Patch 2.3 Round-Up, Game Guide Updates, Monk and Barbarian Guides, Seasonal Leveling Guides

Power Core Card Back at BlizzCon EU Finals, TGT Card Pack Opening Statistics

Placement and Ranking System Update, Kael'thas Fix, Kolosalus' Kerrigan Guide and More

Raid Finder Archimonde Nerfs
Archimonde should be somewhat easier on Raid Finder difficulty in the future.



Armory Stats - Race / Class / Gender
In the stats from earlier this week some users were interested in a further breakdown by class, so we have included that data today. It is too long to include in the news, so click on the image below if you are interested!



Patch 6.2.2 - Timewalking Rewards
Patch 6.2.2 adds more rewards to Timewalking! You can see Cupri in Shattrath (Outland) to purchase these items for Timewarped Badge, rewarded from running Timewalking dungeons.

A recent PTR build adjusted the costs, but we haven't had another Timewalking weekend to confirm the new prices and any changes to the drop rate. The latest version of the official notes still says "Players now receive a Timewarped Badge when they complete a Timewalking dungeon". Keep in mind that the drop rate and prices are not final!


Level Type Slot Spec Name Cost
80Mount Bridle of the Ironbound Wraithcharger??
70Mount Reins of the Eclipse Dragonhawk5000 × 
Level Type Slot Spec Name Cost
90Consumable Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing750 × 
90Consumable Ancient Heirloom Scabbard900 × 
100Consumable Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing1000 × 
100Consumable Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard1200 × 
Level Type Slot Spec Name Cost
226NeckNeck Shard of the Crystal Forest??
213FingerFinger Signet of the Impregnable Fortress??
200TrinketTrinket Sundial of the Exiled??
200TrinketTrinket Valor Medal of the First War??
200TrinketTrinket Mirror of Truth??
245TrinketTrinket Mark of Supremacy??
110TrinketTrinket Emblem of Fury35 × 
110TrinketTrinket Icon of the Silver Crescent35 × 
110TrinketTrinket Bloodlust Brooch35 × 
226NeckNeckAll Strength Spiked Battleguard Choker??
245FingerFingerAll Strength Bloodshed Band??
110TrinketTrinketAll Strength Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 60135 × 
226NeckNeckHealer Frozen Tear of Elune??
213FingerFingerHealer Renewal of Life??
226NeckNeckAll Agility Broach of the Wailing Night??
213FingerFingerAll Agility Ring of Invincibility??
226NeckNeckAll Intellect Evoker's Charm??
213FingerFingerAll Intellect Band of Channeled Magic??
200TrinketTrinketAll Intellect The Egg of Mortal Essence??
110TrinketTrinketAll Intellect Essence of the Martyr35 × 
110Off HandOff HandAll Intellect Talisman of Kalecgos25 × 
110BackBack Farstrider Defender's Cloak50 × 
136BackBackAll Strength Dory's Embrace50 × 
110BackBackHealer Bishop's Cloak50 × 
110BackBackAll Agility Blood Knight War Cloak50 × 
110ClothHeadAll Intellect Cowl of Naaru Blessings35 × 
264ClothChestAll Intellect Meteor Chaser's Raiment??
128ClothWaistAll Intellect Voodoo-Woven Belt35 × 
141ClothLegsAll Intellect Corrupted Soulcloth Pantaloons2250 × 
213ClothFeetAll Intellect Xintor's Expeditionary Boots??
264ClothHandsAll Intellect Gloves of False Gestures??
110BackBackAll Intellect Shawl of Shifting Probabilities50 × 
110LeatherHead Mask of the Deceiver35 × 
264LeatherChest Shadow Seeker's Tunic??
141LeatherWaist Belt of the Silent Path35 × 
141LeatherLegs Trousers of the Scryers' Retainer25 × 
213LeatherFeet Boots of Captain Ellis??
264LeatherHands Cat Burglar's Grips??
110MailHead Storm Master's Helmet35 × 
264MailChest Longstrider's Vest??
141MailWaist Aftershock Waistguard35 × 
141MailLegs Rushing Storm Kilt25 × 
213MailFeet Pack-Ice Striders??
264MailHands Logsplitters??
110PlateHead Faceguard of Determination35 × 
264PlateChest Castle Breaker's Battleplate??
141PlateWaist Girdle of Seething Rage35 × 
141PlateLegs Legplates of Unending Fury25 × 
213PlateFeet Kyzoc's Ground Stompers??
264PlateHands Gauntlets of the Kraken??
110ShieldOff HandAll Strength Azure-Shield of Coldarra25 × 
110ShieldOff HandAll Intellect Mazthoril Honor Shield25 × 
146Two-handed AxeTwo HandAll Strength The Blade of Harbingers100 × 
146One-handed MaceOne HandAll Intellect Gavel of Naaru Blessings35 × 
115One-handed SwordOne HandAll Strength Sword of Unyielding Force35 × 
146StaffTwo HandAll Agility Staff of the Forest Lord100 × 
141StaffTwo HandAll Intellect Staff of the Soul-Eater100 × 
146Fist WeaponOne HandAll Agility Vanir's Fist of Brutality35 × 
146DaggerOne HandAll Agility The Mutilator35 × 
146DaggerOne HandAll Intellect Scryer's Blade of Focus35 × 
146CrossbowRangedAll Agility Crossbow of Relentless Strikes100 × 
Level Type Slot Spec Name Cost
65Junk Barrel of Fish25 × 
1Junk Crate of Meat25 × 
70Junk Bag of Fishing Treasures150 × 
70Junk Mark of the Ashtongue1250 × 
1Holiday Timeless Mirror500 × 


Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Developer Communication
But you only need one person to go too far one time in a physical or material way. There is a value to risk proposition here to consider. (holinka)
what you do. It was Ghostcrawler, now you, and will be the one after. This is what they do.
You can make games without having a public presence. I will never stop making games, but perhaps I don't need to be public. (holinka)
The ugly truth is that bad people exist on the internet and if you choose to have a public presence, they will find you. Words are wind. (holinka)

Classes
Blizz sees rogues as criminals like Defias. Players think rogues are league of assassins.
No one is wrong here. The WoW "rogue" encompasses elite assassin, sneaky pickpocket, waylaying bandit, and more. (WatcherDev)

PvP
how long would you personally wait as a non-healer in a solo queue? (iamvhell)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Just curious, have you found many statistical correlations between time to obtain rewards and player engagement?
I don't know that I have data on it but I believe there is one. (OccupyGStreet)
Too long is frustrating. Too shot and you run out of rewards or devalue them. (OccupyGStreet)

I saw you respond to a very hostile question. I respect how you never shy away from those people but is it really worth it?
I think it deflates their anger a bit when you don't reciprocate with hostility. (OccupyGStreet)
I've had several people follow-up and say "Okay sorry that was out of line, but can we discuss the issue?" (OccupyGStreet)

But you do come across as arrogant, and arent transparent. Nice to see one of your tips is to run when its getting hot.
You can have one very in depth conversation with one player. I've certainly done that. Hard on the other players though. (OccupyGStreet)
On WoW, I could go back and forth on 3-4 threads for literally 5 hours. Which would be fine if that was my entire job. (OccupyGStreet)



Final Boss #93 - Ranged Casters
Final Boss talked to Ranged Casters this week.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Raid Finder Archimonde Nerfs, Timewalking Rewards Cost Changes, Tweets, FinalBoss #93 started by chaud View original post
Comments 62 Comments
  1. Mask's Avatar
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
  1. mmoc7dd33ae54f's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
    Agree. Some people find Archimonde hard because the fight requires you to have a brain and a little patience if you wipe.
  1. Toijin's Avatar
    I actually enjoy the difficulty of Archimonde LFR, even if on my alts i got up to 8 stacks of determination before killing him. An end boss of the final raid in the expansion being somewhat of a challenge, makes it actually kinda fun.
  1. Swolltitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
    I disagree. While you have some people who try, we all know LFR is supposed to be easy. IMO, the only nerf I would suggest would be to slow the void star down, or just remove it. Other than that, the fight is fine and fun.

    Keep in mind my suggestion is only for the fact that people who try have to carry many others. I'm a LFR raider, my main's ilvl is 695, but it does get frustrating when you have so many people who dont try. Before someone says go find a raiding guild, i have alts in one. I cant make the raids due to work life and parent life half the time.
  1. mmoc5337f9d117's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
    O boohoo, LFR people get to kill the boss that's been in the game for 8 weeks.
  1. Turaska's Avatar
    They should add Ogri-la reputation badges to the time walking vendor, doing the dailies at level 100 for Ogri'la is near impossible due to how damage works on lower monsters, you literally have to get a low level character to come and do it for you.
  1. Shambulanced's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Agree. Some people find Archimonde hard because the fight requires you to have a brain and a little patience if you wipe.
    Disagree, and the opinions on MMO-C are going to be biased toward people who have, likely, already killed Archimonde on normal or higher.

    Here's a newsflash: LFR isn't intended for people of your play level. Enjoy the easy, inferior loot on your alts, and stop complaining that it's "too easy," or "ruining the game."
  1. cool_freezer's Avatar
    why bother the community with updated prices if you have no f**king clue if drop rate even changed or if the drop rate changed give us any hint about that like the cost?! most useless post EVER herec.... since boub sold the site to curse the quality degenerated every day until today, the lowest point ever. let's see how far the bottom will reach
  1. Shambulanced's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    They should add Ogri-la reputation badges to the time walking vendor, doing the dailies at level 100 for Ogri'la is near impossible due to how damage works on lower monsters, you literally have to get a low level character to come and do it for you.
    They really should. I remember trying to do them on an alt in Cata/MOP and it was terrible even then, so I can't imagine post-crunch what it's like now. Had to unequip my weapon, hope casts could finish before dots killed, etc.
  1. risingforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
    Perfect summation of how *end boss* in LFR should challenge players.

