Patch 8.3 - Visions of N'Zoth Horde Allied Race - Vulpera
Vulpera are cunning nomadic scavengers capable of turning what they find into opportunities to thrive. Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol’dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure. The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.




Unlocking the Vulpera
To unlock the ability to make a Vulpera, the following achievements must be completed on one character on your account. Once done, you can make a Vulpera on any server.




Classes
The Vulpera Allied Race can be any of these classes:

  • Death Knight (with pre-purchase of Shadowlands)
  • Warrior
  • Hunter
  • Rogue
  • Priest
  • Shaman
  • Mage
  • Warlock
  • Monk


Racials
The Vulpera racial abilities are as follows:

  • Bag of Tricks - Pull your chosen trick from the bag and use it on target enemy or ally. Enemies take [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] damage, while allies are healed for [ Greater of {270% of Spell Power} or {270% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ].
  • Rummage Your Bag - Change your chosen tricks. Now where did you put that? 5 sec cast. 5 min cooldown
  • Make Camp - Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors. 5 sec cast. 10 minute cooldown.
  • Return to Camp - Return to your camp. 10 sec cast. 1 hour cooldown
  • Fire Resistance - Reduces fire damage taken by 1%
  • Nose For Trouble - When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
  • Alpaca Saddlebags - Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.

When you cast Rummage Your Bag, a small sack will appear in front of you and allow you to customize your Bag of Tricks spell. Based on the flavor text provided upon clicking it, it is clear that this racial will have options to discover to customize the spell further in a manner similar to how the Dark Iron Dwarf Mole Machine racial was able to discover more locations to travel.

Upon creating a Vulpera, they have two different options for Rummage Your Bag to choose from:

  • Corrosive Vial - Splash your enemy with corrosive fluid, dealing [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature damage. A good reason not to drop your bag!
  • Healing Vial - Heals a friend for [ Greater of {270% of Spell Power} or {270% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature. Share the wealth!






Mounts
The Vulpera racial mount is the Caravan Hyena. It is usable by all Horde races upon completion of Allied Races: Vulpera.




Heritage Armor
If you level a Vulpera to 110 without a boost, you will be awarded with Heritage of the Vulpera, which grants the heritage armor below.


LevelTypeSlotNameModel Viewer
1CosmeticHeadVulpera Heritage Shawl
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticShouldersVulpera Heritage Shoulderpads
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticChestVulpera Heritage Vest
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticWaistVulpera Heritage Utility Belt
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticLegsVulpera Heritage Legguards
 Modelviewer
1CosmeticFeetVulpera Heritage Footwraps
1CosmeticWristsVulpera Heritage Wristwraps
1CosmeticHandsVulpera Heritage Handgrips
 Modelviewer
1BackBackVulpera Heritage Rucksack
 Modelviewer



Customization
The Vulpera offer a variety of faces, ears, markings, skin colors and snouts. You can view them all in the screenshots below.


Faces




Ears




Markings




Snouts




Skin Colors




Vulpera Totems

This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Azeroth New Races - Vulpera Preview started by chaud View original post
Comments 525 Comments
  1. Hugh Wattmate's Avatar
    All i can think of when i see these guys is that StarFox game
  1. Mumba's Avatar
    Suddenly I'm not ashamed anymore for having mained a pandaren for a whole expansion.
  1. markos82's Avatar
    Lets make more allied races but ignore moonkin for for close to 7 years now...
  1. Xofa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    None of those look anything like vulpera, they aren't even foxes. Hell, the article you listed even includes tauren, so I guess going by your logic, tauren look more like something from a Korean MMO than vulpera
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around. If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir

    All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way! Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!

    Jesus fucking christ man :O
  1. MrTophat's Avatar
    For all those people who thought Worgen pack guilds weren't cancerous enough as it is.
  1. mmoc21cc5f7f2a's Avatar
    These are bloody wicked So hope we can play them
  1. RangerDaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Oh damn....

    Depending on what the balance form for kul tiran druids looks like, you might be able to make a groot companion for him
    Nice comparsion! didn't remember that lol

    I have a feeling they are going into different factions...

    They can pvp with each other though!

