Legendary Cloak Quest Last Chance - Black Prince Buff Extended
It looks like you won't need the cloak for Ordos anymore either!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
As your journey takes you from Pandaria to Draenor, we wanted to extend one last opportunity to obtain your Legendary Cloak—and share some important updates related to this iconic item.

Legendary Cloak Changes: Once More unto the Breach
As a part of the transition from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor, we’ll be making some changes to the Legendary Cloak quest line and ultimately closing it out as players head into the new expansion. Once the quest is fully closed, the item will no longer be attainable, and the cloak will become a symbol of the great deeds you’ve accomplished in Mists of Pandaria.

With the release of the pre-expansion patch (6.0.2), players who are not already on the journey through this quest line will no longer be able to begin it. We will also be removing the Test of Valor step with patch 6.0.2 as a part of our transition from using Valor as a currency.

Once Warlords of Draenor launches on November 13, the Legendary Cloak quest line will be gone entirely—the quests and the cloak will no longer be obtainable, and any related in-progress quests will be cleared from your log.

But when one door closes, another door opens. In Warlords of Draenor, players will have the opportunity to earn a new Legendary item available exclusively in the new expansion: Khadgar’s Band of the Archmage.

The Gaze of the Black Prince: One Last Look
If you haven’t yet earned your Legendary Cloak, you still have one final opportunity to make accelerated progress on your quest. Rather than end the Gaze of the Black Prince buff on Tuesday, September 16 (as previously announced), the buff will remain active until the release of the Warlords of Draenor pre-patch (6.0.2). This buff increases the reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. It also increases the chance of obtaining items from his foes needed as a part of the Legendary Cloak quest line, including Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, and Titan Runestones.

Good luck on your quest, but remember that your voyage doesn’t end here. Soon, you’ll be setting your sights on the new Legendary item, Khadgar’s Band of the Archmage, in Warlords of Draenor.

Heirloom Vendor Change in Patch 6.0.2
Heirlooms in the Warlords of Draenor beta currently have some gold prices associated with them, but the prices may not be final. You will still be able to get the shields and offhands from the Darkmoon Faire.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Legendary Cloak Quest Last Chance - Black Prince Buff Extended started by chaud View original post
Comments 240 Comments
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Removing content is never good.

    Every challenge has it's moment of glory, you get praised for your achievements if you complete them when it matters, no one cares if random guy #12946 beats tonight heroic lich king for the first time, what people cared about was the first kills some years ago. But our dear random guy will have fun killing it, he knows its not a big achievement, but he will enjoy it.

    With legendaries or almost any other aspect of the game this works the same way. There is a cool item, some cool lore, some cool title, mount, pet... whatever, that is no longer relevant, people know already that it doesn't have a lot of value at this point, but is always nice to have the chance to play that content, to live that content, it helps to build up your character, because even if my paladin was created during TBC she will always be the proud owner of Thunderfury, i don't care if i didn't obtain it when it was relevant, all i care about is the fun i had obtaining it.
    Thing is tho, when it's a highly recognizable visual like the CM sets or unique looking legendaries, they feel just that much more special when they aren't held by just anyone. I think it's a good thing that people who actually managed to get them in time can have something recognizable in the time to come after the challenges are no longer available. With the cloak it's not -that- special since it's fairly easy to get over time, but it should still apply imho.

    I would love it if I ever saw someone in Stormwind with the cataclysm staff and thought "wow, that guy did something awesome", instead it's pretty much just "meh, probably just outleveled it".
  1. Geckoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thing is tho, when it's a highly recognizable visual like the CM sets or unique looking legendaries, they feel just that much more special when they aren't held by just anyone. I think it's a good thing that people who actually managed to get them in time can have something recognizable in the time to come after the challenges are no longer available. With the cloak it's not -that- special since it's fairly easy to get over time, but it should still apply imho.

    I would love it if I ever saw someone in Stormwind with the cataclysm staff and thought "wow, that guy did something awesome", instead it's pretty much just "meh, probably just outleveled it".
    Even if it's higly recognizable... the cool moment to wear that awesome paladin set was during MoP. I can't tell the amount of challenge runs we sold just by having our paladin standing all shiny with his set in the middle of the shrine he was the ad-guy.

    Those challenge sets will feel less and less special as we get further into new content, some day they'll release a new cool set and with time the awesome mop challenge mode set will just be a transmog option for a few players, no one will care about the effort to get it, no one will ask if the guy with the set paid for it or worked for it. All you'll have is an irrelevant part of the game blocked for many players. One day a new player (assuming we get new players ) will ask how to get it and when he learns that he can't get it... the reaction won't be 'wow, that's awesome!'... the reaction will be 'that sucks'.

    All i'm saying is that exclusivity can't last forever.
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    If it's irrelevant as you say, then there's no real problem in letting the content go. And since as you say, there will be new cool sets etc and that these will just be an option, then again there is no real problem here, they can just work towards that one instead then, right? The only thing I hear in the complaints lately is people don't want to work for it when they are available, and are now pissed off they can't steamroll it later on, degrading the achievement of those who actually got it when it was hard.

