Battle for Lordaeron Scenario, Alluradel, Drugon, Arathi Blizzard

Battle for Lordaeron Cutscenes
There are two cutscenes that play out during the Battle for Lordaeron Scenario. The second one is different depending on whether you are Alliance or Horde.



Alliance


Horde
This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Lordaeron Cutscenes started by Stoy View original post
Comments 411 Comments
  1. Drpizka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Main city in that Area. Didn't mean Main Horde hub.



    They won Lordaeron, Horde has retreated/ran away/left. Alliance banners are once again in that area.



    This is where you already lost. Claimed that I'm Alliance player, no, I'm not. I'm WoW player, I play both factions and I like the lore.

    But no matter whatever you say, or try to use personal things against me(like saying that playing as alliance would be hard for me ), Alliance won the Lordaeron and Horde had to flee, otherwise they would just be destroyed. Simple facts.

    Well, I started WoW for the forsaken lore, and I will continue playing for the forsaken. Thus, FOR THE HORDE.

    I have decided what I like, and I don't need to try an alliance char. Not to mention that the alliance lore is crap generally.

    Yeah USA banners are in the surface of the moon too, I don't see USA claiming it as their own. You - won - nothing
  1. OriginZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Traps laid out in this battle yea I agree, but traps just like the night elves laid out as she moved to teldrassil.

    Her initial objective has failed totally leading to this. As per the books. She wanted to "strike a blow that bleede the alliance dry" by capturing teldrassil.

    Instead she sets fire to it because some random elf named just a couple months ago makes her angry. And thus is setup to start a war that is impossible to win not just due to lore but also due gameplay reasons.
    This is incorrect. The cinematic wasn't clear with the real motivation for the burning. It wasn't the NE that changed her plan, it was Saurfang failing to kill Malfurion.
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Well, I started WoW for the forsaken lore, and I will continue playing for the forsaken. Thus, FOR THE HORDE.

    I have decided what I like, and I don't need to try an alliance char. Not to mention that the alliance lore is crap generally.

    Yeah USA banners are in the surface of the moon too, I don't see USA claiming it as their own. You - won - nothing
    What's worse? Winning nothing or losing a city?

    Alliance won whole Lordaeron, they just can't get into city because of the Blight. That's all.
  1. Minikin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    This is incorrect. The cinematic wasn't clear with the real motivation for the burning. It wasn't the NE that changed her plan, it was Saurfang failing to kill Malfurion.
    Yea that's what sylvanas tries to justify it as but instead saurfang is more correct. That her actions unified the alliance rather than the original plan or bleeding them dry. To further reinforce it Genn says the exact same thing. Not to mention how the writer types it out as an angry and thus an emotional decision.

    She went to war to hit once and hit hard. And now she has this. An expansion lol.
  1. det's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg, this is disney levels of writing
    They made a shit gazillion tons of dollars with it. So what? Are you looking for the MMO that has Thomas Mann, Charles Bukowski or Heinrich Böll quality kind of writing? Would you settle for Harold Pinter? Is John Irwing acceptable? Jesus...you people.....
  1. Deficineiron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They made a shit gazillion tons of dollars with it. So what? Are you looking for the MMO that has Thomas Mann, Charles Bukowski or Heinrich Böll quality kind of writing? Would you settle for Harold Pinter? Is John Irwing acceptable? Jesus...you people.....
    Really would need to be classic authors from 18th or 19th century to attract the most players, right, since everyone, and I mean everyone, reads the classic these days!

    I would like some Defoe thrown in, and robert louis stevenson. And characters can be based on Charles Dickens'?
  1. roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    ??????

    Yeah, the less than avarage smarter people tend to pick their weapon as "I will completely ignore what the person said and just spew random bullshit"... As I said, gray testeless mass of ëverything the humankind creates is good! Critic not allowed!"
    Or, or, consider this. You think you're more important or intelligent than you actually are. You are not a critic, you're some dude sitting hunched over his chair at a computer bitching about a video game because it's campy. Like it has always been. That's most of your type. You think you're super smart, or you think you're more cultured than everyone else. You watched Spongebob as a kid and identified with Squidward. I answered all of your problems in my first post. Where precedent explained everything that occurred in the game thus far. If flying ships confuse you, even though they've been in wow since Wrath. You might have a problem.

    WoW is not game of thrones, never will be. You can't have shades of grey when the Horde can pop over and see the Alliance PoV at any given time. They don't exactly have the time to explain how a world with two main factions exist without the capitalist goblins creating a free trade organization. Or a central bank. They don't have time to give economical reasons for war, so its all based on genuine hatred. Unless you want the quest text to give the detailed backstory as to why Stormwind is an economic superpower when they don't actually appear to produce anything. It's simplified for a reason, it's Disney/Pixar for a reason. If you want super serious bro fantasy storytelling, go pick up witcher 3, just dont bitch because Ciri is a mary sue. Oh and they also have flying ships.

