World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Releases This Year - Pre-Orders Now Available
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight is now available for pre-purchase in-game and through the Blizzard Shop!

As long-dormant forces begin to stir in their sacred homeland, the dragons of Azeroth—at times both allies and adversaries of the mortal races—call on the heroes of the Alliance and Horde to help reckon with the looming threats and ancient mysteries on the verge of awakening.

Take Wing to a New Beginning
Join forces with the dragonflights of Azeroth as they return to the Dragon Isles, a lost realm of magic and wonder. There await the dracthyr evokers, an all-new playable race and class of humanoid dragonkin who stand ready to join the ranks of the Horde and Alliance.

Dragonflight is now available for purchase in three digital editions: Base, Heroic, and Epic.

Base edition Contents
  • The expansive Dragonflight experience.
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item*)

Heroic Edition Contents
  • The expansive Dragonflight experience.
  • Murkastrasza pet
  • Tangled Dreamweaver mount
  • Dragonflight-level (level 60) character boost**
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item*)

Epic Edition Contents
  • All content from the Heroic Edition
  • Wings of Awakening (back-slot with 5 color variants)
  • Diadem of the Spell-Keeper: A crown once worn by Sindragosa herself, this head-slot transmog radiates with the magical energies of the blue dragonflight.
  • Timewalker’s Hearthstone Effect
  • 30 Days of game time
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item*)

Whether you’re just returning to World of Warcraft or inviting a friend along, the Complete Collection can help you get right into the action.

Complete Collection – Heroic Edition
  • Every base expansion to date.
  • Shadowlands Heroic Edition, including Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount (grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set.)
  • The complete Dragonflight experience.
  • Two Character Boosts (Shadowlands Character Boost to Level 50 and Dragonflight Character Boost to level 60)
  • 30 Days of Game time
  • Tangled Dreamweaver flying mount
  • Murkastrasza pet
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item*)

Complete Collection – Epic Edition
  • Every base expansion to date.
  • Shadowlands Heroic Edition, including Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount (grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set.)
  • The expansive Dragonflight experience.
  • Two Character Boosts (Shadowlands Character Boost to Level 50 and Dragonflight Character Boost to level 60)
  • A total of 60 Days of Game time
  • Tangled Dreamweaver flying mount
  • Murkastrasza pet
  • Wings of Awakening (back-slot with 5 color variants)
  • Diadem of the Spell-Keeper: A crown once worn by Sindragosa herself, this head-slot transmog radiates with the magical energies of the blue dragonflight.
  • Timewalker’s Hearthstone Effect
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item*)

All bonuses from the Heroic and Epic Editions are unlocked immediately upon pre-purchase. All new race & class, the Dracthyr Evoker available at or before launch.

Dragonflight Expansion Features
  • Discover the Dragon Isles—Journey to the new level cap of 70 and explore the primordial wonder and ancient secrets of the Dragon Isles across four new zones: the roiling Waking Shores; the vast Ohn’ahran Plains; the stark Azure Span; and ancient, majestic Thaldraszus.
  • New Race/Class Combo— Menace your foes (or empower your allies) as a Dracthyr Evoker, WoW’s first ever race/class combo. Design both humanoid and draconic forms, pick between the Alliance and Horde, and venture forth as a healer (Preservation specialization) or ranged damage-dealer (Devastation specialization) that harnesses the collective might of all dragonkind.
  • Soar Through the SkiesDragonriding, an all-new method of aerial movement, allows you to take to the skies atop a Dragon Isles Drake, which you will befriend in each of the four new zones as you level up. Customize your drakes as you progress, collecting more appearance options and unlocking new abilities that will enable them to fly farther and faster.
  • New Talent System—With this overhaul, you’ll be able to make creative and flavorful talent choices at every level without compromising your effectiveness.
  • New Profession System Updates—Crafters rejoice! We’re introducing player-driven work orders, new profession equipment, an all-new specialization system, and more to help you become the artisan renowned through the realm.
  • New Hud UIGet ready for a fully updated and customizable Heads Up Display (HUD) User Interface (UI) that’s been created with contemporary displays in mind, designed to be effective, attractive, and accessible.

