Allied Races - Dark Iron Dwarves
Led by Magni Bronzebeard’s daughter Moira Thauissan, the Dark Iron Dwarves are known for their dark skin and fiery features. The clan has resided mostly in the Blackrock Mountains until the death of their previous ruler, Dagran Thaurissan.Their relationship with the Alliance has been rocky at best, but with Moira joining Ironforge’s Council of Three Hammers, the Dark Iron Clan is slowly finding a place within its ranks.



Unlocking the Dark Iron Dwarves
To unlock the ability to make a Dark Iron Dwarf, the following achievements must be completed on one character on your account. Once done, you can make a Dark Iron Dwarf on any server that you have a 110 character provided you have purchased Battle for Azeroth.




Classes
The Dark Iron Dwarves Allied Race can be any of these classes:

  • Hunter
  • Mage
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Shaman
  • Warlock
  • Warrior


Racials


  • Dungeon Delver - While indoors, move 4% faster.
  • Fireblood - Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and increases your primary stat by 100 for each effect removed. Lasts 8 sec. Instant. 2 min cooldown.
  • Forged in Flames - Reduces damage taken from Physical attacks by 1%.
  • Mass Production - Items crafted by Blacksmithing are created twice as quickly.
  • Mole Machine - While outdoors, summon a Mole Machine that tunnels through the earth. 3 sec cast. 30 min cooldown.


Mounts
The Dark Iron Core Hound is the Dark Iron Dwarves Racial Mount. It is usable by all Alliance characters once you unlock the Dark Iron Dwarves Allied Race.




Heritage Armor


LevelTypeSlotNameModel Viewer
1CosmeticHeadDark Iron Helm
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticShouldersDark Iron Pauldrons
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticChestDark Iron Mantle
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticWaistDark Iron Belt
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticLegsDark Iron Leggings
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticFeetDark Iron Boots
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticWristsDark Iron Bracers
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticHandsDark Iron Gloves
 Modelviewer



Jokes, Flirts, and VO
You can hear the Dark Iron Dwarf Allied Race Jokes, Flirts, and other VO in the video below.






Customization
The Dark Iron Dwarves offer a variety of faces, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors and other options. You can view them all in the screenshots and modelviewer below.




Faces




Facial Hair




Hairstyles




Hair Colors




Skin Colors



Earrings and Nose Rings



Tattoos

This article was originally published in forum thread: Dark Iron Dwarf Customization started by chaud View original post
Comments 110 Comments
  1. Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Atleast the faces look a bit different from one another.. unlike the Zandalari. So thats "good".
  1. Phoenixphire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    Atleast the faces look a bit different from one another.. unlike the Zandalari. So thats "good".

    Racials are a bit meh too..

    New Racials

    Dungeon Delver: While indoors, move 4% faster.
    Fireblood: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and increases your primary stat by 100 for each effect removed. Lasts 8 sec. 2 min cooldown.
    Forged in Flames: Reduces damage taken from Physical attacks by 1%.
    Mole Machine: While outdoors, summon a Mole Machine that tunnels through the earth. 30 min cooldown.
    Mass Production: Items crafted by Blacksmithing are created twice as quickly.
  1. Sainur's Avatar
    Finally !! They saved the best race for last, really looking forward to them. Fucking lost my shit at that night elf roast.
  1. MatadorMedia's Avatar
    I bet the racial mount is a molten slag Ram. That would be dope.
  1. PraisCthulhu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixphire View Post
    Racials are a bit meh too..

    New Racials

    Dungeon Delver: While indoors, move 4% faster.
    Fireblood: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and increases your primary stat by 100 for each effect removed. Lasts 8 sec. 2 min cooldown.
    Forged in Flames: Reduces damage taken from Physical attacks by 1%.
    Mole Machine: While outdoors, summon a Mole Machine that tunnels through the earth. 30 min cooldown.
    Mass Production: Items crafted by Blacksmithing are created twice as quickly.
    Fireblood sounds great for a tank.
  1. TheTaurenOrc's Avatar
    Fingers crossed for Shaman Dark Iron Dwarfs; I mean they have to right?
  1. mmoc860fcb4d54's Avatar
    I can't see the link between dark iron dwarves and BFA story

    This is a race that have been almost exterminated by its own kin long ago and we still fighting them in the WoW story

