Upcoming Shards of Domination Set Bonus Buffs
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Hotfixes - July 30, 2021

Items and Rewards

  • Shards of Domination
    • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Blood Link – The damage and healing amount has been increased at all ranks by 20%.
    • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Winds of Winter – The amount of damage and healing stored by the Winds has been increased at all ranks by ~45%.
      • Developers’ note: The difference between the three Rune Words for the Shards of Domination system is bigger than we want it to be. We have identified and fixed a bug in Winds of Winter which was preventing some damaging and healing abilities from counting towards its total, and we have retuned Winds of Winter and Blood Link so that the relative power between Rune Word bonuses is more balanced.
  • Jotungeirr, Destiny’s Call will now reset its cooldown at the end of boss encounters.
  • Fixed an issue where Ticking Sack of Terror could trigger more than intended in the presence of multiple trinkets.

Spit Emote Removed on TBC Classic PTR
The /spit emote has been removed on the Burning Crusade Classic PTR. Players can no longer target others with the emote, however they can still spit on the ground.

It is speculated that this change is a result of people spamming /spit on players riding the Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, the reward for purchasing the Burning Crusade Deluxe Edition.



Lead Game Designer Jeremy Feasel tweeted that he's having a look at cleaning up toxicity in the game, so this could be one of many changes to come.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Upcoming Shards of Domination Set Bonus Buffs, Spit Emote Removed on TBC Classic PTR started by Lumy View original post
Comments 581 Comments
  1. Nimin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are making a big deal out of an emote and even getting so riled up as to insult others who see it as no big deal.
    The fact you keep tip-toeing between "It's just an emote bro" and "people are victims of harm from reading this emote every now and then" tells everything about your bad faith.

    How is it that when we complain its removal it's nothing special it was just an emote but when those snowflakes complain for its presence it's a big deal warranting global censoring?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can be harassed with text. You keep trying to blame the victims here
    Those so called """"""""""victims"""""""""" can go fuck off. You're not a victim of anything by being slightly marginally offended at something, maybe.
    It doesn't give them a right to victimize the vast majority of the userbase by censoring an emote that was both classic and most of us were using correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They were just playing the game when triggered people decided to target them. Is it because you are one of those people that repeatedly /spit on those with a specific mount?
    Again, "triggered people decided to target them", and that's wrong to you, but at the very same instant those who got triggered from this are "poor victims".
    You're not arguing with logic.

    Also no, I never used /spit but I'll defend the right of sane people to do it. Mollycoddling mental fragility to these heights is pathetic and harms all.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    You think targeted online harassment and reputation tarnishing straight to your face is the same as spamming a /spit emote from your anonymous avatar to another anonymous avatar from across the globe that you will probably never encounter again?
    When the emote is being used for targeted harassment. Yes. Why do you think otherwise? You literally keep saying targeted harassment is acceptable because it is being done with a emote.
  1. cface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    You cannot be serious.....
    You think targeted online harassment and reputation tarnishing straight to your face is the same as spamming a /spit emote from your anonymous avatar to another anonymous avatar from across the globe that you will probably never encounter again?
    Put him on ignore, obvious troll. So many on these forums the last years, they don't care at all about what they're talking about, they just want to be right, not to understand
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    The fact you keep tip-toeing between "It's just an emote bro" and "people are victims of harm from reading this emote every now and then" tells everything about your bad faith.
    It is just an emote. That isn't something I've tip toed around. Lol. People are victims of harassment using the emote. That isn't bad faith. What is bad faith is inventing claims that another person hasn't had and ignore harassment that is taking place just because you can't accept it as reality.

    If it is just an emote and the targets of the harassment are emotionally unstable why are you reacting emotionally about the emote being removed? Why are you claiming to be a victim because you can not longer type /spit in a video game?

    Again, "triggered people decided to target them", and that's wrong to you, but at the very same instant those who got triggered from this are "poor victims".
    The truth is what is wrong with me? Lmao. You can't be a good judge of what sane is when you ignore the truth. People harassing others over a mount is a text book definition of being triggered.
  1. EyelessCrow's Avatar
    Personally I don't think WoW is ever going to recover. It's a game by pussies for pussies at this point. Which I find funny considering they want to put kid gloves and foam padding on every corner for said weaklings to feel safe in, meanwhile mass murder is committed on a regular basis as a plot point.

