This Week in WoW - February 26, 2024
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. Wrap up February’s Trading Post, learn more about Hero Talents, and more this week.



WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29


Survival is the name of the game in Classic Hardcore realms, and while you don’t always have to go it alone, you might just want to. Beginning on February 29 at 3:00 p.m. PDT (22:00 GMT) around the world, you can take the leap into a new adventure in Hardcore with Self-Found. In this mode, you’ll begin from level 1 and will be restricted from sending or receiving mail from other players, buying or selling on the Auction House, or trading in any way (including giving or receiving items or enchantments.)

It will all be up to you and your ability to explore, gather, and create everything you need to survive in Azeroth…all on your own. Learn more from our previously published article.



News and Events This Week

Stay on top of all the upcoming news and in-game activities right here.

  • February 27
    • (Event) Arena Skirmish Bonus Event (February 27 – March 5)
      While this event is active, Arena Skirmishes will award Honor at an increased rate. Will you answer the call to battle?
    • (Event) PvP Brawl: Gravity Lapse (February 27 – March 5)
    • (Article) Get an Early Look at Eight New Hero Talent Trees
    • (Promotion) New Promotion
  • February 28
    • (Article) Green is Good During March’s Trading Post
  • February 29
  • March 1
    • (Article) Blues News
    • (Promotion) New Promotion
    • (Promotion) New Promotion
    • (Event) March Trading Post Begins
  • March 3
This article was originally published in forum thread: This Week in WoW - February 26, 2024 started by Lumy View original post
Comments 19 Comments
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    8 new hero talents, damn
  1. Julmara's Avatar
    oh boy more promotions to possibly buy cant wait to shove more money in blizzards maw
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    oh boy more promotions to possibly buy cant wait to shove more money in blizzards maw
    just dont buy em, let the whales fund the game
  1. Julmara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    just dont buy em, let the whales fund the game
    i wont dont worry
    with all these promotions makes it feel more like a mobile game at times
    quick get this deal before it goes away and the likes
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i wont dont worry
    with all these promotions makes it feel more like a mobile game at times
    quick get this deal before it goes away and the likes
    yeah unfortunately thats like industry standard now. As long as its just cosmetics i dont really care honestly , let the whales go crazy
  1. SinR's Avatar
    Oh damn I have like 3 days to do my trading post stuff on Retail.

    damn you PalWorld for being so much fun
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    8 new hero talents, damn
    How 8 though? If there are 3 per class what is the poss combo here? Druid has 4, DH has 1(?), rest have 3 right?

    LMAO I just realized how fkd over DHs are getting if they only get 1 set of hero talents while everybody else gets 3-4 XD
  1. Sentynel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    How 8 though? If there are 3 per class what is the poss combo here? Druid has 4, DH has 1(?), rest have 3 right?

    LMAO I just realized how fkd over DHs are getting if they only get 1 set of hero talents while everybody else gets 3-4 XD
  1. doledippers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    How 8 though? If there are 3 per class what is the poss combo here? Druid has 4, DH has 1(?), rest have 3 right?

    LMAO I just realized how fkd over DHs are getting if they only get 1 set of hero talents while everybody else gets 3-4 XD
    every other class has iconic shit like dark ranger, shado-pan monk, farseer shaman, etc

    DHs just like "lol green"
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Ah thanks for the layout! So I guess you will be able to choose between the two for either spec or?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    every other class has iconic shit like dark ranger, shado-pan monk, farseer shaman, etc

    DHs just like "lol green"
    I'm really looking forward to the rogue hero talents I'm super full of hopium. All 3 sounds cool, cept maybe for "fatebound" it sounds like one that might be tied to roll the bones lol
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Ah thanks for the layout! So I guess you will be able to choose between the two for either spec or?
    Yes. Can play Havoc as either hero spec, or Veng as either hero spec.
  1. GUZ's Avatar
    Imagine ssf in a mmorpg…
  1. Woggmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the rogue hero talents I'm super full of hopium. All 3 sounds cool, cept maybe for "fatebound" it sounds like one that might be tied to roll the bones lol
    It might be but it has to be something that benefits the other spec, not just specifically Outlaw which Roll the Bones is exclusive to.

    One other possibility I've heard is taking the Roll the Bones concept but turn it into a coin flip ability, essentially making Fatebound more like Two-Face from Batman. Where depending on the flip it can be Heads or Tails with one option giving a heal, and the other is a damage buff... or something else like extra damage.

    Along with an additional talent for Outlaw where they can use Pistol Shot to sacrifice the chance for a buff/heal and use the coin to bounce the bullet at their target, possibly making it a guaranteed crit or giving the rogue extra combo points. (But that's just my idea of how it could go.)
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Imagine ssf in a mmorpg…
    It has been massivly successful on Runescape, and has in the past with ironman, its not a major feature, but nice to have for those who want it. to prove they did everything on their own, no getting carried, no trading.

    - - - Updated - - -

    With 8 more we better see atleast 1 for every class (of course we already have some covered) cause I want feedback for every class to get started. Get it in for each class early, cause I wanna make sure these talents are good if we are gunna be locked to the for cosmetics.

    These can be real amazing, or covenants 2.0, although easy way to avoid that is seperate the visual effects from the actual mechanical effects.
  1. Ereb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It might be but it has to be something that benefits the other spec, not just specifically Outlaw which Roll the Bones is exclusive to.
    That's my fear that it 'extends' RtB mechanics to whichever spec shares the hero talents with it. I admit with the latest tier set RtB isn't that bad, but obv that tier set bonus is about to go away
  1. Woggmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    That's my fear that it 'extends' RtB mechanics to whichever spec shares the hero talents with it. I admit with the latest tier set RtB isn't that bad, but obv that tier set bonus is about to go away
    They won't do that. They'd rather construct an entirely new spell that would replace RtB with a different (yet slightly similar) mechanic (like Oracle with Power Infusion [though now they're reworking it so that it doesn't effect PI at all]).. or make something new entirely from scratch. (Like Lightsmith) ....OR they could bring back a dead forgotten niche ability that Rogues used to have (Like with Black Arrow for Dark Rangers)...

    Either way, they're not gonna regurgitate RtB to the other specs (it'd just be clutter to their rotations)
  1. Otaka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Imagine ssf in a mmorpg…
    Its not SSF tho, its SF... big difference since in SF you can group up freely.
  1. Luthorite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    oh boy more promotions to possibly buy cant wait to shove more money in blizzards maw
    How much we betting ones a FOMO promotion?
  1. Julmara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    How much we betting ones a FOMO promotion?
    at least one of them will be a twitch thing of some rando old thing thats not in the game anymore

Site Navigation