Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard just trademarked "Warlords of Draenor" in New Zealand. It was then registered in Australia shortly after.

  • Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
  • Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

It's also worth mentioning that warlordsofdraenor.com was registered a month ago.

I do realize that we had a lot of fun times with trademarks in the past (*cough* Dark Below *cough*) but let's just say that on a personal level I'm pretty confident about this one. I'll leave the speculation up to you guys until Blizzcon.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 791 Comments
  1. Bl4ckSh33p's Avatar
    Or its the first Hearthstone Addon. Heroes of Warcraft now, Warlords of Draenor (Burning Crusade) as first addon?
  1. mmoc813c9e8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    YES!

    burning legion confirmed!

    fucking YES!
    dude i hope this is fake its the baddest expansion ever burning crusade
  1. Dyminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Burning Crusade was the best period of time in WoW's history. If we head towards more of the same I will be a happy, happy man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    But it was not, vanilla was :/
    Time to get rid of those rose-tinted nostalgia glasses? Vanilla and BC might have been good back then, but a game has to evolve and if they released either vanilla or bc today it would most likely be a total disaster.
  1. Nexsa's Avatar
    Who said it will be outlands? It says warlords of drenor, they could show up in Azeroth or another planet!
  1. Lawri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p View Post
    Or its the first Hearthstone Addon. Heroes of Warcraft now, Warlords of Draenor (Burning Crusade) as first addon?
    They haven't even released Hearthstone yet, so I doubt it.
  1. Yakshamash's Avatar
    I spit and swear on MoP, turned to be great expansion. I'll just keep my mouth shut and wait and see.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Who said it will be outlands? It says warlords of drenor, they could show up in Azeroth or another planet!
    Yeah, if there will be time travel, maybe we'll see 1st and 2nd war.
  1. Cheekun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawri View Post
    They haven't even released Hearthstone yet, so I doubt it.
    However if we treat hearthstone like a true tangible trading card game, and any expansions like booster packs or tins then it makes sense. Booster packs and tins come out much quicker then MMO content patches and expansions. So its definitely a viable theory.
  1. Zebuthecow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I absolutely despise time travelling. I still have hopes that the guy who leaked this was only correct about the name and not the time travel. But that wouldn't make sense story-wise. Guess I'll wait for Blizzcon for further info.

    They better have the character models ready to make up for this.
    The new meme for this expansion will be "time travel is <insert insult here>".

    I for one am super excited about it. The Black Forest has been brought up in MoP and in Lovecraft lore that is space I believe. So I have been looking forward to this for some time.

    This may not even be based on time travel. Time travel may just be a small part of it.

    Give something a chance before you start putting it down.

    If it is a Hearthstone release- it could be tied to the expansion. In fact if they do release a Hearthstone release, it probably will be tied to the expansion.
  1. Lawri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    However if we treat hearthstone like a true tangible trading card game, and any expansions like booster packs or tins then it makes sense. Booster packs and tins come out much quicker then MMO content patches and expansions. So its definitely a viable theory.
    That's true, but still I somehow doubt that this has anything to do with HS.
  1. Cheekun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawri View Post
    That's true, but still I somehow doubt that this has anything to do with HS.
    Actually, i felt the same way until someone brought up HS. "Warlords of Draenor" seems far too specific to be the title of a wow expac. I just can't shake the feeling that we are being tricked, much in the same way of D3's expac title being announced.
  1. Zebuthecow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    I spit and swear on MoP, turned to be great expansion. I'll just keep my mouth shut and wait and see.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, if there will be time travel, maybe we'll see 1st and 2nd war.
    You are good folk if you can admit you made a mistake. Lord knows I have. Humility opened my life up to a lot of enjoyment.
  1. Vxt's Avatar
    I highly doubt the name of the Expansion would be Warlords of Draenor.

    First thing that comes to mind is the fact Draenor does not exists anymore. The Outlands are simply fragmented landscapes leftover from it's destruction. Secondly, when asked about Re-vamping Outlands in one of the Dev Q&A's, they mentioned they have no current plans to do anything with Outland visually or quest-wise. Lore-wise, most of the Warlords who were on Draenor, were members of the Legion and/or the Old Horde. Almost all are either dead, or have retreated back to the Twisting Nether (if they were demons).