Pre-purchase World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight or the Complete Collection now to unlock a trove of items to aid you in your coming adventures.

Get the Dragonflight Collector’s Edition
Prepare to step into the Dragon Isles with this limited-edition Epic Edition Collector’s Set, featuring a trove of rare and wondrous items to aid you on your journey into a new land.



  • Dragonflight Five-Pin Collector’s Set: Add iconic representations of Azeroth’s five primary dragonflights to your pin collection–red, green, black, blue, and bronze.
  • Art of Dragonflight- Hardback Art Book: Explore the visual development of the Dragon Isles, a remote realm of Azeroth that has remained hidden since the Great Sundering 10,000 years ago.
  • Alexstrasza Mousepad: Emblazoned with the powerful visage of the Life-Binder herself, standing proud in both her dragon and high elf forms.

Epic In-Game Content
  • Drakks pet (as a pre-purchase bonus item) and Murkastrasza pet: Explore the Dragon Isles alongside your diminutive, new draconic companions.
  • Tangled Dreamweaver mount: Take wing with the Tangled Dreamweaver as you soar across the Dragon Isles and beyond.
  • Wings of Awakened: A back-slot transmog, which includes 5 color variants, one for each of the major Dragonflights.
  • Diadem of the Spell-Keeper: A back-slot transmog, which includes 5 color variants, one for each of the major Dragonflights.
  • Timewalker’s Hearthstone Effect: Ride the sands of time back to an inn you’ve previously visited with this unique cosmetic effect for your Hearthstone.


World of Warcraft: Dragonflight PC/Mac Game Key
You’ll also receive an Epic Edition digital key to unlock the full version of Dragonflight and 30 days of game time. The Dragonflight Collector’s Edition is available to pre-order now on the Blizzard Gear Store now.

Upgrading From Base Edition, Heroic Edition, or Epic Edition to Collector's Edition
If you’ve purchased a digital copy of Dragonflight from our in-game shop or Blizzard shop, and want to upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance—as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before 11:59 p.m. PDT on December 31, 2023. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, the credit will automatically kick in based on the original transaction on your account.

Remember, you will need to enter the Collector’s Edition key before 11:59 p.m. PST on December 31, 2023, as automatic Blizzard Balance credits will be turned off at that time.

Please note, if you originally bought a lower-priced edition and then upgraded to a higher-priced edition, you will be credited based on the original purchase only. Here are the specific scenarios:

Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you originally bought the Epic Edition of Dragonflight and pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance credit will be for the price you paid for the Epic Edition.

Heroic Edition > Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Heroic Edition, upgraded to the Epic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Dragonflight, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Heroic Edition.

Heroic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you originally bought the Heroic Edition of Dragonflight and pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the Heroic Edition.

Base Edition > Heroic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Base Edition, upgraded to the Heroic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Dragonflight, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

Base Edition > Heroic Edition > Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Base Edition, upgraded to the Heroic Edition and then the Epic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Dragonflight, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight™ will be available on or before December 31, 2022. To learn more, visit the expansion’s official website at https://dragonflight.blizzard.com.

*Drakks pet as a pre-purchase bonus item offer ends with the launch of Dragonflight.

**In-game items and Character Boost not available in World of Warcraft® Classic.

Dragonflight Collector’s Edition Codes and Upgrades
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve seen a number of questions from players regarding the physical Collector’s Edition, which recently went on sale, and how they might be able to use the game code as a part of their purchase.

As there is no digital delivery of the code ahead of receipt of the physical box, there are two scenarios in play.
Players who aren’t concerned about getting access to any advance content or their digital items ahead of receipt of their Collector’s Edition box, can wait for it to be delivered to their shipping address. Once received, the game code can be found in the box and can be applied to the account they would like to upgrade to the Epic Edition of Dragonflight.

