Patch 8.1 Spells Being Taken off the Global Cooldown

Tides of Vengeance Arrives Starting December 11
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The release of Tides of Vengeance opens the way for a new Warfront — Battle for Darkshore, new dwarf and blood elf Heritage armor, Faction Assaults and more. Learn about what’s in store in our Survival Guide and feature previews.



New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore


In the ashen shadow of Teldrassil, the night elves strike back against the Forsaken to reclaim their ancestral homeland in an all-new co-op Warfront. In between battles, discover what awaits in a new version of the Darkshore zone reshaped by the fires of war. This new Warfront will be available to Alliance players as of December 11 and we’ve shortened the cycle for the first two weeks of the Warfront so that players from both factions will have access to it and all its rewards prior to the holidays. Learn More...



Faction Assaults



Grab your friends and take part in the new Faction Assaults in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Defend against invaders or push deep into enemy territory for fun and great rewards. Learn More...



Pet Battle Dungeon: Gnomeregan



Marshal your menagerie and head into the halls of Gnomeregan to face the challenges within in this new Pet Battle Dungeon. Learn More...



New Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor


Celebrate your legacy with two new Heritage Armor sets. Learn More...



Explore Two New Islands in Island Expeditions



Set sail for two new islands—Havenswood and Jorundall— and see what new adventures await in Island Expeditions. Learn More...



New War Campaign Chapters Open

Continue your adventures through Kul Tiras and Zandalar with new War Campaign chapters. Delve into new questlines and new missions as you push forward with your faction’s cause.

Azerite Armor Updates

With the release of Tides of Vengeance, we’ve added a new way for players who participate in Mythic Keystone Dungeons to gain specific Azerite Armor. These players will be able to earn a new currency —Titan Residuum—which can be used to purchase specific items from Thaumaturge Vashreen. You can read more in our forum post.

Once Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 begins, we’ll be introducing new Azerite traits and adding a new fifth ring to items that currently have four rings.The re-spec cost will be reset on Azerite traits and will be reduced from 72 hours to 24 hours.

Reaching Friendly, Honored, or Revered reputation with the Champions of Azeroth faction now unlocks the appropriate quests to upgrade your Heart of Azeroth for all characters on your account.

New Mount: Meat Wagon


Prepare to relive the adventure that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. Pre-purchase Warcraft III: Reforged and you’ll receive the new Meat Wagon mount —live in-game with Tides of Vengeance! Learn more at PlayWarcraft3.com.

Battle of Dazar’alor Opens January 22

For ages untold, Dazar’alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan’s life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari’s bond to the Horde.

Raid Unlock Schedule

  • January 22 — Normal and Heroic Difficulties
  • January 29 — Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1
  • February 12 — Raid Finder Wing 2
  • February 26 — Raid Finder Wing 3

PvP Season 1 Ending and Season 2 Coming January 22

Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 1 will end and Season 2 will begin at the same time as Battle of Dazar’alor opens on January 22.

Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 Begins January 22

To align with the opening of the new raid dungeon, Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 will begin on January 22 with a new Affix to put you and your group to the test.



There’s more to explore in Tides of Vengeance and we look forward to seeing you in game!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Tides of Vengeance Arrives Starting December 11 started by Osiris View original post
Comments 81 Comments
  1. andrewjoy's Avatar
    No thanks , i am quite happy farming in eureka on FF14! Lalafel for the win Wahhhhh!
  1. imunreal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshieFresh View Post
    1. January 22nd might as well be February. When they stated January, most expected the first week of January.
    2. Allows them to be off? For what? Two fucking months? That's unacceptable. I get two days off. Christmas, and New years. I am taking the weekend after Christmas off. This is the business world. Not fucking high school.
    3. The patch that they are giving us are things that should have been in at launch and they're STILL not addressing the major issues this xpac brought.

