Midsummer Fire Festival Runs from June 21st through July 5th

Mage Tower Still Active
The Mage Tower is still active after it's usual end time, meaning it is possible it is now permanently active. The date was not provided in the recent announcement.

Players are also reporting receiving Summons to Stormwind / Summons to Orgrimmar on characters that haven't killed Argus.



Greater Invasion Boss - Mistress Alluradel
Mistress Alluradel is up this week, rewarding item level 930 loot!


Level Type Slot Name Model Viewer
930ClothHead Mesmerizing Soul Hood
 Modelviewer
930ClothShoulders Accursed Defiler's Mantle
 Modelviewer
930ClothFeet Nefarious Light-Step Slippers
 Modelviewer
930LeatherShoulders Fel-Spike Shoulderpads
 Modelviewer
930LeatherWaist Cinch of Detestable Guile
 Modelviewer
930LeatherLegs Leggings of Heinous Acts
 Modelviewer
930MailChest Enthralling Chain Armor
 Modelviewer
930MailWaist Waistguard of Devilish Deeds
 Modelviewer
930MailWrists Poison-Barbed Bracers
 Modelviewer
930PlateShoulders Spaulders of Vile Determination
 Modelviewer
930PlateChest Breastplate of Terminal End
 Modelviewer
930PlateFeet Soul Crushing Stompers
 Modelviewer
930Blood Relic Scourge of Perverse Desire
930Fire Relic Fel Mistress' Brand



World Boss - Ana-Mouz
This week's world boss is Ana-Mouz in Suramar!



Weekly Bonus Event - Arena Skirmishes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Sharpen your swords and reinforce your boards, because you’re called to the PvP Arena for the hectic mayhem of Skirmishes.

This Week: Arena Skirmishes
All week, from anywhere in Azeroth, open the Group Finder (default hotkey: i), select the Player vs. Player tab on the bottom of the window, and then under Arena Battles, choose either 2v2 or 3v3 and JOIN BATTLE. You’ll be matched up with teammates and provided with opponents to kill in the Arena.

Look for the following all week long:

  • Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you.
    • Quest requirement: Win 10 Arena PvP Skirmishes
    • Reward: A PvP loot box
  • Passive buff: +50% honor gains from Skirmishes

If you’ve been looking to make some Honor gains, this is the week to do it!

Brawl - Packed House
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve put more PvP in your PvP! In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle
This article was originally published in forum thread: Mage Tower Still Active, Mistress Alluradel, Ana-Mouz, Arena Skirmish Event, Brawl started by chaud View original post
Comments 27 Comments
  1. Clozer's Avatar
    Well, eu mage tower is down.
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Well there we have it, 3 weeks until pre patch.
  1. Dakhath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Well, eu mage tower is down.
    You haven't had maintenance yet either.
  1. Pakheth's Avatar
    Oh by the gods, please let it be active after maintenance tomorrow for us EU folks!
  1. Turaska's Avatar
    Mage tower permanently active, time to rage on multiple characters that don't have key legendaries to carry them through the tower fights!
  1. Beardedfreak's Avatar
    The sacrificing our Artifact Weapons quest is live too.
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    The sacrificing our Artifact Weapons quest is live too.
    I wasn’t even paying attention, but is this a nerf to Antorus? My artifact jumped to level 126 but I wasn’t paying attention to see if the agi gain actually changed.
  1. Ookami.kun's Avatar
    If the US Mage Tower is still active, are you able to contribute to the "building" of it, or has that been turned off since it looks to be up permanently? I have an alt that is 40/50 contributions and I'd like to finish the achievement.
  1. Eternal-bany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    The sacrificing our Artifact Weapons quest is live too.
    can you not do it and keep the artifact? lol
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I wasn’t even paying attention, but is this a nerf to Antorus? My artifact jumped to level 126 but I wasn’t paying attention to see if the agi gain actually changed.
    If anything, it's rather direct nerf to Mage Tower. I don't think anyone care about Antorus 2 or 3 weeks before pre-patch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ookami.kun View Post
    If the US Mage Tower is still active, are you able to contribute to the "building" of it, or has that been turned off since it looks to be up permanently? I have an alt that is 40/50 contributions and I'd like to finish the achievement.
    On PTR Broken Shore building system still exist. Even if you can't contribute to MT now, it will likely get destroyed at the start of 8.0. Of course they will have to increase % from your contribution A LOT, since there is very little reason to do it after Legion (achievements, transmog from world bosses, pet from paragon mount, questline to craft legendary for collectors, I think that's about it).
  1. Yot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ookami.kun View Post
    If the US Mage Tower is still active, are you able to contribute to the "building" of it, or has that been turned off since it looks to be up permanently? I have an alt that is 40/50 contributions and I'd like to finish the achievement.
    If you can't I imagine the mage tower won't be going away come BfA (just the transmog from challenges) so you might have to wait till launch to continue contributions.
  1. tyrlaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Mage tower permanently active, time to rage on multiple characters that don't have key legendaries to carry them through the tower fights!
    Lol was thinking the same

    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    The sacrificing our Artifact Weapons quest is live too.
    TBH, this seems unlikely. Pretty sure this is part of the pre-patch. Can anyone else confirm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal-bany View Post
    can you not do it and keep the artifact? lol
    Nope. Once the quest is available to sacrifice your artifact, your artifacts lose all their nifty abilities, regardless of when you get around to doing the quest.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Lol was thinking the same



    TBH, this seems unlikely. Pretty sure this is part of the pre-patch. Can anyone else confirm?



