Next Hero Revealed

Overwatch Contenders to Test New Chat Moderation Program
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
We’re always testing out new ways to improve the viewer experience for the Overwatch Path to Pro ecosystem. As part of this, Contenders is trialing a new chat moderation program that requires users who wish to participate in Twitch chat to link their Blizzard Battle.net and Twitch accounts.

The program will be trialed during 2018 Season 3 quarterfinals matches across all regions, from Dec. 28, 2018, through Jan. 12, 2019. The Path to Pro team then will evaluate the program’s overall effect on creating a more positive viewing experience.

To link your Battle.net and Twitch accounts, log into Twitch, visit https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections, and select the “Connect” option under Blizzard Battle.net. Users who try to chat with unlinked accounts will be met with an automatic reply and prompted to link their accounts.

Follow the official Contenders Twitch channel, and watch the official Path to Pro Twitter for more updates.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Overwatch Contenders to Test New Chat Moderation Program started by chaud View original post
Comments 249 Comments
  1. Acidbaron's Avatar
    This probably means they can try to extend the gem system even further, so people who watch overwatch can also join in the process of being milked by acti-blizz
  1. klaps_05's Avatar
    George Orwell would be proud. For reference as to what happens when you make twitch politically correct, refer to the dota2 ESL tournaments which were on Facebook.
  1. shadowmatrix's Avatar
    So once you ignore the childish conspiracies it becomes no different then the sub only channels except it isn't locked behind a pay wall.
  1. Release's Avatar
    I really don't like this. Twitch chat is a guilty pleasure and part of watching esports for me plus as others have said it's probably also done in cooperate economic interests.
  1. Sting's Avatar
    Path to 0 viewers
  1. Evilmoo's Avatar
    fuck this leftist utopia.
  1. Sting's Avatar
    Taking bets on how many "Trihard 7" it'll take to get my account permabanned.
  1. mmoc99a517f13b's Avatar
    Yup, now you can lose your game if you talk trash in twitch.
  1. Nzx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    fuck this leftist utopia.
    Lmao. Because corporate greed and data gathering is such an historic left-wing activity. Seriously, if you're this obsessed with hating other people because of your presumption of their political leanings, try going outside for a bit. It's not healthy.
  1. mmoc9aad74b9e3's Avatar
    Why doesn't Blizzard just stream their shitty e-sports on their own streaming site like they did with BlizzCon?
  1. Justpassing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    fuck this leftist utopia.
    I'm not savvy with American politics but wouldn't a right-wing "utopia" would get you banned much, much faster? Christian server?
  1. shadowmatrix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Yup, now you can lose your game if you talk trash in twitch.
    You got an official link to back up that statement?
  1. xcitng's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao. Because corporate greed and data gathering is such an historic left-wing activity. Seriously, if you're this obsessed with hating other people because of your presumption of their political leanings, try going outside for a bit. It's not healthy.
    Neither is swallowing every drop from blizzard
  1. lonely zergling's Avatar
    I remember how I was banned at the blizzard twitch stream for posting a cmonbrah emote randomly. I guess they hate black people.
  1. Aeula's Avatar
    So lose all your Blizzard games if you say something they don’t like?

    Whelp, I don’t even watch Overwatch stuff, but I’ve unlinked my twitch and battle.net account. Fuck knows where else they’ll start enforcing this.
  1. TOM_RUS's Avatar
    You can't hide the truth!
  1. Nightstalker's Avatar
    Nope!
    The fastest way to assure your chat will end up as a barren wasteland.
  1. Corruptus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You got an official link to back up that statement?
    He said you can lose by being banned, not that you will. By linking your accounts you will giveaway the ability to do so. What else do you need to know?
  1. mmoc99a517f13b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You got an official link to back up that statement?
    Yes.
    https://overwatchcontenders.com/en-us/news/22819839

    Keywords: a new chat moderation program. As for the exacts consequences for your blizzard or twitch account, nobody knows exactly for now. The program strat today, so we will know pretty quickly i guess.
  1. wubsylol's Avatar
    It's funny how now being an obnoxious dick is considered 'left wing' these days

Site Navigation