Embers of Fyr'alath Empowered - February 20, 2024
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Many aspects of Dragonflight have reflected a shift in philosophy towards designs that allow us to enjoy reaching a point where we feel “done” with a character’s power progression. Legendaries returned as an exception to this. Legendaries are intended to be a special reward that some players would aspire to obtain over the course of a season, demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content.

As Season 3 has unfolded, we’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players who have been clearing Amirdrassil weekly on Heroic difficulty with no Fyr’alath in sight, and we want to give those players a surer path to achieving their goal.

Earlier today, with a hotfix that is now live, we significantly increased the effect of all Embers of Fyr’alath for players who receive them. This increase is retroactive and applies to all players whether or not you’ve consumed any Embers you may have.

As always, thank you for your feedback!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Embers of Fyr'alath Empowered - February 20, 2024 started by Lumy View original post
Comments 59 Comments
  1. Luthorite's Avatar
    "We've increasingly heard feedback" yet took 3 months to fix it...

    Yeah sure.

    Or you know given the amount of time, effort and gold these legendaries take from the base mat just give that a high drop rate instead? I shouldn't have gotten the Evoker one which is useless now because the Fyrakk 1h is better two weeks ago. It should have dropped when I was farming it relentlessly in 10.1...

    Every iteration of Legendary since Legion has been boring, unfun or an RNG shitshow. It shouldn't have taken till the end of Legion to put targetted ones in, no legendary should be mandatory to fight a raid boss (Cape in BFA), Shadowlands the less said the better and Dragonflight is just an RNG fuelled shitshow.
  1. Mendzia's Avatar


    We back to Legion probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    "We've increasingly heard feedback" yet took 3 months to fix it...

    Yeah sure.

    Or you know given the amount of time, effort and gold these legendaries take from the base mat just give that a high drop rate instead? I shouldn't have gotten the Evoker one which is useless now because the Fyrakk 1h is better two weeks ago. It should have dropped when I was farming it relentlessly in 10.1...

    Every iteration of Legendary since Legion has been boring, unfun or an RNG shitshow. It shouldn't have taken till the end of Legion to put targetted ones in, no legendary should be mandatory to fight a raid boss (Cape in BFA), Shadowlands the less said the better and Dragonflight is just an RNG fuelled shitshow.
    Another example of their artificial, hamster wheel 'content' that is here only to waste players time and now they suddenly 'hear your feedback' after months of ignoring it.
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    "its not special when everyone gets a legendary!"

    "i cant get a legendary this sucks!"

    pick one
  1. Luthorite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post


    We back to Legion probably.



    Another example of their artificial, hamster wheel 'content' that is here only to waste players time and now they suddenly 'hear your feedback' after months of ignoring it.
    Honestly if you had WoD but accelerated the catchup on alts that'd be the best iteration imo. One single item you work on over the expansion. No relics to insert into it just an OP ring at the end.

    Plenty of other games have no problem with this kind of legendary system or get few complaints out of it.
  1. LordVargK's Avatar
    I still find the MOP model of aquiring legendaries the best. Okay, actually the cata/wotlk one, but that's not feasable for modern WoW.

    Just give players a weekly goal to work towards. Maybe randomize it somewhat, if you don't want all players to get their legendary at once. But this purely random drop ist just lame. Yes, it's more addictive, but it's also frustrating and clearly the intent of Blizzard is for everyone to get it, hence this bluepost.
  1. panda040's Avatar
    Rememeber when legendaries were legendary? This is not a legendary is a purple with extra effects
  1. Zmagoslav's Avatar
    RNG is RNG... even at a higher chance i'm pretty sure my rolls will still be shit.

    Wouldn't be so much of a pain... if the specs wouldn't be balanced around having the legendary.
    I just hope the "fated" mechanics for DF will allow to raise it's ilvl to the max without mythics raids... making it somewhat useable for me once i finally get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    "its not special when everyone gets a legendary!"

