Ladder & Meta, Shady's Move to Standard, Iksar Interview - Value Town #182

Fun and Fanservice Take Center Stage at the Overwatch League All-Star Weekend

New Allied Races Ready to Recruit
Have you unlocked Dark Iron Dwarves or Mag'har Orcs?


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the war between the Horde and the Alliance in full swing, you’ll need every ally you can get to help ensure victory for your faction. The journey to bring two new Allied Races—Mag’har orcs and Dark Iron dwarves—into the fold has begun in Kul Tiras and Zandalar.


You can earn the loyalty of these two Allied Races and add their might to your faction by meeting the following requirements:

  • Reach level 120
  • Become Exalted with the key subfaction from your side’s War Campaign:
    • Alliance: 7th Legion
    • Horde: The Honorbound

  • Complete the War Campaign in Kul Tiras and Zandalar and earn the Achievement Ready for War (earnable on both Horde and Alliance).

Two paths lay before you. Which will you take?

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Expulsom Sources
I am trying to level jewelcrafting but it requires 2 expulsom to craft a single gem. It is a long way to 150 when expulsum is, seemingly, so rare. How do you guys manage to gather larger amounts of this stuff? I've scrapped a ton of gear with only a few expulsom as a result.
Personally I've managed to obtain, most of the Expulsom from scrapping gear, especially trinkets, that I would not use or were a downgrade for my character. If you see a world quest that offers a trinket, go for it, as it may offer you an Expulsom material - that excludes crafted trinkets. You can also manufacture it if you have the Alchemy profession. So maybe level that profession up, along with your Jewelcrafting? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Battle for Azeroth - Honest Game Trailers
Smosh Games made an Honest Game Trailer for Battle for Azeroth!



Blizzard at gamescom 2018 - Video Games Live Concert
Blizzard had a Video Games Live Concert at gamescom, featuring Blizzard game music!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Allied Races, Blue Posts, BfA Honest Game Trailer, Video Games Live Concert started by chaud View original post
Comments 55 Comments
  1. Debased's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Having to do the grind on 2 factions for the races, that's a new low. Already bored to death and we're only 2 weeks into the expansion. I grinded that crap from the second I hit 120(which was 6-7 hours after launch) until a few days ago when I finally hit exalted with 7th legion. Now I have to do it again on horde side... We still have no clue what reputation will be required for Zandalari or Kul Tiras! Knowing blizzard it'll probably be a completely *new* rep grind just because why not.

    "It's not a huge grind and people pretending it is clearly haven't done any real grinds before." We shouldn't need to grind something like a race. Clearly this is the future. If they release another class it'll be a rep grind backing that up for certain. I don't care about reputation, it's meaningless. I don't care about mounts, pets or achievements obtained through reputation. The gear you get from the vendor at exalted is laughably bad - this has always been the case. They're wiggling their toes in the water to see how far they can go before people really get annoyed. Typical EA/Ubisoft move, we shouldn't expect less from Activision.
    Yeah... I'm doing the WQ circuit because I see little else to do as far as BFA is concerned. I could care less about the 'rewards'. The gear is trash, I don't care about crafting, and the mounts are a consolation prize at best. Once I'm done with it (in about a week), outside of raid nights I don't know why I'll even bother to login. They couldn't even bother to finish class design, add a new battleground, or make leveling alts a more engaging experience this time around. If 8.1 isn't 'game changing' I think I'm tapping out for good this time.
  1. Riversong's Avatar
    I could care less about these 2 races so I'm not racing for rep just taking it as it comes im still only friendly with 7th Legion and neutral with champions /care.
  1. mmocada6ff965a's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I missed the first day of rep plus the bonus 1500 rep from the island expeditions quest before the first day reset and I hit exalted 2 days ago as a night elf. It's not a huge grind and people pretending it is clearly haven't done any real grinds before.
    Just posting this again for emphasis. Reputation gains are really well tuned I think, especially with the huge boosts you can get from the mission table. I just finished a mission that gave me (human) about 900 reputation with the Champions of Azeroth. If we're talking about a real grind I'd say that right now only the Azerite system qualifies for it, and even that only if you try to get ahead of the curve.
  1. mmoceb1073a651's Avatar
    I am 1/3 on the way to Exalted (Horde side) by playing casually, have done every weekly Azerite quest from Expeditions and emissary, but surely not every singe WQ on the map - only the ones which also give rep for CoA or Tortollans, or have useful rewards. Did not use contracts because I save my gold for the Brontosaur mount and other things I want to buy. I guess, I will unlock Mag'har Orcs somewhere next week, that's quite OK for me. Rep grind is not as bad as with some reputations I did (91 exalted on my main), the only annoying thing is that you need reputation and occasional missions to progress with the War Campaign. I thought they would not repeat the Legion ordeal (Suramar, Argus) once again.