    The class level of copyright is also curious, as it is including Tablet and Mobile App gaming applications. As well as the fact they copyright quite a bit of things before BlizzCon just to creat confusion and speculation. However, that guy from 4chan, who was spot on with the Expac name and synopsis for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria has some good track records for accuracy, so at this point, I'd put my money on The Dark Below being correct if I was to speculate.

    The idea of Sargeras attacking Azeroth while the most powerful Old God that him and the rest of the Pantheon was unable to kill millenia ago is still alive and has Azshara at his side, as well as the defection of Maiev from the Night Elves, and the fact in both Cataclysm AND Mists of Pandaria we slowly came into contact with more and more malefic being alligned with N'zoth, makes any Legion xpac not make much sense currently. As Demons are controlled purely by dominance and corruption, it would be pretty dumb to attack a planet containing an Old God who is the embodiment of corruptive magic. Azeroth has too much unfinished business with N'zoth dating back to even the War of the Ancients. With Malfurion back, and almost completely absent from the entire Mists of Pandaria story, I see him playing a major role next expansion facing off against Azshara, who was turned to a Naga from N'zoth after Malfurion basically destroyed her and Xavius back at the Well of Eternity. And seeing since how he did battle with N'zoth and Xavius, the Nightmare Lord while trapped in the Emerald Dream/Nightmare due to Fandral's corruption, I'd say they have a pretty good focal point for that. Also, Wrathion's presence in MOP was refreshing, as his daddy, Deathwing, was corrupted by N'zoth, Yogg, and C'thun. Therefore, I'm sure Wrathion has a bone to pick with the Old God who constructed the corrupting and eventual destruction of his entire flight.

    But we'll see come next week what they have in store.
  1. risingforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    I highly doubt the name of the Expansion would be Warlords of Draenor.

    First thing that comes to mind is the fact Draenor does not exists anymore. The Outlands are simply fragmented landscapes leftover from it's destruction. Secondly, when asked about Re-vamping Outlands in one of the Dev Q&A's, they mentioned they have no current plans to do anything with Outland visually or quest-wise. Lore-wise, most of the Warlords who were on Draenor, were members of the Legion and/or the Old Horde. Almost all are either dead, or have retreated back to the Twisting Nether (if they were demons).

    The class level of copyright is also curious, as it is including Tablet and Mobile App gaming applications. As well as the fact they copyright quite a bit of things before BlizzCon just to creat confusion and speculation. However, that guy from 4chan, who was spot on with the Expac name and synopsis for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria has some good track records for accuracy, so at this point, I'd put my money on The Dark Below being correct if I was to speculate.

    The idea of Sargeras attacking Azeroth while the most powerful Old God that him and the rest of the Pantheon was unable to kill millenia ago is still alive and has Azshara at his side, as well as the defection of Maiev from the Night Elves, and the fact in both Cataclysm AND Mists of Pandaria we slowly came into contact with more and more malefic being alligned with N'zoth, makes any Legion xpac not make much sense currently. As Demons are controlled purely by dominance and corruption, it would be pretty dumb to attack a planet containing an Old God who is the embodiment of corruptive magic. Azeroth has too much unfinished business with N'zoth dating back to even the War of the Ancients. With Malfurion back, and almost completely absent from the entire Mists of Pandaria story, I see him playing a major role next expansion facing off against Azshara, who was turned to a Naga from N'zoth after Malfurion basically destroyed her and Xavius back at the Well of Eternity. And seeing since how he did battle with N'zoth and Xavius, the Nightmare Lord while trapped in the Emerald Dream/Nightmare due to Fandral's corruption, I'd say they have a pretty good focal point for that. Also, Wrathion's presence in MOP was refreshing, as his daddy, Deathwing, was corrupted by N'zoth, Yogg, and C'thun. Therefore, I'm sure Wrathion has a bone to pick with the Old God who constructed the corrupting and eventual destruction of his entire flight.

    But we'll see come next week what they have in store.
    You sir, know your lore!