    I mean, let's analyze the story of humans for a second. half demon baby spawn creates a portal to bring in alien monsters to attack the world so another alien can blow up the planet to stop the planet from becoming a big alien thing. Meanwhile up north darth vader kills his dad to go into snow lands to sulk for a while. and a elf becomes half demon to kill the alien god. Oh also, the king gets amnesia and his son is king but also he was split into two people and also his advisor is a dragon that's really a human! About as campy as you can get, and aaaalways will be, unless you absorb as much of the bonus book content that you can. It's actually quite clever. (Oh and also it's steampunk in space where there's no atmosphere but air somehow. and they have invented steam-power but only the desert apes have figured out industrialization, but only until Hitler ape dies, then they go back to wooden huts. Even though Gnomes also have, but they don't share it because of a leper outbreak from 20 years ago.) super serious you guys.
  1. Deficineiron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Or, or, consider this. You think you're more important or intelligent than you actually are. You are not a critic, you're some dude sitting hunched over his chair at a computer bitching about a video game because it's campy. Like it has always been. That's most of your type. You think you're super smart, or you think you're more cultured than everyone else. You watched Spongebob as a kid and identified with Squidward. I answered all of your problems in my first post. Where precedent explained everything that occurred in the game thus far. If flying ships confuse you, even though they've been in wow since Wrath. You might have a problem.

    WoW is not game of thrones, never will be. You can't have shades of grey when the Horde can pop over and see the Alliance PoV at any given time. They don't exactly have the time to explain how a world with two main factions exist without the capitalist goblins creating a free trade organization. Or a central bank. They don't have time to give economical reasons for war, so its all based on genuine hatred. Unless you want the quest text to give the detailed backstory as to why Stormwind is an economic superpower when they don't actually appear to produce anything. It's simplified for a reason, it's Disney/Pixar for a reason. If you want super serious bro fantasy storytelling, go pick up witcher 3, just dont bitch because Ciri is a mary sue. Oh and they also have flying ships.

    I mean, let's analyze the story of humans for a second. half demon baby spawn creates a portal to bring in alien monsters to attack the world so another alien can blow up the planet to stop the planet from becoming a big alien thing. Meanwhile up north darth vader kills his dad to go into snow lands to sulk for a while. and a elf becomes half demon to kill the alien god. Oh also, the king gets amnesia and his son is king but also he was split into two people and also his advisor is a dragon that's really a human! About as campy as you can get, and aaaalways will be, unless you absorb as much of the bonus book content that you can. It's actually quite clever. (Oh and also it's steampunk in space where there's no atmosphere but air somehow. and they have invented steam-power but only the desert apes have figured out industrialization, but only until Hitler ape dies, then they go back to wooden huts. Even though Gnomes also have, but they don't share it because of a leper outbreak from 20 years ago.) super serious you guys.
    I was really hoping for an explanation about time and quantum dimension travel (WOD) - blizzard said not to worry our little heads about actually understanding the why but I actually read your whole post and felt you could have continued with the dragon that got mad and roared and burned stuff, then flew around and burned more, then moved on to pandas....also pls comment on when dead is really dead in wow because it seems like a lot of folks and bosses come back to life on-demand or unlife or whatever. don't folks killing raid bosses know they BURN THE CORPSE after? that usually seems to do the trick on /raise dead issues. this isn't rocket science, anyone who played pen/paper d&d should know you need a corpse to raise a corpse.
  1. Tydrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Sylvanas? Her style is "everything goes as long as we win". She's unscrupulously, has no problems to use guerilla tactics or sacrafice someone or something to win. Not to mention that she thinks long term.
    Pretty much. Sylvanas is playing 4D chess, and since Blizzard have apparently forgotten that Tyrande is over ten thousand years old and fought in the War of the Ancients (and so presumably must be a seasoned military strategist), the Alliance doesn't have any commanders intelligent enough to match her.
  1. EUPLEB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Yea losing your city to those "stupid" leaders, with your entire army defending it from an attack you knew was coming.

    Blizzard is wrecking the horde (sylvanas), yet whatever you are smoking is dulling your senses to it.
    If it wasn't for Jaina the alliance wouldn't have even breached the city, whilst vastly outnumbering the army we had.
  1. Minikin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    If it wasn't for Jaina the alliance wouldn't have even breached the city, whilst vastly outnumbering the army we had.
    Have they released numbers? Or general mention? I didnt note any size references when I did the quests but I could have missed it.

    As for jaina. Well we can see that both factions have their support.
    The alliance has a retarded army, but OP racial leaders
    The horde has an army with a brain but their leaders are more general with sylvanas having a magical arsenal.

    I'd rather not go into who saved who because then we could go down this wide ass rabbit hole of how malfurion would have ended sylvanas in darkshore had saurfang not saved her by throwing his axe. Blizzard just loves their theatrics. I take the flying ships right along with the talking trees.

Site Navigation