For those who would like to enjoy any advance content or their digital items before they receive the physical Collector’s Edition, they can purchase one of the digital options available and upgrade their account to Dragonflight immediately. After the Collector’s Edition is received, the code received in the box can be applied to the account they would like to upgrade to the Epic Edition of Dragonflight. Doing so will result in an automatic credit of Battle.net Balance to the associated account in the amount of the cost of the original digital purchase.

Learn more in our sale article here.
This article was originally published in forum thread: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Releases This Year - Pre-Orders Now Available started by Lumy View original post
Comments 388 Comments
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    In each of these cases they've also shown little about the story, the content etc. but instead talked a lot about those systems they were implementing. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if alpha launched very soon and all of the content gets unlocked within the next month or two.
    Also note that at Blizzcon they would have a playable demo, which was how they were "showing what they have so far". There was no Blizzcon this time, so there was no playable demo.
  1. Swnem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Everyone is upset its "rushed" with zero evidence to that, yet no one bats an eye at the fact they're raising the price $10 and giving less than any other expansion ever?
    Yup. I noticed that too.
  1. Cayde69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    they have shown next to nothing, but you are making grand declarations as facts anyway?

    1. You have no clue where they are in development.

    2. he reveal is usually done in November the year before the release at BLizzcon. The announcement was 5 months after that since they did not have a Blizzcon. So they should be 5 months further along than they normally are
    .
    3. They usually show off what they have with the playable demo, not during the announcement itself. Since there was no Blizzcon, there was zero reason to have a playable demo.

    4.And this goes back to #1, your either or proposition is not guaranteed. You can every easily have the 3rd option which is a release like the others.

    5. There is not set rule for how long Alpha and beta last. YOu can easily have a short alpha and go right into beta. It is all one big testing process and the terms are basically to represent where they are in testing. A 6 month testing process is 6 months whether alpha is 1 month and beta 5 months, or alpha is 3 months and beta is 6 months. It is all fluid.

    You don't have any answers, so stop acting like you have all of them.
    Okay clearly, I don’t have any answers. I’m telling you what I think. If you believe I was making a conclusion set in stone then you may need to work on your critical thinking skills.

    Based on how blizzard handles expansions, through the examples I just gave, this is the conclusion I came to. I was saying this because people are all acting like they could be light years ahead of schedule or way ahead of where we think they are, and I listed reasons why this wouldn’t make any sense considering how blizzard normally handles expansions.

    If you want to believe blizzard is doing an unprecedented move of just randomly keeping quiet about everything involved in the expansion, you go right ahead.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Okay clearly, I don’t have any answers. I’m telling you what I think. If you believe I was making a conclusion set in stone then you may need to work on your critical thinking skills.

    Based on how blizzard handles expansions, through the examples I just gave, this is the conclusion I came to. I was saying this because people are all acting like they could be light years ahead of schedule or way ahead of where we think they are, and I listed reasons why this wouldn’t make any sense considering how blizzard normally handles expansions.

    If you want to believe blizzard is doing an unprecedented move of just randomly keeping quiet about everything involved in the expansion, you go right ahead.
    Please, you were literally talking down to people who think the expansion is far along,implied they were wrong and then staed how things really are. ANd now you just did it again. You are literally implying that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong,

    These are different times. As I stated before, there was no BLizzcon and therefore they could not have a palyable demo to "show you what they have so far". I also told you, which you ignored, the fact that they normally announce these things at Blizzcon in November, which did not happen this time. Until alpha starts, all yuo got was the playable demo and the announcement.

    The people who think they are far ahead on development have an opinion that is just as valid as yours. Stop acting like theirs does not count and that only yours does.
  1. AlmightyGerkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    It was wc3 and I’m not saying it isn’t blizzards fault but that was just a scuffed project all around, I don’t even think they made it.
    True but we've also seen the end result of rushed expansions and when people were moved around and the result was WoD but did yield Legion which was a far better improvement than its predecessor. 6months for expected release date and no alpha or beta yet. Doesn't give me a happy feeling.
  1. Relm13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Ok but, why did they cover Alexstraza's belly?
    Because Blizzard got Woke. Can't show skin now. Hell I couldn't make a guild called "Black Dragonflight". All because of the word black???? how is a color, sorry shade offensive. White or green dragonflight was not a problem.

