Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Zandalari Troll Embrace of the Loa Shrines
The Zandalari Troll racial ability Embrace of the Loa now requires your Zandalari troll to use the ability in front of one of the Zandalari loa shrines around Dazar'alor. This grants you the buff of the loa and will remain until you replace it with another loa shrine. This activates a 5 day cooldown during which you cannot change the buff. You can talk to guards in Dazar'alor to get the specific shrine marked on the map.

  • Embrace of the Loa
    • Embrace of Krag'wa - (Top left shrine on map) Taking damage has a chance to grant you [ Greater of {300% of Spell Power} or {300% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] additional Health and [ Greater of {50% of Spell Power} or {50% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Armor.
    • Embrace of Kimbul - (Top right shrine on map) Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed for [ Greater of {66% of Spell Power} or {66% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} * 3 ] over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    • Embrace of Bwonsamdi - (lower left shrine on map) Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal [ Greater of {66% of Spell Power} or {66% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.
    • Embrace of Paku - (Bottom left shrine on map) Your abilities have a chance to grant you 5% critical strike for 0 sec.
    • Embrace of Gonk - (Bottom right shrine on map) Increase movement speed by 5%.
    • Embrace of Akunda - (lower right shrine on map) Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for [ Greater of {50% of Spell Power} or {50% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ].









Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster
The Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster functions much like the carousel, giving you the WHEE! buff after riding it. It costs one Darkmoon Ride Ticket.







Dark Legacy Comics #668
DLC #668 has been released!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.1.5 PTR - Zandalari Troll Shrines, Darkmoon Faire Roller Coaster, DLC #668 started by chaud View original post
Comments 70 Comments
  1. Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Regeneratin' was also changed last build to a 6 second channel. https://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/291944-regeneratin

    100% heal value and 90 sec cd remains unchanged
    You'd think they'd pick Regeneratin' or Embrace of the Loa for the racial, not both. Both seems... really over the top good.
  1. RyudoTFO's Avatar
    I like the fact that you have to go back to your "hometown" to change the blessings, also the long cool down, so you won't change them all the time. That is a really cool mechanic, story and gameplay wise. Now rework the Mag'har racial to something similar, or the Gnome gets it
    *holds up a Gnome threatening him with a rusty fork*
  1. Chonar's Avatar
    Mmm. They added Dark Iron Mole machines all across the world for their racial.
    Maybe we'll see more shrines (where they make sense thematically) across the world?

    Could be a Bwonsamdi shrine in Durotar's Echo Isles.
    A Kimbul shrine in Stranglethorn vale...
    Krag'wa shrine in Swamp of Sorrows... etc.
  1. PlazaPlaza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember when races came with the expansion purchase and were there to create from day 1 and not timegated?

    What's next "Allied Classes"?
  1. emerik5201's Avatar
    The fact they've been so silent about release dates for this patch is so frustrating. I've been waiting for my zandalari since the launch. The fact they are being patched in later and still haven't is frustrating. And I understand wanting to have the kultiran ready but why on Earth were they so unfinished? Blizzard couldn't have expected people to not want to play as them. My first thought after seeing the trolls as a feature was that kultiran would be playable as well.
    Even the original plan was that they joined us after we settled things for them. Now granted, horde side, we failed at stopping the seal from being destroyed but we did clean house for them. And alliance side, it makes no sense that the kultiran aren't part of the alliance until after the siege of zuldazar. Alliance characters fix everything for the kultiran. Not just that they supplied the boats for an attack on the zandalari.
    This is all without mentioning that there are zandalari NPCs titled horde captives.
    A neat less frustrating thing would to have the quest unlock for the allied races at the end of the mythic race as a way to get people involved and excited. For all the playerbase not just the raiders.
  1. lasheric's Avatar
    5 days is ridiculous. I don't care about the arguments about what other classes have, 5 days is still ridiculous.
  1. Mardux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    As if Zandalari trolls were not ALREADY OP with 100% regeneration every 1.5 minutes.
    Found the person that doesn't kick then whines when a cast goes off.
  1. Sionnoaries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Bloodfury is still useful for tanks. Tanks still deal damage and need to out threat DPS.




    Stoneform is not the throughput racial for Dwarfs, Might of the Mountain is. Also is useful for healers dps and tanks.

    Might of the Mountain Dwarf Racial
    Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.





    Yes, this one is useless which is why I said most not all.






    Same thing as Dwarf racial.

    Brawn Tauren Racial
    Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.




