Blue Posts on Reddit, Desolacer's Melee DH for Patch 2.4

Client Update on the Way, Deck Spotlight: Miracle Malygos Druid

Dreamhack Winter Concludes, Cho'Gall Builds Highlight, WTF Moments #26

Lorewatch - Hanzo, Blues - Name Visibility, SLI, Teleporter Direction

Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews
A few more Artifact Weapon previews today, this time Fire Mage and DPS Warriors.


















Legion - Nightfallen and Withered
We previously looked at the Nightborne. Today we are looking at the Nightfallen and Withered. When the Nightborne are exiled, they are cut off from the Nightwell. This transforms them into the Nightfallen and eventually Withered.





Ghostcrawler Tweets
Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Developer Communication
Question for you awesome people: Game devs get accused a lot of arrogance. How do you know when a dev is being authentically humble? (OccupyGStreet)
Can't think of any 'humble' devs, but humble can be very close to 'pushover'. But if you need the opposite go find @Holinka.
Also, if someone thinks I'm arrogant because I troll people who insult me personally, I'm fine with that. (holinka)
I think the community wants more admittance to poor design
One challenge there is once you admit a mistake, there can be an expectation that it will be fixed very quickly. (OccupyGStreet)

Interviews Watcher with are so good because he doesn't do this. He admits mistakes and seems to know what players think.
Do you think players often claim "arrogant" when what they mean is "I disagree with your direction?" (OccupyGStreet)
Yes. He is very good at not spinning things. You can trust what he says. (OccupyGStreet)

My view of you changed over time aswell. Often you were seen by the community as the decider & bringer of bad news/nerfs
I'm not a fan of the "spokesperson" policy. The more devs who communicate, the more real the whole org appears to be. (OccupyGStreet)

You gave me a headache! Btw, why the focus on humble? Why not something else (empathetic, informative, ...)?
I don't get accused that much of lacking empathy or not sharing information. Arrogant comes up a lot so I wanted to dive into it. (OccupyGStreet)

Arrogance is easier to achieve with 140 characters.
.That is true! I know I come across as flippant on Twitter because I lack characters for nuance. (OccupyGStreet)

If you could guarantee "flawless" CM feedback, would you still communicate with players? And why?
Great question. I think so, just because I personally enjoy it. (OccupyGStreet)
Also, no disrespect to CMs, but players probably also enjoy being able to reach devs directly. (OccupyGStreet)

What if there was a better way to structure the community? Some people are much better at feedback and others dilute them
I've considered some kind of "anyone can view but invite only to post." Would that feel too velvet ropey? (OccupyGStreet)

Reputation / Questing
What's your take on WoW starting zones ? For example, what would you change if you could ?
We redid Elwynn a couple of times while I was there. Emphasis was on showing a good time and telling the story, not teaching. (OccupyGStreet)
I do think you end up killing tiny wildlife for a bit too long in most zones. (OccupyGStreet)

Misc
success breeds arrogance. It's human nature.
It's funny because I see the opposite where I work. Success just creates greater pressure to live up to those expectations. (OccupyGStreet)



Legion - System and Interface Setting Changes
There have been a few changes to the settings in Legion:

  • Texture resolution now goes up to Ultra, up from High.
  • View Distance, Environment Detail, and Ground Clutter are now sliders.
  • Sound options lost Headphone Mode and gained Distance Filtering, as well as a specific Sound Cache size setting.
  • There is now an option to flash the screen red at low health.
  • There is now the option to have a small health and resource bar display near your character.
  • Nameplates can be shown always, or just in combat.
  • Combo points are no longer listed in the Floating Combat Text options.
  • Consolidate buffs is no longer listed in the Buffs and Debuffs options.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews, Nightfallen and Withered, Tweets, Legion Settings started by chaud View original post
Comments 61 Comments
  1. Thyrias's Avatar
    still more than 6 months...
  1. zubaja's Avatar
    It's funny to see how the Nightborn also have these tree stages of 'withering'. Makes you wonder if Belves have an in-between stage too.
    And what of actual Night Elves?
  1. The Darkener's Avatar
    So, does anyone know if we can actually Tmog our, let's say Arcane Artifact into Frost Artifact?
  1. Mormegil's Avatar
    Fire Mage 1h sword is bigger than the fury 2h, blizzard truly are screwing up the fury artifacts.
  1. Bebbl89's Avatar
    Don't like any of the DPS Warrior artifacts. Some even look more like a hunter gun to me Oh well, transmogging old weapons it is... :S
  1. Jadhak's Avatar
    Raziel says hello!
  1. The Darkener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Don't like any of the DPS Warrior artifacts. Some even look more like a hunter gun to me Oh well, transmogging old weapons it is... :S
    Exactly, the Fury Weapons are bullshit, complete utter bullshit, but I actually like one of the Arms Artifacts, the one with the skull, so I wonder if I can change my Fury Artifacts into Arms? But probably not.
  1. Cheerbleeder's Avatar
    Let's hope Legion ends with the birth of a 3rd playable faction. I would re-roll to that Withered race without hesitation. I would enjoy being evil and bad. Having your character and faction feel like a threat to others would be extremely exciting, new and fresh!
  1. Futtiwar's Avatar
    Warrior weapons are so damn bland.
  1. TheWindWalker's Avatar
    Wow. The Warrior weapons are way cooler than I expected. Even the Arms one has a few cool texture/color combos when you see them in motion. The fury "open mouth dragon/red" is friggin glorious.
  1. Frostyfire14's Avatar
    Warrior weapons look really good. I don't understand the negativity towards them? At least you don't use a scythe as a Balance Druid....
  1. beanman12345's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Fire Mage 1h sword is bigger than the fury 2h, blizzard truly are screwing up the fury artifacts.
    I think they said something about size of weapons being off or something, but based on these images, and the hilts, many of the mage swords look like 2h, and none of the fury do.
  1. Sir Riptor's Avatar
    That withered model looks pretty cool

    Not a big fan of most of the arms and fury skins
  1. kishill's Avatar
    these warrior weapons no details dont fit with the lore of a warrior ... mogging incoming...

    damn they are so ugly...
  1. Tisane's Avatar
    Looks like I'll have to upgrade my GFX card once again
  1. Sir Riptor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    So, does anyone know if we can actually Tmog our, let's say Arcane Artifact into Frost Artifact?
    They have said you cant transmog your weapon into other artifacts
  1. Dialout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Fire Mage 1h sword is bigger than the fury 2h, blizzard truly are screwing up the fury artifacts.
    Probably because the Fury weapons are not 2handers.
  1. Maniox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialout View Post
    Probably because the Fury weapons are not 2handers.
    Yes they are...
  1. Thereaperszone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniox View Post
    Yes they are...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942707/ They are one handers
  1. Aimscoes's Avatar
    Pretty hyped for the ultra texture bcs it looks shit right now.

Site Navigation