    There is absolutely no excuse for this level of half assery from a billion dollar company. This is a clear sign that this game is failing, and it spells disaster for the future of this game. I expect sub numbers to dwindle below the million mark now if they haven't already.
    Calm yourself, I get 3 and a half weeks off for Christmas. Construction trade yo!
  1. cuafpr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshieFresh View Post
    1. January 22nd might as well be February. When they stated January, most expected the first week of January.
    2. Allows them to be off? For what? Two fucking months? That's unacceptable. I get two days off. Christmas, and New years. I am taking the weekend after Christmas off. This is the business world. Not fucking high school.
    3. The patch that they are giving us are things that should have been in at launch and they're STILL not addressing the major issues this xpac brought.

    There is absolutely no excuse for this level of half assery from a billion dollar company. This is a clear sign that this game is failing, and it spells disaster for the future of this game. I expect sub numbers to dwindle below the million mark now if they haven't already.
    1) if Jan 22nd might as well be feb... then it would be feb not Jan... There is an entire week of Jan left on the 22nd
    2) yes allows them to be off, their support staff and other staffs will prob be in min manning till the 1st or 2nd week of Jan, its not that uncommon in work spaces to expect more people to be off and rarely be a full staffing during the holidays. Not the entire company off for 2 months lol. Also raid teams can relax and enjoy a break if they want.
    3) i'm not happy with BFA, nor was I with Legion either but i just play less, 3-4 hours a week vs 3-4horus a day i during WoD and earlier.

    and to add i never expected the raid to be launched in Dec, i'm actually surprised they didn't push the patch till Jan.
  1. Halryn's Avatar
    I actually like the new content! I can't stand the horribly negative and toxic community right now... Sure, Blizzard isn't doing the best job they've ever done, but come on people.
    If you really hate it so much, unsub and stay off the forums. You're whining and complaining isn't doing anyone any good.
  1. Howlrunner's Avatar
    Haven't played since BfA launch, and haven't honestly been paying much attention.


    But isn't all this new stuff basically just a zone with dailies and a scenario, and more World Quests but on a timer?
  1. Re4leader1's Avatar
    Gee Willikers batman!! A whole lot of nothing!!!!!
  1. Cazmosis's Avatar
    Nothing worth resubbing for.
  1. Pratt's Avatar
    It makes me so very sad that they spent time on new island expeditions. So much fail.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Why the hell is it 1 1/2 months for the raid to open? Seriously? Is it even really a patch feature if its coming out that late?
    They want to get raiders to resub for that extra month.
  1. grexly75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Why the hell is it 1 1/2 months for the raid to open? Seriously? Is it even really a patch feature if its coming out that late?
    In Legion, Emerald Nightmare raid was released on September 20 2016.. The Nighthold was released January 18 2017 so nearly four months in Emerald Nightmare..

    In BfA, Uldir raid was released on September 4 2018, Battle of Dazar’alor will be open on January 22 2019 so just a bit over four months in Uldir..

    All can say is impatient are you if you think that four months is too long..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    They want to get raiders to resub for that extra month.
    Thing is that the time between Uldir and Battle of Dazar’alor are not really that much more than the time between Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold in Legion..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Gee Willikers batman!! A whole lot of nothing!!!!!
    No a whole lot of nothing is 6.1 the infamous Selfie cam patch in WoD..
  1. Ragu4's Avatar
    Are the levelling nerfs happening on the 11th as well?
  1. Niwes's Avatar
    if i compare that with Wotlk... cheesus some of that whiners here would be in SERIOUS problems. your outdoor content was fukin dailies. for months. raids lasted 4-5 til 6+ months. cheesus SoO in MoP was 14months.

    calm down and get the fuck out of this game and play something else instead whine around like a cry baby.

    i love to play alts and cant play as much as i want cause of all that fuck you have to do on every fukin char.

    and you whine bc „boring“ ? go fukin mythic raid, go m+ higher than 10. go rep. go pet battles. go achievements. go alts. go farming azerite. go pokering the ah. go pvp. go collecting stuff. or go outside and cancel your sub. but go outa my way and stop peepee whining.

    its pathetic and a shame for the human race.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    In Legion, Emerald Nightmare raid was released on September 20 2016.. The Nighthold was released January 18 2017 so nearly four months in Emerald Nightmare..

