Baa'l Secret Hunt Underway
The Secret Finding Discord is working their way through another secret!

General Information
  • The Warcraft Secrets guide has a handy script to keep track of your progress: /run local N,t={"SCROLL","1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10","11","12","FIN"},{52819,52809,52810,52818,52817,52816,52815,52814,52813,52812,53632,53633,53634,52827}for s,k in pairs(N)do d=IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(t[s])print(k,"=",d and "Y" or "N")end
  • A few locations are easier with a Goblin Glider, and one requires some sort of slow fall.


The Scroll
  • Head to Heart of Darkness in Nazmir. Start at the bridge at 46,54 that is in the Blood Troll area to get to the middle structure.
  • Once at the top of the Heart of Darkness, you need to carefully jump down the outside edge to click on the note at 51, 59.
  • If you are having trouble getting to the note, a Goblin Glider may be helpful.



Pebble One
  • Head to The Broken Shore, at 37.45, 71.63 and click on the light grey pebble on the table near Dark'thul.
  • You may need to talk to Dark'thul to turn him away from the table if he isn't sleeping nearby.



Pebble Two
  • Head to Boralus at 49, 40, walk through the net on the side of the dock and down into the cave. The pebble is in the center of the floor towards the back.



Pebble Three
  • Head to Atal'dazar, Zuldazar
  • From the flight path, take the road up towards the dungeon portal. Take a right to the road that goes up the mountain right before the portal.
  • Follow this road north until you see a large flat stone surface and the waterfall. Go through the small arch on the right towards the waterfall.
  • Continue along the path behind the waterfall, then across the rocks on the waterfall, down to a corner of the temple structure and grass. Repeatedly jump up that way, go forward and then up the side of the mountain.
  • Use a glider or some slow fall to head down into the valley and the cave at the bottom.
  • The pebble is located at the to the left of the large stone column right after entering, behind the tree branch.





Pebble Four
  • Head to Drustvar, up the path towards Arom's Strand, then jump down to the second tier of the waterfall, head into the cave, and click the right eye of the effigy in the back. The cave mouth is at 35, 55.



Pebble Five
  • Head to 63, 21 in Vol'dun (Tortaka Refuge) and drop down into the hidden cave. Be sure to avoid the NPC in the cave, as he will one shot you. The pebble is behind some rocks near the wall far away from the NPC, near the entrance.



Pebble Six
  • Head to 66.93, 14.84 in Stormsong Valley and enter the cave hidden in the bushes. The pebble is inside the cave at 68, 13.



Pebble Seven



Pebble Eight
  • Head back to 37,80 in Boralus to enter the maze. Go straight back and around the corner to the basement. Kill the five NPCs downstairs and get the pebble by the boxes and keg.



Pebble Nine
  • Go to 18, 7 in Drustvar to take the path to a cave. The pebble is on the top of the large rock outside.



Pebble Ten
  • Head to 75, 70 in Tirigarde Sound with some invisibility potions. Enter the cave, use the potion, and get the pebble. The screenshot below is facing into the cave, so walk in and look behind some rocks halfway back to the left.



Pebble Eleven
  • Head to 80, 19 in Tirigarde Sound and look for the waterfall. You'll need to head up and then jump down on to some rocks to access the cave behind the waterfall.



Pebble Twelve
  • Head to 10, 82 in Tirigarde Sound, enter the hidden cave, head to the rocks on the right, and move your camera around until you can see the pebble.



Pebble Thirteen
  • Head to 63, 21 in Vol'dun (Tortaka Refuge) with water walking potions or a Water Strider then set a waypoint for Zandalar 45.78 -3.34.
  • Once there, head to Zandalar 55.72 -10.21 and into the underwater cave. There will be blips of fatigue along the way.
  • The pebble is close to the cave entrance near some rocks on the right when facing the entrance from the inside.



