Bolster Your Allies with the Augmentation Evoker Specialization

In Development: Fractures in Time
Blizzard has updated their roadmap with more details! You can see the previous roadmap here.

  • Patch 10.1.5 will be named Fractures in Time
  • Dawn of the Infinite - Eight boss Mythic-only Mega-Dungeon
  • Augmentation Evoker Spec - DPS that is focused on buffing nearby allies
  • Time Rifts Public Event
  • Whelp Daycare quest line and new Daily Quests
  • Dragonriding Kalimdor Grand Prix
  • Warlock Updates - New Races: Night Elves, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Pandaren, Kul Tiran, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Mag’har Orcs, and Zandalari Trolls and pet customizations


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
While adventurers breach Neltharion’s secret laboratory in Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible, the next content update is making its way onto the PTR, including a whole new specialization for dracthyr Evokers, a new mega-dungeon—Dawn of the Infinite—and much more.




New Evoker Specialization: Augmentation


Emberthal and Ebyssian are working together to release the Black dragonflight essence that had been siphoned from the dracthyr during their long stasis, unlocking memories and powers forgotten to them. All Evokers can now choose to explore Azeroth as a new specialization: Augmentation. Read more about this new specialization in our preview article.



New Mega-Dungeon Dawn of the Infinite


The Infinite Dragonflight, long-standing enemies of the Bronze dragonflight, have worked hard to see their ultimate goal of triggering the transformation of Nozdormu, the Aspect of Time, into Murazond. This eight-boss Mythic-only mega-dungeon will take players across the timeways to stop the Infinite Dragonflight from succeeding. You’ll face Iridikron and Galakrond, among others, as you work to sustain Azeroth’s timeline and put things to rights once more.



Unravel the Time Streams

Join Together for Time Rifts

The time streams have become a bit more unstable with recent events and as the boundaries between the timelines weaken, minions from other timelines have begun making their way into Azeroth. Players will join together to take on Time Rifts, push back against the waves of minions, and plug the hole to set the timeways straight again.

Eon's Fringe

Undertake new repeatable content in Eon’s Fringe as you work to settle the timeways and solve the problems brought about by their instability while reaping the rewards of a job well done.



Whelp Daycare


The dragons have more eggs than they can handle, so they've called in the crew at the Little Scales Daycare to help. The crew quickly finds itself overwhelmed and so has asked for a little help from their friends—you. You’ll guide five dragon whelps as they grow and learn about the dragon flights, earn Renown, and more.



The Warlock Class Expands to New Races

In the Fractures in Time content update, the Warlock class will become available to Night Elves, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Pandaren, Kul Tiran, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Mag’har Orcs, and Zandalari Trolls.

Warlocks will also be able to undertake a new quest line starting with the quest "Beginning Impositions,” which will unlock a new imp pet customization. Players will also be able to visit the Barbershop to customize their pets.



Class Talent Updates

More class balance and tuning is coming for mages, rogues, Holy Paladins, and more.



The Fractures in Time content update will be making its way to the PTR soon. Keep an eye on the official forums for updates and patch notes once the PTR is live.
This article was originally published in forum thread: In Development: Fractures in Time - On the PTR Soon started by chaud View original post
Comments 80 Comments
  1. Biomega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Where does it stop?
    Wherever you negotiate. Slippery-slope arguments don't fly. If they did, you couldn't make ANY changes of ANY kind - because "where does it stop?". More nonsense.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Were players even asking for this?

    If I recall, Blizzard just started opening up class/race comboes on a whim, and made statements about wanting to do this to all classes eventually. I haven't really heard any demand for all race/class comboes otherwise.
    Yes people have been asking for this. Blizzard doesn't do something like this out of thin air.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Wherever you negotiate. Slippery-slope arguments don't fly. If they did, you couldn't make ANY changes of ANY kind - because "where does it stop?". More nonsense.
    YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count. Not how things work. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. Blizzard won't stop until everything is homogonized. Makes things far easier for them and less work.
  1. Biomega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count.
    My point is you haven't BROUGHT an argument. I'm fine with actual points - but "where does it stop?" is not a point, because it applies to ANY change, and clearly you don't think ANY change whatsoever is problematic. And your earlier "point" wasn't an argument either, because they clearly aren't homogenizing EVERYTHING.

    So feel free to bring actual arguments and then we can discuss those, but "where does it stop?" just isn't one. It's an empty, vapid sound bite.
  1. Relapses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count. Not how things work. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. Blizzard won't stop until everything is homogonized. Makes things far easier for them and less work.
    Brother, "homogenizing lore" is about as far down on the list of things players give the faintest fuck about as something can get. For 99% of the player base, the ability to play a race/class combo goes about as far as going to character creation screen, thinking to themselves "dang wish I could be {x race/class} combo" finding out they can't then rerolling to something they can be. This isn't a major change. @Biomega's right. This'll be fine. Relax.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Biomega;54116239]My point is you haven't BROUGHT an argument. I'm fine with actual points - but "where does it stop?" is not a point, because it applies to ANY change, and clearly you don't think ANY change whatsoever is problematic. And your earlier "point" wasn't an argument either, because they clearly aren't homogenizing EVERYTHING.

    So feel freeAll you are doing is saying "nope, I am right and you are wrong because I say so:". My arguments are arguments. You don't just get toi declare "that 's not an argument". That is simply trolling.

