Reddit Ask Me Anything With Ion Hazzikostas on Friday, September 14th
According to this reddit thread, tomorrow, Friday September the 14th at 2 PM PDT Game Director Ion Hazzikostas will be doing an "ask me anything" in the WoW reddit to answer questions about the live game. The thread will not be stickied per Blizzard's request, and there are a few guidelines to follow according to the post:

  • Please remain civil and respectful at all times. In the interest of being able to have other AMAs in the future, the Mod team independently warns that any bad behavior and violation of reddit rules will be punished with a permanent ban, and the removal of your comment.
  • Hopefully the community is able to discuss politely. Do not downvote, if you disagree with a comment, discuss or challenge it. The goal is to promote a respectful, useful discussion, as it is in everyone's best interests.
  • Try to ask succinct, clear questions. Walls of text with 30 questions shoved into a single comment are heavily discouraged. Questions should nevertheless strive to be constructive. A comment such as "fix the game" will likely not get answered.

Ythisens responded when asked why the thread won't be stickied.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
While /u/FlapSnapple covered this I just wanted to say it from the shiny blue text.

Essentially we'd prefer if an AMA live organically. We're guests on this platform and in this community. You run it, you decide what content you upvote or downvote. We think a force sticky doesn't abide by how Reddit itself functions and we shouldn't be an exception to that.

Also most typical users and guests browse over the stickied posts even though its at the top. Sorry admins :P I promise I read them though.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Reddit Ask Me Anything With Ion Hazzikostas on Friday, September 14th started by Stoy View original post
Comments 170 Comments
  1. Vargulf the Happy Husky's Avatar
    ask him why he still wears the Illidan shirt for interviews and if he has ever washed it
  1. Ilnez's Avatar
    Yeeesh, this gon' be a slaughter.

    Game is legit so fucked right now, M+ is about the only system working as intended.
  1. TheDeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Seems like the issue is with you and not the game if you only play 30 hours. Find a different game then.
    How is that an issue with me?

    Maybe not everyone has time to play 24/7?

    Or is it weird to have a life outside gaming?
  1. Thetruth1400's Avatar
    Is asking politely, "Hey, why has the quality control and communication for this game been so poor lately?" a viable question, because there have been way too many examples of poor quality control this expansion. So many launch bugs; both pre patch and actual launch, the mythic + box fiasco, which was never really fixed as people went into this week with high keys and loot still, the Mythic boxes only containing 1 piece of gear instead of up to 3 like on the beta never clarified until after they started being opened, weak follower board, island expeditions, and Warfront experiences, the whole Warfront fiasco which again was never clarified, and then allowed to be farmed by Horde for a few days with no ilvl requirement then implemented but the gear not stripped and (doubtfully) will be equalized for the Alliance, and so on.

    Just tons and tons of issues that were reported in beta and even if they weren't, should have been caught by an internal quality control team. It's fairly inexcusable for things like these to happen so regularly in a triple A company.
  1. natpick's Avatar
    said it before and gonna say it again ion is a big part of the problem with wow today he needs to step aside,hes in over his head at this point.and i cant watch or listen to him i find him such an awkward person as if he doesnt really fit the role.he may be a lovely guy outside of wow i dont know,but at this point blizz needs change in direction.
  1. athrun7189's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    Yeeesh, this gon' be a slaughter.

    Game is legit so fucked right now, M+ is about the only system working as intended.
    that's the only reason I play wow since Legion
    I wish they could have put more effort on it
    Raid is OK, but I dont realy care anymore

    The rest just feel like obligations, and I hate all of it haha
    But yeah, again, that's just my opinion
  1. Malikath's Avatar
    nothing makes me wish for sargeras to come back and finish the job more then people who're ass-kissing this shit-heap of a game and saying nothing is wrong with this expac.
    gonna love watching blizzard's canned corporate response to the utter state of class design and balance.

    they'll of course deserve everything they'll get if the blow it off.
  1. Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    SO many ass licking fanbois lol! you deserve the shit quality game you're getting indeed.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    SO many ass licking fanbois lol! you deserve the shit quality game you're getting indeed.
    You mean because people chewed you out for attacking a dev for no actual reason?

    That's not what a fanboy is. There is never any reason to insult a game developer whatsoever.

    If you have to insult a dev themselves over the game then it's clear it goes beyond disliking/being critical of the game.

    Ask an actual critical question. Something you are disdained about in a mature/constructive manner.
  1. splatomat's Avatar
    1) Are Island Expeditions being looked at for adjustment? Mount/Pet/Vanity drops seem so low as to be nonexistent, given there are 300 of them. Additionally, needing 40,000 azerite for the weekly quest feels a bit like a chore, especially given that the vanity rewards aren't hooking people. Maybe reduce it to 30k or 25k?

    2) Can you explain the design intention behind nerfing the Refer-a-Friend xp bonus? It was a system that people a) pay for, and b) opt-in to. Time was specifically spent nerfing it dramatically. Why? Who was this intended to reign in, and why was that determined to be a priority?