    And i'm not talking about me here, let that be said. My only "prestige" item is the cloak, and like I said that one's not really that special. And quite frankly, those who work to get 100k to buy a boost run, they've worked for it as well in my eyes.
  1. StoNe220022's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I don't really understand this?
    I didn't expect you would. I'm just explaining as to why I un-subbed...obviously not your problem
  1. Bigcountry11782's Avatar
    People have had 2 years to start this quest line and over a year to actually get the legendary cloak if you haven't done it yet TO BAD!
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    People have had 2 years to start this quest line and over a year to actually get the legendary cloak if you haven't done it yet TO BAD!
    <SARCASM>
    Absolutely true! So please also remove all opportunities for people to enter lower level raids for transmog too please. They had plenty of time to get these items while the content was relevant and its far too late to be able to get it now. If you didn't play during BC and you want the warglaves or phoenix mount... too bad.. you should have got them when it was current.
    </SARCASM>
  1. Geckoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If it's irrelevant as you say, then there's no real problem in letting the content go.
    It works both ways, if it's irrelevant then there's no real reason to remove it. The difference is that by keeping it, any player can return at any given time and get something cool to use however they want, maybe becuse they leveled up a new toon and would like to use that set, maybe because they didn't play during mop. But removing it will only cause that content to be gone forever and slowly forgotten, that's a shame for such a good sets.

    And just talking about the cloak, it's even funny because harder legendaries that required way more effort and even help from your guild mates have been aviable for years and will still be aviable, but they decided to give the 'exclusive' treatment to the welfare legendary that everybody can get just by raiding in any difficulty with exactly the same effort.
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thing is tho, when it's a highly recognizable visual like the CM sets or unique looking legendaries, they feel just that much more special when they aren't held by just anyone. I think it's a good thing that people who actually managed to get them in time can have something recognizable in the time to come after the challenges are no longer available. With the cloak it's not -that- special since it's fairly easy to get over time, but it should still apply imho.

    I would love it if I ever saw someone in Stormwind with the cataclysm staff and thought "wow, that guy did something awesome", instead it's pretty much just "meh, probably just outleveled it".
    this is utter complete bs - there is milion of sets much nicer then cm sets - they were never distingusihing - its what sad pathetic nolifers tell themselves - blizzard take the route of pleasing such pathetic cretures - ok for me but im also super happy they will loose another milion or 2 subs over this stupid like hell changes -

    they are removing almost everything which they put in into mop making the question why the fuck they bother to put it in there in first place if they remove it - stupid decision which will hurt the game overall.

    and but the comment about overleving it - u just flipped a finger to thousands of people who daily farm old raid mounts - lets remove them all cause why not since we removing 3/4 of mop content - hell lets remove everything and let people only play WoD while starting on lv 90 cause why the hell not
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    [QUOTE=kamuimac;29537691]this is utter complete bs - there is milion of sets much nicer then cm sets /QUOTE]

    Read this then stopped, tend not to discuss with people who brand stuff as bs because their personal opinion differs from others.
  1. Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Getting sick to death of blizz deleting content all the time just because it seems irrelevant,if that was the case most of vanilla would get deleted too,i only got the dps version but wanted to see the quest line on other toons and a horde at least,i think me changing my mind about cancelling my account might get changed back again...
  1. Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Are they saying that we won't be able to buy Heirloom for Justice at this moment (cba to login to check) or after patch. Since I suck at getting gold so I rather farm some Justice to get them before patch.
  1. TheSweetness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Are they saying that we won't be able to buy Heirloom for Justice at this moment (cba to login to check) or after patch. Since I suck at getting gold so I rather farm some Justice to get them before patch.
    As of right now, the Heirloom Justice vendor is still standing in SW.
  1. Vargur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    It was easy, no matter what kind of player you were.

    The point was that there's barely any reason at all to make this a "limited legendary" other than hoping some "scrubs" as you call them would resub and finish it before MoP.

    Well there's casual grinding, and then there's haulass GRINDING, which I call "hard", because it was very time consuming.
  1. Ferocity's Avatar
    This is far beyond completely insane decision. Not a single legendary (except unintended neck) was ever removed from the game together with questline. Legendary Cloak was special because it was connecting the story, without it MoP storyline feels just way too disjointed.

    In worst case, if they want to remove legendary cloak so much, then remove it, but keep the actual questline in place, make it reward not cloak but something else instead.

    Developers and "players" should remember that game is meant to be PLAYED for the GAMEPLAY, not for some stupid rush to complete everything before it is removed just to feel "elite" in someone's eyes.

    Hey, why not remove all MOP (all its zones) as well? Make it so those who played it had something to be proud of - aka some stupid achievements which you can't get anymore, at the cost of actual chunk of game. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But why it isn't stupid to remove such a MAJOR questline?
  1. Idletime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This is far beyond completely insane decision. Not a single legendary (except unintended neck) was ever removed from the game together with questline.
    Atiesh. Try as you might you won't be getting that anymore.

