Update: Both US and EU Alliance players now have access to the Warfront.

Battle for Stromgarde Warfront Available for Alliance
The Alliance have completed the progress bar to launch The Battle for Stromgarde Warfront!

Alliance characters with an item level of 320 or higher can now queue for the 20 man PvE large scale scenario to fight for control of Arathi Highlands against the opposite faction AI.

Pick up the quest Warfront: The Battle for Stromgarde and complete the scenario for an item level 370 piece of gear! Warfronts award item level 340 loot baseline upon completion.

Alliance characters have 7 days to complete the Warfront before the Horde characters will be able to start to contribute resources to launch their Warfront!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Stromgarde Warfront Available for Alliance started by chaud View original post
Comments 87 Comments
  1. mmocf53c578f92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Man... it is such a simple concept but a few just can't get it.

    Horde didn't have an iLevel requirement. They added that after they saw what a clusterfreak it turned out to be. Certinaly Alliance were at 320 before they FINALLY got their chance to get into a warfront.

    The point is, literally within a few hours, Horde walked into Mythic+ in 340+ gear. This made is MUCH easy to push higher M+. Much easier to gear higher iLevel... before Alliance even got into a single warfront!

    Hordes progression was made laughably simple... and given the headstart to boot.

    I really don;t care as I didn;t buy BfA and am not going to. But to say Horde didn't have a pretty big advantage this expansion? Completely wrong.
    And here is why speaking out of ignorance a bad thing. It took Horde 1 week to even open up Warfront! That means that both Horde and Alliance had 4 weeks(!!) of time to gear up. 1 week before Warfront even opened for Horde both factions ran M+, Normal Raid and Heroic Raid. When Warfront got released (not opened mind you!), M+ got released as well. Do you seriously think that Alliance sat there for 1 week doing nothing because they didn't have access to Warfront?

    As I said, Warfront if anything is an alternativ method for alts to catch-up, because everyone else that played since BFA release had outgeared Warfront by then. So again, no, Horde did not get a "Big Advantage", and by the time Warfront opened it was no use for the guilds that raced for World First or anyone that had been 120 for a week or longer. So no, Warfront did not enable outgearing. The only logic if Warfront enabled outgearing was if you HAD to do Warfront instead of Heroics and M0 to get gear.

    You are just clearly riding on the whine-wagon, complaining without even fact-checking your arguments first...

    Also:

    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The point is, literally within a few hours, Horde walked into Mythic+ in 340+ gear. This made is MUCH easy to push higher M+. Much easier to gear higher iLevel... before Alliance even got into a single warfront!
    Again, it took 1 week to open up Warfront. Horde had 1 week of time to push M+ as high as possible before they had access to Warfront. By the time Warfront opened they had already outgeared Warfront drops, so for gearing purposes Warfront was useless, except for 1 single item. This quote above shows just how ignorant your rant is.
  1. mmoc133ea5993d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydpolen View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are the one not good with logic here.

    When Warfront was opened (which took ~5-6 days) everyone from Method and Limit had already farmed gear from Mythic+, rendering Warfront useless for gearing when it comes to actual World First race.

    After that, why would or should there be a rush in gearing up asap? I for one did Warfront only once, but it's so goddamn boring since there's no challenge whatsoever, that I went back to Mythic+, as it's more challenging and more rewarding.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Warfront does not enable outgearing. Getting 340 gear is not outgearing. Getting 1x370 is not outgearing BY FAR. People that are in a hurry to gear up spam M+ and "outgear" others by doing that as much as possible.
    Warfront is, if anything, just there for Alts to "catch-up" and be able to raid after 2 days from hitting 120. (Getting 320 ilvl does not take that long, and if it does take several days for you, then the whole "outgearing" argument is kinda null...)
    Facepalm..I mentioned Method and Limit to show how big difference can be by gear...Try to explain slowly..

    Week 1: Horde going to unlock warfronts, both alli and horde can farm rares except world boss (370 with chance), both have chance in M+, but with bad luck you might fked

    Are you still with me?

    Week 2: Horde unlocks Warfront with 100% 370 and BASELINE 340 gear..Alliance wanking in the corner....

    Still with me?

    Week 3: Alliance started to unlock Warfront, Rares resets for HORDE ONLY....

    Week 4: Warfront unlocks for Alliance....

    If still not enough to point out the unbalance between the factions, then i do not know what do you need....
  1. Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar
    Now that I've had a chance to play warfronts (Alliance), I believe their biggest problem is tuning. It's worse than LFR! Is Blizz so down on casual players (surely they tuned this for casual player base) that they are afraid to have game features for them that are even remotely challenging?

    I don't feel like I'm playing warfronts; I feel like I'm going for a ride. I don't mean AFK, because I'm not a slacker. I just don't feel that what I do in warfronts matters. At all. It's just run around and fight stuff or click on glowy stuff and wait for the inevitable victory. Surely Blizz anticipated this part - how could they not? How could they expect that this would be engaging game play?
  1. mmocf53c578f92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Facepalm..I mentioned Method and Limit to show how big difference can be by gear...Try to explain slowly..

