Pre-order the World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition

World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary In-Game Rewards

WoW Classic Launches August 27, 2019. Beta Starts May 15th
Blizzard announced this morning that WoW Classic will launch on August 27th, 2019. The beta starts May 15th!

Be sure you have opted in for beta!


Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Mark your calendars: WoW Classic goes live worldwide August 27! Whether your battle cry is “For the Horde!” or “For the Alliance!”, there’s no shortage of adventure awaiting you in the vast continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

See below for details on the exact time you can log in and experience the origins of World of Warcraft.




Classic WoW Testing Schedule
Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

Stress Test Schedule*
Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19
*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Create Your Character
If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 27 in local time.
** To align with other regions, the Americas character creation will occur slightly ahead of August 13.
This article was originally published in forum thread: WoW Classic Launches August 27th, Beta May 15th started by Stoy View original post
Comments 219 Comments
  1. tikcol's Avatar
    Worst date possible. I start work that day coming from a 2 week vacation. I'm so sad rn I might go full emo
  1. Castration's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just sad, go watch some Tseries buddy.
    you should really play with us, if you were invited, which i guess you weren't. :'(
  1. Valhalladin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Do you not know 24 hours clocks?

    2358hrs... is the 26th...

    2359hrs... is the 26th...

    0000hrs... is the 27th...

    0001hrs... is the 27th...

    At midnight, aka 0000hrs the day changes.
    Yes I know how a 24 hour clock works generic forum poster.

    Some companies, including the one I work for use 00:01 to signal a new day and 00:00 to mean the previous day. I didn't write a post to ask how a clock works thank you.
  1. Otaka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eh, I having played them all.. yea i probably put classic above bfa... but it's still below wod. Wrath cata and mop had some of the best class game play ever, vanilla's class and spec game play was horrible, but it was better then what we had at the time.

    And I will never enjoy leveling... didn't enjoy it in Vanilla, don't enjoy it today, end game is the only part of the game I enjoy.
    How can you claim wod had good class design? it was literally the era of homogenization... every class had everything so there was no class prestige and the only thing you had going for your class was different animations and lore perspective.
    This all began in Wotlk and continued up to legion when they started focusing on class fantasy more.

    DPS rotation and gameplay pretty much was identical to every class and spec between cata-wod. The FEEL of the gameplay wasnt any different between casters nor were they any different between melee classes, even if you had 2 hander compared to dualwielding.
    I tried maining enhancement shaman in wod and the things that made the spec special were not even part of the main damage in raids... windfury for example did a total of 3% of my total damage in a boss fight. Where as in vanilla the main damage component for enhancement was windfury, that was its prestige that no other class had. (not that they were dpsing in raids back then but the class-prestige was there)

    Class fantasy/gameplay is not only about raid dps rotation... thats elitist talk. The real fantasy what people care about is what you have/can do that other classes dont have/cant do.

    Its only your problem if you dont enjoy leveling... thats a huge part of the game.
    Personally I usually dont play a game if i dont enjoy it for the first 5 mins... i dont like wasting my time before getting to the fun part so if i didnt like leveling i wouldnt even play WoW... luckily i do, just not in BFA (or cataclysm tbh) since its way too easy and has no challenge unless i handicap myself.
    Thats why over the years people have developed the mental attitude about fun starting at max level, in a way its true but its nowhere near black and white/yes or no when it comes to classic.
    In BFA its pretty much true... but then again its a different game.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    How can you claim wod had good class design? it was literally the era of homogenization... every class had everything so there was no class prestige and the only thing you had going for your class was different animations and lore perspective.
    This all began in Wotlk and continued up to legion when they started focusing on class fantasy more.

    DPS rotation and gameplay pretty much was identical to every class and spec between cata-wod. The FEEL of the gameplay wasnt any different between casters nor were they any different between melee classes, even if you had 2 hander compared to dualwielding.
    I tried maining enhancement shaman in wod and the things that made the spec special were not even part of the main damage in raids... windfury for example did a total of 3% of my total damage in a boss fight. Where as in vanilla the main damage component for enhancement was windfury, that was its prestige that no other class had. (not that they were dpsing in raids back then but the class-prestige was there)

    Class fantasy/gameplay is not only about raid dps rotation... thats elitist talk. The real fantasy what people care about is what you have/can do that other classes dont have/cant do.

