Patch 9.2 Campaign "Secrets of the First Ones"

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7

Patch 9.2 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 1
Today we are previewing the first chapter in the main story campaign for patch 9.2 on the PTR. Be aware that this could change before it goes live. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Chapter 1 - Into the Unknown
  • When you first log on, you will be greeted by a message from the Primus asking you to come see him in Oribos. The time has come to resume your pursuit of the Jailer.
  • You speak to him at the Crucible, where he remarks that the Covenants have been renewed, but one sigil is still required to pursue the Jailer, that of the Arbiter's.
  • Tal-Inmara and the others manifest the final sigil, allowing you to take a portal to Zereth Mortis, the realm of the First Ones, and the very heart of the Shadowlands. It is forbidden to outsiders, but the Jailer must be stopped. Pelagos goes with you at the last second, stating that you shouldn't make the journey alone.
  • Before you leave, it is revealed that a Nathrezim has been amongst your ranks, and they summon a horde of Mawsworn to attack. The Primus lends you his strength and you fight them off, but your mount is killed in the process. You are forced to fight on the back of one of the mawsworn dragons, eventually killing its rider and using it to go through the portal.
  • You arrive in a strange land. You can walk on water here and the trees are floating. You find Pelagos and explore your surroundings. You find a large gate and some robotic creatures who seem to take no notice of your presence. They speak is musical sounds, and Pelagos can't understand it.
  • You find some relics to place into two pedestals and open the gate to find a Broker named Firim lying on the ground. He wonders if you are servants of the Jailer, but then realizes that you are far too confused to be Mawsworn.
  • You help him load up his stuff while he explains that he led an expedition to find this place, and succeeded before the Jailer's forces spread across it like a plague. He also explains that his pack mules are called Automa, which are caretakers left here by the first ones. He suggests that you help him harness their might to use against the Mawsworn.
  • Firim says that as long as you don't anger the automa they will ignore you. You follow Firim to a nearby vault and extract an automa hand, which causes a guardian to attack. When returning to Firim, Pelagos scoffs that you were attacked, but Firim says taking the hand angered them. He suggests you be more careful.
  • Firim then has you use the hand to activate a nearby console to collect a Repository Treasure, while also collecting intact automa fragments. You stop a mawsworn in the process, and then ride with Firim to a new area. On the way, Pelagos asks if he has ever seen the first ones. Firim says he has not, and that they may be elsewhere now. The Sepulcher here holds the key to remaking the cosmos itself, and the Jailer must not be allowed to enter.
  • You are just outside the entrance of Haven, where Firim's estranged colleagues have set up home. He is not welcome there, but says that they may be able to help. You are captured upon entering and brought before the elders. To prove that you are the Maw Walker and not a mawsworn, they have you kill mawsworn in the area.
  • After, an unfinished cutscene shows the Jailer and his troops have succeeded in finding what they need and are heading to the Sepulcher. The elders agree to help. They show you to the zone's waystone, stating that the First Ones left these here as important gateways that only respond to the Maw Walkers destined to save the realms of death.
  • You establish a link between Oribios and Zereth Mortis, allowing the covenant forces to enter. Back in Haven, the elders greet the new forces and exclaim that this was all foretold. You can now work together to stop the Jailer.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 9.2 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 1 started by Stoy View original post
Comments 30 Comments
  1. beratish's Avatar
    It is writing like this that makes the playerbase beg for blizzard to change the plot so znoth won so we can restart things.
  1. The Stormbringer's Avatar
    "This was all foretold." Boring. Using vague prophecies yet again. Sigh.
  1. Nemah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "This was all foretold." Boring. Using vague prophecies yet again. Sigh.
    A wizard Nathrezim did it.
  1. Sorshen's Avatar
    "stating that the First Ones left these here as important gateways that only respond to the Maw Walkers destined to save the realms of death"

    Lmao.
  1. LordVargK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    "stating that the First Ones left these here as important gateways that only respond to the Maw Walkers destined to save the realms of death"

    Lmao.
    Pathetic plan, yes.

