Imperius Spotlight



Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - January 2, 2019
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until January 8. As always, if you encounter any bugs during your PTR play sessions, please stop by the PTR Bug Report forum to let us know about your experiences.


Quick Navigation:


New Hero: Imperius (Warrior)

Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.

Trait
  • Valorous Brand
    • Each Basic Ability marks enemy Heroes hit for 10 seconds. Basic Attacks consume the target's marks, dealing 30% bonus damage per mark.

Basic Abilities
  • Celestial Charge (Q)
    • Lunge towards a targeted direction and stab, dealing 35 damage. If an enemy Hero is hit, Channel to Stun for 1 second and deal 70 additional damage when it fully finishes.
  • Solarion’s Flare (W)
    • Release a fiery wave that deals 100 damage. Enemies hit by the center take 50 bonus damage and are Slowed by 40% for 3 seconds.
  • Molten Armor (E)
    • Shroud Imperius in flames for 3 seconds, striking a nearby enemy for 19 damage every 0.25 seconds. Imperius heals for 100% of the damage dealt, with healing doubled versus Heroes.

Heroic Abilities
  • Angelic Armaments (R)
    • Summon a ring of blazing swords that grants 1000 Shield for 3 seconds.If the Shield lasts the full duration, this ability can be reactivated within 5 seconds to launch 6 swords toward an area, each dealing 140 damage to the first enemy hit.
  • Wrath of the Angiris (R)
    • After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving.After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.


User Interface

  • A number of visual improvements have been implemented for the Boost system both in and out of games.


Heroes

Specialist

Abathur


Abilities
  • Evolve Monstrosity (R)
    • Health increased from 1000 to 1350
    • Basic Attack damage increased from 73 to 85
    • Health bonus per minion killed reduced from 5 to 2%
    • Damage bonus per minion killed reduced from 5 to 2%


Warrior

Arthas


Abilities


  • Summon Sindragosa (R)
    • No longer disables enemy Summons
    • Enemy Summons are now slowed by 60% for 4 seconds


Diablo


Talents
  • Level 1
    • Soul Shield (Passive)
      • Soul Shield will now dynamically update if Diablo gains Souls while the Spell Armor is active


Collection

New Bundles
  • The following new bundles are only available for a limited time!
    • Imperius Heroic Bundle
    • Angiris Council Bundle

New Announcer
  • Imperius Announcer
  • Johanna Announcer
  • Ilarian Announcer

New Mount
  • Crystalline Saddled Battle Beast

New Skins
  • Imperius
    • Vindicator Imperius
    • Indomitable Imperius
    • Demonic Imperius
    • Abyssal Demonic Imperius
    • Vile Demonic Imperius

New Portraits, Sprays, and Emojis
  • Several new emoji packs and portraits have also been added to the game.


Bug Fixes

User Interface
  • Fixed a number of tooltip issues and inaccuracies across the game.
  • Fixed an issue causing Battleground names to be difficult to read on the Hero Select screen of Custom Games.


Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
  • Brightwing: Fixed an issue preventing the Unstable Anomaly talent from increasing Polymorph’s slow.
  • Malthael: Fixed an issue that caused some of Malthael’s spell effects to become visible in the fog of war.
  • Zul’jin: Fixed an issue that could cause the No Mercy! Talent to reduce damage dealt by Grievous Throw.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Imperius Spotlight, PTR Patch Notes - January 2, 2019 started by Nerraw View original post
Comments 39 Comments
  1. kamuimac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ask yourself - would a dead game receive updates with new features?
    P.S.
    Though to play devil's advocate - this might be one of the last updates, just to pacify people by "Look we are still supporting it after the announcment we made before!" and then drop it.
    just because they put it in maitnance mode it doesnt mean they are shutting it down .

    nobody would shut down game that brings milions of $$$$ weekly from lootboxes and skins.
  1. Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    WTF is this dead game doing on the MMO-champs main page?
    wake me up when sc2 will get to frontpage
  1. Theoris's Avatar
    His kit seems fun, particularly his Q and second Heroic.
  1. aeuhe4yxzhds's Avatar
    What the fuck does this have to do with wow?
  1. Hollycakes's Avatar
    Like 6 people all made the same comments. The same stupid comments. Showing they can neither read properly nor have a clue what this site is for. Well done.
  1. ophion1990's Avatar
    He looks really fun, can't wait to try him. Especially his ults look insane.
  1. RadasNoir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    His kit seems fun, particularly his Q and second Heroic.
    Those two abilities seem made for each other, diving in and yoinking an enemy hero back to your team.