    I was a hardcore raider in BFC, but casual in HFC. My experience of HFC has been via LFR and going into Archimonde was a real treat, because as you said, the kill came after many wipes (we killed on 8 stacks). Most people were happy to be pushing, adapting and going with the flow. There was 1 whiner but many were working towards the victory.

    It's fights like this that are highlights of LFR, and I think Blizzard should continue to bring these kinds of challenges in this context.
  1. Sundreamer's Avatar
    archimonde (atleast on LFR) isn't hard...people just need to use their damned brains, instead of letting them grow algae


    if people can't kill the single infernals after i distract shot one out of the group and instead attack the stacked infernals or keep focusing the boss, they deserve a wipe
  1. Vegas82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    archimonde (atleast on LFR) isn't hard...people just need to use their damned brains, instead of letting them grow algae


    if people can't kill the single infernals after i distract shot one out of the group and instead attack the stacked infernals or keep focusing the boss, they deserve a wipe
    I think the point is that for a group who doesn't know the strat it takes at least 10 wipes for them to learn it. Many groups were getting high stacks long before infernals were an issue.
  1. lagmoose's Avatar
    It doesn't help when you get some groups that don't want to "learn mechanics" on fights like this because "LOL Dudebruh, it's LFR", instead they just instruct people to die and wipe many times so they can power through it. Or you just get people who don't do shit but auto attack (for the same reason).

    I think it's a damn shame that the patience of some of these players are lacking while their sense of self entitlement more than makes up for it.
  1. Pacster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Perfect summation of how *end boss* in LFR should challenge players.

    I was a hardcore raider in BFC, but casual in HFC. My experience of HFC has been via LFR and going into Archimonde was a real treat, because as you said, the kill came after many wipes (we killed on 8 stacks). Most people were happy to be pushing, adapting and going with the flow. There was 1 whiner but many were working towards the victory.

    It's fights like this that are highlights of LFR, and I think Blizzard should continue to bring these kinds of challenges in this context.

    Well, yes and no. I think it's good that a fight where you only face one boss in the instance is a bit harder. On the other hand I entered that fight with 6x Determination already....so that means that I had not to go through 6 wipes...and it as well means that quite a few players already had given up(which is sad). We only wiped one more time. So that was fine for me. 7 wipes in phase 3 would have sucked tho and definitely means that I would not try that boss again in LFR. Although the amount of wipes will likely decrease in comming weeks as players learn the fight, I think the problem are late wipes. It's a mechanic that works well with guilds...but not on a long fight with a lot going on in LFR. With randoms, people accuse each other more and rage quitting is quite common.
    During my one wipe and the wipe before I entered(as far as I could read in the chat) the problem was clearly the nether in phase 3. We finally succeeded by simply force killing the nether walker and not caring much for the stars at all...but I ain't sure if that is possible without of the 7 stacks of determination.
  1. Sundreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think the point is that for a group who doesn't know the strat it takes at least 10 wipes for them to learn it. Many groups were getting high stacks long before infernals were an issue.
    that's different though...my group had 10 stacks as well. we gradually got better, because after every wipe, somebody would explain what the group is having problems with.

    but after 2-3 hours of wiping, they still wouldn't get it in their heads that the melee have to follow the tank into nether and that we gotta seperate the infernals...instead they kept on focusing the infernals grouped up. THAT deserves a wipe...it's the same with the add boss before mannoroth...people always focus the big boss and let everything else run rampart, because, you know, deeps



    pretty much what lagmoose said above
  1. mmoc9a558117b7's Avatar
    Clearly people commenting here don't do LFR regularly. I used to raid regular content till life happened. When you have many wipes in LFR it just slows down the raid incredibly. If the tanks are leaving after every wipe ( and yes this happens quite often ) you can have anything from 5 minute to an hour pauses between attempts. People just don't have the kind of time to do a boss that needs 10 attempts to kill especially if you have half hour pauses between attempts waiting for the raid to refill because people leave after every wipe, or see the amount of stacks your raid have and decide to leave there and then.
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    Heheh, Draenei male monk 0.05% ...
    I don't think I've ever seen one in game.
  1. Archmage VoidElf4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    No need to nerf Archimonde. The fact that determination exists and makes the fight very easy with enough stacks (like 10) is plenty. I often wipe more than 10 times doing a new boss with my guild. LFR players want the raiding experience well THIS IS IT. You are supposed to wipe when learning new bosses.
    But here's the thing, we just want to do LFR for the story, not for the challenge. There's a reason I don't raid, and that's because I despise it.
  1. Laylriana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    They should add Ogri-la reputation badges to the time walking vendor, doing the dailies at level 100 for Ogri'la is near impossible due to how damage works on lower monsters, you literally have to get a low level character to come and do it for you.
    Best suggestion I've seen. Hopefully someone who can do something about it will see this.
  1. mmoc67e7f8beac's Avatar
    If they want archimonde to be thisd "hard" in lfr then it needs to drop the fucking class trinket or anything useful, it's all useless shit right now.

Site Navigation