    Do we know by now why we specifically are maw walkers? The other mortals in the Shadowlands do not qualify, do they?
  1. KNTRPRTS's Avatar
    Before you leave, it is revealed that a Nathrezim has been amongst your ranks



    Oh no, the absolute worst thing that could ever happen... happened.
  1. florclorbromiod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post


    Oh no, the absolute worst thing that could ever happen... happened.
    I thought Demon Hunters can detect Nathrezim???
  1. McNeil's Avatar
    I can't wait to skip the entire intro
  1. Kiivar86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Pathetic plan, yes.

    Do we know by now why we specifically are maw walkers? The other mortals in the Shadowlands do not qualify, do they?
    I don't think we do yet but feels a safe assumption that it relates to Azeroth in some capacity, especially with Azeroth's presence in the final fight against the Jailer.
  1. LordVargK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I don't think we do yet but feels a safe assumption that it relates to Azeroth in some capacity, especially with Azeroth's presence in the final fight against the Jailer.
    This theory assumes that every player character recieved the Heart of Azeroth. But hopefully this will get cleared up in the next patch. I don't have high hopes, though. It isn't even confirmed what disabled the arbiter so I can't see the writers tie off all loose ends in one patch...
  1. THEORACLE64's Avatar
    Jeez, talk about being slow posting stuff these days. Wowhead has covered all the available chapters already.
  1. Kiivar86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    This theory assumes that every player character recieved the Heart of Azeroth. But hopefully this will get cleared up in the next patch. But I don't have high hopes. It isn't even confirmed what disabled the arbiter...
    Even without the Heart, the Player character is "of" Azeroth*, so there is likely a connection

    *Though debatably Draenei, LF Draenei, Orcs, and AU-Mag'har orcs aren't but...eh, details.
  1. Alanar's Avatar
    It looks really boring, but I think wowhead already posted bunch of campaigns already. So I dont see the point posting ot again, but what ever lol.

    Good luck and have fun with this content who ever bothers doing it.
  1. natham's Avatar
    Next expansion please... just let this one rest in peace.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Jeez, talk about being slow posting stuff these days. Wowhead has covered all the available chapters already.
    Its not like many people actually care about this.
  1. Darknessvamp's Avatar
    What gets me is that somehow the First Ones predicted that a Maw Walker would exist during a time when the Maw didn't and was able to pinpoint the random locations for the waystones to be conveniently accessible for story reasons. As in the fucking Eternal Ones were the ones who created it as a prison in response to the Arbiter betraying them and rebranding him as a Jailer and placing him there in Torghast. I get that the writers can't keep things consistent across patches in their own lore anymore but this is just ridiculous especially after a patch where we were shown explicitly how the Jailer brought land masses into the Maw with Korthia.
  1. digitalphreak's Avatar
    Does it even make sense to call this game World of Warcraft anymore? I cant put my finger on exactly why but the soul of WoW is non-existent in this dumpster fire of a game.
  1. ChairmanKaga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post


    Oh no, the absolute worst thing that could ever happen... happened.
    Fingers crossed it's Jaina /s
  1. qwerty123456's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    What gets me is that somehow the First Ones predicted that a Maw Walker would exist during a time when the Maw didn't and was able to pinpoint the random locations for the waystones to be conveniently accessible for story reasons. As in the fucking Eternal Ones were the ones who created it as a prison in response to the Arbiter betraying them and rebranding him as a Jailer and placing him there in Torghast. I get that the writers can't keep things consistent across patches in their own lore anymore but this is just ridiculous especially after a patch where we were shown explicitly how the Jailer brought land masses into the Maw with Korthia.
    "We have seen the future where our creation fucks up and warps/destroys millions of souls but instead of setting up a better system so this shit doesn't happen lets just make a special technology only the chosen one can use instead!"
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post


    Oh no, the absolute worst thing that could ever happen... happened.
    Jaina is a dreadlord confirmed?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    "We have seen the future where our creation fucks up and warps/destroys millions of souls but instead of setting up a better system so this shit doesn't happen lets just make a special technology only the chosen one can use instead!"
    God I hate prophesies like this... Especially when it's by all powerful gods that created the universe. Just make the universe different so that prophecy doesn't happen.
  1. Greyvax's Avatar
    With no player power attached, Zereth Mortis will be DoA.

Site Navigation