    Mob rules. very sad.
  1. Cayde69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Please, you were literally talking down to people who think the expansion is far along,implied they were wrong and then staed how things really are. ANd now you just did it again. You are literally implying that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong,

    These are different times. As I stated before, there was no BLizzcon and therefore they could not have a palyable demo to "show you what they have so far". I also told you, which you ignored, the fact that they normally announce these things at Blizzcon in November, which did not happen this time. Until alpha starts, all yuo got was the playable demo and the announcement.

    The people who think they are far ahead on development have an opinion that is just as valid as yours. Stop acting like theirs does not count and that only yours does.
    Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude
  1. Traveler Voltin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude
    You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
    They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.
  1. Lorgran's Avatar
    Fuck, another rushed expansion... I had hopes for this one, but why bother anymore!
  1. panda040's Avatar


    /10 char
  1. saixilein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while
    How can you say that? We dont even know of much Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Arenas etc we are getting. Its the smallest Addon compared to features noone asked for and that were annoying mendatory (Thorgast) or just boring (Warfronts, Island Expiditions).

    i rather take an Addon without these "Features" to get more Dungeons, Raids and Bosses.

    Beside that we dont know how large are the Zones, how the outworld content will be and most imporatnt: How far they are in Development. With the Lack of something like thorgast, warfronts, azerit, artifact power etc they can development much faster for sure.
  1. Cayde69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.
    Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

    If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

    That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.

    They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.
    I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

    “BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”
  1. Cosmic Janitor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    Seeing the rabid fanboys here lap it up either way kinda gives the impression they know their remaining audience rather well tbh...
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

    If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

    That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.



    I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

    “BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”
    Since all you are going to do is insult people, call me names, and continue to be immature while refusing to act like an adult, we are done here.
  1. Cayde69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SIn e all youa re going to do is insult people, call me names and continue to arrogantly declare yourself correct, we are done here.
    There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

    Great contribution
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

    Great contribution
    Says the guy who is calling names, making personal attacks, and insulting people.

    I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
  1. Cayde69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

    I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
    The fact that you think this is something worth mentioning like you had to have someone “admit” that to you, proves your intelligence.
  1. mgvsquared's Avatar
    Lol, to the people saying this expansion is barebones: you clearly have a short memory or weren't playing when Cataclysm was released.
  1. RobertMugabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    And for legion it took ~6 months of alpha testing to enter the beta testing. Just because they have the assets and the world finished doesn’t mean it’s ‘finished’ shit needs tested.
    The real testers are and always have been their own paid employees. That's been the case forever and not just at Blizzard, but everywhere in the industry. You're totally overestimating the impact of what the playerbase contributes.

    Also I wouldn’t be ‘aiming’ for a BFA release. That’s not something you should be aiming for at all. BfA was rushed too and they completely ignored any and all issues the systems had during beta. If dragonflight ends up like BfA then it IS rushed and that’s not a good thing.
    And yet the BfA public testing phase was longer than Legion's. Adding to that, iirc the entire Azerite system was put up for testing in BfA's beta just weeks before the release. Other than that, BfA's content itself wasn't rushed at all. Considering it released with 2 continents and a total of 6 leveling zones, warfronts, island expeditions, a raid and plenty of dungeons with little to no bugs, it was easily the largest release since Cata.

    With Dragonflight we can be pretty sure that we'll see the new talent system right away and endgame "systems" like tier sets in a few weeks after. Considering that we should see a longer testing period of what we got in BfA and SL for endgame gameplay stuff.

    All in all, I could be wrong and the current alpha could be in a very unfinished state right now, but we can't tell for sure either way and what you're saying is likewise just speculation or a very uneducated guess at best.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Also note that at Blizzcon they would have a playable demo, which was how they were "showing what they have so far". There was no Blizzcon this time, so there was no playable demo.
    Yeah I forgot about that completely. Also, A MASSIVE AMOUNT of information we got for the next expansions came from their Q&A sessions too, which we also just couldn't have this time around.

Site Navigation