Antorus - Argus the Unmaker Defeat Cinematic
Congratulations to Cute Anime Girls (OC-Frostmourne) on their Argus kill!






Antorus - Argus the Unmaker Pre-Fight Cinematic



Patch 7.3.2 - November 28 Hotfixes
In addition to the PvP hotfixes posted last night, Shadow Priests had some changes.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
  • Priest
    • Shadow
      • Void Eruption no longer deals a separate damage event for each of your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch on each target. Instead, it now deals a single damage event to all targets that have either your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch.
      • Void Eruption damage increased by 700%.
      • Shadow Crash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), Insanity generation increased to 20 (was 15), and Missile speed increased by 60%.
      • Mind Sear (Passive) damage increased by 50%.
      • Heart of the Void (Legendary) increases Void Eruption’s damage by 75% (was 300%) and heals you for 25% (was 40%) of the damage done.
        • Developers’ note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff. The overall effect is mostly neutral.
      • Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 4%.
      • Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 4%.
        • Developers’ note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff in extended fights.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Antrous - Argus the Unmaker Defeat Cinematic started by chaud View original post
Comments 233 Comments
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Illidan wouldn't stand a chance in a 1v1 against Sargeras. Sargeras would tear his limbs apart like an insect.
    Although I agree that Sargeras is too powerful in his normal form, he looks like he's been weakened by the Pantheon in that scene. At least it looks like that, I see no reason why Illidan would grab his glaives tighter and say "at last" if he didn't have any chances with him or didn't want to fight. For sure he just jumped into that portal/fog and went 1v1 with him.

    Though I could be wrong and there's no real reason why Illidan would stay there... (othar than - Enough with Illidan in WoW! Give him an proper ending!)

    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    That cinematic was ok, but it felt a bit underwhelming and hollow. Sargeras' dialogue was basically "aaaaaaah. oooooooh." - as if he was some sort of Ogre. This is the guy we have been fighting since 1994, the main big bad (until recently) of the entire universe. No epic showdown between the Titans and the Dark Titan Sargeras, just them firing a rainbow beam and dragging him in. Why not show us more of the titans? More of Sargeras full-body? Give him a booming, epic, clear and menacing voice with a few cool lines? Why not show us a bit more of them and Illidan imprisoning him?

    For the conclusion cinematic to the main villain since day 1, this felt nowhere near as climactic and epic as it should have been. This does not do the Burning Legion nor Sargeras justice at all.
    I kinda agree, but I think that I expected too much.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Cue the incessant whining about how this is "the lamest end boss cinematic of all time!!"... Funny how that always seems to apply to the very latest one. :>
  1. sillag's Avatar
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.
  1. Ezyah's Avatar
    Seems none of them dropped the leg trinket, still no clue how it drops.
  1. klaps_05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    So the sword stays in the planet but The Wound been shown on ptr maps without the sword. Wonder what happens to it....?

    Edit: yes ptr isn't finished so the blade might actually carry on being in Azeoth come bfa
    this was probably the reason why all of kalimdor was disabled at some point. in earlier posts someone also noticed that an object was missing from the location which was probably the sword.
  1. Nagrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.
    Yes because besides destroying all life Sargeras is also known for being interested in cartography and should know the exact location of the Horde capital.
  1. EUPLEB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Although I agree that Sargeras is too powerful in his normal form, he looks like he's been weakened by the Pantheon in that scene. At least it looks like that, I see no reason why Illidan would grab his glaives tighter and say "at last" if he didn't have any chances with him or didn't want to fight. For sure he just jumped into that portal/fog and went 1v1 with him.

    Though I could be wrong and there's no real reason why Illidan would stay there... (othar than - Enough with Illidan in WoW! Give him an proper ending!)



    I kinda agree, but I think that I expected too much.
    Even a weakened titan would annihilate Illidan. Not too mention the only reason Sargeras is imprisoned is because they used the last of Argus' power to jail him, Illidan is a guard, but he is not the jailer.
  1. Caribald's Avatar
    imma log out in silithus on eu with aspect of the turtle and deflect that sumbitch
  1. sillag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Cue the incessant whining about how this is "the lamest end boss cinematic of all time!!"... Funny how that always seems to apply to the very latest one. :>
    i wouldnt say many of them have been very good tbh

    "there must always be a lich king" was a cop out.

    the cataclysm one was ruined by focusing on thrall's baby

    pandaria was actually ok it was neat how they had one for alliance and one for horde

    and then in draenor we have "draenor is free". i think we were all just glad to be done with it and i say we including we the players, blizzard the developers, and the npcs themselves who were forced to exist in warlords of draenor

    at least for this legion ending they showed uncommon restraint by not having illidan say "he is not prepared..." at the end. good job blizzard. please give yourselves a round of applause

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Yes because besides destroying all life Sargeras is also known for being interested in cartography and should know the exact location of the Horde capital.
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword
  1. jackofwind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword
    Hard to do when you're caught in a super powered rainbow tractor beam.
  1. Akta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.
    lol he's not interested in destryoing the horde he attempted to destroy the whole planet but the phanteon trapped him before it was too late
  1. sillag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Hard to do when you're caught in a super powered rainbow tractor beam.
    it really isnt. he has all the time in the world to stab that sword go back and watch again. it isnt pulling him away very fast. i could easily have wiped out a city or at least a town in his place.
  1. Rund's Avatar
    Antrous? Same typo 3 times, i bet someone has used copy/pasta! :P
  1. Nagrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword
    You're just looking for something to bitch about "my dude".. He didn't have time to pick a juicy target... or did he? Considering Silithus is not just any zone.

    You fail to take his size and speed in to consideration. It looks slow but try scaling it down.
  1. sillag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    You're just looking for something to bitch about "my dude".. He didn't have time to pick a juicy target... or did he? Considering Silithus is not just any zone.

    You fail to take his size and speed in to consideration. It looks slow but try scaling it down.
    no, he's the demon lord of all creation, you are underestimating him. if he was that badly off he couldn't have made a clean hit anywhere. im afraid you have been beaten on this one.
  1. Nagrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    no, he's the demon lord of all creation, you are underestimating him. if he was that badly off he couldn't have made a clean hit anywhere. im afraid you have been beaten on this one.
    Yeah.. whatever floats your boat man.
  1. Tread's Avatar
    Can someone explain to me what was Sargeras doing around Azeroth in the first place? How did he get there? Was he always there?
  1. Contender Saverem's Avatar
    Sargy is a big boy.
  1. Bisso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Can someone explain to me what was Sargeras doing around Azeroth in the first place? How did he get there? Was he always there?
    my guess is he shows up during the raid.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i wouldnt say many of them have been very good tbh



    - - - Updated - - -


    Your opinion has been noted. I disagree.

    Some people are simply hellbent on being negative Nancies.

Site Navigation