Update: Patch 8.2 PTR - Build 30430

Rise of Azshara Cinematic - Safe Haven
Varok Saurfang realizes that if he is to secure a future for the Horde, he must reach out to the one who led it in the past.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Rise of Azshara Cinematic - Safe Haven started by chaud View original post
Comments 277 Comments
  1. Frostyfire14's Avatar
    The cinematics team is PUMPING THESE OUT! Love them. Good work!
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Say about the story what you want, but Blizzard is going all-out on the cinematics for BfA.
    Too bad they chose to do this with BFA's story. What a shame. At least Metzen is back in action.
  1. Charo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightykong View Post
    The Doomhammer originally belonged to Orgrim Doomhammer and he was not a Shaman. The Doomhammer is in no way tied to the elements, but they did some kind of shenanigans in Legion to imply it was so because it was an artifact. Thrall probably just left it behind because he no longer wanted the responsibility, not because he couldn't physically use it.
    The Elements never left Thrall, Thrall lost his "faith", his strength and conviction. The Elements do not care he used them to end Garrosh, they're beyond petty mortal quarrels. They left Thrall because like when they pulled away from Gul'Dan, they aren't about to lend their strength to a weak willed Orc. Should Thrall find himself and call on the Elements, they will answer.
  1. dranlord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Did I miss something in the story so far?

    Why is Thrall hiding in Nagrand?
    How Saurfang got there?
    Why Sylvanas want to kill Thrall?

    Nothing makes any sense.
    ok, first after WoD Thrall lost his conection with the elements (all bc he used the elements to kill Garrosh), after Legion he step down from the horde all together and when live on Nagrand with his wife and son.

    Outland and Azeroth and connected trow the dark portal, so you can still go there, i mean on canon, isnt like the way Alternate Dreanor was, that on canon was 1 time going.

    Sylvanas probably is after Thrall, base on what happen after she trap Baine, if you speak with the other Horde heroes there, you can see Rexxar saying he need to inform someone about what going on, knowing Sylvana she have ppl looking after each major horde figure, so probably she know Thralls is a problem for her plans. Plus she really never buy the whole story about Saurfang been death.
  1. The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Just wish he was wielding the Doomhammer.
    Too bad canonically it doesn't have cool powers anymore, it's just a big hammer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    The Elements never left Thrall, Thrall lost his "faith", his strength and conviction. The Elements do not care he used them to end Garrosh, they're beyond petty mortal quarrels. They left Thrall because like when they pulled away from Gul'Dan, they aren't about to lend their strength to a weak willed Orc. Should Thrall find himself and call on the Elements, they will answer.
    That's roughly my thoughts on the matter, too. I mean, wasn't he 'closer to the elements than any other shaman'? He was literally broken into elemental versions of himself, and then all of those version were fused back into a single whole. He because the 'World-Shaman' and stood in for a fucking Aspect. The Elements don't just abandon someone like that because he broke the rules of a tradition that isn't theirs in the first place, on a planet that isn't theirs either.
  1. Wekko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    "i F0lLowEd tH3M"

    Because a warrior can track 2 stealthed rogues!

    You are both a traitor and a terrible liar.
    Varok and Thrall are raid bosses. Those rogues were trash mobs.
  1. Ambushu's Avatar
    Cinematics have gone all WoW movie on us now.
  1. Eazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurak View Post
    Just a Question why does everybody except thrall looking so extremmly young. Like Jaina // Khadgar // Garona all charackters that are older or at the same age.
    Not sure.

    Khadgar looks younger because he has shaven his beard, that for sure.

    I think that Jaina is just using some kind of magic, there's no way she could be so wrinkless.
  1. Blayze's Avatar
    I felt... nothing.
  1. Beazy's Avatar
    Nice cinematic. Now if we could just get blizzard to make the game good again!
  1. tehdef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Nice cinematic. Now if we could just get blizzard to make the game good again!
    I want you to understand that you've probably been playing this game for many years, and the way games are made change and adapt to the audience that plays it, and alter based on the staff making the game. What this means is that you are sitting here bitching about a game you don't like anymore, nearly demanding it change back to how it was, because you liked that game more. I like this game fine how it is, but if you don't, then you need to adjust your expectations, or move on.

    WoW is what it is. If you think it's too simple, or you don't like it, or the story or wahtever you gripe is, you're better served to just move on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    /spit

    FOR THE DARK LADY!
    You guys are idiots. Remind me of Trump voters. She literally will plague anyone if it serves her best interest, even her troops that are fighting for her bullshit causes.
  1. Beazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I want you to understand that you've probably been playing this game for many years, and the way games are made change and adapt to the audience that plays it, and alter based on the staff making the game. What this means is that you are sitting here bitching about a game you don't like anymore, nearly demanding it change back to how it was, because you liked that game more. I like this game fine how it is, but if you don't, then you need to adjust your expectations, or move on.

    WoW is what it is. If you think it's too simple, or you don't like it, or the story or wahtever you gripe is, you're better served to just move on.
    LoL bro, WoW is so bad, I've long been gone. . .

    But you have to admit, that cinematic was A+ top tier. Blizzard should just move on to the movie business if the current state of their games is all they can muster.
  1. CreatureLives's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Too bad canonically it doesn't have cool powers anymore, it's just a big hammer.
    A nice hammer.
  1. OneWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    We already knew Thrall is coming back, so now we know exactly how and why.

    But to summarize this video - Sylvanas sent her assassins after Thrall. Now, as much as I don't like Sylvanas and would love to see her go, it was actually a valid strategic decision to go after Thrall. After all, he most likely still has a lot of sympathizers within the Horde and should he choose to come back, he'd be a legit threat to Sylvanas' rule.
    I would agree with this if we actually saw Sylvanas doing it and it's not Saurfang being an orc and orcs, as we know, are very easy to manipulate.

    A friendly reminder, Vol'jin put Sylvanas to Warchief throne. Thrall accepted Sylvanas to the Horde.
  1. Rendark's Avatar
    More trash to be on the fire.
  1. Dakhath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not sure.

    Khadgar looks younger because he has shaven his beard, that for sure.

    I think that Jaina is just using some kind of magic, there's no way she could be so wrinkless.
    Khadgar has/had some weird aging spell on him thanks to his old master. So while he looked like Gandalf during BC, he was still pretty young. Not sure if he got it under control of he's Benjamin Button now. The others though? Who knows.
  1. dunkl's Avatar
    it seemed and felt kind of predictable I guess
  1. Darkeon's Avatar
    Will be really awesome if we get to siege Orgrimmar and take the Horde back from it's Warchief.

    Seriously, how this can even be considered is beyond me. Fire everyone involved in the story-telling writting departement. Give a raise to the guys at the cinematic area because they are carrying your arses, Blizzard.
  1. Daevied's Avatar
    Wasnt Thrall bald?
  1. Hezar's Avatar
    Yes yes nice cinematic but what the fuck are the writers smoking?

Site Navigation