    Since you are trolling. We are done here. Not going to endulge your Blizzard white knighting anymore.
  1. Triceron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yes people have been asking for this. Blizzard doesn't do something like this out of thin air.
    Sure they do.

    Literally no one asked for Mechagnomes or Highmountain or Lightforged to be playable, but they went ahead to make it happen.

    There was more talk about Ogres and Vrykul and Hozen as playable races, nothing of Highmountain or Mechagnomes.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure they do.

    Literally no one asked for Mechagnomes or Highmountain or Lightforged to be playable, but they went ahead to make it happen.

    There was more talk about Ogres and Vrykul and Hozen as playable races, nothing of Highmountain or Mechagnomes.
    Whatl. I have seen those asked for on the official threads. Blizzard doesn't come up with these out of thin air. There may be more talk about the others, but there was talk about these.
  1. Triceron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Whatl. I have seen those asked for on the official threads. Blizzard doesn't come up with these out of thin air. There may be more talk about the others, but there was talk about these.
    There's more talk about the others so where are they?

    Guess Blizzard is ignoring the fanbase after all.
  1. Biomega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So feel freeAll you are doing is saying "nope, I am right and you are wrong because I say so:". My arguments are arguments. You don't just get toi declare "that 's not an argument". That is simply trolling.
    Which is why I didn't do that. I EXPLAINED to you why "where does it stop?" can't be an argument - because it applies indiscriminately against any change of any kind, and that very clearly isn't what you meant. It's not sound in structure or logic, hence it can't be an argument by definition of the word.

    I get that you don't LIKE this, because it appears you have no other point. But that's how arguments work, unfortunately.
  1. Brazenclaw's Avatar
    Bah, was hoping for a tank spec for Evokers instead.
  1. NoiseTank13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazenclaw View Post
    Bah, was hoping for a tank spec for Evokers instead.
    Eh, I suppose. At this point Tanks are just DPS with an emphasis on defensive cooldowns anyways.
  1. Brazenclaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Eh, I suppose. At this point Tanks are just DPS with an emphasis on defensive cooldowns anyways.
    Yea I guess, was hoping for a new interesting take (kinda like this focus on buffing), but they already have enough trouble making the existing tank specs distinct/fun.
  1. NoiseTank13's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm big on support too, but I guess that's too passive these days. Not to mention Blizzard has shown a complete disdain for anything they can't balance with a simple % or exact value in one line.
  1. TheRevenantHero's Avatar
    And Blizzard finally proves once and for all they don't give a flying fuck about consistent lore at all anymore. Warlocks are literally the reason the Eredar split into the draenei and man'ari. So absolutely fucking stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Were players even asking for this?

    If I recall, Blizzard just started opening up class/race comboes on a whim, and made statements about wanting to do this to all classes eventually. I haven't really heard any demand for all race/class comboes otherwise.
    Players have been asking for warlocks on races like draenei for YEARS. Blizzard kept rejecting it because draenei warlocks make no fucking sense from a lore perspective. But now that Blizzard doesn't care about crafting a good story, of course warlocks can be every race. Because fuck lore consistency, I guess.
  1. czarek's Avatar
    So Fractures in time are 10.1.3 ?
  1. Lolites's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even so, Forsaken warlock was used as one of the marquee class/race combos in their first two cinematics
    wait, its been a while since last i seen it, but there was forsaken warlock in vanila cinematic?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    You realize the very first cinematic WoW trailer featured a Forsaken warlock summoning an infernal to fight a Human mage, right?
    isnt that forsaken priest being attacked by infernal? i always thought that, since pre forsaken holds prayer beads
  1. AmazonDruid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    The only thing stopping blizzard for making all races be all classes at this point is they don't wanna make new Druid forms/Shaman totem models
    Exactly, their're too lazy to update fugly NELF, Tauren, and Worgen druid skins to be on par with kil tirans. Druid skins is the opnly thing that we see when we play them, they should make it always updated. ALWAYS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Alright! Draenei warlocks! Let's hope that comes with Sargerai style customizations...

    "Pet customizations" sounds intriguing as well.
    I always wanted to play a Red Skin Draenei destro warlock with fel colored fire to roleplay as an Eredar.

    TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. I don't play wow since Azerite Gear
  1. Cosmic Janitor's Avatar
    Not impressed with warlocks for all races. It's like giving rogues, mages or warriors to every race. There is nothing racially unique here. I would applaud them if they finally made a horde druid that actually can display boots and gloves; until then /golfclap.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Players have been asking for warlocks on races like draenei for YEARS. Blizzard kept rejecting it because draenei warlocks make no fucking sense from a lore perspective. But now that Blizzard doesn't care about crafting a good story, of course warlocks can be every race. Because fuck lore consistency, I guess.
    The whole lore argument has always been bullshit to begin with. A racial identity is not decided in the cellar of a back alley inn. Just because there are some practioners of a certain craft in a population doesn't mean it makes any less sense than Velen sucking my warlock's balls when I save his old ass. If anything, going against the tradion of a race makes for way more interesting RP, and either way, none of it will ever be reflected ingame because the game can't deal with the player's (non-)existence in the story to begin with.
  1. Lolites's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. I don't play wow since Azerite Gear
    what a shame, im sure they will weep about it, as they made those changes solely for you! /s
  1. Starscream101's Avatar
    They cant even balance the game around power word infusion. I remember them nerfing locks because of a priest skill and now they think they will balance around the Evoker. Its going to be a shit show of a spec .

Site Navigation