    Or you can bring a Groot-like battle Pet (Groot's size of the second movie) with you at all time
  1. Pebble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around. If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir

    All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way! Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!

    Jesus fucking christ man :O
    None of the races you just listed look anything like Vulpera. Not even a little bit.

    Why so angry?
  1. Shambulanced's Avatar
    Blizz: We should really introduce more allied races. Player engagement is way up with them.
    Players since Vanilla: OGRES!!
    Players since BC: Hey, you know what would be cool, Ethereals that could either go Horde or Alliance, or even *truly neutral*. Naga could also work.
    Players since Wrath: Tuskarr and Traunka would be cool. Mechagnomes/stonedwarves?
    Players since Cata: How about Ramkahen?
    Players since MoP: Jinyu and Hozen are already allied--they'd be a perfect addition
    Players since W-- THIS EXPANSION NEVER EXISTED

    Blizz: Nah fam, we got this. *Makes smol furry race based off goblin skin that has never been mentioned before in wow lore*
    Players: ......???? Who the heck wanted this?

    >In a shadowy corner, a man in a fursuit grins. "Fools."
  1. Aeula's Avatar
    If they become playable I say we boycott all Vulpera players by denying them when they ask to join groups and refusing to heal them in LFD/LFR.
  1. Bethanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I would love to see a pvp duel between a gnome and a vulpera.
    Which is why they absolutely must be a Horde race

    Actually, forget about pvp duels, I want to see an Alterac Valley battle with only Gnomes and Vulpera allowed.
  1. tyrlaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Nice comparsion! didn't remember that lol

    I have a feeling they are going into different factions...

    They can pvp with each other though!

    Or you can bring a Groot-like battle Pet (Groot's size of the second movie) with you at all time!
    Hm true, since Vulpera seem to be horde-bound. Well, like you say, they'll always have pvp lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If they become playable I say we boycott all Vulpera players by denying them when they ask to join groups and refusing to heal them in LFD/LFR.
    This may actually be more juvenile than quitting the game if vulpera become playable. Bravo.
  1. mmoc2b606a4969's Avatar
    Dont understand why they dont tell us that they become an Allied Race.
    I would actually be pretty upset if they dont when they put this amount of dev time into just and NPC race.
  1. Big Mama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Suddenly I'm not ashamed anymore for having mained a pandaren for a whole expansion.
    Why would you do that if you were ashamed all along?
  1. Xofa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    None of the races you just listed look anything like Vulpera. Not even a little bit.

    Why so angry?
    They fit the SAME category of stupid ass Korean character.. Look with your own eyes?!
  1. orukam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Kinda. Their true form is not an actual human kid, but a gnome.
    Popori - from TERA
    download.enmasse.com/images/tera/race-class/racepage/race_Highlight_Popori.png

    farm8.static.flickr.com/7051/6783420504_92aabcb3a4_b.jpg

    images.mmorpg.com/features/7174/images/Tourist1.jpg
  1. mingarrubia's Avatar
    This game is officially a joke now.
  1. Techno-Druid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around.
    Pandaren are unique among MMORPG races and so what? I would like you to go toe to toe with a giant panda in the wild and see how it ends, because clearly if you think giant pandas are unlike every other bear species then I've got news for you.
    If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir
    And none of those are like vulpera.
    All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way!
    In your subjective opinion, I for one think having a race of gray recolored draenei and fat humans is stupid. I, however, accept that there are those who want to play them.

    Also, Skyrim, suck? Lol.

    Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!
    I guarantee these vulpera models have had more work put into them than any of the existing allied races outside of Zandalari and maybe Nightborne.
  1. Pebble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If they become playable I say we boycott all Vulpera players by denying them when they ask to join groups and refusing to heal them in LFD/LFR.
    If a race of fox-people is really so threatening to you I dare say there may be something else going on... maybe talk to someone about that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    They fit the SAME category of stupid ass Korean character.. Look with your own eyes?!
    Anthropomorphic races are a fantasy staple. It has nothing to do with Korea.
  1. Gorsameth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around. If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir

    All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way! Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!

    Jesus fucking christ man :O
    Your aware there was a Panderan in WC3 right?

Site Navigation