Diablo II: Resurrected - Cinematic Trailer
Blizzard released the Diablo II: Resurrected trailer today!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Diablo II: Resurrected - Cinematic Trailer started by chaud View original post
Comments 53 Comments
  1. KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Yeah both games and man those cinematics were amazing then and these do them justice. I can see being negative about dome artistic choices for the remaster but anyone saying the cinematics are bad is just flinging poop.

    I hope they didn't actually stop development of the diablo animated series . Would love more than anything to see sanctuary brought to life and expanded more.

    Holy shit I completely forgot that a Diablo series on Netflix was in the works. So much time has passed between that announcement and now, I hope for the best
  1. Verdugo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Spoilers, that's not Tyrael...
    He is talking about real one.
  1. Veggie50's Avatar
    They didn’t change Tyraels VA from the original D2, but in D3 they did get someone else.
  1. Inoculate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Holy shit I completely forgot that a Diablo series on Netflix was in the works. So much time has passed between that announcement and now, I hope for the best
    Same man, same. With how great a job they did with Castlevania, my hype and hope level couldn't be higher.
  1. Draketh90's Avatar
    I can wait no longer! I need to go back to Hell!
  1. Warning's Avatar
    Cinematics look great but I'm going to hold off til I see if they're actually interested in developing the game more. Stuff like a charm inventory, maybe some new runewords and minor skill balancing etc. After they basically let reforged rot they need to earn some trust back.
  1. arkanon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    No widescreen support, no thanks.
    Its mindblowing to me that they le tthe game get this far before saying "turns out ultrawide totally brakes the game, so we are totally removing all ultrawide support instead of actually fixing the issue". I get that its a remake / remaster, but this is beyond lazy. When you take the extremely high price into account, and how little effort they have put in, its a hard no from me for now.
  1. Stormspark's Avatar
    Don't care...I've been done with Blizzard since 2018.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    The music is shit.
  1. khazmodan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Man, you couldn't even get the name of the CEO right.
    oops, fixed it;

    The storage improvements are a legit quality upgrade but I definitely understand the loss of trust in Blizzard. Im more worried about greedy fat goblins like Bobby "nodick" Kotick ruining the game with his short term cash grab mentality.
  1. Inoculate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Don't care...I've been done with Blizzard since 2018.
    Why still visit this site then? I mean, I'm pretty done with Blizzard but I at least have some hope they can be redeemed.
  1. khazmodan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its mindblowing to me that they le tthe game get this far before saying "turns out ultrawide totally brakes the game, so we are totally removing all ultrawide support instead of actually fixing the issue". I get that its a remake / remaster, but this is beyond lazy. When you take the extremely high price into account, and how little effort they have put in, its a hard no from me for now.
    Very true, and this shows that Blizzard has lost so much talent that they are on the Electronic Arts level of laziness and skills. Warcraft 3 Reforged was an example of this and how long it's taking to get Diablo Immortal out is another example.
  1. arkanon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Very true, and this shows that Blizzard has lost so much talent that they are on the Electronic Arts level of laziness and skills. Warcraft 3 Reforged was an example of this and how long it's taking to get Diablo Immortal out is another example.
    The sad truth is myself and others would have jumped at the chance to dive back into D2, at least for a while, but this one decision shows me they really, genuinely do NOT give a shit about their game, or their playerbase. Black bars on the screen? In a 2021 release? Jesus christ thats totally unacceptable. But what is FAR worse for me personally, is the number of issues (including this one) that they waited to talk about until days before launch.

    Are we supposed to believe that no one at Blizzard has loaded this on an ultrawide monitor? No one thought to test that out? No one thought of something as fundamental as "jesus, our screens have changed a lot considering everyone was playing on a 17 or 19 inch CRT when this launched". Its just totally shite development of a beloved product.
  1. khazmodan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The sad truth is myself and others would have jumped at the chance to dive back into D2, at least for a while, but this one decision shows me they really, genuinely do NOT give a shit about their game, or their playerbase. Black bars on the screen? In a 2021 release? Jesus christ thats totally unacceptable. But what is FAR worse for me personally, is the number of issues (including this one) that they waited to talk about until days before launch.

    Are we supposed to believe that no one at Blizzard has loaded this on an ultrawide monitor? No one thought to test that out? No one thought of something as fundamental as "jesus, our screens have changed a lot considering everyone was playing on a 17 or 19 inch CRT when this launched". Its just totally shite development of a beloved product.
    I must admit that I will still probably try it out after a few months of players "beta" testing it to see if Blizz is motivated to do anything beyond cash grabbing then turning there back on it. If it is a mess like Warcraft 3 reforged though, and especially if they put some microtransaction crap in the game then I will just wax nostalgic about the old game and refuse to acknowledge the existence of Resurrected.
  1. arkanon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I must admit that I will still probably try it out after a few months of players "beta" testing it to see if Blizz is motivated to do anything beyond cash grabbing then turning there back on it. If it is a mess like Warcraft 3 reforged though, and especially if they put some microtransaction crap in the game then I will just wax nostalgic about the old game and refuse to acknowledge the existence of Resurrected.
    I planned to, until i saw the price. The price would be fine if they had put some effort into it, instead of removing some stuff. I fully accept i wont get full support from an old game with the ultrawide, thats fine. To be fair, even many older games have been patched to include UW support, but its not expcted. But this is a 2021 release, with a very high price (for what it is), and i just cant see the value for money there.
  1. Frolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Don't care...I've been done with Blizzard since 2018.
    And yet you visit a fan page for Blizzard games, maybe you care a little, but your not willing to admit it, its fine, we all love to hate Blizz.
  1. JABoyle3875's Avatar
    Will wait to pick it up used for the XBox. Blizzard will never get a penny from me again.

    If it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck like Warcraft III: Refunded, that is.
  1. khazmodan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I planned to, until i saw the price. The price would be fine if they had put some effort into it, instead of removing some stuff. I fully accept i wont get full support from an old game with the ultrawide, thats fine. To be fair, even many older games have been patched to include UW support, but its not expcted. But this is a 2021 release, with a very high price (for what it is), and i just cant see the value for money there.
    I had not even looked at the price until today, I bought Diablo 3 way back when it was released
    and was so disappointed that I never played it again. Now I get a discount on the diablo prime evil collection which includes Diablo 3 and other stuff, my discount is a reduction from 59.99 to 54.99....

    Why do I have the feeling that ActiBlizz cannot resist doing a Classic WoW too D2 and slamming things like boosts and whatever currency (stone of Jordan) is valuable in game in the shop, then claiming it's for our own protection?.
  1. Haidaes's Avatar
    So, did they redo all the art assets or whys does this cost 40+ bucks?
  1. Clozer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, did they redo all the art assets or whys does this cost 40+ bucks?
    They did and skills and animations, too. It looks pretty good.

Site Navigation