Patch 7.3.5 - Legendary Tokens Update
A recent PTR build added the ability to purchase a token that creates a Legion legendary item for Wakening Essences.

The upcoming changes will make it unnecessary to prepare for Patch 7.3.5, so that you don't feel obligated to farm Wakening Essences.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Few additional details on the new Legendary token:
  • We've just pushed a hotfix live that makes Wakening Essences drop for everyone, regardless of whether you're on the quest or not.
  • We'll also be dramatically increasing both the number of Essences required to purchase tokens and the rate at which you gain them in Patch 7.3.5. The overall time investment needed to purchase a token will stay roughly the same, but this will minimize the benefits of stockpiling Essences ahead of time.
    • Note: Emissary bags earned prior to the release of 7.3.5 will still give pre-7.3.5 numbers of Essences. There is no benefit to saving Emissary bags until afer the patch.
  • We also plan to add Wakening Essences to your first Battleground win of the day in 7.3.5.
  • The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 7.3.5 - Legendary Tokens Update started by chaud View original post
Comments 74 Comments
  1. Zaiats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    For every player that does this 'fairly', there'd be another who goes "OMG now I need to roll 10 alts just to feed legendaries to my main THANKS BLIZZ ALTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN"
    If you still don't have all legendaries on char it hardly deserves to be called MAIN.
  1. Cholerabob's Avatar
    Why go crazy with upgrading ALL legendaries when you can only wear 2 ? Let us wear them all if we have them.
  1. Thelxi's Avatar
    Use a token, to get a token, to get a random legendary xD
  1. keymil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think that in this case the main problem are legendaries, not the community. Changing token to BOA instead of BOP wouldn't make a change for you, but maybe for other players.
    I played with no good legendaries on multiple classes and was fine. So who am I? An alien?

    You people keep on creating new problems to make yourself enjoy the game less and less. Its not Blizzard killing the fun, its you people killing the fun in yourselves.

    I swear a few years ago people werent so delusional, arrogant to the definition of playing video games, and entitled to everything that in the game's code.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    welp they are bop so pretty much useless for any1 like me that has all the leggys on their main
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I played with no good legendaries on multiple classes and was fine. So who am I? An alien?
    No, you think that you're special or something? I was also playing without BIS legendaries and I was fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You people keep on creating new problems to make yourself enjoy the game less and less. Its not Blizzard killing the fun, its you people killing the fun in yourselves.
    Not really, BIS legendaries were giving people big(relative) advantage. And their drop was so much randomized that you could get 2 BISes in one week or not get any bis for 2 months or so... I don't think that so much RNG should be a main factor how good you perform. Because without BIS legendaries you're not going to do more DPS than people on the same level with BISes.

    After receiving legendary most people had two reactions: relief that they get their bis legendary or frustration that they didn't get BIS legendary.

    Why people who do emissary quests 7 days a week should get best item for their class and someone who does mythic raiding shouldn't? Of course that's a little hyperbole, but casuals in my guild were receiving BIS legendaries, while mythic raiding team weren't. Why? That's unfair for me.

    If you do not put enough effort(learn boss tactics, cooperate with your team, min/max your character etc.) - you shouldn't get best items in the game. Simple as that. Why casuals who do other things that M+ or raiding should get legendaries anyway? So they could do their world quests/LFR faster? That's a nonsense. I have nothing against casuals of course, but I don't see a reason why they should have the same chance for getting BEST items in the game as people who do mythics. That's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I swear a few years ago people werent so delusional, arrogant to the definition of playing video games, and entitled to everything that in the game's code.
    I agree, but in that case people have arguments against legendaries. And I totally agree with them. Saying that "I don't want them to be BOA" is even more arrogant and egocentric.
  1. Mamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    welp they are bop so pretty much useless for any1 like me that has all the leggys on their main
    Did you even bothered to read the blue post? Silly question, ofc no. But why then even commenting?
  1. Biggles Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    What additional, specific solutions do you have in mind?
    From the get go for starters, getting a legendary boa token so you can choose what you want.
    Make all the legendaries like the heirlooms tab. Once you obtain one you can use it on all your characters.
    I say this since the legendary models aren't new or unique, they're older models so nothing visual to obtain. We can't use them beyond legion for the unique affixes. There's no unique questline that makes them special. You farm your butt off or get lucky to get them so it's already a meh system in general. They're not that uncommon when you're playing a lot. When players get a crap legendary, or one they aren't looking to get, they get mad, frustrated and discouraged. This alleviates that.
    Since there's so many legendaries to get across all toons and specs, making it so you get what you want once and done feels like a better system.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Did you even bothered to read the blue post? Silly question, ofc no. But why then even commenting?
    missed the last 4 words didn't see that still pointless tho
  1. keymil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, you think that you're special or something? I was also playing without BIS legendaries and I was fine.
    So what's the issue exactly cause I'm lost now. You all spew this "THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT THE BEST BIS LEGENDARIES" then say you were fine without them. Now people yell for even more free stuff.

