Trial of Valor Adjustments - December 20
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeons and Raids
(All dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.)

Trial of Valor

Odyn
  • Reduced the damage of Shatter by 25% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the damage of Stormforged Spear's tank hit by 25% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced Odyn's health by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced Hyrja and Hymdall's health by 20% on all difficulties.
  • Hymdall and Hyrja now once again leave the arena at 85% on Heroic difficulty during Stage 2.

Guarm
  • Reduced Health by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced damage dealt by Headlong Charge by 10% on all difficulties. This change does not apply to Trample.
  • Reduced damage dealt by Flame Lick on impact on Mythic difficulty by 5%.

Helya
  • Reduced the health of Bilewater Slime, Night Watch Mariner, and Helya by 10% and Grimelord by 15% in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the number of Taint of the Sea debuffs applied to players on Mythic difficulty by 1.
  • Reduced the damage of Tainted Explosion on all difficulties.

Holiday Updates
  • The Feast of Winter Veil Achievement "BB King" now only requires players to pelt three faction leaders to complete.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Trial of Valor Adjustments - December 20 started by chaud View original post
Comments 117 Comments
  1. mmoc05c6e47614's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Quite easy. Pretty much all guilds having the skill to kill Helya allready killed her.

    Blizzard has 2 options after that, seeing the low numbers of kills.
    Either they do nothing and tryharding guilds may kill her once they overgear it even more than they allready do. Which is the stupid option.
    Or they nerf an overtuned raid to fit the dificulty with the rewards so non top tier guilds can finally kill her without loosing sanity/members/time. Which is obviously the smart option, the one blizzard took.
    Yes, and? It's still better than nerf it. If people haven't the skill to kill her atm, so let them get better stuff and try it again, and again, and again until they kill her. Making her easier is not a good solution, they just ask players to be brainless to kill.
  1. mmoc442be69514's Avatar
    We just had our first Helya HC kill. Had . Good that it happened pre nerf. we got 876 average ilvl and it is absolutely doable. you just need to learn the fight and figure out what to do. Now that we made it i wouldnt call the fight "hard". its just challenging. as it should be.
  1. Deavane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    And nothing of value was lost.

    Remove mythic raids, remove rated pvp, and let the gear snob tryhards screw off and never come back. Game will be just fine. There's lots more semi-casuals, casuals, and turbo casuals than all the top guilds combined.
    Why are you so upset about high end players? Have they done something that effected you?
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Why are you so upset about high end players? Have they done something that effected you?
    besides whining like little kids for years untill blizzard removed first badge/vp tier and trinekts , then vp gear , then mid expansion dungeons , then whole endgame besides raiding and mythic still couldnt beat 5 % participation even when there was f...all to do in wod ? - ye what did they do what affcted causal 95 % of playerbase indeed.
  1. Deavane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Quite easy. Pretty much all guilds having the skill to kill Helya allready killed her.

    Blizzard has 2 options after that, seeing the low numbers of kills.
    Either they do nothing and tryharding guilds may kill her once they overgear it even more than they allready do. Which is the stupid option.
    Or they nerf an overtuned raid to fit the dificulty with the rewards so non top tier guilds can finally kill her without loosing sanity/members/time. Which is obviously the smart option, the one blizzard took.
    I completely disagree. There are plenty of guilds who have killed Guarm currently who could kill her, given a week or two more attempts. You act like there's guilds not in phase 3 currently. The guilds who will steamroll her tonight or tomorrow could easily have killed her, they just don't have enough attempts yet. Raiding three days a week only gets you so far.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    besides whining like little kids for years untill blizzard removed first badge/vp tier and trinekts , then vp gear , then mid expansion dungeons , then whole endgame besides raiding and mythic still couldnt beat 5 % participation even when there was f...all to do in wod ? - ye what did they do what affcted causal 95 % of playerbase indeed.
    I hardly doubt that 5% of the playerbase was able to change the game to that magnitude. That's delusional.
  1. elvor0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

    Remove mythic raids, remove rated pvp, and let the gear snob tryhards screw off and never come back. Game will be just fine. There's lots more semi-casuals, casuals, and turbo casuals than all the top guilds combined.
    Why? Why does it matter if something exists that you don't participate in and you don't want to participate in?
  1. Kaito92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn View Post
    God, you are so wrong... . 50 guilds is like 0.001% of the player base, and 0.00001% of the actual raiders. So, you cant say,,ppl can clearly do it,,. The level of commitment for mythic raiding is sky high. You do know that there are players out there capable of doing hard content, without ,eat, sleep, raid,, routine. Why should they be denied this, just because the content is so overtuned?
    Blizzard understands that they cant do content for 0.00001% of the paying players. Even mythic should be more accesible for non or semi hardcore guilds.
    Hope my thoughts make sense.
    then go lfr so no it doesnt make sense, read my post correctly


    also stop making shit with 00000000 prercentage

    if you cant clear ToV Mhytic you are 100 % unskilled for it
  1. Ealyssa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    I completely disagree.
    Apparently Blizzard doesn't care

    There are plenty of guilds who have killed Guarm currently who could kill her, given a week or two more attempts.
    Plenty, lol

    A few guilds in the world sure, a 1-2 hundreds people. Bad luck. But you'll always have people who could "have just killed her before nerf, promise we are good". From BC to Legion, nothing new. Fact is blizzard took action early to impact the less people possible and helping the most at the same time : christmas pause is just arround the corner and nighthold just after. Gaming is an industry, they have to see past some guild needs.
  1. Supercool's Avatar
    If ToV didn't get a nerf it would be completely dead content when Nighthold releases.