    3) Are there plans to introduce player housing at some point? There are a lot of people who would enjoy content not tied to the gear-progression system. You could make an entirely new secondary profession to create furnishings (carpenter/whatever) and/or gather materials (lumber harvest from WoD). You could sprinkle recipes thoughout pve and even pvp content. FF does this and it works pretty great.

    4) Every new class since vanilla has been a hybrid. Why? What does this say about the value of pure-dps classes like mage/warlock/rogue/hunter? Would they stand to be improved by the creation of a new role for them? Example: Survival spec of Hunter. The vast majority of hunter players did not ask for a melee spec, but if they were going to get one, why wasn't it a tanking spec? The Survival hunter rides a pet into battle, using a polearm like a jousting knight. Maybe charge and/or trample mechanics are the main focus. Maybe damage mitigation is stylized through the pet/mount's defenses.
  1. Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean because people chewed you out for attacking a dev for no actual reason?

    That's not what a fanboy is. There is never any reason to insult a game developer whatsoever.

    If you have to insult a dev themselves over the game then it's clear it goes beyond disliking/being critical of the game.

    Ask an actual critical question. Something you are disdained about in a mature/constructive manner.
    Nope just getting really sick seeing people justify everything blizzard does.
  1. Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Nope just getting really sick seeing people justify everything blizzard does.
    Calling you out for directly insulting a dev isn't "fanboying".

    There is no excuse for it. Especially over a video game.
  1. Gewuda47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    2) Can you explain the design intention behind nerfing the Refer-a-Friend xp bonus? It was a system that people a) pay for, and b) opt-in to. Time was specifically spent nerfing it dramatically. Why? Who was this intended to reign in, and why was that determined to be a priority?
    lol they nerfed that? I didn't know.
  1. Krakozjubr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chorkpop View Post
    The wow subreddit has become as toxic as the forums here in the past few weeks. It honestly seems like a waste of his time.
    Because the game currently sucks.
  1. NatePsy's Avatar
    Will likely only answer questions that can be answered with things we already know, much like the Q&A's tbh.
  1. Sluvs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Will likely only answer questions that can be answered with things we already know, much like the Q&A's tbh.
    While I think that is possible, i think this AMA is happening because of the bad state of the game, so i do not think it's in their best interest to answer easy questions. I hope they answer some tough ones like: warfronts are too easy, and that is completely putting them under, how do you guys intend to fix it? or Why are there so many bugs that went unfixed?

    I personally would ask them why they just dont treat warfronts like raids. Have heroic and mythic difficulties, make loot drop per phases and put them on a weekly lock out maybe.
  1. tikcol's Avatar
    I love him, he's a great dev much love and for the horde
  1. Leenaleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    1) Are Island Expeditions being looked at for adjustment? Mount/Pet/Vanity drops seem so low as to be nonexistent, given there are 300 of them. Additionally, needing 40,000 azerite for the weekly quest feels a bit like a chore, especially given that the vanity rewards aren't hooking people. Maybe reduce it to 30k or 25k?

    2) Can you explain the design intention behind nerfing the Refer-a-Friend xp bonus? It was a system that people a) pay for, and b) opt-in to. Time was specifically spent nerfing it dramatically. Why? Who was this intended to reign in, and why was that determined to be a priority?

    3) Are there plans to introduce player housing at some point? There are a lot of people who would enjoy content not tied to the gear-progression system. You could make an entirely new secondary profession to create furnishings (carpenter/whatever) and/or gather materials (lumber harvest from WoD). You could sprinkle recipes thoughout pve and even pvp content. FF does this and it works pretty great.

    4) Every new class since vanilla has been a hybrid. Why? What does this say about the value of pure-dps classes like mage/warlock/rogue/hunter? Would they stand to be improved by the creation of a new role for them? Example: Survival spec of Hunter. The vast majority of hunter players did not ask for a melee spec, but if they were going to get one, why wasn't it a tanking spec? The Survival hunter rides a pet into battle, using a polearm like a jousting knight. Maybe charge and/or trample mechanics are the main focus. Maybe damage mitigation is stylized through the pet/mount's defenses.
    1) Yes, there will be changes.
    2) People exploited it, and with the heritage armors they want to force people to stay subbed longer.
    3) No.
    4) Lack of tanks/healers.

    3) and 4) have been asked and answered so many times already.
  1. LordKain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakozjubr View Post
    Because the game currently sucks.
    In YOUR opinion..and you know what they say about opinions....


    I'm enjoying BFA.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Said guy/girl with hamster as avatar and name.

    - - - Updated - - -

    fuck wrong quote. Sorry Sharpbladez. I meant Queen of Hamters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Edit for right quote:
    ... How in the actual hell is a Hamster indecent? Beats the hell out of some edgelord name such as yours. Or maybe you didn't think your post through, which would make sense.

Site Navigation