    Not really, BIS legendaries were giving people big(relative) advantage. And their drop was so much randomized that you could get 2 BISes in one week or not get any bis for 2 months or so... I don't think that so much RNG should be a main factor how good you perform. Because without BIS legendaries you're not going to do more DPS than people on the same level with BISes.

    After receiving legendary most people had two reactions: relief that they get their bis legendary or frustration that they didn't get BIS legendary.

    Why people who do emissary quests 7 days a week should get best item for their class and someone who does mythic raiding shouldn't? Of course that's a little hyperbole, but casuals in my guild were receiving BIS legendaries, while mythic raiding team weren't. Why? That's unfair for me.
    Doing less dps =/= unplayable. You are using extreme hyperboles to make it look dramatic, but its laughable in the end.

    If you do not put enough effort(learn boss tactics, cooperate with your team, min/max your character etc.) - you shouldn't get best items in the game.
    Exactly. So hop on that alt and put enough effort to get the best items you seek.

    I agree, but in that case people have arguments against legendaries. And I totally agree with them. Saying that "I don't want them to be BOA" is even more arrogant and egocentric.
    This thread isnt about legendaries, but new way to acquire them in 7.3.5. Saying "I want them to be boa, let me farm them on my super geared main so that i can flood my alts with legendaries (just a thought about it sounds RIDICULOUS for someone who's been playing since tbc)" is being lazy af.
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So what's the issue exactly cause I'm lost now. You all spew this "THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT THE BEST BIS LEGENDARIES" then say you were fine without them.
    Read the rest of my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Now people yell for even more free stuff.
    There's a difference between yelling for free stuff and yelling for having equal opportunity, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Doing less dps =/= unplayable. You are using extreme hyperboles to make it look dramatic, but its laughable in the end.
    Of course it's not making the game unplayable. As I said, it's little hyperbole, but it's still valid and such situations happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Exactly. So hop on that alt and put enough effort to get the best items you seek.
    I don't have any guarantee that I'm going to get best items for my alt. If I was doing mythic runs on my alt then I could expect getting best gear... but by grinding? You call that effort? Only special snowflakes who play 24/7 could only say such a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    This thread isnt about legendaries, but new way to acquire them in 7.3.5. Saying "I want them to be boa, let me farm them on my super geared main so that i can flood my alts with legendaries (just a thought about it sounds RIDICULOUS for someone who's been playing since tbc)" is being lazy af.
    First of all - it's also thread about legendaries. They were bad idea(see my previous post why), so I think that everyone should get their bis legendaries at the start. That would be most fairest, because everyone would have equal chances.
  1. HuxNeva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We've just pushed a hotfix live that makes Wakening Essences drop for everyone, regardless of whether you're on the quest or not.
    Ya--

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We'll also be dramatically increasing both the number of Essences required to purchase tokens and the rate at which you gain them in Patch 7.3.5. The overall time investment needed to purchase a token will stay roughly the same, but this will minimize the benefits of stockpiling Essences ahead of time.
    --ay...

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.
    Just how many players have managed to get all their class legendaries for a character, though? And random BoA token is still random. =/
    I have all the mage legendaries. Never 'farmed' for them, but I hardly play any alts. Cleared current raid every week on N/HC (this is where most of them dropped) , emissaries most of the time, but not religiously say like 70%, and I do love to run M+
  1. jefframbo's Avatar
    agreed, honestly this late into the expansion they should let us buy specific legos
  1. Lazzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But he probably can farm essences easier on his main. That Legendary token should be BOA and everyone would be fine with it.



    I think that in this case the main problem are legendaries, not the community. Changing token to BOA instead of BOP wouldn't make a change for you, but maybe for other players.
    Thank you for not simply starting to rant and acting serious and intelligent!

    My whole point is just that the extra token you can get is simply for a random class rather then you being able to chose the class not more not less I don't want to have my ass pumped full of leggos...

Site Navigation