Update: This recent Muffinus "soon" tweet features the Hivemind.

Patch 8.1.0 - New Mounts
Patch 8.1 adds a variety of mounts!

Warfront Vendor Mounts







Darkshore Rare Mounts








Island Expeditions




Island Expedition Vendor




Frog Mounts
Each of these mounts can be purchased from Gottum in Nazmir for 333,333 gold each.





Warcraft III: Reforged




Secret Mount





Future Patch 8.1 Mounts

Battle for Dazar'alor Mounts








PvP Season 2



This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.1.0 - New Mounts started by chaud View original post
Comments 90 Comments
  1. Pandragon's Avatar
    Well maybe the alliance will stop bitching now. They get an amazing panther mount and we get....The store bat.
  1. mmoce16145715c's Avatar
    How many mounts are they going to throw at people? Nobody knows nor cares where all these mounts are from and there's nowhere to go on them anyway. Make 4 mounts each xpac and make them good, memorable and prestigious. This is all dumpster.
  1. AlmightyGerkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I hope the Hivemind is still a multi-passenger mount.
    Wonder where the secret will start for that mount and how long it will take the secret finding discord server to discover it.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Classes are broken and boring, azerite is shit and players are leaving in droves....


    But here, have another 50 useless mounts to collect!
  1. Froleen's Avatar
    They really keep watering down mount drops with making 500 variants of everything
  1. mmocde0e53a346's Avatar
    the pvp recolors look like complete trash.
  1. Kpmk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Classes are broken and boring, azerite is shit and players are leaving in droves....


    But here, have another 50 useless mounts to collect!
    Actually, catering to their main player base, the casual players, would be pretty smart. Wow dying is inevitable, holding on to as many players for as long as possible would be a smart business plan. And so far this expansion seems to be a hit with the casuals so I don't think they have anything to worry about, don't be such a drama queen.
  1. ali725's Avatar
    Woah jainas a raid boss now
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Actually, catering to their main player base, the casual players, would be pretty smart. Wow dying is inevitable, holding on to as many players for as long as possible would be a smart business plan. And so far this expansion seems to be a hit with the casuals so I don't think they have anything to worry about, don't be such a drama queen.
    Catering to the casual player base is actually a terrible long term strategy as it neither draws new players in nor fosters long term growth. WoW has been catering to the casual player base since the end of WotLK and look where we are now.
  1. Baine's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Th3Scourge;50586692]Classes are broken
    /QUOTE]

    Opinion...Still have fun on my MM hunter, Havoc demon hunter and Frost death knight.
  1. deepjazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Catering to the casual player base is actually a terrible long term strategy as it neither draws new players in nor fosters long term growth. WoW has been catering to the casual player base since the end of WotLK and look where we are now.

    casual players are the best long term stragedy.. those who call them self hardcore raiders is just a fraction of the player base and blizzard would hardly notice it if they all quit playing wow.. but if all the casuals left the game it would kill it, it's the casual players that have been keeping this game alive for years.. they buy items in the store.. they buy game service, tokens.
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepjazz View Post
    casual players are the best long term stragedy.. those who call them self hardcore raiders is just a fraction of the player base and blizzard would hardly notice it if they all quit playing wow.. but if all the casuals left the game it would kill it, it's the casual players that have been keeping this game alive for years.. they buy items in the store.. they buy game service, tokens.
    And this is why we are probably at the lowest sub count in more than a decade
  1. Asura00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Classes are broken and boring, azerite is shit and players are leaving in droves....


    But here, have another 50 useless mounts to collect!
    Right, because the same people making mounts are the same ones do class designs and azerite traits. /s
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asura00 View Post
    Right, because the same people making mounts are the same ones do class designs and azerite traits. /s
    efficient use of resources there....
  1. kemper451's Avatar
    With missions only giving like 100G and repairs/mats costing way more than that, where does the gold come from to buy a 333K gold mount, and three of them? Token prices have never been what they were before and their value is suspiciously stuck at very low amounts (trust the system?) so I can only guess that Blizz wants me to buy three tokens ($60) for each mount color. If I 'only' invested two hours each day farming (repeating the same task), how long would it take for me to get 1M gold to use for this? Hard to imagine that this is what Blizz wants me to play the game or if I should just leave stuff like this for others that found ways to make money doing carries and such.
  1. Dartz1979's Avatar
    There is way too many millennial whining in these threads look if you don't like the game.. ahaha wait you can't unsub or else no classic for you... see that blizzard is a smart company that's why i support them so much.
  1. mmoca396d527a0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I wish Blizzard would stop with these ridiculous gold sinks and gave us some real progression to obtain mounts again.

    Kinda sad I won't be getting those frogger mounts
    What do you mean by 'real progression'? As in raid mounts like the Jaina one or a grind like 'x amount of currency'? I was hoping there would be a new raid mount drop, looks like I've got my wish. Looks really nice aswell imo.
  1. Will's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Baine;50587081]
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Classes are broken
    /QUOTE]

    Opinion...Still have fun on my MM hunter, Havoc demon hunter and Frost death knight.
    Classes being uninteresting is a majority opinion. Sure, some folk are happy. I'm happy with Feral, it still hasn't changed much, but a lot of people I know are not happy, including a MM friend who preferred the legion spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asura00 View Post
    Right, because the same people making mounts are the same ones do class designs and azerite traits. /s
    Sarcasm aside, they really have gone mount-crazy lately. It just sets the direction that the game is going when you see them spam us with mounts like never before. Yay for carrots that people feel inclined to grind!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deepjazz View Post
    casual players are the best long term stragedy.. those who call them self hardcore raiders is just a fraction of the player base and blizzard would hardly notice it if they all quit playing wow.. but if all the casuals left the game it would kill it, it's the casual players that have been keeping this game alive for years.. they buy items in the store.. they buy game service, tokens.
    On the contrary I think casual players are less likely to be the ones buying stuff in the store and investing extra in a game that they only occasionally play. Also, you underestimate the fact that even casual players will lose interest if they're not enjoying the gameplay. Casual doesn't mean you accept everything without question.

    People always say casual players are the bulk of wow's playerbase, but in my experience the bulk of players are a step above casual... perhaps semi-casual or mediumcore, with an interest in progressing beyond mundane/trivial content, but not necessarily an interest in high M+ or mythic raiding. Your average joe player. Has a moderate item level of around 360-365, a few alts, killed some early heroic raid bosses, possibly cleared normal depending on the guild they're in, done some lower M+ keys. This category of player arguably outnumbers your super duper casual who is nervous about touching even a base mythic and hasn't stepped beyond LFR.
  1. pfbe's Avatar
    1 service medal per world quest. 15 for the first WF win of the cycle. Sounds like a job, except you pay to work.

Site Navigation