    In BfA, Uldir raid was released on September 4 2018, Battle of Dazar’alor will be open on January 22 2019 so just a bit over four months in Uldir..

    All can say is impatient are you if you think that four months is too long..

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thing is that the time between Uldir and Battle of Dazar’alor are not really that much more than the time between Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold in Legion..

    - - - Updated - - -



    No a whole lot of nothing is 6.1 the infamous Selfie cam patch in WoD..
    last statement: this.

    ppl had lynched blizzard if they had played while WoD....
    cheesus christ
  1. sensei's Avatar
    I do agree people are too impatient but I really can't fault anyone other than Blizzard themselves for rushing so much content out so quickly and getting the new players accustomed to the faster pace of content release. I raid with my guild and despite raiding twice a week it always feels like Blizzard is rushing us to burn through the content before they just hand out the raid loot to anyone who walks through the door. It often feels like there really isn't much of a point to raiding anymore, just do pet battles for 3-4 months and Blizzard will just hand you raid level epics to catch you up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if i compare that with Wotlk... cheesus some of that whiners here would be in SERIOUS problems. your outdoor content was fukin dailies. for months. raids lasted 4-5 til 6+ months. cheesus SoO in MoP was 14months.

    calm down and get the fuck out of this game and play something else instead whine around like a cry baby.

    i love to play alts and cant play as much as i want cause of all that fuck you have to do on every fukin char.

    and you whine bc „boring“ ? go fukin mythic raid, go m+ higher than 10. go rep. go pet battles. go achievements. go alts. go farming azerite. go pokering the ah. go pvp. go collecting stuff. or go outside and cancel your sub. but go outa my way and stop peepee whining.

    its pathetic and a shame for the human race.

    - - - Updated - - -

    last statement: this.

    ppl had lynched blizzard if they had played while WoD....
    cheesus christ
  1. Brewhan's Avatar
    Is it sad the only thing that interests me is the dwarf/blood elf heritage armor? I've been unsubbed for 2 months and the only temping thing is for me to resub and level up alts with the XP nerf for heritage armor and level my dwarf/blood elf to 120 for theirs. I used to be a hardcore player but wow devs in 2018 have turned me into a dollhouse transmog collector... feelsbadman.
  1. Osiris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Great going OP. You managed to copy and paste EXACTLY what is posted on the MMOC site. lol Unless there is anything that isn:t listed there, why would you make a thread on this?
    Are you asking why I posted a blue post on the front page, as news, just like we do for every other relevant blue post?
  1. ProfessorTjc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Seriously Blizzard? You will not release the raid in December? What do you expect? That I spend my holidays with my family or something?! Shame on you!
    That raid has only been out for 3 months... calm down. Xpac was release August 14th and Uldir didn't come until September 4th.
  1. Johnwho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    That raid has only been out for 3 months... calm down. Xpac was release August 14th and Uldir didn't come until September 4th.
    Dude, that was sarcasm. Like the average answer of folks around here, that can't be a little patience, and want to consume all the content in the moment... even the raid in holidays. Just imagine the mythic race in chrismas... a total shitshow.
  1. Surreality's Avatar
    I feel like Activision is purposefully sabotaging the value of World of Warcraft. They've turned it into a virtual dollhouse with some half-assed harder content for the fraction of a fraction of the population that still even bother with raids. It's pretty much like any other free to play game with no respectability, except it has a subscription charge, making it worse than any free to play game. I'm certainly not going to pay 15 dollars a month or even spend the minimal amount of time required to farm the little bit of gold needed for tokens so I can go on "transmog and mount runs". I'm definitely not paying 15 dollars a month for "Classic", a game I already spent 15 dollars a month on over a decade ago to play.
  1. Erous's Avatar
    Glad I'm not the only one who looked at the patch notes and just went 'meh. ' Sadly, the only thing I'm super interested in is multi threaded graphics optimization.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    And the vocal minority on forums blow their shit since the game isn't being 100% tailored around their whims rather than facts and numbers (only Blizzard has access to those).

    What a surprise. Almost as if people make the "good/bad/good"-idiocy a self-fulfilling thing.

Site Navigation