    Plus, all the current dwarves players are not affiliated with any clan, so why it would be dark iron dwarves players ? Shadowforge City will be a new capital city ? ...
  1. mmocbde5966b18's Avatar
    It would make sense to unlock the Dark Irons by having the Blackrock Depths dungeon achievement completed.
  1. Nefarious Tea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    I don't see the Fire beard. I remember hearing when announced they were gonna have an option similar to Odyns beard
    It's really hard to tell in the screenshots, but their beards (and hair) are indeed on fire in several customization options, just like Void Elves and the void. But I mean, Odyn's beard looks absolutely TERRIBLE; it looks neither like fire nor beard. Why would you want it on your character?
  1. A dot Ham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    the males look pretty rad. not a fan of the females though.
    Has anyone ever been a fan of female dwarves... in WoW or otherwise?
  1. Rukario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    I can't see the link between dark iron dwarves and BFA story

    This is a race that have been almost exterminated by its own kin long ago and we still fighting them in the WoW story

    Plus, all the current dwarves players are not affiliated with any clan, so why it would be dark iron dwarves players ? Shadowforge City will be a new capital city ? ...
    Dude...have you been living under a rock?
  1. Softbottom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Has anyone ever been a fan of female dwarves... in WoW or otherwise?
    I made a female dorf pali as a joke once
  1. A dot Ham's Avatar
    If I can't be a shaman I might cry!
  1. mmoc860fcb4d54's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Dude...have you been living under a rock?
    As an alliance player, I know there are some kind of ambassy stuff in ironforge involving dark iron yeah, but nothing more, they still are enemies in searing and blackrock
  1. DefaultGamer1101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    I can't see the link between dark iron dwarves and BFA story

    This is a race that have been almost exterminated by its own kin long ago and we still fighting them in the WoW story

    Plus, all the current dwarves players are not affiliated with any clan, so why it would be dark iron dwarves players ? Shadowforge City will be a new capital city ? ...
    Are you serious? Player dwarves are part of the Bronzebeard Clan... it's been that way since Classic WoW. There are three major clans, Bronzebeard, Wildhammer and Dark Iron.
  1. mmoc860fcb4d54's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGamer1101 View Post
    Are you serious? Player dwarves are part of the Bronzebeard Clan... it's been that way since Classic WoW. There are three major clans, Bronzebeard, Wildhammer and Dark Iron.
    Yeah I read this in the wow chronicle tome 1, but I never rolled a dwarf or got interested in their story before, except for the dark iron a lil bit

    But I mean, horde gets Zandalari who are living in the new islands of the expansion and alliance recruits some old enemies that we've been killin for 10 years, no sense

    At least give us kul tiras people with fat and skinny human, yeah more human in the alliance
  1. Bormec's Avatar
    So Fireblood + Forged in Flame is just a much, much better version of Stoneform. That seems fair....
  1. Laylriana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I feel the Alliance got shafted again... Cmon Blizz Give us Alliance a Decent race instead of a reskin of a current race ffs the Horde are getting STANDING Orcs and Upright Trolls they alrdy have 2 up on us with having Nightbourne looking decent over Void Elves.
    I like the void elves and am leveling one now to get the heritage armor. Love it when she turns void during fights. Will be making a horde Nightborne also. Will probably skip Highmountain Tauren and Light-forged Draenei.
  1. ONCHEhap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    So Fireblood + Forged in Flame is just a much, much better version of Stoneform. That seems fair....
    Without diminishing returns,it could go very far too

    On a boss like Imonar mythic,a DI dwarf could just pick up all mines in the last phase,remove the 15-20 bleed debuffs,meaning they cleared all the space with no drawbacks,while getting a massive damage increase
  1. DefaultGamer1101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    Yeah I read this in the wow chronicle tome 1, but I never rolled a dwarf or got interested in their story before, except for the dark iron a lil bit

    But I mean, horde gets Zandalari who are living in the new islands of the expansion and alliance recruits some old enemies that we've been killin for 10 years, no sense

    At least give us kul tiras people with fat and skinny human, yeah more human in the alliance
    You're either have literally know understanding of ANY of the lore in this game or are one masterful troll. You claim it makes no sense for the Dark Iron to be with the alliance because they're "old enemies" but you don't seem to understand that the Dark Iron dwarf's Queen is literally part of the Council of the Three Hammers that is literally part of the Alliance now. The Dark Iron becoming playable is just a formality at this point and soon I'm sure they'll do the same with the Wildhammer. Also going back to the old enemies comment, you clearly don't get that the Zandalari trolls absolutely hate the Dark Spear Trolls which are the tribe that is currently affiliated with the Horde, so just because they're old enemies doesn't mean anything. The quest chains will explain why.

    Most likely the quest chain for the Dark Iron will be helping Queen-Regent Moira deal with the Dark Iron civil war that has been going on since the death of Emperor Dagran Thaurissan (her late husband). There are still a ton of Dark Irons who don't like the fact that she allied with the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer dwarfs. Honestly it makes MORE sense for the Dark Iron to become playable than the Zandalari. As Horde we're going to have to do something pretty damn major in order to get the Zandalari to play nice with the Dark Spear.

Site Navigation