    Nothing about this game is appealing at this point. They've ruined it like season 8 of GoT ruined the whole show for me. There's nothing to go back to because they've made it all so pointless. I'm only here to watch it crumble.
  1. Delever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    When the emote is being used for targeted harassment. Yes. Why do you think otherwise? You literally keep saying targeted harassment is acceptable because it is being done with a emote.
    It is assholish behaviour but how are you actually being harassed? What is actually being done to you? How are your feelings getting hurt by a /spit emote from an anonymus orc?
    Did you feelings also get hurt when during the end of the DK quesline NPCs were throwing rotten shit at you? Its a fake online world where you are role playing a character. Its immature behavior but equating it with actual harassment is immensely downplaying and insulting actual victims of harassment.
    Imagine a therapy circle where people have gathered to share their experiences. Victim no1 shares they were sexually abused by her co workers causing her trauma. Victim no2 shares that they deveoped PTSD from a war. Victim no3 shares that they were doxxed by an organized cyber bullying where people created a fake profile of them on FB and proceeded to destroy their reputation through fake messages and pictures. Then victim no4 shares that they were afking on a warp stalker in shattrath and people passing by would use a /spit emote on them before leaving and forgetting about it.
    How do you think this would make actual victims feel? Putting the label "victim" on these people over something so miniscule and equating their negligible experience to harassment and abuse does more harm than good.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Personally I don't think WoW is ever going to recover. It's a game by pussies for pussies at this point. Which I find funny considering they want to put kid gloves and foam padding on every corner for said weaklings to feel safe in, meanwhile mass murder is committed on a regular basis as a plot point.
    It is hilarious that people keep trying to claim that because the story has murder they should be allowed to be toxic to follow players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    It is assholish behaviour but how are you actually being harassed? What is actually being done to you? How are your feelings getting hurt by a /spit emote from an anonymus orc?
    So targeted harassment is not bad? If it is a fake online world why are you getting so worked up over an emote being removed? You are the one that keeps downplaying harassment because you think harassment can't happen online. You keep victim shaming. Remember when you said you were not yet now you are setting arbitrary limits on who can be a victim and who can't be.

    How do you think it would make actual victims feel to say that abuse isn't abuse if it doesn't meet a threshold you personally agree with? All because you can't accept that harassment can occur in a video game. Lol.
  1. Nimin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is hilarious that people keep trying to claim that because the story has murder they should be allowed to be toxic to follow players.
    Oh no! Not following players, that's too much.

    Jesus. At some point you guys are gonna break under the simple pressure of existance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If it is a fake online world why are you getting so worked up over an emote being removed?
    And again with the bad faith.
    Pick a position: either the emote is nothing and thus both sides should ignore whether it exists or not, or the emote carries serious consequences and thus both usage and removal are important.

    You can't tip-toe constantly between one or the other when it suits you.
  1. Schmeebs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Pick a position: either the emote is nothing and thus both sides should ignore whether it exists or not, or the emote carries serious consequences and thus both usage and removal are important.

    You can't tip-toe constantly between one or the other when it suits you.
    Thats a really stupid argument, You can think the emote is stupid and removing it is a good thing, but also admit at the same time that most of the time the emote is basically meaningless. The community is the ones that weaponized it (and Asmonshitface egged it on), blame them if you are attached to your emote.
  1. BreakerOfWills's Avatar
    I think it's grand that with everything going on that players can come together to explain why it's breaking their hearts that they can't spam /spit on people til it fills up chat screens.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Oh no! Not following players, that's too much. Jesus. At some point you guys are gonna break under the simple pressure of existance.
    Says the person that is getting upset because players can't be toxic to fellow players. Weird right?

    And again with the bad faith.Pick a position: either the emote is nothing and thus both sides should ignore whether it exists or not, or the emote carries serious consequences and thus both usage and removal are important.You can't tip-toe constantly between one or the other when it suits you.
    It isn't about the emote. Why do you still not understand that? It was about the specific emote being used as a tool for harassment. Removing it puts a temporary stop to the harassment. The emote itself has little value to the game so there is little reason to save it. You keep projecting about bad faith discussion.
  1. Delever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Says the person that is getting upset because players can't be toxic to fellow players. Weird right?



    It isn't about the emote. Why do you still not understand that? It was about the specific emote being used as a tool for harassment. Removing it puts a temporary stop to the harassment. The emote itself has little value to the game so there is little reason to save it. You keep projecting about bad faith discussion.
    You have the nerve to talk about projection when in the post above you started once again arguing in absolutes, claiming that somehow I think harassment in video games cannot happen at all which is not what I said.
    Harassment in video games can absolutely happen when people message you hurtful things like racist or homophobic remarks and when people actively prevent you from playing like camping your corpse or trying to cover an npc with a mount.
    To equate these with the use of an emote is ridiculous and all you are doing is validating a hypersensitive reaction that only gives room for fake victimhood to escalate, further invalidating actual abuse victims.
  1. BreakerOfWills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Oh no! Not following players, that's too much.

