Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.6.0.45634

Fireside Gatherings: Host Your Own Summer Tavern Hero Qualifier

Armory Stats - Prestige Level
Today we are taking a look at the Prestige Level achievements of players. This data comes from 1.9 million US and EU players active in the last month.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!


Raid Testing Cancelled
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
This test is being canceled due to a client crash that won't be resolved until the next PTR build. Apologies for the short notice.

Upcoming Overwatch Books
Three new Overwatch books are now available for pre-order.




Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Will echos of battle carry over to the next PvP season?
Echoes of Battle and Domination will be converted to gold at the end of the season. (WarcraftDevs)

EU Arena Cup #2 - Saturday and Sunday at 16:00 CEST
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Cup #2 of the WoW Arena World Championship goes live Saturday 20th May. To keep up with the action, tune in to the broadcast at 3.30pm CEST, with matches kicking off at 4.00pm CEST sharp. Don’t miss out!

Here’s where to catch the action, 20th and Sunday 21st at 16:00 CEST

Eight Epic Teams

  • Northern Gaming Blue
  • Enjoy Legion
  • ABC
  • EMO
  • Boyzz
  • KFC Managers
  • Making A Movie
  • Method

Your Hosts
We have 2 casters “Adrian ‘Healingstat’ Archer-Lock” and “Richard Campbell”

Points Promote Players – Get Involved!

Cup Events
  • 1st place: $3,000, 160 points
  • 2nd place: $1,500, 80 points
  • 3rd place: $1,000, 36 points
  • 4th place: $500, 20 points
  • 5th and 6th places: 12 points each

Approved Community Events
  • 1st place: 40 points
  • 2nd place: 20 points
  • 3rd place: 12 points
  • 4th place: 8 points
  • 5th and 6th places: N/A

Find out more in our Arena World Championship announcement here.


Want In On The Action?
We want to see a ton of community involvement, and would love some of you out there hold your own events. Not only will you be part of the action, you’ll help teams place higher on the ladder— as approved community events award points too! Want to know more? Get in touch. Want to run your own event? Apply here.

Good luck to all the teams and see you on Saturday and Sunday during the stream!!

Overwatch Anniversary Event
Overwatch is having an annivesary event from May 23 - June 12. So far we have seen some new maps, voice lines, and dance emotes.



Overwatch Free Weekend - May 26 - 29
Overwatch will be free to play from May 26 - 29, giving everyone a chance to participate in the Overwatch Anniversary event.



FinalBossTV #139 - How is Legion, So Far
FinalBossTV talked to Preach and Ghost this week about how Legion has been going so far.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Armory Stats - Prestige Level, Overwatch Books, EU Arena Cup, Overwatch Anniversary started by chaud View original post
Comments 31 Comments
  1. Azahel's Avatar
    Prestige lvl 2, going to 3. Haven't done any pvp for it though.
  1. pit3r000's Avatar
    Only 1,9 million?! That's sad...
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Wonder how many of those have only done "pvp" world quests.
  1. Sentynel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pit3r000 View Post
    Only 1,9 million?! That's sad...
    What's sad about that? It's only US and EU regions. Asia not included where the bigger playerbase is.
  1. ComputerNerd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pit3r000 View Post
    Only 1,9 million?! That's sad...
    In what way.
    If you take that as some representation of sub numbers, then consider that a week ago there was another poll with 4.9m.
    Which shows those only to be a SAMPLE of the whole, which as stated is at the very least excluding anything which is not EU or US.
    So if that is what you are saying, then the jumping to such conclusions would be what is "sad".
  1. Shiski's Avatar
    lol only 1.9
  1. Rogalicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you take that as some representation of sub numbers, then consider that a week ago there was another poll with 4.9m.
    Yes, and it was about characters, this one is about active accounts.
  1. ComputerNerd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yes, and it was about characters, this one is about active accounts.
    Fair enough, I missed that distinction.
    But it has been stated on previous occasions to be only a sample.
    Jumping to the conclusion that it is all accounts would be wrong.

    That is evidence of nothing at all on its own.
    Do we really think that wow players on average are spending about 4 or 5 times their subscription a month on pets, mounts, account services, etc.
    As that is what would be required given the apparent income from the game overall.

    I find that hard to believe, not least because I am very far from that supposed typical example.
  1. randprin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    ...
    Do we really think that wow players on average are spending about 4 or 5 times their subscription a month on pets, mounts, account services, etc.
    As that is what would be required given the apparent income from the game overall.