    Personally I would love to see Sargeras... but surely it has to be the climax -end -of WoW when Sargeras comes. The only thing that could top it, personally, would be WoW2.

    So yes I agree on just about every point, though that said, I do hope Blizzard can surprise us.

    Also, 'Warlords of Draenor' sounds an expansion to Hearthstone if you ask me!
  1. kiruz's Avatar
    could some 1 link that "time travel" thing info? Where it was firstly mentioned?
  1. grexly75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    I highly doubt the name of the Expansion would be Warlords of Draenor.

    First thing that comes to mind is the fact Draenor does not exists anymore. The Outlands are simply fragmented landscapes leftover from it's destruction. Secondly, when asked about Re-vamping Outlands in one of the Dev Q&A's, they mentioned they have no current plans to do anything with Outland visually or quest-wise. Lore-wise, most of the Warlords who were on Draenor, were members of the Legion and/or the Old Horde. Almost all are either dead, or have retreated back to the Twisting Nether (if they were demons).

    The class level of copyright is also curious, as it is including Tablet and Mobile App gaming applications. As well as the fact they copyright quite a bit of things before BlizzCon just to creat confusion and speculation. However, that guy from 4chan, who was spot on with the Expac name and synopsis for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria has some good track records for accuracy, so at this point, I'd put my money on The Dark Below being correct if I was to speculate.

    The idea of Sargeras attacking Azeroth while the most powerful Old God that him and the rest of the Pantheon was unable to kill millenia ago is still alive and has Azshara at his side, as well as the defection of Maiev from the Night Elves, and the fact in both Cataclysm AND Mists of Pandaria we slowly came into contact with more and more malefic being alligned with N'zoth, makes any Legion xpac not make much sense currently. As Demons are controlled purely by dominance and corruption, it would be pretty dumb to attack a planet containing an Old God who is the embodiment of corruptive magic. Azeroth has too much unfinished business with N'zoth dating back to even the War of the Ancients. With Malfurion back, and almost completely absent from the entire Mists of Pandaria story, I see him playing a major role next expansion facing off against Azshara, who was turned to a Naga from N'zoth after Malfurion basically destroyed her and Xavius back at the Well of Eternity. And seeing since how he did battle with N'zoth and Xavius, the Nightmare Lord while trapped in the Emerald Dream/Nightmare due to Fandral's corruption, I'd say they have a pretty good focal point for that. Also, Wrathion's presence in MOP was refreshing, as his daddy, Deathwing, was corrupted by N'zoth, Yogg, and C'thun. Therefore, I'm sure Wrathion has a bone to pick with the Old God who constructed the corrupting and eventual destruction of his entire flight.

    But we'll see come next week what they have in store.
    But pretty much all of your post is speculation and we will not know what is really coming for the next expac as you said when Blizzcon hits.. but one thing is that part at the start of the legendary questline where Wrathion shows Azeroth being pelted by green meteors and then the world in flames might or might not be a hint.. But at this point we have two possible expac names so far one possibility is Warlords of Draenor the other is The Dark Below, but as before we will have to wait till next week..

    But then again looking at the Class 9 section the last line then yeah it now has me wondering..
  1. pyrostorm9001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgallad View Post
    What came to my mind when I read this: Does Draenor get the same treatment as Krypton or Thundera in the 80s version of Thundercats? (Both planets were destroyed but have been remade in the course of both storylines, iirc)
    I was thinking just that. Safe to assume that most of the Blizzard crew are fans of both story lines too.
  1. Moradim's Avatar
    everyone wants another BC.

    well, there you go.
  1. zhero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectothrix View Post
    Uhhh why are we going back there?
    you aren't going back anywhere based on the title. Warlords of Draenor is a person(s), not a place.
  1. Collected's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    I highly doubt the name of the Expansion would be Warlords of Draenor.
    The person who posted the information on the front page of this site never states things as fact unless it's been confirmed to him by a trusted contact, usually someone at Blizzard EU. So doubt no more.. it's the name of the expansion.
  1. Dnusha's Avatar
    Hell yeah old draenor!!!!orc clans!!!guldan!!hurray!

Site Navigation