What is Being Removed in Battle for Azeroth
With the launch of each new expansion there are certain items, achievements, and mounts which become unobtainable. Here is a quick rundown of things you might want to get done in the next couple of days!

Achievements
Antorus the Burning Throne
A lot of the achievements being removed revolve around raiding. As always, with the launch of a new raid tier or new expansion, Ahead of the Curve for defeating the final boss on Heroic, and Cutting Edge for defeating Argus on Mythic are being removed.


The Antoran Charhound is remaining as is, but the Shackled Ur'zul that drops from Mythic Argus, and the Fiendish Hellfire Core that drops from Mythic Gul'dan will have its drop rate drastically reduced after Battle for Azeroth is live.


It is believed that the Kirin Tor Summoning Crystal, which awards the Violet Spellwing mount, will no longer be obtainable after the launch of Battle for Azeroth. You can obtain this mount from defeating Heroic Argus the Unmaker and doing the quick quest Blood of a Titan from Blood of the Unmaker looted from the body.



Trial of Valor
The Chosen Achievement in the Trial of Valor is being removed, and along with it the title will no longer be obtainable. While this is one of the more difficult achievements to obtain, there are some weekly pug groups who can defeat it successfully. This achievement requires you to complete Mythic Trial of Valor without dying to any of the bosses with the Test of the Chosen buff. You receive a Mythic colored transmog appearance for the Trial of Valor transmogs on top of the title for completing this achievement.



Professions
In the Professions category, all of the First Aid achievements are being moved to the Legacy section. Because of the removal of this profession, it is very likely that all of the achievements that involve it will also be unobtainable. Most of these are currently easily obtainable, however the Field Medic might take some time to complete.




PvP
In PvP there are two large PvP instances as well as some transmog items being removed. The Legion Elite sets will no longer be obtainable after the last arena season ends. If your character did reach the needed arena rating, you will still be able to purchase the set later.


Strand of the Ancients and Ashran are also being retired along with all of their achievements. Some of these may see a return at a later date if the battlegrounds return in a special category of battlegrounds.



Artifact Appearance
Most Artifact appearances will remain available for collection after patch 8.0. Currently, the only appearance which needs to be completed before that is the base appearance of the Mage Tower Challenge. As long as the base appearance is unlocked prior to the prepatch you will still be able to obtain the different color of the weapon. The Mage Tower is permanently available until Patch 8.0 is live to give players a chance to complete all of the ones that they desire to obtain.





Brawler’s Guild
The Brawler’s Guild, along with the rewards and bosses, will likely be retiring for a set time when Battle for Azeroth launches. If you want to experience some interesting solo content, the Brawler’s Guild has some engaging challenges. After obtaining an invitation you can participate in your faction's capital city. The rewards will most likely be available again if the Brawler's Guild continues as it has in the past couple of expansions.



Pet Battle Charms
Current pet charms are being converted into Shiny Pet Charm in the prepatch and will now only be used to purchase pets from Legion and Warlords content. You might want to stock up on Ultimate Battle-Training Stone now as Battle for Azeroth will introduce a new pet battle currency called Polished Pet Charm which will be used to purchase any pet battle items in current content.


Order Hall Missions and Items
The prepatch will also do away with your prized 18 hour World Quest auto completion ability for certain classes as well as gold missions from the mission table.


Things That Might be Harder in Battle For Azeroth
This section is dedicated to things that are not necessarily limited to Legion, but you will most likely have an easier time doing them before we move into the next expansion.

Long-Forgotten Hippogryph
Currently all realms are limited to their own realms shard, making it easier to collect all the crystals necessary to obtain the mount. Once the next patch hits, all realms will move to a Cross Realm Zone system, increasing the competition to obtain the mount.



Raiding and Dungeons
The Glory achievements for all of the Legion raids and dungeons will be much more difficult to complete once the new expansion launches. Even though at some point most of them will be soloable, some achievements require multiple players, and finding a group to complete them is much easier while we are still in Legion.