Baa’l and Uuna
  • Head to 62, 22 in Frostfire Ridge and defeat Baa'l after weakening him.
  • You either need to have Uuna or someone with an upgraded Uuna needs to have the summon active nearby to weaken Baa'l.
  • Baa'l can get into a bugged state where Unna won't be able to weaken him. Gastropod Shell will reset him and fix this.
  • This rewards Baa'ls Darksign
  • After being summoned Baa'l provides another hint.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Baa'l Secret Hunt Underway! started by chaud View original post
Comments 60 Comments
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistmitpandas View Post
    ... what the heck is an upgraded Uuna? ...
    https://warcraft-secrets.com/guides/uuna/
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistmitpandas View Post
    This is totally not meant rude, but can someone please explain to me how this "hunt" works?
    There are 20k people active in the secret finding discord, 80k members total. You are massively underestimating how quickly several thousand people working together can figure this stuff out.
  1. Radaney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There are 20k people active in the secret finding discord, 80k members total. You are massively underestimating how quickly several thousand people working together can figure this stuff out.
    It's impressive enough they keep a lot of it un-datamined.
  1. SinR's Avatar
    It was this or another tier.

    Guess what?
  1. mmoc217b3a527e's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistmitpandas View Post
    This is totally not meant rude, but can someone please explain to me how this "hunt" works? It doesnt make any sense to me. Even if one million people would "scan the entire world, pixel by pixel, the chances are going to 0,0%. I cant believe in this can work, without some insider who works at Blizzard gives "clues". Or there is a way to hack the game files and scan inside for information or coordinates or hack out routines you have to use and click in what order ect.

    1. scanning world pixel by pixel for things you can click on, Even if you find them, you cant know the order to click, Making it 12 items to click in the right oder thats nearly impossible to find out by trial and error

    2. how would someone know a random toy from 3 addons ago triggers something? Doesnt make any sense. You cant trial and error 300 toys on some random NPC, and then know what to do afterwards

    3.Where does this Baa’l NPC come from, is it new or was it always in Frostfire Ridge?

    ... what the heck is an upgraded Uuna? ...
    Yeah i think they get at least the smallest hint, like where to start or something. There is no logical connection between these things.
  1. mmoc23d2295e3f's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Yeah i think they get at least the smallest hint, like where to start or something. There is no logical connection between these things.
    I think that's the only thing I really dislike about this. If it was a logical riddle which you could solve by thinking about the hints you get, I'd be a lot happier. (like the quests in Secret World)
    The approach we have here with a bit of data mining and a high number of people searching the world to discover such things isn't a way I would go as a company.
    But respect to the people who work on finding this stuff.
  1. clinophobia's Avatar
    This people who are finding this stuff are crazy (meant positive)
  1. mmoc35f68e9f3b's Avatar
    The uuna requirement is just stupid, one kill per day, and one summon per character
  1. salate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    The uuna requirement is just stupid, one kill per day, and one summon per character

    farmed her on three characters before they added the secret.
    but her drop rates got higher.

    You can ask somebody who already has uuna to buff up Baa'l in ridge.
  1. mmoc9bd0832d21's Avatar
    So... Diablo 3 was announced on Gamescom 2008 which is 10 years ago now, they find this pet the day before Blizzard has their Gamescom day.
    I hope we get some news today!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So Mephisto for HOTS and now a Goat that basically takes the mess out of Baal from D2?

    Yeah they announcing a remaster for it at Blizzcon. No doubt about it now.

    And I want that goat.... I need it.
    I wouldnt be surprised if they do it today at Gamescom, thats where they announced Diablo 3 2008
  1. markos82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    I think that's the only thing I really dislike about this. If it was a logical riddle which you could solve by thinking about the hints you get, I'd be a lot happier. (like the quests in Secret World)
    The approach we have here with a bit of data mining and a high number of people searching the world to discover such things isn't a way I would go as a company.
    But respect to the people who work on finding this stuff.
    Perhaps with SG-SG1 there is a Baa'l or whats the name of Goa'uld Lord and Unas that developed on the same planet as Goa'ulds
  1. faithbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    All of that... and you need Uuna?

    smh.
    This pisses me off a lot because I killed that piece of shit rare for weeks and didn't get the pet.. and supposedly the drop the rate is quite high.. smh
  1. meroko's Avatar
    I have uploaded a full in depth guide here from Horde side POV including timestamps for each step in case you get stuck on a particular one. Hope it helps those who still need the pet!