    Jesus. At some point you guys are gonna break under the simple pressure of existance.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And again with the bad faith.
    Pick a position: either the emote is nothing and thus both sides should ignore whether it exists or not, or the emote carries serious consequences and thus both usage and removal are important.

    You can't tip-toe constantly between one or the other when it suits you.
    Yknow there's a third option

    People spamming /spit is annoying as fuck and people don't want to be annoyed 24/7. It's why you can /ignore people. Your right to be an annoying shit doesn't mean everyone needs to be forced to experience it, whether it's harassment or just plain aggravation.

    Furthermore if you think you can fix problems with game design by spitting on players but wont bother messaging executives(not devs cuz they dont decide on microtransactions they just follow orders) you're either dimwitted and think you're having an effect, or you know you're not affecting actual change and you just want an excuse to be an annoying shit. You can pick your lane.

    If you really care about blizz and the soul destroying rot that's apparently been a feature in the company I don't know why "I have a neeeeeeed to spit on players constantly" is the hill you want to die on. Especially when all it does is give a shining beacon to the people that say "It's not just blizzard corporate, their players are assholes too"

    But for sure, go back and forth again with the "if they can't ignore constantly being spit on it's their fault and I'm a hero for doing it" narrative. Solid work.
  1. classypancakes's Avatar
    "Hey look over here! You subscribers are the real problem! Not our ENTIRE CULTURE OF TOXICITY within our own company! Let's give you guys some slap on the wrist so you get distracted from demanding we fix the sh** affecting our actual staff!" - this move by Blizz.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    You have the nerve to talk about projection when in the post above you started once again arguing in absolutes, claiming that somehow I think harassment in video games cannot happen at all which is not what I said.
    So then people can be harassed by an emote, right? Even though you keep saying it isn't "real" harassment? It isn't projection when you literally are making that argument. Calling targeted harassment "hypersensitive reaction" indicates that you don't think harassment can occur in video games. This isn't fake victim hood. Stop blaming the victims because other players got triggered over a mount being bought and decided to harass the players who bought it.

    The only one invalidating actual abuse victims is yourself who is gate keeping what is abuse based on your personal views. Anything can be used for harassment. It doesn't require racial slurs, homophobic remarks, or anything else you use to gate keep harassment. Repeating something over and over and over is a form of harassment. Doing it just because someone bought a mount is harassment.
  1. MatPandaZ's Avatar
    Who cares if there is targeted harassment. It's a game ffs. People can /ignore and move on with their lives. Oh no a person is spitting in a game of war where genocide happens almost daily *shocked pikachu face*.
  1. Delever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So then people can be harassed by an emote, right? Even though you keep saying it isn't "real" harassment? It isn't projection when you literally are making that argument. Calling targeted harassment "hypersensitive reaction" indicates that you don't think harassment can occur in video games. This isn't fake victim hood. Stop blaming the victims because other players got triggered over a mount being bought and decided to harass the players who bought it.

    The only one invalidating actual abuse victims is yourself who is gate keeping what is abuse based on your personal views. Anything can be used for harassment. It doesn't require racial slurs, homophobic remarks, or anything else you use to gate keep harassment. Repeating something over and over and over is a form of harassment. Doing it just because someone bought a mount is harassment.
    Pretty sure your financial support to sexual predators is doing way more to hurt victims. If you wanna take it to ad hominem and argue in extremes and absolutes two can play at that game.
  1. alucardtnuoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Removing it puts a temporary stop to the harassment.
    Does it though? It seems negligible and more of a virtue signal to remove ONE emote (and not even in it's entirety as you can still do /e Spits at you).

    A better method would be to have a toggle to "Allow emotes only from friends/NPCs"

    That still doesn't stop players from typing "Ew, store mount" or something in public chat to share their opinion.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Pretty sure your financial support to sexual predators is doing way more to hurt victims. If you wanna take it to ad hominem and argue in extremes and absolutes two can play at that game.
    So then the emote being removed doesn't matter. Because the only way to use it is to financially support sexual predators right? Continuing to play the game does not mean you support sexual harassment. That reasoning is as dumb as you saying that harassment was not occurring with the emote. We have a streamer who called for that type of harassment as a protest. You can harass with any type of word or action. Saying that is not ad hominem, because it isn't direct at you the person but your argument. Saying that is not taking the discussion to extremes because it is literally what has happened.
  1. Nimin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't about the emote. Why do you still not understand that? It was about the specific emote being used as a tool for harassment. Removing it puts a temporary stop to the harassment. The emote itself has little value to the game so there is little reason to save it. You keep projecting about bad faith discussion.
    Right, because the solution to a tool being misused is removal of that tool for everyone.

    Idiocracy, ladies and gentlemen.

Site Navigation