Glory achievement rewards:


Fishing
Legion has fishing pools that are easier to do with a large groups of players. Conjurer Margoss has a fishing pool near Dalaran, and if you fish up enough Drowned Mana, you can purchase lures, bobbers, the Sting Ray Pup companion, and the Brinedeep Bottom-Feeder mount.

The Fisherfriend of the Isles achievement is also quicker to complete in the current patch, because it requires players to fish up special items, similar to Conjurer Margoss, making farming the reputation in large groups much more efficient.



Talon's Vengeance
If you want to collect the Ivory Hawkstrider mount, you might want to start grinding the Talon's Vengeance reputation to obtain the Ivory Feather. This can be done by obtaining the Ivory Feather, which you can use in the Falcosaur and PvP World Quest areas to obtain Marks of Prey that increase your reputation with the faction.

This article was originally published in forum thread: What is Being Removed in Battle for Azeroth started by chaud View original post
Comments 49 Comments
  1. Simca's Avatar
    In particular for Glory achievements, I feel like the achievement for Maiden in Tomb of Sargeras may be ridiculously difficult a couple expansions down the line, when the boss can die accidentally but you need several minutes to complete the fight's achievement (and probably a large group since missing an orb means death).
  1. schwarzkopf's Avatar
    Also being removed (not mentioned anywhere else I can find) : Class hall world question completion abilities (Mage and Warlock at least).
  1. MrExcelion's Avatar
    Use your Pet Charms to buy Rare and Level 25 upgrade stones before prepatch. Post patch, you'll only be able to use them to buy the pets sold for pet charms. There will be a replacement currency in BFA for the new content

    Farming Nalak might be more difficult since he doesn't have the damage reduction staging aura that Sha does. Might get one shot by BFA abilities. But that's a niche thing and we don't know how that will play out.

    One thing that isn't clear to be about War Mode: will we be seeing twice the amount of Voidtalon spawns and the like? (one for a PVP shard and one for PVE)
  1. Reyuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Use your Pet Charms to buy Rare and Level 25 upgrade stones before prepatch. Post patch, you'll only be able to use them to buy the pets sold for pet charms. There will be a replacement currency in BFA for the new content

    Farming Nalak might be more difficult since he doesn't have the damage reduction staging aura that Sha does. Might get one shot by BFA abilities. But that's a niche thing and we don't know how that will play out.

    One thing that isn't clear to be about War Mode: will we be seeing twice the amount of Voidtalon spawns and the like? (one for a PVP shard and one for PVE)
    Holy hell thank you for this info, I have about 3000 sitting in my BOA bank.
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Also being removed (not mentioned anywhere else I can find) : Class hall world question completion abilities (Mage and Warlock at least).
    what makes you say this?
  1. MrExcelion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    what makes you say this?
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/mission-abili...cane-intuition

    This is what the perk is being replaced with for Mages
  1. Exxxa's Avatar
    What about the plaguebat in the prepatch, will it be available after BFA hits or only upcoming weeks?
  1. Potentio's Avatar
    Also being removed: Abilities!

    Let the Battle for Abilities ensue!
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/mission-abili...cane-intuition

    This is what the perk is being replaced with for Mages
    I assume every class w/ insta complete WQ is receiving this (or something similar) instead? thinking of dk/pala/etc
  1. Andonais's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    What about the plaguebat in the prepatch, will it be available after BFA hits or only upcoming weeks?
    Probably only pre-patch
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Holy hell thank you for this info, I have about 3000 sitting in my BOA bank.
    Only learnt of this myself, got 8k charms...
  1. quikbunny's Avatar
    I've done all of the Mage Towers, 4 x Chosen, Brawlers Guild, Field Medic title and Spellwing mount. Not bothering with the PvP stuff, and the end boss mounts I'll just farm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Also being removed: Abilities!

