Patch 9.2 New Enigma Arena Delayed for Polish
Originally Posted by blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We previously planned to bring two new Arenas to the game in the Eternity’s End content update: the Maldraxxus Coliseum and the Enigma Arena.

Upon further review, we’ve decided to devote more development time to make Enigma Arena as good as we expect it to be. This new Arena includes moving features, and we want to make sure we get it working right before release. While we’re very excited about it, we’re now planning to add it to the game in a subsequent content update, and not with the beginning of Season 3.

Maldraxxus Coliseum is still on track for release with Eternity’s End update.

Johnny Cash Leaves Blizzard
Senior Game Designer Johnny Cash is leaving Blizzard after 12 years. He is best known for his work on pet battles, artifact weapons, and class halls!




Dark Legacy Comics #803 - Pick-me-up Group
DLC #803 has been released!


This article was originally published in forum thread: Enigma Arena Delayed, Johnny Cash Leaves Blizzard started by Stoy View original post
Comments 137 Comments
  1. LordVargK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It wasn't just a failure, it was almost as big a blunder as Garrison were.
    Player housing is DEAD after two failed experiments.
    Class hall were not player housing.
  1. Echorausch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    My bad. Shaman was indeed in Maelstrom, but Druid was in Val'sharah and Archeras is literally floating over Broken Shore

    Both Druid and DK was accessible via flying mounts from said zones, and both have flight masters, you could use, prior to flying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    I don't know a single person who hated(!) them. Of course everything is subject to taste but especially the class halls were really cool and well liked.
    The only thing that annoyed most people was the AP grind, and that you had to level each weapon/spec seperately. If Blizzard had done it differently, it would have been the perfect borrowed power.
  1. Lady Atia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Does* exist in different places for all intents and purposes. It's not like some secret game dev is quickly moving Dalaran across the world every time you enter a new loading screen lol!

    And the one in question is obviously tied heavily and directly with the Broken Isles and Legion expansion. Nothing about that city either will be moved to another expansion. If they decide to use Dalaran again it will be a different version, just like all the other times. And yes, same as Archeas for DK. That version is the "Legion" version and is on the Broken Isles. It will also never move.

    Weird tangent argument when the dude you originally quoted was correct in stating that it was obvious class halls would never be implemented past Legion.
    Archerus is actually parked infront of ICC now lorewise since Shadowlands.
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Archerus is actually parked infront of ICC now lorewise since Shadowlands.
    Yet there is still and always will be an Archerus outside of the Broken shore still.. I am not talking about lore here obviously.
  1. Thes's Avatar
    Man, I can't wait for Ring of Valor 2.0!

    I hope they have fixed all the game engine issues of players disconnecting when being pushed/gripped to moving objects.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    Everyone didn't hate them. Class Halls went over very well and Artifact weapons were well received. It was the AP grind that people didn't like. The weapons themselves were liked.

    You hated them. That does not mean everyone did. That is projection.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Quite the opposite I'm afraid. Activision Blizzard is one single entity. There's no separation of the two.

    Blizzard had a lot of control under CEO Mike Morhaime, but he was replaced by President J. Allen Brack who was later replaced by Co-Leaders Mike Ybarra and Jen Oneal, of whom Jen Oneal already quit the company for a variety of reasons, one of which was her distrust in the company being able to change the culture within the company lastingly.

    So while Blizzard was originally a golden goose that Bobby Kotick didn't care to change, that fact has very much changed, and the fact that Activision Blizzard earns more revenue from their mobile division King (publishers of Candy Crush) than Blizzard makes them far more susceptible to interference.
    This is wrong. Activision and Blizzard are two separate companies under one roof called Activision-Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard each have their own CEO's. Eric Hirshberg is the CEO of Actvision while MIke Ybarra is leading Blizzard. Bobby Kotick is above them as the CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

    If that is not enough, you can look at any Blizzard game and you will not see the name Activision anywhere and you can look at any Activision game and not find the name Blizzard anywhere. They are two separate companies. Period.
  1. bloodkin's Avatar
    Blizz keeps bleeding talent like a stuck pig. Having designed pet battles (seen as a positive, good for casual play), the artifact weapons (recieved positively, only problem was the AP grind, and the lengths to which the players could go) and the order halls (also received positively), he wasn't bad at his work lol.

