Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 3, 2018
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
  • Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Unholy
      • The snare effect from Grip of the Dead will now correctly be reapplied to a target standing in your Death and Decay or Defile area if the snare is removed.

  • Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Frost
      • Blizzard damage once again correctly reduces the cooldown of Frozen Orb.

  • Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Outlaw
      • Offhand hits from Killing Spree are no longer able to activate Main Gauche.
    • Subtlety
      • Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel 2-piece and 4-piece bonuses now work properly with the Secret Technique talent.

Creatures and NPCs
  • Witch Lord Morkurk's health lowered by 60%.

Leatherworking
  • Corrected a bug that caused the vendor Misty Merriweather to require an impossibly-high level of Leatherworking for her offerings.

World
  • Talador: Artillery Strike gained from picking the Artillery Tower now properly inflicts damage and stuns like it used to.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
"Old Soldier" Release Timing
...as a result of the very emotional reactions from horde players over the past few days? Can't say for sure, but releasing it in the middle of the night seems suspicious...
We had planned for it to be debuted at Chinajoy months ago (hence why it was late at night in the US), long before you guys ever knew Warbringers were even a thing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Zappiboi
Did you all write the script after Zappyboi became a beloved meme? Or was this just a hilariously awesome coincidence?
I won't tell you who said it internally but someone in leadership at some point did say "Let the Zappi boi memes flow" (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

I think they've said they do things like a year or two in advance for the expansions, so I think it's just a glorious coincidence.

Who knows, though. Their cinematics department could be getting so good at this, they don't need a ton of time anymore to put these together allowing them to capitalize on audience reaction. /shrug

Either way, this cinematic was amazing. I hope this puts a lot of horde players' minds at ease after the Sylvanas video. Blizzard has more in store for us.

So for a serious answer, no. I don't think anyone expected the Zappi Boi thing. In fact when we told people that Zappi Boi posts were the new hotness right after the announcement they were a little confused, "Zappi what?, really?, alright then why not?" I believe was the first response. Nobody expected him to be named that's for sure.

This game has had so many weird memed things before we even used "meme" as a word in this way, so nobody didn't not get it at least. As for the timeline, yes the Saurfang cinematic was being created before you guys ever saw the Battle for Lordaeron cinematic, so we truly had no way to predict it. Just luck? If you want to call it that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 3, Blue Posts started by chaud View original post
Comments 35 Comments
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    Zappyboiii
  1. huldu's Avatar
    "Witch Lord Morkurk's health lowered by 60%." and they continue to dumb the game down. That was probably one of the more challenging things left in the game for a solo player. The fight could take several minutes and required the player to focus. I'm just kidding, that boss was a perfect example of why tripling the health on draenor mobs was a BAD idea. They need to cut the health on mobs in draenor by 40-50%, just like they did in Legion. Level through draenor then go to legion and get shocked to see that mobs lost half their health. That's WoW for ya.
  1. lios's Avatar
    Wth is Zappi Boy? Never heard of it.
  1. Bethrezen's Avatar
    Does the Blizzard cinematics department possess precognition...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    "Witch Lord Morkurk's health lowered by 60%." and they continue to dumb the game down. That was probably one of the more challenging things left in the game for a solo player. The fight could take several minutes and required the player to focus. I'm just kidding, that boss was a perfect example of why tripling the health on draenor mobs was a BAD idea. They need to cut the health on mobs in draenor by 40-50%, just like they did in Legion. Level through draenor then go to legion and get shocked to see that mobs lost half their health. That's WoW for ya.
    Old content gets nerfed in way for the new content. this hasn't changed in 14 years.
  1. Regalbeast's Avatar
    I freaking hate the Horde bias going on right now. Alliance gets one of their capitals burned to the ground, thousands of citizens killed, and its the Horde babies that need their minds “put at ease”. So stupid.
  1. plaits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I freaking hate the Horde bias going on right now. Alliance gets one of their capitals burned to the ground, thousands of citizens killed, and its the Horde babies that need their minds “put at ease”. So stupid.
    You know it wasn't the blue who said that, right? It didn't copy over very well. That was a quoted post, it wasn't Ysithens who said that.
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Why are they wasting time and space to reply to these retarded questions?
  1. AeronPeryton's Avatar
    We had planned for it to be debuted at Chinajoy months ago (hence why it was late at night in the US), long before you guys ever knew Warbringers were even a thing.
    They planned on releasing a cinematic containing a brief flashback showing that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree before Warbringers officially revealed that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree?

    I guess that’s in keeping with releasing the key art showing the same thing way back when, it just feels like Blizzard is dropping story all out of order for no reason.
  1. Ethret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeronPeryton View Post
    They planned on releasing a cinematic containing a brief flashback showing that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree before Warbringers officially revealed that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree?

    I guess that’s in keeping with releasing the key art showing the same thing way back when, it just feels like Blizzard is dropping story all out of order for no reason.
    They made the decision months ago to release it at Chinajoy AND the decision was made before Warbringers were released.
  1. TheRevenantHero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeronPeryton View Post
    They planned on releasing a cinematic containing a brief flashback showing that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree before Warbringers officially revealed that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree?

    I guess that’s in keeping with releasing the key art showing the same thing way back when, it just feels like Blizzard is dropping story all out of order for no reason.
    The more likely scenario is that they're lying to save their ass.
  1. Simca's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeronPeryton View Post
    They planned on releasing a cinematic containing a brief flashback showing that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree before Warbringers officially revealed that Sylvanas did indeed burn down the World Tree?
    They made the decision months ago; Chinajoy was a couple days ago.
  1. Corroc's Avatar
    Why are the blues calling him Zappi boi? Like what the fuck are you talking about?
  1. Ophenia's Avatar
    The simple fact they waste time answering this is astonishing. Like, there is nothing more important than "did you create this cinematic in the rush because there were memes about one troll ????".

    M'okay. Priorities.
  1. Casperite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    They made the decision months ago; Chinajoy was a couple days ago.
    Yes, they made the decision months ago to release it at Chinajoy. They aren't saying Chinajoy was months ago, just the decision of when to release it happened months ago.
  1. NihilSustinet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I freaking hate the Horde bias going on right now. Alliance gets one of their capitals burned to the ground, thousands of citizens killed, and its the Horde babies that need their minds “put at ease”. So stupid.
    you sure are taking the story in an online game pretty seriously.
  1. Planetdune's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Wth is Zappi Boy? Never heard of it.
    Apparently it is that Troll in the cinematic. No idea why he is called Zappi or why that would be funny...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I freaking hate the Horde bias going on right now. Alliance gets one of their capitals burned to the ground, thousands of citizens killed, and its the Horde babies that need their minds “put at ease”. So stupid.
    No worries, you can just talk to the NPC in Darkshore and the tree is back in all its glory. I got all my zones set just as they were in the past... its just how I remember those zones so prefer them that way... also, that big sword is one of the most stupid things I have seen in WoW, it just looks like something from a Japanese cartoon..
  1. arboachg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The simple fact they waste time answering this is astonishing. Like, there is nothing more important than "did you create this cinematic in the rush because there were memes about one troll ????".

    M'okay. Priorities.
    Proof positive that someone will always complain about something.
  1. Jingoism's Avatar
    mankrik's wife for warchief.
  1. splatomat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    you sure are taking the story in an online game pretty seriously.
    You mean like the Horde players who need their "minds put at ease"? Just checking, cuz I don't see you calling that out...
  1. NihilSustinet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    You mean like the Horde players who need their "minds put at ease"? Just checking, cuz I don't see you calling that out...
    them too, probably.

Site Navigation