    Let the Battle for Abilities ensue!
    Dat hyperbole tho.
  1. Tucci's Avatar
    I haven't played seriously since fairly early into Legion. What in the fuck is all this removal of shit? Strand? Ashran? First Aid? My only question is...why? I just don't understand the reasoning here. Even if people aren't playing these things or using first aid very much, they still have the option. I see no reason to outright remove it. What's always made WoW so great was the incredible amount of choice you had in the game. It gives you a certain sense of freedom that you're taking away when you remove things that have been there forever. If (when) I come back to play, I want to be able to go do what I did years ago or finish doing what I started years ago if I feel like it.

    I'm not completely devastated by these losses, I just don't understand it and I'm more concerned about the future and if this will become a common thing. I will miss SoTA (even though it was a bitch to complete the meta for Battlemaster and this will probably make it much easier) and first aid's been around for longer than some players have been alive. I still remember having to go do the quests for the manuals and stuff like up in Arathi Highlands, lol. Bandages have given me the edge and saved me from a gank more than once.
  1. Marrilaife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Also being removed (not mentioned anywhere else I can find) : Class hall world question completion abilities (Mage and Warlock at least).
    It's all 6 of them gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    what makes you say this?
    Checking on beta... Last time I checked lock / warrior got 15% success chance on missions with minions, dk, pala and mage got "get 100 order resources when completing WQ with a combat ally" and DH was bugged (trait wasn't replaced, but the crystal was greyed out and the npc for fel cannon couldn't be talked to), I expect this to be fixed for live.

    Also most sources of gold are either nerfed (WQs, combat ally trinkets, paragon caches) or outright cut (gold missions). Expected tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Bandages have given me the edge and saved me from a gank more than once.
    Bandages are still there, they're moved to tailoring. Anti venoms are moved to alchemy.
  1. Sesshomaru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I assume every class w/ insta complete WQ is receiving this (or something similar) instead? thinking of dk/pala/etc
    Every class with the instant WQ complete item & Order Hall advancement gets removed and replaced with another advancement.
  1. schwarzkopf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's all 6 of them gone.
    Yeah - I could only comment on what I knew
  1. Rioo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I haven't played seriously since fairly early into Legion. What in the fuck is all this removal of shit? Strand? Ashran? First Aid? My only question is...why? I just don't understand the reasoning here. Even if people aren't playing these things or using first aid very much, they still have the option. I see no reason to outright remove it. What's always made WoW so great was the incredible amount of choice you had in the game. It gives you a certain sense of freedom that you're taking away when you remove things that have been there forever. If (when) I come back to play, I want to be able to go do what I did years ago or finish doing what I started years ago if I feel like it.

    I'm not completely devastated by these losses, I just don't understand it and I'm more concerned about the future and if this will become a common thing. I will miss SoTA (even though it was a bitch to complete the meta for Battlemaster and this will probably make it much easier) and first aid's been around for longer than some players have been alive. I still remember having to go do the quests for the manuals and stuff like up in Arathi Highlands, lol. Bandages have given me the edge and saved me from a gank more than once.
    I'm not sure about Ashran, but they're probably removing Strand because it's a terrible BG and a relic from when Blizzard tried to push the vehicle mechanic in WotLK. Their BG pool is quite big now so removing the shitty ones lowers queue time for people. I don't know if this is the case yet but they'll probably start using a rotation like in HotS to lower the queue even more.
  1. Cæli's Avatar
    They should still leave strands of the ancient in game as a brawl at least with different rules if they want for those who like it.
  1. Jasper Kazai's Avatar
    I didn't even know the Talon's Vengeance thing was even a thing. And I have all of the falcosaur pets and mounts. Never seen anyone on that Ivory Hawkstrider. I vaguely remember reading that name being added in the patch notes, but that's it.
  1. Tupolew519's Avatar
    blizzard no. please don't remove strad of the ancients and ashran.

Site Navigation