    Beyond that, my only complaints are mostly cosmetic. I wish his wings were a bit more prominent, and that he actually floated instead of walking, like Tyreal and Auriel. I initially thought that maybe they just made him walk to make him visually distinct from Tyreal, but remembered that not only does Auriel also float, but they both have a much more similar color scheme, compared to Imperius. So, I'm not quite sure why they went with him marching around instead of floating about?
  1. mmoc7a6160169a's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    next hero after this one will take at least 6 months if not a year IF EVER. Most developers moved to more important projects. Game is dead.
    i bet you that we see the next hero after imperius in 6-8 weeks.

    Btw: With the current line up of heroes we dont need a new hero every 4 weeks. I think if you are not a pro very little will change for you.
    Hots was likely slowing donw in heroes and mapf if they have a good baseline.
  1. Theoris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Beyond that, my only complaints are mostly cosmetic. I wish his wings were a bit more prominent, and that he actually floated instead of walking, like Tyreal and Auriel. I initially thought that maybe they just made him walk to make him visually distinct from Tyreal, but remembered that not only does Auriel also float, but they both have a much more similar color scheme, compared to Imperius. So, I'm not quite sure why they went with him marching around instead of floating about?
    I thought his wings seem pretty scaled down too. And just to add to that, Malthael floats too (at least when walking) and his wings are a lot closer to his Diablo 3 look.
  1. Rawrajishxc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    just because they put it in maitnance mode it doesnt mean they are shutting it down .

    nobody would shut down game that brings milions of $$$$ weekly from lootboxes and skins.
    HotS doesn't make them millions of $ from lootboxes and skins though, which is why they took devs from the game.
  1. mmoc5ef3a4fb0f's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    just because they put it in maitnance mode it doesnt mean they are shutting it down .

    nobody would shut down game that brings milions of $$$$ weekly from lootboxes and skins.
    Lol millions weekly. Sure thing m8, sure thing.

    As I posted in another thread, Heroes development at Blizzard is around 3, 3.5 months ahead of the current release. This means it will take until end of Feb/March until you really feel how updates/heroes are going to be changed by having the game on maintenance mode. You can expect fewer details, more copy pasting and in general poor art to follow since those are the resources easily moved around.

    As for Imperius
    https://imgur.com/vSQcOVu
    https://imgur.com/V1PGtq5

    As for how worked on a game on maintenance mode is -> check diablo 3.
  1. Zapanth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Lol millions weekly. Sure thing m8, sure thing.

    As I posted in another thread, Heroes development at Blizzard is around 3, 3.5 months ahead of the current release. This means it will take until end of Feb/March until you really feel how updates/heroes are going to be changed by having the game on maintenance mode. You can expect fewer details, more copy pasting and in general poor art to follow since those are the resources easily moved around.

    As for Imperius
    https://imgur.com/vSQcOVu
    https://imgur.com/V1PGtq5

    As for how worked on a game on maintenance mode is -> check diablo 3.
    I mean you can say the same thing about Guldans felfire. Same basic effect, except imperius marks them, mediv gets a cd reduction if it hits heros (IIRC), one of Lunaras ults; then theres Malth's aoe and how it functions very similarly to guldans corruption. We can go on........
    My point is that, Imperius haing one ability that is similar to another hero's doesn't mean the game is dead or that they are copy pasting.
  1. Fetus Rex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    I mean you can say the same thing about Guldans felfire. Same basic effect, except imperius marks them, mediv gets a cd reduction if it hits heros (IIRC), one of Lunaras ults; then theres Malth's aoe and how it functions very similarly to guldans corruption. We can go on........
    My point is that, Imperius haing one ability that is similar to another hero's doesn't mean the game is dead or that they are copy pasting.
    It is about visuals not mechanics. It is the same spell with few cosmetic changes.
  1. Ausr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It is about visuals not mechanics. It is the same spell with few cosmetic changes.
    A spell has a different look?

    GAME IS DEAD, EVERYONE! Abandon the fucking ship!
  1. Fetus Rex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    A spell has a different look?

    GAME IS DEAD, EVERYONE! Abandon the fucking ship!
    It doesn't have one, that's the problem.
  1. naeblis495's Avatar
    did the talents has been released yet ?
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    did the talents has been released yet ?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Diablo-Hero
  1. naeblis495's Avatar
    thank you
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    thank you
    No probs!

Site Navigation