    "i cant get a legendary this sucks!"

    pick one
    My pick:
    Make it super-rare or even overpowered... but leave class balance out of it. :P
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Rememeber when legendaries were legendary? This is not a legendary is a purple with extra effects




    these sure look like purples with extra effects to me
  1. Azadina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post

    these sure look like purples with extra effects to me
    What did you have for drink? Thunderfury, the one legendary that stayed content relevant the longest, is what you quote as "purple with extra effects"?
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    "its not special when everyone gets a legendary!"

    "i cant get a legendary this sucks!"

    pick one
    They will only pick the one currently not being used by Blizzard to secure their abilities to bitch and moan on a regular basis on a fansite.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Rememeber when legendaries were legendary? This is not a legendary is a purple with extra effects
    BACK IN MY DAY!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    What did you have for drink? Thunderfury, the one legendary that stayed content relevant the longest, is what you quote as "purple with extra effects"?
    Yeah because gear and stat allocation on gear was garbage af back then. Also it was the 'added affect' only that made people use it as long as they did. If the effect wasn't there it would have just been another purple long forgotten.
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    What did you have for drink? Thunderfury, the one legendary that stayed content relevant the longest, is what you quote as "purple with extra effects"?
    yeah im arguing against the point that its just a purple with an extra effect. If the person i replied to wants to boil it down to that, then such a statement would apply to every legendary, as you so astutely pointed out

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Yeah because gear and stat allocation on gear was garbage af back then. Also it was the 'added affect' only that made people use it as long as they did. If the effect wasn't there it would have just been another purple long forgotten.
    yeah also this, only reason items felt special is because the majority of them sucked in vanilla so it was a rarity to find something good
  1. Azadina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    yeah im arguing against the point that its just a purple with an extra effect. If the person i replied to wants to boil it down to that, then such a statement would apply to every legendary, as you so astutely pointed out
    I mean, it kind of does to Sulfuras, which was junk right off the bat. Didn't really survive much of any content.
  1. Pratt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    "We've increasingly heard feedback" ....
    It's pretty much a meme at this point.
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    It's pretty much a meme at this point.
    Because there was only ever one instance of feedback to ever hear or react to, in the history of the game, right? Damn some of you are simple
  1. Kiwijello's Avatar
    Content aside, I think it great that they listened to feedback and made changes. Even retro changes at that.
  1. meroes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Yeah because gear and stat allocation on gear was garbage af back then. Also it was the 'added affect' only that made people use it as long as they did. If the effect wasn't there it would have just been another purple long forgotten.
    Mindblown: if it lost its main ability that gave AoE threat when that was lacking, gave magic damage to physical classes, and slowed boss’ attacks it would be worse
  1. Toadyus's Avatar
    "We’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players" = Subs must have been dropping off a cliff...Enable the actual AXE drop!
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyus View Post
    "We’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players" = Subs must have been dropping off a cliff...Enable the actual AXE drop!
    every available metric points to the contrary, im assuming you have evidence that says otherwise? surely you wouldnt just make a baseless claim
  1. Luthorite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I still find the MOP model of aquiring legendaries the best. Okay, actually the cata/wotlk one, but that's not feasable for modern WoW.

    Just give players a weekly goal to work towards. Maybe randomize it somewhat, if you don't want all players to get their legendary at once. But this purely random drop ist just lame. Yes, it's more addictive, but it's also frustrating and clearly the intent of Blizzard is for everyone to get it, hence this bluepost.
    MoP had the problem where certain parts of it became useless. That's never a good feeling.
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meroes View Post
    Mindblown: if it lost its main ability that gave AoE threat when that was lacking, gave magic damage to physical classes, and slowed boss’ attacks it would be worse
    Yeah...that was kind of his point all along lmao. Glad you are caught up

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    MoP had the problem where certain parts of it became useless. That's never a good feeling.
    What does this even mean? iirc all parts of the cloak were basically bis as you upgraded it more and more

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyus View Post
    "We’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players" = Subs must have been dropping off a cliff...Enable the actual AXE drop!
    Pretty sure wow is doing very well these days lol, much better than the prev 5 years or so at least

Site Navigation