New In-Game Shop Mount - Hogrus, Swine of Good Fortune!

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - January 30, 2019
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeons and Raids
  • Battle of Dazar’alor
    • Stormwall Blockade
      • The interval between spawns of Energized Storms has been reduced by 25% on all non-Mythic difficulties.
      • Developers’ notes: This reverts one of the changes made yesterday. In combination with the health reduction to Laminaria and the Energized Storm, this additional change excessively reduced the difficulty of what was meant to be a challenging encounter deep in Battle of Dazar’alor, so we’re rolling it back. All other changes from yesterday remain.

Items
  • Heart of Azeroth
    • Fixed a bug that caused Bonded Souls to target pets. It will now only select the nearest friendly player while it is active.
    • Monk
      • Fury of Xuen can now stack up to 100 times (was 67).
      • Developers’ notes: In a hotfix made yesterday, the per-stack percentage went from 1.5 to 1%. We want the total chance to still be able to stack up to 100%.

World
  • Sylvanas has dispatched additional Horde guard support near the Banshee's Wail and Warfront staging areas of the Port of Zandalar. The scamps with scrolls that were previously found in the Warfront area have been relocated to other parts of the Grand Bazaar.
  • Fixed a bug at some Guard Posts that caused NPC guards to ignore nearby players who need killin’.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - January 30, 2019 started by chaud View original post
Comments 20 Comments
  1. Krimsonmyst's Avatar
    Kinda bummed they nerfed Blockade as hard as they did.

    Like sure, it was overtuned, but it was good to see that there was an early roadblock even for casual guilds.
  1. lasheric's Avatar
    buff Arms just a bit more blizzard, please!
  1. Th3Scourge's Avatar
    I'm glad they realised how stupid it was to have the opposite faction storming your port with no retaliation from the NPCs
  1. Kikazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'm glad they realised how stupid it was to have the opposite faction storming your port with no retaliation from the NPCs
    i ohnestly think this is the best of all the hotixes,

    like come on a raid group of 30 storming your docks, and 3-4 guards just dont even attack them, even when your mowed down in front of them.

    the issue was not that the guards werent there,
    its that they were treating hostile targets as neutrals.

    might have something to do with people being Exalted with Zandalari from Vanilla?
  1. Drynix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
    Kinda bummed they nerfed Blockade as hard as they did.

    Like sure, it was overtuned, but it was good to see that there was an early roadblock even for casual guilds.
    I wouldn't call the 8th boss in a 9 boss raid an early roadblock though. :P
  1. NMX-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I wouldn't call the 8th boss in a 9 boss raid an early roadblock though. :P
    think he means this early into a raid tier (77 days, more or less), not that early into a raid lockout
  1. Nevcairiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    think he means this early into a raid tier (77 days, more or less), not that early into a raid lockout
    That doesn't even make any sense. Its the second to last boss in the tier, thats never "early", entirely independent of how fast anyone progresses to it.
  1. Aeula's Avatar
    They buffed Blockade again? What the fuck? Even post nerfs it’s still way too hard for Normal.
  1. Turbopower's Avatar
    I didn't understand, they buffed storms back again??
  1. Aretak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i ohnestly think this is the best of all the hotixes,

    like come on a raid group of 30 storming your docks, and 3-4 guards just dont even attack them, even when your mowed down in front of them.

    the issue was not that the guards werent there,
    its that they were treating hostile targets as neutrals.

    might have something to do with people being Exalted with Zandalari from Vanilla?
    The issue was that most of the guards weren't really there. They were just phased window dressing to make the place seem more alive. Most of them are orcs and undead anyway at the docks, so rep wouldn't have anything to do with it. At least it's being addressed.
  1. Sorrowseer's Avatar
    Zandalar port got an npc buff, really, the horde still attack into boralus unimpeded >>
  1. Zequill's Avatar
    One of the issue with Stormwall Blockade is that when you kill an adds, it reapply the debuff to spawn it to a random people. If you kill the adds before it reach the boss, you are just wasting your dps. You need to keep some dps (melee are perfect there) on the boss at all time except if an adds is casting on boss. If not, you will be overwhelmed when the boss cast a new debuff, making 2 adds spawn at the same time (look like at least 2 minutes in phase 2)
  1. Puremallace's Avatar
    Horde gets camped for one week....you know the faction all the devs play and the guards get a massive buff. Meanwhile when I was horde I could stand on top the Stormwind AH and rain death down while little mosquitos that are guards tapped me on the shoulder.
  1. Danuel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Horde gets camped for one week....you know the faction all the devs play
    Nah, devs plays only games on phones.
  1. Appelgren's Avatar
    On a side note: New MMO mobile layout looks sweet!
  1. Kikazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Zandalar port got an npc buff, really, the horde still attack into boralus unimpeded >>
    maybe thats something to do with Alliance being on the defensive? as horde started the war....

    i mean god damn, you just sacked our entire city, and killed its king.

    and you dont think they would increase security....
  1. bullseyed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I wouldn't call the 8th boss in a 9 boss raid an early roadblock though. :P
    /r/competitivewow considers normal Blockade to be harder than mythic Champion of the Light.

    Seems like a little much.
  1. Kangumosa's Avatar
    Yeah this mobile layout is utter garbage
  1. Sorrowseer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    maybe thats something to do with Alliance being on the defensive? as horde started the war....

    i mean god damn, you just sacked our entire city, and killed its king.

    and you dont think they would increase security....
    Game mechanics > lore.
  1. Kikazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Game mechanics > lore.
    but as i was saying, yes they put more guards there cause at any given time we had 40+ alliance camping the docks,

    but on a lore side, Alliance killed their king, Sylvannas wants to show the Zandalari her support. isnt that a good way by throwing More Soldiers into the Capital to defend it,

    not like the undead have a capital to defend anymore..... Lol

Site Navigation