  1. Surreality's Avatar
    All that for a baby goat?

    Pass.
  1. Explicit Teemo Nudes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistmitpandas View Post
    This is totally not meant rude, but can someone please explain to me how this "hunt" works? It doesnt make any sense to me. Even if one million people would "scan the entire world, pixel by pixel, the chances are going to 0,0%. I cant believe in this can work, without some insider who works at Blizzard gives "clues". Or there is a way to hack the game files and scan inside for information or coordinates or hack out routines you have to use and click in what order ect.

    1. scanning world pixel by pixel for things you can click on, Even if you find them, you cant know the order to click, Making it 12 items to click in the right oder thats nearly impossible to find out by trial and error

    2. how would someone know a random toy from 3 addons ago triggers something? Doesnt make any sense. You cant trial and error 300 toys on some random NPC, and then know what to do afterwards

    3.Where does this Baa’l NPC come from, is it new or was it always in Frostfire Ridge?

    ... what the heck is an upgraded Uuna? ...

    We found all these hidden caves during the first BfA week.
    Then, yesterday, when people were running around looking for clues(we are basically scouting all BfA zones and even old zones 24/7 for clues and new items/npcs/etc) and visiting these places again, they noticed a lot of pebbles on the ground everywhere that were not there before. These pebbles don't really stand out in a normal setting, but since they are light and the other texture where they are in a lot of these places is dark, they do stand out. There were also a lot of them added to some caves, so they were hard to miss. Had these pebbles been there from the expansion release we wouldn't have noticed them as easily.
    It seems like Blizzard either wanted to wait a week so people could have a chance to level up a character to max level, or it was bugged so they had to hotfix the clues.
    Then someone noticed a lot of pebble entries in the Wowhead database and that they were cached - and also a note that had a similar name of the note that started the Lucid Nightmare riddle - and this note some people had cached aswell.

    So we had one guy clear his cache and then backtrack to all the places he had been since he logged in for that session until the note got cached again. He noticed it got cached in the area of the Heart of Darkness, so more people went there to look for the note, and then we found it. The note took us back to the NPC that started the whole Kosumoth secret and there we found the first pebble. From that point it was just a matter of finding the rest of the pebbles, so we spread out and checked all those hidden caves with pebbles on the ground again and here we are!

    I understand it's hard to understand how all of this can be found if you don't know the whole story.
  1. Bennett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    It was this or another tier.

    Guess what?
    Hasn't been funny since WoD
  1. Pattiecakes's Avatar
    Do you kill Baa'l in the pet battle or capture him?
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    We found all these hidden caves during the first BfA week.
    Then, yesterday, when people were running around looking for clues(we are basically scouting all BfA zones and even old zones 24/7 for clues and new items/npcs/etc) and visiting these places again, they noticed a lot of pebbles on the ground everywhere that were not there before. These pebbles don't really stand out in a normal setting, but since they are light and the other texture where they are in a lot of these places is dark, they do stand out. There were also a lot of them added to some caves, so they were hard to miss. Had these pebbles been there from the expansion release we wouldn't have noticed them as easily.
    It seems like Blizzard either wanted to wait a week so people could have a chance to level up a character to max level, or it was bugged so they had to hotfix the clues.
    Then someone noticed a lot of pebble entries in the Wowhead database and that they were cached - and also a note that had a similar name of the note that started the Lucid Nightmare riddle - and this note some people had cached aswell.

    So we had one guy clear his cache and then backtrack to all the places he had been since he logged in for that session until the note got cached again. He noticed it got cached in the area of the Heart of Darkness, so more people went there to look for the note, and then we found it. The note took us back to the NPC that started the whole Kosumoth secret and there we found the first pebble. From that point it was just a matter of finding the rest of the pebbles, so we spread out and checked all those hidden caves with pebbles on the ground again and here we are!

    I understand it's hard to understand how all of this can be found if you don't know the whole story.
    That is awesome. How did you figure out where to go after collecting the last pebble? That message was pure jibberish to me.
  1. Isoz's Avatar
    phew after 3 deads, i managed to get all the pebbles. now i need to find someonewith uuna :/
  1. Kuja's Avatar
    Swim speed potion is not enough to get to the underwater ship. It has a long ass cooldown as well.

Site Navigation