    Will definitively play Alliance and unlock Dark Iron Dwarves, but sometimes later in the expansion, when I am done with my Horde alts. Have 25 alts there on 110 and also a HMT in the range of 40.

    But I am more excited to get a Zandalari Troll. Will make a loa priestess, and if we somehow would get paladins (if the story moves forward and will return the class to the Zandalari), then of course also one of these.
  1. mmocada6ff965a's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    Yeah... I'm doing the WQ circuit because I see little else to do as far as BFA is concerned. I could care less about the 'rewards'. The gear is trash, I don't care about crafting, and the mounts are a consolation prize at best. Once I'm done with it (in about a week), outside of raid nights I don't know why I'll even bother to login. They couldn't even bother to finish class design, add a new battleground, or make leveling alts a more engaging experience this time around. If 8.1 isn't 'game changing' I think I'm tapping out for good this time.
    This shit again. Just leave and stop wasting other people's reading time. BfA is the fastest selling expansion because the overwhelming majority of players thinks that they have, once again, done a really great job. They just don't bother posting replies to this nonsense because they are too busy enjoying the game.
  1. Nutri's Avatar
    No Mag'Har Warlocks :-/ don't really feel inclined to go through all the hassle specifically for the unlock because of that.
  1. mmoc175ba96242's Avatar
    Afraid of snakes huh? More like B-team forgot about his existance.

    Also this guy saying "Stop wastings people's reading time" Then go live in Venezuela if you hate reading other's people's opinion so much.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Is this a poll to see how unemployed people are? lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why would you lie about it?
    It's an expression.
  1. broflmao's Avatar
    Already have the Dark Iron mog
  1. RealNinjaX02's Avatar
    R.I.P. Harrison Jones
  1. Hightotemz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    Yeah... I'm doing the WQ circuit because I see little else to do as far as BFA is concerned. I could care less about the 'rewards'. The gear is trash, I don't care about crafting, and the mounts are a consolation prize at best. Once I'm done with it (in about a week), outside of raid nights I don't know why I'll even bother to login. They couldn't even bother to finish class design, add a new battleground, or make leveling alts a more engaging experience this time around. If 8.1 isn't 'game changing' I think I'm tapping out for good this time.
    A lot more is being added to the game next week.

    1st Raid, Warfronts, Mythic +, Arenas, World bosses etc.
  1. mmoc59b5827c7e's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Already at Revered just from "casual play" and calls it a heavy rep grind. You must be new to the game if you consider that a heavy grind.
    Maybe you should read and get some context before replying. Btw, are you really implying that its ok for new people to come back for BfA just to realise that you've to undergo a several weeks long rep grind in order to play a new race, a major selling point of the expansion? Especially if they want to play the races tied to Legion rep.
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    No Mag'Har Warlocks :-/ don't really feel inclined to go through all the hassle specifically for the unlock because of that.
    So you wanted to play corrupted uncorrupted orcs? Orc warlocks are the reason the race has green skin.
  1. Julaes's Avatar
    Only yesterday I got to Revered. I still have a long way to go for Exalted, even more that I can't play every day.
    I try to use the app a lot to make up for the time I can't play.
  1. Nutri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So you wanted to play corrupted uncorrupted orcs? Orc warlocks are the reason the race has green skin.
    Shadowpriest Tauren. /micdrop
  1. mmoc0dc240f62f's Avatar
    The booty of that speaker woman is EPIC. Just in case if anyone missed this..
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    No Mag'Har Warlocks :-/ don't really feel inclined to go through all the hassle specifically for the unlock because of that.
    Aren't these Mag'har the pure ones before corruption?

    Would make sense if that is the case. If they are post corruption then I get your point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Shadowpriest Tauren. /micdrop
    I'm surprised HM Tauren couldn't be locks tbh. Since Feltotem Tribe.
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Shadowpriest Tauren. /micdrop
    An orc literally can't be a warlock without their skin turning green. The whole point of Mag'har is that they are uncorrupted by fel magic. That's what "Mag'har" means.

    Shadow Priests show no outward signs of corruption, it's an internal psychological struggle against the whispers. They can turn off Shadow Form.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    An orc literally can't be a warlock without their skin turning green. The whole point of Mag'har is that they are uncorrupted by fel magic. That's what "Mag'har" means.

    Shadow Priests show no outward signs of corruption, it's an internal psychological struggle against the whispers. They can turn off Shadow Form.
    So if I get some green paint and paint my Mag'hars skin green I can be a Warlock?
  1. mmocc5c6837b00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So if I get some green paint and paint my Mag'hars skin green I can be a Warlock?
    They could throw green footballs and pretend they are chaos bolts.

Site Navigation