    Week 1: Horde going to unlock warfronts, both alli and horde can farm rares except world boss (370 with chance), both have chance in M+, but with bad luck you might fked

    Are you still with me?

    Week 2: Horde unlocks Warfront with 100% 370 and BASELINE 340 gear..Alliance wanking in the corner....

    Still with me?

    Week 3: Alliance started to unlock Warfront, Rares resets for HORDE ONLY....

    Week 4: Warfront unlocks for Alliance....

    If still not enough to point out the unbalance between the factions, then i do not know what do you need....
    You do know that Method and Limit both are Horde faction, right? You do know that it wasn't gear alone that decided the progression? Gear helps, but it is most of the time not the deciding factor. If gear was the only factor in this, then how come there actually were Alliance guilds that was at 7/8 at the same time as Limit and Method? Did they secretly open/exploit into Warfront to outgear their fellow Alliance players?

    You can facepalm as much as you want, but you are grasping for straws. If you think 1x370 gear from Warfront makes such huge differense, then I will start believeing that you aren't even playing BFA.

    "both have chance in M+, but with bad luck you might fked"? That makes no sense at all. Both have chance? There's no chance in that. Both factions did farm M+ (both factions farmed M0 until M+ got unlocked). No one got "bad luck you might fked", whatever that is supposed to mean.

    Now, if you read my full response, you might notice that getting 340 from Warfront DOES NOT EQUAL TO OUTGEARING. You can get your 340+ from Mythic0, so just go do that. You could get 340+ gear from PvP alone, so just go do that. Warfront is for alts to catch-up gearwise. Anyone that was 120 before Warfront got released (and had decent time to play) had good enough gear that it rendered Warfront completely worthless. I did not rush with my Shaman, but I had already outgeared Warfront that there was no point for me to do it when it got unlocked. Everyone complaining about it is just riding the whine-wagon that is ongoing.

    Stop thinking that Warfront is THE way to get high-end gear. It isn't. A friend of mine spammed Warfront to get his 340 gear, yet I outgeared him because I decided to do M+ instead, and PvP. When he had an average ilvl of 345 I was sitting at 355 already. You don't get 355 from Warfront alone, you average to 340, which is the same if you had farmed M0.
    Next time, skip the "Still with me?" bs, since clearly you don't understand the concept "OUTGEARING" or "ADVANTAGE". I suggest you look it up. Horde getting advantage in getting M0 gear 1 week after M+ has been released? Just laughable.
  1. Maudib's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydpolen View Post
    Horde had 1 week of time to push M+ as high as possible before they had access to Warfront. By the time Warfront opened they had already outgeared Warfront drops, so for gearing purposes Warfront was useless, except for 1 single item. This quote above shows just how ignorant your rant is.
    Then I certainly stand corrected. You're right, what was I thinking! Blizzard always releases content with rewards that are already useless. Well in that case, it doesn't matter that warfronts provide useless junk.. in fact.. it seems like the only thing to actually play is M+... screw the rest of the game. Brilliant design!

    Oh.. and just FYI... https://youtu.be/Zv9aJeIInW8?t=15m59s

    Warfronts could be ran doing absolutely nothing... getting 340-370 gear... You just spam it and completely gear out going AFK.

    FACT. So while maybe some dummy was running M+... some other dude was sitting in Warfronts getting dozens of gear items getting war and titan forge procs.
  1. mmocf53c578f92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Then I certainly stand corrected. You're right, what was I thinking! Blizzard always releases content with rewards that are already useless. Well in that case, it doesn't matter that warfronts provide useless junk.. in fact.. it seems like the only thing to actually play is M+... screw the rest of the game. Brilliant design!

    Oh.. and just FYI... https://youtu.be/Zv9aJeIInW8?t=15m59s

    Warfronts could be ran doing absolutely nothing... getting 340-370 gear... You just spam it and completely gear out going AFK.

    FACT. So while maybe some dummy was running M+... some other dude was sitting in Warfronts getting dozens of gear items getting war and titan forge procs.
    I never said Warfront was good Game Design. On the contratry, I've complained that Warfront is useless and boring, as there's no challenge in it.

    Also; FACT. So while maybe some dummy was running Warfront... some other dude was farming M+ getting 360+ ilvl items getting war and titan forge procs.
    Your point was that Warfront was about outgearing, while the ilvl on the gear is the same as M0, which, as I stated, people already had from doing M0 prior it being released, and did 1 week of M+ and Uldir before Warfront opened.

    Also, stop linking to HeelvsBabyface, most of his videos are just whinefest and ignoring facts, making up some BS just to get views.
  1. Maudib's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydpolen View Post
    Also, stop linking to HeelvsBabyface, most of his videos are just whinefest and ignoring facts, making up some BS just to get views.
    I'll link whatever I want. My point, "fact", is that you could completely gear out in 2 hours and easily push M10+. You could not do that starting in Mythic.

Site Navigation