    Even if NH is just as hard, it's got far better rewards and is a better use of your time. ToV has overtuned fights and crap loot so guilds are only doing it right now because there's nothing better to do.
  1. Beazzles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Well you sure as all make it sound like you wan't to, saying I'm a loud mouthed person, when I havent even cleared mythic. Yea sure seems like you'd like to hence sure ask for my details so no one has to see you do it. But no shit, the content is HARD, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. I like it being HARD, its MYTHIC, it's not meant to be easy, it's meant to be HARD. I give out crititism, and correct people where they are either wrong, as saying EN is too hard (lol) Too easy (agree), or is just flat out broken. I respond to what IMO makes a fight a boring fight (Odyn) but is still correctly tuned (just please remove phase 1 fight is else as it should be). I've never said I was the god of gaming, I'm in a roughly rank 400 guild, I'm more than happy with the guild, but I don't wish the raid to be nerfed because rank 2600 guild finds Odyn to be too hard.



    No I'm not, I'm pointing out flaws in your comments if I did in the past, else to others, I'm giving in one post my own view on the few fights, and giving some raw facts. Like the number of guilds being done with EN, how HoV is a filler raid, and how it's correctly tuned, to be punishing just as it should be. Also learn to interact with people. Well, sorry if you feel offended by what I say. But as I see it, all my points are as close to facts/down to earth as they can be. Without spewing out DONT NERF YOU CAN KILL IT 1 GUY DID, or THIS IS TOO HARD, PLZ NERF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ODYN HITS BACK.
    Lol the god of gaming here talking all of this smack, yet it took them 2 weeks to take down Guarm after taking down Odyn.
  1. Cobrakai's Avatar
    just needed to tune the hp of the bosses a little bit. the overhaul to the damage done and the mechanics was probably over the top.

    but nerfs were a good idea - nighthold comes out in less than a month and will make TOV completely irrelavent. best to make the content slightly more accessible to the audience its meant for, and more in scale with the gear that it drops, b/c it certainly is not worth the effort reward wise.
  1. Deavane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Apparently Blizzard doesn't care


    Plenty, lol

    A few guilds in the world sure, a 1-2 hundreds people. Bad luck. But you'll always have people who could "have just killed her before nerf, promise we are good". From BC to Legion, nothing new. Fact is blizzard took action early to impact the less people possible and helping the most at the same time : christmas pause is just arround the corner and nighthold just after. Gaming is an industry, they have to see past some guild needs.
    I'm just saying, out of the 400 or so guilds who had Guarm dead, I would assume atleast 50 of them had phase 3 progress on Helya. That's not to say they would have got it, but to be that far is pretty damn good.
  1. MeleX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    If ToV didn't get a nerf it would be completely dead content when Nighthold releases.

    Even if NH is just as hard, it's got far better rewards and is a better use of your time. ToV has overtuned fights and crap loot so guilds are only doing it right now because there's nothing better to do.
    This! so true!
  1. DingZinJong's Avatar
    nerf ok. .
  1. mmocafdb201d91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Because balancing content around artifact lvl and legendaries is such a nice thing. Not. Not everyone does AP grind, not everyone enjoys that grind. Your point is invalid.
    You have to do literally nothing in the game to not gain power right now. So if you dont do a single thing... why would you suddenly wnt to do raids ? i don't get this type of behaviour. With Trait 35 all PvE content gets a 5% nerf. But you want more... you get up to 10% nerf with trait 45.
  1. TOM_RUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    You have to do literally nothing in the game to not gain power right now. So if you dont do a single thing... why would you suddenly wnt to do raids ? i don't get this type of behaviour. With Trait 35 all PvE content gets a 5% nerf. But you want more... you get up to 10% nerf with trait 45.
    I prefer WoD style raiding, where you only login for a raid and do nothing else.
  1. mmoc1041ea18b9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Please tell me you're joking just to piss me off, because you're doing that rather well making a clown out of yourself. I can with 100% confidence tell you LFR raiders has 0 to say about nerfs. If you HONESTLY THINK, an LFR raider as something to say about things needing a nerf, then I'm sorry, but you're out of your own mind. They don't balance mythic around LFR raiders who cant break 200k DPS if i gave them a 880 toon with level 54 weapon. Just stop yourself.

    Even worse, Mythic nerfs, like I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're perhaps just not good enough to do Mythic ToV. Did I find Odyn boring as f? Yes I sure did, but I'd say it's perfectly tuned. Guarm is a retard check can people look at their debuffs. We've wiped 0 times on guarm to DPS being bad at doing DPS, or healers doing good HPS. It's always been X player is retarded and can't run to their mark.
    Youre not getting the point. The guy doing LFR or lower end mythic bosses pays 12$ a month, so do you. The guy doing Normal has an equal right to be challenged by Raidcontent as you do. I can only laugh at people beeing offended by Mythic nerfs. Blizzard gave you an extremely fair tuning system - if youre extremely good at the game - you get to clear Mythic in its hardest form at release. If youre not so good - but heroic is too easy - you get to be challenged by a nerfed - yet still hard mythic system.

    The whole whining seems to be because more people are getting mythic items and challenging your heritage as the chosen raider. Please get over yourself.

Site Navigation