    Its only your problem if you dont enjoy leveling... thats a huge part of the game.
    Personally I usually dont play a game if i dont enjoy it for the first 5 mins... i dont like wasting my time before getting to the fun part so if i didnt like leveling i wouldnt even play WoW... luckily i do, just not in BFA (or cataclysm tbh) since its way too easy and has no challenge unless i handicap myself.
    Thats why over the years people have developed the mental attitude about fun starting at max level, in a way its true but its nowhere near black and white/yes or no when it comes to classic.
    In BFA its pretty much true... but then again its a different game.
    Don't know where you got WoD class game play being good... there's a period there: "but it's still below wod. Wrath cata and mop had some of the best class game play ever"

    And I played day one til the end of vanilla, leveling was never the fun part for me... ever, it was doing Raids, it was doing dungeons, it was getting awesome items like Benediction and Rhok, it was all the end game stuff.

    I did have 6 or 7 60s though, I'm just really good at slogging through shit to get to the fun part.
  1. ablock87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Are they paying a sub on a private server? BRs will play the worst garbage if it's free. But please, continue thinking a 15-year old game will be a success in 2019.
    I play Super Metroid to this day and it's over 25. But keep thinking age is any indication of good gameplay.
  1. ringpriest's Avatar
    It's nice that it's releasing, but why in the middle of summer, damn it?! I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, and I'm not going to have time to play until winter! Ah well.
  1. Felixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'll never understand how people can manage to say in the same breath "people have forgotten what Vanilla was like" and "people play private server".
    It's like their brain is so damaged it can only hold "I don't like Vanilla herp derp" idea in it, and everything that could support their point is okay, even if self-contradictory or factually wrong.
    You drew two different sentences out of context. I wrote,that there are two groups of people - the ones,who are complaining,that some crappy private realm was closed and those,who are simply nostalgic about the game,though have forgotten what was it really like back then. I also wrote,that there are people,who don't understand (because they didn't play the game back then) or have forgotten (because they didn't play that version of the game for more than a decade) what it really took back then to raid - not a single word about a private realm players.

    Now,because of the fact,that you are uncapable to read a post properly and are capable only to draw the line between two sentences you saw in whole text,ignoring the other facts stated in it,thus making some kind of silly assumptions,you think,that you have a right to call me brain damaged? Who the hell you think you are? What gives a right to offend me? The fact,that you have been registered here for 11 years,thus you think you're proving that you're a hardcore,old-school "I know what it really was back then,SHUT UP who has other opinions" knowitall? I don't care if you played since World of Warcraft beta,that doesn't give you a right to offend anybody on this forum.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    You drew two different sentences out of context. I wrote,that there are two groups of people - the ones,who are complaining,that some crappy private realm was closed and those,who are simply nostalgic about the game,though have forgotten what was it really like back then. I also wrote,that there are people,who don't understand (because they didn't play the game back then) or have forgotten (because they didn't play that version of the game for more than a decade) what it really took back then to raid - not a single word about a private realm players.

    Now,because of the fact,that you are uncapable to read a post properly and are capable only to draw the line between two sentences you saw in whole text,ignoring the other facts stated in it,thus making some kind of silly assumptions
    Nice bullshit posturing, but that's just for show. Let's requote your post to get the context you're pretending was ignored :

    What did I miss exactly? The fact,that there was a bunch of people,who were playing on a private server,which was closed,and who went on to whine on the Blizzard forums,demanding an old version of a game? Or the fact,that there's a bunch of people,who think,that if they will start playing vanilla again today,it will all be the same as back - despite the fact,that a memory tends to portray things in a brighter light,than they actually were?

    People seriously don't understand or have forgotten what it's like,when you really need 40 guild members for the raid,which takes 5-6 hours to clean or how stupid it's to grind a materials for hours only to craft idiotic resistance gear.
    First paragraph speak of two different groups of people, true.
    Then second paragraph claim that "people" in general "don't understand or have forgotten [what Vanilla is like]". It very clearly doesn't make a distinction nor apply to a specific group, so all your BS falls flat and you're doing literally what I called you on about, which is to argue about private server in one hand, and then claiming that people "don't know what Vanilla was like".

    You try to claim I'm "uncapable"(sic) to read, but it seems clear it's rather you're either of plain bad faith, caught being wrong and trying to deflect over to me, or actually are the one incapable of writing correctly, because your justifications simply don't match what you actually wrote.
    Who the hell you think you are?
    Someone who isn't brain damaged.