    Nope. Once the quest is available to sacrifice your artifact, your artifacts lose all their nifty abilities, regardless of when you get around to doing the quest.
    I speculated in last few weeks that this quest will come before pre-patch, just like Magni "Azeroth warning" quest was tested on 7.3 PTR, but live few weeks before Argus. It doesn't make sense to "wake up" in 8.0 with artifact traits already burned out and message "this artifact power was used to stabilize Azeroth wound" before you do quest in Silithus.

    And in 7.3.5 PTR there was some "unstable artifact" effect. So it should be like this - do quest-> artifact become unstable if you do it -> on pre-patch days all traits will be burned out, even if you don't complete quest.
  1. leviathonlx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Lol was thinking the same



    TBH, this seems unlikely. Pretty sure this is part of the pre-patch. Can anyone else confirm?



    Nope. Once the quest is available to sacrifice your artifact, your artifacts lose all their nifty abilities, regardless of when you get around to doing the quest.
    Traits go away with the prepatch not the quest for obvious balancing reasons.
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If anything, it's rather direct nerf to Mage Tower. I don't think anyone care about Antorus 2 or 3 weeks before pre-patch.



    On PTR Broken Shore building system still exist. Even if you can't contribute to MT now, it will likely get destroyed at the start of 8.0. Of course they will have to increase % from your contribution A LOT, since there is very little reason to do it after Legion (achievements, transmog from world bosses, pet from paragon mount, questline to craft legendary for collectors, I think that's about it).
    It’s a nerf to everything now. Just tested it out and it does act as if your weapon is at lvl 126 with the appropriate buff.
    As far as Antorus, there are still groups attempting to clear. If you want to look down on them that’s your business but not everyone is capable to clear at the same level of skill.
  1. tyrlaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I speculated in last few weeks that this quest will come before pre-patch, just like Magni "Azeroth warning" quest was tested on 7.3 PTR, but live few weeks before Argus. It doesn't make sense to "wake up" in 8.0 with artifact traits already burned out and message "this artifact power was used to stabilize Azeroth wound" before you do quest in Silithus.

    And in 7.3.5 PTR there was some "unstable artifact" effect. So it should be like this - do quest-> artifact become unstable if you do it -> on pre-patch days all traits will be burned out, even if you don't complete quest.
    Interesting theory. I could see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Traits go away with the prepatch not the quest for obvious balancing reasons.
    Aye, that's what I was trying to say, coupled with my (now not as sure) belief that the quest appears when the prepatch hits.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s a nerf to everything now. Just tested it out and it does act as if your weapon is at lvl 126 with the appropriate buff.
    As far as Antorus, there are still groups attempting to clear. If you want to look down on them that’s your business but not everyone is capable to clear at the same level of skill.
    Looking down? I just think more people cares about - at this moment (when time is running out - it's probably just 2 weeks!) Mage Tower (soon unobtainable cool transmog) - than Antorus (achievement - ok there is also mount for heroic version, but I think most people either done it already or bought a boost for gold). Of course nerf affect everything, but I believe they applied this with Mage Tower in mind - so people don't have to farm world quest for AP and focus on challenge.
  1. TwoShoedLou's Avatar
    Sneaky. Yup, little bit ago it was saying 2 hours until it was destroyed, now it just says active. Thank goodness. There was grumblings that they weren't going to follow through with what they said on the forums. I was kind of preparing for the worst case scenario anyway.

    Now it looks like I can beat my head against the prot warrior challenge indefinitely until prepatch, woot.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoShoedLou View Post
    Sneaky. Yup, little bit ago it was saying 2 hours until it was destroyed, now it just says active. Thank goodness. There was grumblings that they weren't going to follow through with what they said on the forums. I was kind of preparing for the worst case scenario anyway.

    Now it looks like I can beat my head against the prot warrior challenge indefinitely until prepatch, woot.
    I guess now people will focus on "not having right lego" as justification for not doing challenge, unless Blizzard handed them out too ;P.
  1. Bjoramier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Nope. Once the quest is available to sacrifice your artifact, your artifacts lose all their nifty abilities, regardless of when you get around to doing the quest.
    Just did the quest and i still have it, unlocked every trait and is rapidly gaining AP numbers like it was datamined months ago, i guess when the prepatch hits that's when they will be disabled.

Site Navigation