Hot Buttered Popcorn Toy, Battle.Net Update, WoW Storytelling, DLC #643

Battle for Lordaeron Doesn't Require Battle for Azeroth Pre-Purchase
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
It was previously communicated that you would need to pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth to play the final part of the 8.0 pre-patch event tomorrow, The Siege of Lordaeron, however, this is no longer the case and we have changed it to now be available regardless of prepurchasing the expansion!

I also want to throw out a reminder that you all have a week to go before the pre patch events are removed from the game and as such the mounts, Teldrassil Hippogryph and the Undercity Plaguebat for the Alliance and Horde respectively, will be no longer attainable. So remember to get out to Darkshore and get those done so you don't miss out!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Lordaeron Doesn't Require Battle for Azeroth Pre-Purchase started by chaud View original post
Comments 152 Comments
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Good change. Shouldn't have to own an expansion to see pre patch content.
  1. fishoa's Avatar
    bleeding subs
  1. SimmerRift's Avatar
    Curious, but what does the battle for lordaeron reward?
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    I disagree as it was part of the expansion launch originally and not pre-launch content. Fuck lazy people who didn't bother to buy the new expac.
    And clearly the company making this game doesn't agree with you. Which is a good thing.
  1. AlamarAtMMOC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    I disagree as it was part of the expansion launch originally and not pre-launch content. Fuck lazy people who didn't bother to buy the new expac.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means...
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    bleeding subs
    Yes I'm sure the game is "bleeding subs" because they decided a requirement was idiotic and changed it to benefit players....

    This just proves my point people will use literally anything Blizzard related to go at them with pitchforks. Even if it's a beneficial change.
  1. Druuge's Avatar
    I prepaid for the game anyway so i was playing irregardless.

    Clearly though this is blizz attempts to draw people into BfA after the absolute backlash they got from the Burning of Teldrassil so they want to give players a few more grams of heroin so they want more come August 13/14th.
  1. TheRevenantHero's Avatar
    Battle for Lordaeron was never pre-patch content. It was supposed to be part of BfA and that's why people who pre-purchased were going to get to experience it a week early. It's obvious that the story decisions in War of the Thorns pissed off a lot of people so they made this part of the pre-patch in order to make people happy.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Battle for Lordaeron was never pre-patch content. It was supposed to be part of BfA and that's why people who pre-purchased were going to get to experience it a week early. It's obvious that the story decisions in War of the Thorns pissed off a lot of people so they made this part of the pre-patch in order to make people happy.
    Eh I like what they did with Sylvanas personally. I feel like with the story these days they are pushing it a bit more to the extreme. Although I wonder what this means for the Horde because last time this happened Varian told them if it did again that "we will end you".

    I mean it's nice they removed this requirement because it was a silly one even before all this kicked off. Bit of a generosity move on their part.
  1. Dystemper's Avatar
    The spin control has already started lol
  1. everydaygamer's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure legion did the same thing.
  1. Knightsword's Avatar
    So Blizzard wants to piss everybody off today, CE purchasers with the early release of the novellas and those that pre-purchased the expansion.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    So Blizzard wants to piss everybody off today, CE purchasers with the early release of the novellas and those that pre-purchased the expansion.
    How does this piss anyone off? It's beneficial no matter what. Plus you can just refund if you literally only prepurchased for this one singular event as long as you haven't used the 110 boost or unlocked an Allied Race. Which I somehow doubt.

    When the pre purchase was up months ago nobody knew that this event was gonna be part of it because they hadn't said anything back then.

    It's more than likely that people who prepurchased did so ages ago if they knew they were going to be playing.
  1. Daan's Avatar
    It's not fair to remove a promised pre order bonus.
  1. Casperite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    So Blizzard wants to piss everybody off today, CE purchasers with the early release of the novellas and those that pre-purchased the expansion.
    If this update pisses anyone off then they need to take a good look at their life and why such a small thing in a video game pisses them off.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    It's not fair to remove a promised pre order bonus.
    Yeah how dare they let everyone experience it! So callous of them.

    They are not removing it. They are just letting everyone experience it regardless. It was a stupid pre purchase bonus anyway and only strung together recently. BFA already has incentive on the usual free boost and Allied Races.

    And I severely doubt this close to launch people were pre purchasing for one single event.
  1. Varolyn's Avatar
    I'm surprised people are making such a big deal out of this. In fact, I thought the Battle for Lordaeron was going to be available for everyone, as it's BFA's version of the Broken Shore essentially. I pre-ordered BFA myself and I could care less about this change. It's just a preview of the expansion, after all, or that is at least how I view it.
  1. Daan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah how dare they let everyone experience it! So callous of them.They are not removing it.
    Everyone can experience it on BfA release. Playing that scenario a week earlier was an exclusive pre order bonus.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Everyone can experience it on BfA release. Playing that scenario a week earlier was an exclusive pre order bonus.
    And now it's not. Deal with it. You had plenty of bonuses from preordering and even Blizzard realised it was a silly one to make people who didn't prepurchase be left in the lurch for a week while others get to experience it. Not to mention the criticism being thrown their way by some players for the story as quite a fair few don't agree with it. It's them extending an olive branch on a minor thing. Nothing else.

    They can freely change it before the events launch date. There is nothing stopping them. And they chose to.

    I remember another game (for the life of me I can't remember which) did something similar and everyone were praising them and the devs for it as if they were gods and the greatest people in the world for their generosity.

    Here though because it's Blizzard people are all "REEE ULTERIOR MOTIVE/BLEEDING SUBS". I find it amusing personally.
  1. ArgusTheUnmaker's Avatar
    Oh wow...

    Pre-patch content's going to be unlocked during pre-patch. What a surprise...

Site Navigation