    Many people know very well what Vanilla is like, and THAT IS PRECISELY WHY THEY LIKE IT. Some people actually have pretty good memory and can remember, and many others have had private servers to get a refresher.
    Not everyone will like Vanilla, but many will.
  1. Felixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nice bullshit posturing, but that's just for show. Let's requote your post to get the context you're pretending was ignored :


    First paragraph speak of two different groups of people, true.
    Then second paragraph claim that "people" in general "don't understand or have forgotten [what Vanilla is like]". It very clearly doesn't make a distinction nor apply to a specific group, so all your BS falls flat and you're doing literally what I called you on about, which is to argue about private server in one hand, and then claiming that people "don't know what Vanilla was like".

    You try to claim I'm "uncapable"(sic) to read, but it seems clear it's rather you're either of plain bad faith, caught being wrong and trying to deflect over to me, or actually are the one incapable of writing correctly, because your justifications simply don't match what you actually wrote.

    Someone who isn't brain damaged.

    Many people know very well what Vanilla is like, and THAT IS PRECISELY WHY THEY LIKE IT. Some people actually have pretty good memory and can remember, and many others have had private servers to get a refresher.
    Not everyone will like Vanilla, but many will.
    Your main arguments - everybody you disagree with are shitposting and are brain damaged. Pathetic,nothing to add.
  1. Akka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Your main arguments - everybody you disagree with are shitposting and are brain damaged. Pathetic,nothing to add.
    Yeah, I understand it's hard to admit you were wrong. It'll pass when you grow up.
  1. Malix Farwin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yet you get triggered by this post aimed at retail fanbois when you claim you're not one. It's funny.
    Me telling you that we do not care what you play is called being triggered now when i do not play or plan to play retail or classic is hilarious. Please tell me how does this trigger me again when i do not care about either platform?
  1. jinxi527's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I just hope nostalgic players are happy with this because they are usually not happy with anything.
    Just imo this wouldn't be happening to begin with if it weren't for the whiners whining about how it wasn't fair that other people had such better gear than they did, because they couldn't put as much time in the game to get the gear. So Blizzard started changing the game to make the crybabies happier. This isn't the fault of the Classic fans. If Blizzard wouldn't have catered to them in the first place, WoW would still be the game us Classic fans love. And on that note, once Classic does come out, if people start complaining that it's too hard, I hope Blizzard tells them to play the Retail version then!!!!
  1. Depakote's Avatar
    "For the lack of better things to do!" Is what i usually shout.
  1. jinxi527's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I would understand if the game would be for free,but to pay 13 EUR for the game with 2004 graphics and visuals? No,thanks. I played that game 13 years ago,not going to pay a cent for the sake of nostalgia. I can't wait when the people,who didn't actually play the game at that time,will flood the forums with complaints about how difficult is the game.
    And at that time, they can just go back to Retail WoW where they will get pretty much everything handed to them, with hardly any effort on their part!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Me telling you that we do not care what you play is called being triggered now when i do not play or plan to play retail or classic is hilarious. Please tell me how does this trigger me again when i do not care about either platform?
    Hmmm, if you don't care about Classic or Retail and don't intend to play....Why are you even in here making comments?
  1. Zendaris's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Onikaroshi;51188658]00:00 on the 27th

    Wish blizzard would just switch to military time (24 hour clock) would make it easier for people world wide.[/QUOTE

    That will never happen.. They're American. Gotta be different to the rest of the world
  1. Stockers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Yes I know how a 24 hour clock works generic forum poster.

    Some companies, including the one I work for use 00:01 to signal a new day and 00:00 to mean the previous day. I didn't write a post to ask how a clock works thank you.
    Well... I am sorry that your company uses a clock wrong. I have never known a company use 0000 to mark the same day, and 0001 is the start of a new day. New years eve must be a weird one for your company. I'll be honest, I just think you didn't know how 24 hour clocks worked.
  1. Castration's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just sad, go watch some Tseries buddy.
    still not in are ya?

    wow, that's pretty sad, I feel for ya.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just sad, go watch some Tseries buddy.
    you got absolutely pwned
  1. Malix Farwin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxi527 View Post
    And at that time, they can just go back to Retail WoW where they will get pretty much everything handed to them, with hardly any effort on their part!!!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hmmm, if you don't care about Classic or Retail and don't intend to play....Why are you even in here making comments?
    You are really bad at reading comprehension. I said i do not play retail or classic i never said i do not care about retail theres a difference.

    I actually do not care about Classic however i do care about retail however the classes i play design wise feel so bad to play that i cannot bring myself to continue playing it.

Site Navigation