Battle for Lordaeron Doesn't Require Battle for Azeroth Pre-Purchase

A Good War and Elegy Stories - Battle for Azeroth
Blizzard released the Horde and Alliance Battle for Azeroth stories that come with the Collector's Edition.



This article was originally published in forum thread: A Good War and Elegy Stories - Battle for Azeroth started by chaud View original post
Comments 66 Comments
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    But I am too lazy to read. Give me a tl;dr!
  1. looorg's Avatar
    Is there an order in which to read them? War before Elegy?
  1. Ezyah's Avatar
    Are those the same you get in the collector edition ?
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    inb4 "Shit writing", "Golden is literally satan" etc.
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    inb4 "Shit writing", "Golden is literally satan" etc.
    While she does get to much flak, Golden is, at the most, an average Alliance writer and god awful Horde writer (she can't do none-human races).
  1. Crillam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Are those the same you get in the collector edition ?
    Yes
    /10char

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    inb4 "Shit writing", "Golden is literally satan" etc.
    I must really enjoy shit writing. Would say she has done the best warcraft novels so far xD
  1. Jotunhammer's Avatar
    wall of text crit you for 50000000 damage and you die....
  1. Sinistrem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    But I am too lazy to read. Give me a tl;dr!
    Well the Horde one boils to

    But she was right.

    A wound that can never heal. That had always been the plan. And Saurfang had failed to inflict it.

    The story of Malfurion’s miraculous survival would have spread among the armies of the Alliance as proof that they were blessed in their cause.

    War would still have come. That had been certain the moment Saurfang had led the Horde into Ashenvale. And it would have been what he had feared most: the meat grinder, spending so many lives

    to achieve so little, ending with a whimper, and thus dooming future generations to a war nobody could win. Once again, Sylvanas had seen it before he had.

    And so . . .

    She had sent a message. This was not a war that would end in a stalemate. Not now. The Alliance and the Horde would both understand that the only choices were victory or death. Lok‐tar ogar.
    So she will be still condemned by Tauren and some orcs, as well as entirety of Horde druids and player characters who rp as honorforbrains savages. But the rest of the Horde doesn't care that much, at least not much enough to rebel.

    All Horde leaders apart from Baine were informed about starting war and attacking Teldrassil, and had no problems with being agressors. Bain somehow knew about it but didn't do anything as usual.

    Apart from OG Thrall Horde, the other races joined horde to break Status Quo, to change the disposition of powers and rise up even at the cost of other nations. Sylvanas makes Status Quo impossible to maintain by creating an event so resonating, that " This was not a war that would end in a stalemate. Not now. The Alliance and the Horde would both understand that the only choices were victory or death."
  1. Jettisawn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    wall of text crit you for 50000000 damage and you die....
    It's a called a book. try it sometime.
  1. Venziir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    While she does get to much flak, Golden is, at the most, an average Alliance writer and god awful Horde writer (she can't do none-human races).
    "Lord of the Clans", "Beyond the Dark Portal", "Rise of the Horde" and "Durotan" all begs to differ.
  1. Shandita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    wall of text crit you for 50000000 damage and you die....
    You've made my day good Sir.
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Lord of the Clans", "Beyond the Dark Portal", "Rise of the Horde" and "Durotan" all begs to differ.
    You mean how she did Thrall well because he was meant to be written as a human, but then went and wrote other Orc stories and wrote the main characters of those: Durotan and Doomhammer, also as human, forgetting that Thrall was like that because he was raised by them and was often stated to not be a true Orc because of it? How any Orc that doesn't act like Thrall, or any none-human in general, is typically instead written in a negative light and/or just acts like a modern day human like Tyrande in War Crimes where she turns into a modern day attorney?
  1. miDnight77's Avatar
    Wait ... those are the ones from the CE?? .. and they get released NOW? and I wont get an artbook iny mCE for this stuff? ... i dont get it ..
  1. cLax0n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You mean how she did Thrall well because he was meant to be written as a human, but then went and wrote other Orc stories and wrote the main characters of those: Durotan and Doomhammer, also as human, forgetting that Thrall was like that because he was raised by them and was often stated to not be a true Orc because of it? How any Orc that doesn't act like Thrall, or any none-human in general, is typically instead written in a negative light and/or just acts like a modern day human like Tyrande in War Crimes where she turns into a modern day attorney?

    Word. Yea. True. But can you get back at us when you release your NY Times bestseller novel?
  1. Toppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    Word. Yea. True. But can you get back at us when you release your NY Times bestseller novel?
    Major difference here is that I'm not paid to be a writer.

    Also popularity isn't a reflection of skill. At all. You're not making any sort of argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Wait ... those are the ones from the CE?? .. and they get released NOW? and I wont get an artbook iny mCE for this stuff? ... i dont get it ..
    The CE novella has art in it.
  1. Venziir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You mean how she did Thrall well because he was meant to be written as a human, but then went and wrote other Orc stories and wrote the main characters of those: Durotan and Doomhammer, also as human, forgetting that Thrall was like that because he was raised by them and was often stated to not be a true Orc because of it? How any Orc that doesn't act like Thrall, or any none-human in general, is typically instead written in a negative light and/or just acts like a modern day human like Tyrande in War Crimes where she turns into a modern day attorney?
    Yawn.... Come back when you have an original opinion
  1. Trinora's Avatar
    I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the out of game sources you need to keep up with to have any idea wth is going on in game.
  1. miDnight77's Avatar
    well I hope a lot than :X I miss my artbook in the CE
  1. Sixnalia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Major difference here is that I'm not paid to be a writer.

    Also popularity isn't a reflection of skill. At all. You're not making any sort of argument.
    I think they are forgetting Twilight is considered a Best Seller too.
    And 50 Shades of Grey iirc.

    Getting "Best Seller" status definitely doesn't mean you write well.
    It just means your work is successful.

    Adam Sandler gets panned for his movies all the time.
    But he still makes a fortune through advertisements and name alone with his movies.
  1. Masser's Avatar
    Now the most pointless CE in wow history has become even more pointless.

Site Navigation