World of Warcraft Community Council Update
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the start of the new year, we wanted to provide an update on the WoW Community Council and the progress we are working toward as we continue to review the over ten thousand applications we’ve received. We are working hard to give all applicants fair consideration as we determine the next wave of invites. Updates specific to this will be shared once things are finalized.

The team has hit the ground running in 2022 with the Eternity’s End PTR. The WoW Community Council’s impact can already be seen as they have helped push along some new conversations on the PTR forums by asking how Shards of Domination will change with the patch along with pushing to know more about the tentative raid testing schedule for the Sepulcher of the First Ones. Additional topics are actively being discussed and posts will be made accordingly whenever details are finalized.

The current activity and releases in WoW Classic have led to a few updates there as well:


We are closely watching what the council members are most actively discussing and there will be more updates to come. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Dark Legacy Comics #805 - Let Them Eat Cake
DLC #805 has been released!

This article was originally published in forum thread: World of Warcraft Community Council Update, DLC #805 started by Lumy View original post
Comments 37 Comments
  1. Dystemper's Avatar
    Community council, what a fucking joke.
  1. JustForThisThread's Avatar
    Wait, they think it took a "community council" for them to do the bare minimum of inform us about PTR testing dates and that Dom Shards are going away?

    What a joke of a company.
  1. Ilnez's Avatar
    This is the ultimate "WE'RE DOING SOMETHING WE PROMISE." Community Council cringe, a bunch of dog water players who have no idea how to actually play the game making decisions and pretending they represent the rest of us.

    God it's so shit.
  1. Kiwijello's Avatar
    What a joke. NOTHING is changing. You do what you want and expect the masses to eat it up. No thanks. Let the shills and whales have cake...
  1. Edward Wu's Avatar
    All the good threads about their fundamental game design being broken continue to be ignored in favor of expansion-specific problems only people who still play this awful game care about.

    They will continue to fail until they start actually wanting to reach out to the literal millions of people who have quit in the last couple years.
  1. regardoz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    This is the ultimate "WE'RE DOING SOMETHING WE PROMISE." Community Council cringe, a bunch of dog water players who have no idea how to actually play the game making decisions and pretending they represent the rest of us.

    God it's so shit.
    Why you dont sign in for council? I believe you are like me a veteran, since 2005. Any idea how to be from the council?
  1. Jovok's Avatar
    The root problem is Activision's business model for WoW.

    The Community Council cannot influence that business model.

    It is therefore a complete waste of time and effort for everyone involved.

    Community Council attacks the symptoms, not the disease.
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovok View Post
    The root problem is Activision's business model for WoW.

    The Community Council cannot influence that business model.

    It is therefore a complete waste of time and effort for everyone involved.

    Community Council attacks the symptoms, not the disease.
    yesssss, keep blaming activision despite the no evidence of them meddling.
  1. cateran100's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    yesssss, keep blaming activision despite the no evidence of them meddling.

    Came out from hibernation or what? For example: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sic-games-team
  1. vincink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovok View Post
    The root problem is Activision's business model for WoW.

    The Community Council cannot influence that business model.

    It is therefore a complete waste of time and effort for everyone involved.

    Community Council attacks the symptoms, not the disease.
    It really has nothing to do with WoW's business model. It's fine. The problem is Blizzard has slowly been overrun with pink-haired West coast leftists who are making knee-jerk decisions because of their lack of vision and self-regulation. Rather than standing on a vision for their games and building towards that vision, they are trying to classic "community" approach where everyone tries to give input and what comes out the other side is equivalent to the color you get when you mix all the paints together in art class. Brown, tasteless, droll, gray, sickening, disgusting melancholy.
  1. cantrip's Avatar
    The community council is nothing but a PR joke. As if Ion would listen to "the players".
  1. Lulbalance's Avatar
    Thank God there's a community council in place, I was beginning to worry general player base concerns were going unheard.
  1. klaps_05's Avatar
    Sick community council impact, TBC raid discussions and chickens fixed.
  1. Jovok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    It really has nothing to do with WoW's business model. It's fine. The problem is Blizzard has slowly been overrun with pink-haired West coast leftists who are making knee-jerk decisions because of their lack of vision and self-regulation. Rather than standing on a vision for their games and building towards that vision, they are trying to classic "community" approach where everyone tries to give input and what comes out the other side is equivalent to the color you get when you mix all the paints together in art class. Brown, tasteless, droll, gray, sickening, disgusting melancholy.
    Sure, sure. Keep blaming workers. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
  1. tacoSalads's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    yesssss, keep blaming activision despite the no evidence of them meddling.
    Considering they consistently provide in-game updates that promote boosting/token sales, and updates that are blatantly there just to increase your /played time (such as the rev/exalted reputation for the second legendary and ridiculous achievement needed for the conduit catchup that only works on the character with it)?

    Keep turning a blind eye though.

    The co-president doing sales runs also completely doesnt influence their business model /s
  1. Sucralose's Avatar
    The difference between the community council and the hidden forums when you break it down is the level of play the players represent. Blizzard ignored the hidden forums constantly as they were convinced casual players loved their gameplay and raiders simply couldn't understand their grand vision.

    Now they are convinced the casuals they have picked out simply are not the right casuals and can't understand their grand vision. What a weird joke though to brag about tbc changes... changes decided on over a decade ago.
  1. Eternal2u's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Community council, what a fucking joke.
    Blizzard is the laughing stock of the gaming industry truly
  1. GR8GODZILLAGOD's Avatar
    What a success the council has been! It's so successful that the feedback they've chosen to show how successful it was is: "Will shards of domination be continuing? No." and "When are we testing the raid on PTR?"
  1. ThiagoTorres's Avatar
    Communit council and nothing is the same.

    Blizzard just respond
    "Working as intended" or
    "We appreciate your feedback but we think the way it is now is better"
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Came out from hibernation or what? For example: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sic-games-team
    Wow something that happened recently and ended up making a better product.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tacoSalads View Post
    Considering they consistently provide in-game updates that promote boosting/token sales, and updates that are blatantly there just to increase your /played time (such as the rev/exalted reputation for the second legendary and ridiculous achievement needed for the conduit catchup that only works on the character with it)?

    Keep turning a blind eye though.

    The co-president doing sales runs also completely doesnt influence their business model /s
    Blizzard merged in the first place after a big hiring and company expansion because they were looking to get a great deal more money. Until VERY recently leadership in blizz was still all pre-merger people. Likewise we've seen loads of examples of blizzard employees being great big pieces of shit as well.

    Merging with activision was a symptom of what was going on, not the cause. They went the route of MANY major developers when they start getting a lot of money: they only care about making more.

Site Navigation