    It's not 5% passive crit, its a chance to get 4% crit for 12 seconds which is hilariously bad.





    The specialized racials are fine and would be pretty cool actually - if there was no 5day cooldown and needing to be in a specific spot to activate them. The problem is that the illusion of choice is so annoying. If they had just gotten 1 racial that wasn't that great I wouldn't be bothered about it but the fact that they set 6 out in front of you but realistically you can only use 1. Nobody is ever going to say "Hold on let me swap to my tank racial for this M+" and then do it because O gee golly gosh its raid day and I don't have my DPS racial. Cool system!
    Yeah it's maybe an illusion of choice every 5 days but for other races you don't have the choice at all. Nobody is ever going to say "Hold on let me pay a swap race for this M+".

    And like you say on pretty every other races you still can use racials cross specs. And it's still true for embraces.

    Embrace of Krag'wa - Give you armor and hp still. Less effective for healer and dps but fairly decent.
    Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed. Less effective for healer and tank but still useable.
    Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done. Less effective for healer and tank but still useable and maybe great on some of them.
    Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 5% critical strike for 0 sec. Totally cross specs
    Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%. Totally cross specs
    Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target. Less effective for dps and tank but still proc, and if you pikk this one you probably are a main healer and have an heal as dps and tank spec.

    On this race you have the opportunity for free every 5 days to optimize your char for the spec you want to play. Will be a less effective for others specs, but it's pretty like every other races. And in top of that you still have a perfectly cross spec crit proc.

    The only down side can be uptime/damage/heal/... for now it's still on PTR. We will see when it will be live, but for now, it's a strong racial and i don't understand how we can whine about it just because a 5 days CD on racial that can still be useable cross specs or the 5min needed to go to shrine.
  1. Sionnoaries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Bloodfury is still useful for tanks. Tanks still deal damage and need to out threat DPS.




    Stoneform is not the throughput racial for Dwarfs, Might of the Mountain is. Also is useful for healers dps and tanks.

    Might of the Mountain Dwarf Racial
    Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.





    Yes, this one is useless which is why I said most not all.






    Same thing as Dwarf racial.

    Brawn Tauren Racial
    Critical strike damage and healing increased by 2%.




    It's not 5% passive crit, its a chance to get 4% crit for 12 seconds which is hilariously bad.





    The specialized racials are fine and would be pretty cool actually - if there was no 5day cooldown and needing to be in a specific spot to activate them. The problem is that the illusion of choice is so annoying. If they had just gotten 1 racial that wasn't that great I wouldn't be bothered about it but the fact that they set 6 out in front of you but realistically you can only use 1. Nobody is ever going to say "Hold on let me swap to my tank racial for this M+" and then do it because O gee golly gosh its raid day and I don't have my DPS racial. Cool system!
    Yeah it's maybe an illusion of choice every 5 days but for other races you don't have the choice at all. Nobody is ever going to say "Hold on let me pay a swap race for this M+".

    And like you say on pretty every other races you still can use racials cross specs. And it's still true for embraces.

    Embrace of Krag'wa - Give you armor and hp still. Less effective for healer and dps but fairly decent.
    Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed. Less effective for healer and tank but still useable.
    Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done. Less effective for healer and tank but still useable and maybe great on some of them.
    Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 5% critical strike for 0 sec. Totally cross specs
    Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%. Totally cross specs
    Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target. Less effective for dps and tank but still proc, and if you pikk this one you probably are a main healer and have an heal as dps and tank spec.

    On this race you have the opportunity for free every 5 days to optimize your char for the spec you want to play. Will be a less effective for others specs, but it's pretty like every other races. And in top of that you still have a perfectly cross spec crit proc.

    The only down side can be uptime/damage/heal/... for now it's still on PTR. We will see when it will be live, but for now, it's a strong racial and i don't understand how we can whine about it just because a 5 days CD on racial that can still be useable cross specs or the 5min needed to go to shrine.
  1. Casperite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennelyn View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining about the fact that you have to wait 5 days to switch your loa buff, or that you have to go back to your capital (where you spend most of your day anyways) to change it. Dude. You GET A CHOICE. That alone is so valuable, you can play any class/spec you want and still be "viable". If you switch between specs during raid a lot, then choose a buff that's good for both, or choose the one that's for your main or your more valuable spec to the raid.

    Zandalari are looking to be the coolest and most OP race released thus far, between having a buff you can choose and the regenerating racial.
    Some people here will complain about everything that comes out.

Site Navigation