    I find that hard to believe, not least because I am very far from that supposed typical example.
    not a lot of them, but there are enough "whales" around that spend a hell of a lot more, just a RMAH mount is usually going for the equivalent of 4-5 tokens on it's own, and I've yet to see one not being sold for minimum that (and for each one that got sold, at least a few tokens were bought for cash and sold on the AH by the people who didn't win that.
  1. ComputerNerd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    not a lot of them, but there are enough "whales" around that spend a hell of a lot more, just a RMAH mount is usually going for the equivalent of 4-5 tokens on it's own, and I've yet to see one not being sold for minimum that (and for each one that got sold, at least a few tokens were bought for cash and sold on the AH by the people who didn't win that.
    Millions were made by players with garrisons alone, who unlike me took full advantage of that.
    The more you have, the more you can make.
    There is no evidence as to how much of the spending on the RMAH comes from tokens.

    All we have are assumptions.
    And given the previous player behaviour we aren't likely to get much more transparency on that than we are now.
  1. Danuel's Avatar
    PvP stats sems legitn - theres only small % of playerse who give a damn about PVP in wow.
  1. randprin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Millions were made by players with garrisons alone, who unlike me took full advantage of that.
    The more you have, the more you can make.
    There is no evidence as to how much of the spending on the RMAH comes from tokens.

    All we have are assumptions.
    And given the previous player behaviour we aren't likely to get much more transparency on that than we are now.
    as one of those who banked millions during WoD i agree with you on principal, the RMAH was just an example of a huge gold sink that can be used from tokens. (i am also personally aware of at least 5 people who work for decent wages, and spend about 100 eu/month on tokens just because they don't want to do anything remotely close to grinding (and they enjoy throwing down feasts and cauldrons in 5mans for some reason)

    as an aside, i'd like to point out that,
    1. at least for me, the WoD gold is mostly gone, most of it spent on tokens for sub and b-net balance.
    2. it is possible, if you leveled enough characters to 110 and kept up with your Order Hall resource gathering and upgrades, to make 300-400k/month just from playing about an hour/week on each character (just enough for a full round of emissary quests + some OH WQ to keep the ball rolling) and spending about 10 minutes each day on the mobile app setting up missions.
  1. Alfakennyone's Avatar
    Almost Prestige 8
  1. Haidaes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wonder how many of those have only done "pvp" world quests.
    The majority probably. Let's be honest here, 30% have barely participated in pvp at all. That is the amount of people in my guild that do zero pvp and just did it a couple of times for either the weapon skin or some loot from a tower/open world arena.

    If you actually pvp regularily, then you'd have about 10 at least by now, you should probably be done with 13-50 as well.

    All these numbers tell me is that the new system is a failure and more to the point PvP in WoW is an utter failure, because no one does it. Maybe blizzard will stop wasting nice items on it in the future, because apparently even giving the bad ass colors of tier sets to PvP is not enough to get people to actually participate in it. Heck even high class raiding seems to get more attention that casual PvP.. let alone dedicated.

    The only saving grace is probably that the 1.9 million do contain a couple of twinks, which also don't pvp by the looks of it, but will obviously skew the numbers a bit.

    P12-L10 myself btw.
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiski View Post
    lol only 1.9
    nothing usurprising there - Broken shore is complete garbage not content and its gonan be 4 months before ToS LFR fully opens - unless someone is hc/mythic raider there is 0 reason to play during this summer.

    its blizzard own fault that only decent content in game is for mythic raiders /shrug
  1. MrExcelion's Avatar
    The poll actually matches up pretty well with the character data (just judging the relative dropoff between 1 and the others). Not the sort of poll people would stretch the truth on I suppose, just binary truthful responses
  1. Wogehkak's Avatar
    Hit p13r50 about three days ago. I would have figured way more people were higher up.
  1. Dizzeeyooo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    All these numbers tell me is that the new system is a failure and more to the point PvP in WoW is an utter failure, because no one does it. Maybe blizzard will stop wasting nice items on it in the future, because apparently even giving the bad ass colors of tier sets to PvP is not enough to get people to actually participate in it. Heck even high class raiding seems to get more attention that casual PvP.. let alone dedicated
    pvp has died because classes have been pruned and simplified to the point that pvp turns into a pve dps race where you occasionally press instant cc buttons and check skada after each game to see how much dps you did vs how much the enemy team did - no wonder that less then 80k-100k players are actively participating in ranked pvp in EU or NA

    if the prestige system had been introduced in tbc/wotlk/cata or even mop, it would have been far far far far far far far more popular, because pvp was still fun in those expansions and so people were still actively participating in pvp in those expansions - same as ashran, decent system but wrong expansion with shitty 100% focused on raiding and spreadsheets class design (unique pvp trinkets only available through ashran rng aside, that would always have been hated no matter the expansion)
  1. slime's Avatar
    I'm prestige 9, but I haven't pvp'd at all this xpac.
  1. Alopex Major's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wonder how many of those have only done "pvp" world quests.
    Me, because trying to get honor in random bgs as Alliance is a painful joke. I could spend several hours trying for one win, or do one WQ, which do you think I'm going to pick?

Site Navigation