    They should remove legendaries with the passing of content, retaining them in later content is trivial and cheapens the original intention of the item. If you don't retain it in the relevant content, they should pass on to history.
  1. thewespie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This is far beyond completely insane decision. Not a single legendary (except unintended neck) was ever removed from the game together with questline. Legendary Cloak was special because it was connecting the story, without it MoP storyline feels just way too disjointed.

    In worst case, if they want to remove legendary cloak so much, then remove it, but keep the actual questline in place, make it reward not cloak but something else instead.

    Developers and "players" should remember that game is meant to be PLAYED for the GAMEPLAY, not for some stupid rush to complete everything before it is removed just to feel "elite" in someone's eyes.

    Hey, why not remove all MOP (all its zones) as well? Make it so those who played it had something to be proud of - aka some stupid achievements which you can't get anymore, at the cost of actual chunk of game. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But why it isn't stupid to remove such a MAJOR questline?
    Atiesh and the Legendary but mount were removed.
  1. Sammonoske's Avatar
    More content removed from an expansion means less people interested in revisiting the MoP expansion. Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, all still popular to revisit. MoP has what? A crap ton of rep grinds and tier sets. Even less people will be there because of the lvl 90 boost.
  1. Tallemo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    More content removed from an expansion means less people interested in revisiting the MoP expansion. Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, all still popular to revisit. MoP has what? A crap ton of rep grinds and tier sets. Even less people will be there because of the lvl 90 boost.
    Rly dont know why so many ppl are upset cause of removing this "legendary" Questline. I mean it wasn't legendary at all! It only consists of farming rep, farming raidbosses and short talking to black prince before he sends u to the next farm mission. The only cool part are the role specific task that you have to do at the end.

    And I dont get ur point why pandaria wont be popular for revisit. I mean what do u get in the other "old" expansions:

    - vanilla: transmogitems,2 legendarys, few to none "out world" achievments
    - BC: transmogitems,2 legendarys, few "out world" achievments
    - wotlk: transmogitems, 2 legendarys, some "out world" achievments
    - cata: transmogitems, 2 legendarys, some"out world" achievments
    - pandaria: transmogitems, more "out world" achievments than in all previous expansions together

    I hope that this list makes clear that pandaria WILL be very popular to revisit as it has so much achievments for players to complete. It will be more popular than any other expansion and players will stay there for much longer. I mean what do you do when u "revisit" BC for example? You do the raids for transmog and maybe for legendary (depends on class) and after that u leave. Gratz u spend 1 maybe 2 hours revisiting the expansion per week. In pandaria is just so much more to do and to find besides the raids for transmog.

    So plz stop all those subjective opinions and crying cause Blizz will remove one legendary and a rly pain in the ass questline (this questline was not legendary at all...).

    And by the way. The legendary is a reward for players that played MoP expansion so its pretty legit to remove the legendary from the game once the expansion is done.
  1. Ferocity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Atiesh. Try as you might you won't be getting that anymore.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that one. I wanted to acquire it eventually, as it allowed to teleport to Karazhan (transportation system always sucked in WoW). But when news about WotLK appeared, I understood that there is no way I am going to make it, as Naxx40 still required quite a number of people to complete (and compete with) at lv70.
    They should remove legendaries with the passing of content, retaining them in later content is trivial and cheapens the original intention of the item. If you don't retain it in the relevant content, they should pass on to history.
    Ever bought a game, but decided to play (or replay) it later, only to find 2 years later that it is no longer playable? Just because game content was slowly removed from the game to make accomplishments more "prestigious"? And MMOs are games too, just with multiple people at once and online.

    I assure you, if to pass the game content on to history in such a way, the game itself won't even become part of history as there will be nothing good to remember about the game.
  1. Tallemo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Ever bought a game, but decided to play (or replay) it later, only to find 2 years later that it is no longer playable? Just because game content was slowly removed from the game to make accomplishments more "prestigious"? And MMOs are games too, just with multiple people at once and online.

    I assure you, if to pass the game content on to history in such a way, the game itself won't even become part of history as there will be nothing good to remember about the game.
    You cant compare a "normal" single player game to a mmo that easy. A mmo is far more than just a game with multiple ppl playing it at once. Especially for WoW a mmo that is 10 years old.

    You cant just push content into a mmo without editing and sometimes remove old content. May it becaus of logic (would be strange naxxramas flying around in 2 differnet places), because of story twists (opening of ahn'qiraj done) or (and this absolutly legit) reward the players that actually made it through the content. Would be pretty frustrating for long term players when even new players could accomplish everything they work hard for in a few months.

    One personal example: Back in the Wotlk days there was the "Immortal" Achievment clearing Naxxramas 25er without any player dieing. The time naxxramas content was current it was pretty hard to accomplish and on my server only 2 Guilds made it once (so there were 50 player on the whole server with the title "Immortal" which was pretty cool and i was one of them). Blizz did not remove the achievment (didnt make a "feat of strength") till cata expansion. With ICC gear every nup could do this achievment with the result that mostly the whole server was walking around with "Immortal" title.... Blizz hear missed to remove something in time to actually reward players. The "Immortal" title was cool like 2-4 mounths. If Blizz had removed it quicklier this title would even now 6 years later still be a real reward for players who did it.

Site Navigation