    People still want to argue that blizz is still somehow as good as it was before, and that they still have the same heart and soul. Fact is, with blizz bleeding people left and right like this, wow will certainly decline in content quality and quantity. Blizz sold it's soul, it just took a few years longer for it to truly start to die off.
  1. FuxieDK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Everyone didn't hate them. Class Halls went over very well and Artifact weapons were well received. It was the AP grind that people didn't like. The weapons themselves were liked.

    You hated them. That does not mean everyone did. That is projection.
    The AP grind was implicit with the wespons. But I did write, higher up, that people liked the weapons themselves, but not the AP grind. The bitching didn't stop until v7.2 where a single WQ gave over 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon.
    Read before you (wrongfully) critize!

    And yes, Class Halls was disliked. Very much, judging by in-game chat and treads on MMO-C during the expansion.
    Historically, people have always HATED being forced out of <expansion hub> (in this case Dalaran) for any thing other than dungeons, raids, questing and dailies/WQs.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The AP grind was implicit with the wespons. But I did write, higher up, that people liked the weapons themselves, but not the AP grind. The bitching didn't stop until v7.2 where a single WQ gave over 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon.
    Read before you (wrongfully) critize!

    And yes, Class Halls was disliked. Very much, judging by in-game chat and treads on MMO-C during the expansion.
    Historically, people have always HATED being forced out of <expansion hub> (in this case Dalaran) for any thing other than dungeons, raids, questing and dailies/WQs.
    I did read what you wrote. You literally said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    You contradicted yourself.

    Also pointing to a vocal minority and saying that proves everyone hated Class halls is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst. Class Halls were well received and you were barely there.
  1. FuxieDK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You contradicted yourself
    No I don't.
    The weapons WERE hated, because if the AP system, I that doesn't means, that some part of them (the unique spells) we liked/loved.

    Not until v7.2 was released, the biggering was quelled, and the weaponss could "shine". But x.2 is waaaay too late, in an expansion, for a core system to work.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No I don't.
    The weapons WERE hated, because if the AP system, I that doesn't means, that some part of them (the unique spells) we liked/loved.

    Not until v7.2 was released, the biggering was quelled, and the weaponss could "shine". But x.2 is waaaay too late, in an expansion, for a core system to work.
    NO they weren't and you are wrong. You claimed in one post that the weapons were liked and then told me everyone hated them. Thus you contradicted yourself.

    The weapons were liked. The AP system was not.. You are trying to spin and twist to declare yourself right.
  1. FuxieDK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO they weren't and you are wrong. You claimed in one post that the weapons were liked and then told me everyone hated them. Thus you contradicted yourself.

    The weapons were liked. The AP system was not.. You are trying to spin and twist to declare yourself right.
    No, I didn't.

    Overall, the weapons AS A WHOLE were disliked/hated. Part of them (unique spells) was liked/loved, but that wad dwarfed by the hatred of the AP system, which caused players to curse the weapons left and right.

    When v7.2 was released, a single WQ gave in excess of 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon, the hatred subsided, because the grind was over and people could enjoy the unique spells.

    This is what I have said the whole time, and this is how things were back in Legion.
  1. Dastreus's Avatar
    Everyone shitting on pet battles but legit liked them. When blizz nerfed the ability to do end game pet battle WQs early in BFA, it was legit one of the (many) reasons I quit.
  1. Armael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Everyone shitting on pet battles but legit liked them. When blizz nerfed the ability to do end game pet battle WQs early in BFA, it was legit one of the (many) reasons I quit.
    They did what?
  1. HansOlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Why there is now a news EVERY time someone leaves Blizzard?

    Waiting for “pizza guy leaves Blizzard after 20 years”.
    Because it generates traffic. And both Blizz and fanpages earns from it.

    Then we have these 17 year old people - who played the game for last 17 years - with immense insight of economics and gamedesign - who will tell us that we are doomed.
  1. Dastreus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    They did what?
    I was using low level pets to catch up some, and because I didn't have a wide variety at 25. The pet battle WQs used to scale in level. They are now at set levels (usually 25).
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No, I didn't.

    Overall, the weapons AS A WHOLE were disliked/hated. Part of them (unique spells) was liked/loved, but that wad dwarfed by the hatred of the AP system, which caused players to curse the weapons left and right.

    When v7.2 was released, a single WQ gave in excess of 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon, the hatred subsided, because the grind was over and people could enjoy the unique spells.

    This is what I have said the whole time, and this is how things were back in Legion.
    Not what you said. Sin e youa re arguing and bad faith and continue to twist your own words by moving the goalposts to insist you are right when you were already wrong, we are done here. Artifact weapons were liked. AP grind was not . End of Story.

Site Navigation