Allied Races - Highmountain Tauren
Bestowed with moose horns by their ancestor Huln, the Highmountain Tauren tribes have united together after pushing the Legion out of their lands. With the threat gone, these Tauren have decided to ally with the Horde and the rest of their kind to fight the Alliance.



Unlocking the Highmountain Tauren
To unlock the ability to make a Highmountain Tauren, the following achievements must be completed on one character on your account. Once done, you can make a Highmountain Tauren on any server that you have a 110 character provided you have purchased Battle for Azeroth.




Classes
The Highmountain Tauren Allied Race can be any of these classes:

  • Druid
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Shaman
  • Warrior


Racials
The Highmountain Tauren racial abilities give you damage reduction, increased mining, increased versatility, a knockdown, and a chance to loot more meat and fish.




Mounts
The Highmountain Tauren racial mount is the Highmountain Thunderhoof. It is usable by all Horde races upon completion of Allied Races: Highmountain Tauren.

I'm a moose riding a moose, your argument is invalid.




Heritage Armor



Level Type Slot Name Model Viewer
1CosmeticHead Highmountain Headdress
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticShoulders Highmountain Shoulderguards
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticChest Highmountain Harness
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticWaist Highmountain Girdle
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticLegs Highmountain Leggings
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticFeet Highmountain Boots
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticWrists Highmountain Bracers
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticHands Highmountain Gloves
 Modelviewer


Cinematics
The Highmountain Tauren have an intro cinematic upon creation:



Jokes, Flirts, and VO
You can hear the Highmountain Tauren Allied Race Jokes, Flirts, and other VO in the video below.



Customization
The Highmountain Tauren offer a variety of faces, hairstyles, skin colors, antler customization, and tattoo options. You can view them all in the screenshots and modelviewer below.




Faces



Hairstyles



Skin Colors



Antlers



Antler Tattoos



Tattoos



Druid Forms and Totems









This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races - Highmountain Tauren Preview started by chaud View original post
Comments 77 Comments
  1. baseballfan's Avatar
    Where are the body/face tattoos? am i just missing them here?
  1. Phookah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Highest Tier guilds, those after world first where the most minute of detail matters, probably... for every other regular person, don't be daft.
    Probably why they specified "world first guilds will be 100% allied races".

    lol @ HM tauren racial. No way that goes live.
  1. mmoc43c2267131's Avatar
    Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 1.8% of stamina.

    This seems incredibly broken against dot classes/encounters.

    If im not mistaken, if the dots of a warlock do 4% each tick of your total health this will eat 1.8% away so they only do 2.2% (40% reduction) damage.

    Or do i miss something here?

    Edit: ah stamina not max hp, now i get it, however it will still be much better against dots/low damage abilitys..
  1. Donald Hellscream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 1.8% of stamina.

    This seems incredibly broken against dot classes/encounters.

    If im not mistaken, if the dots of a warlock do 4% each tick of your total health this will eat 1.8% away so they only do 2.2% (40% reduction) damage.

    Or do i miss something here?
    you are mistaken, it just means each tick will have its damaged reduced by whatever 1.8% of the targets stamina is, example if a target has 5000 stamina the damage reduction would be 90 damage.
  1. mmocbeba583bd0's Avatar
    No rogues
  1. Flyinghawk's Avatar
    dunno, it doesn' appear too op to me. I mean, the best geared players have 100k stam atm, so a HM tauren would get hit 2k less on every attack...
    I mean sure, it adds up over the course of a fight, or raid, or tier, but realistically it won't make or break an encounter. The 1% versa does more tbh.
  1. Donald Hellscream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinghawk View Post
    dunno, it doesn' appear too op to me. I mean, the best geared players have 100k stam atm, so a HM tauren would get hit 2k less on every attack...
    I mean sure, it adds up over the course of a fight, or raid, or tier, but realistically it won't make or break an encounter. The 1% versa does more tbh.
    Yeah 2k damage is hardly the difference between surviving a killing blow and not surviving except for extreme and rare cases.
  1. ashpwnz555's Avatar
    Why are they trying to fit monk class to every allied race?
  1. kiramon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Where’s the guy that normally voices the race intros. It almost seems odd hearing a different voice lol
    He passed away a few years ago
  1. mmoc327e1ca57c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpwnz555 View Post
    Why are they trying to fit monk class to every allied race?
    Cuz monks are a neutral class that has no major affiliation to any sort of magic or faction etc. Everyone can be trained in the way of the monk my dude. We are zen as fuck.
  1. mmoc43c2267131's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yeah 2k damage is hardly the difference between surviving a killing blow and not surviving except for extreme and rare cases.
    Yeah but it is way stronger against dots and fast hitting classes or encounters.

    an arms warrior laughs about the 2k reduction while he crits you for 2+ million.

    an affliction warlock or spriest suffer way more.

    thats what i dislike here :/
  1. lummiuster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    If I was in a mythic guild that wanted to bench me because of my race choice I would happily leave lol.
    seriously there might be max 2-3 asian guilds that would ask for such thing. I raided mythic since it came out with multiple guilds and we've never been told to play meta or stay on bench. (btw the guilds i was in were not the best but not bad either). These people are just inventing reasons to qq.
  1. PuppetShowJustice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpwnz555 View Post
    Why are they trying to fit monk class to every allied race?
    I wish. Lightforged Monk was what I wanted to be.
  1. MatadorMedia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpwnz555 View Post
    Why are they trying to fit monk class to every allied race?
    Monks are the least played class BY FAR it's not even close. They trying to get people to play them.
  1. Reek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Monks are the least played class BY FAR it's not even close. They trying to get people to play them.
    Probably because they have 850 abilities, it's super overwhelming. I tried out a monk and just way too much to deal with.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    I hope they keep the journal entry for the Highmountain racial mount. xD
  1. Mr Coo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Do you need a horde 110 with the two reqs to make one or is having an alliance char with the req enough to make a horde highmountain char.
    Afaik, you just need a toon with the reps. You just need a max level horde to do the quests at the embassy.
  1. SethRoguen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Yeah but it is way stronger against dots and fast hitting classes or encounters.

    an arms warrior laughs about the 2k reduction while he crits you for 2+ million.

    an affliction warlock or spriest suffer way more.

    thats what i dislike here :/

    With the coming stat squish, how much stamina are we going to have? A couple thousand? 1.8% of that is barely noticable.
  1. therealbowser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    Why does it seem so obvious that Ion might announce Pre-orders and direct access to Allied Races with these MMO-Allied Races-posts tomorrow?
    Because they probably are going to. The timing would be perfect on a number of levels.
  1. MatadorMedia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    Probably because they have 850 abilities, it's super overwhelming. I tried out a monk and just way too much to deal with.
    I agree on the tanking and healing specs; I'm totally lost on those. WindWalker is fun, though. It used to be easier until their Mastery became "don't press the same button twice in a row" and that makes WW overly complex to process; if that was gone, WW would be better. And I do wish Fistweaving didn't go away from healing spec.

Site Navigation