An Update on the Future of MMO-Champion
We’re excited to welcome MMO-Champion to the Magic Find family and are excited to work together! We're a small independent team of people who worked on gaming websites in the past (including MMO-Champion) and are teaming up to build up new communities together.

Over the next few months we will do our best to ramp up work on the website and work together with all of you to improve performance and work on developing new ideas.

Acquisitions are always a bit strange and come with a lot of questions, so we'll do our best to answer them and we hope we’ll build trust over time and improve MMO-Champion together.

If you have any suggestions or issues you’ve identified on the website, now is definitely a great time to let us know about them!
This article was originally published in forum thread: An Update on the Future of MMO-Champion started by MagicFind View original post
Comments 249 Comments
  1. Nymrohd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The politics and other forums should go. There's no reason for them on a gaming forum and the problem is that they attract trollish behavior that spills over into the gaming sections. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't care (I've set filters so I don't see them) but I just fail to see anything positive about having non-gaming related fora here.
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
  1. Raldazzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFind View Post
    An Update on the Future of MMO-Champion


    If you have any suggestions or issues you’ve identified on the website, now is definitely a great time to let us know about them!
    Quite honestly.. fire almost all of the moderating staff. most are just self serving egoists who push their own agenda onto proceedings. this is especially prevalent in the OT sections.. also get a mod who knows how to move political posts into the political section so we can avoid that crap if we want to!
  1. Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
    The amount of times I've seen someone randomly start talking about Racism or Sexism or something to do with Trump in some random game thread is staggering. Sometimes the Threads devolve into such Off-topic trash you end up forgetting it's even a Thread about something trivial and irrelevant to those topics before a Mod comes in and shuts it down or threatens bans.
  1. Raldazzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
    ALL the time mate. there is several on the first page already. sometimes they try and conceal it.. but its blatantly political in nature.
  1. llewllew's Avatar
    Just kill all the politics posts. They make the site look bad, like it’s a refuge for every racist internet boy.
  1. Rogalicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
    Yeah, one guy recently told me that it's Putin's fault that Nintendo sells their games for 80USD in Russia.
  1. Dystemper's Avatar
    Getting rid of the Old moderators would go a long way. Getting rid of the politic OT would go even further. Too many mods have agendas and bias. Rules are not enforced evenly. I have seen posters get banned for being racist, while others go on antisemitic rants that last for pages. A poster will get banned for telling someone to shut up, while another goes on a tangent that includes violent threats and nothing happens. Then you have Mods who tolerate nation bashing, Posts bashing the USA, but if you dare say anything negative about the EU, Banned. Same with religion. Its ok to Bash Christians, but say one word about the religion that shal not be named, Boom, you are banned . So just get rid of GEn OT and stick to Video games, pop culture and entertainment/hobbies
  1. Explicit Teemo Nudes's Avatar
    If you start posting about other games(like some people are requesting you do), please make it OPTIONAL. If I have to read about other games on the front page that I have no interest in, I'll stop using MMO-C as a news site and only use Wowhead.
  1. MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Also, bring Chaud back.
    He's not going anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it spill over? I haven't seen that happen personally so I am curious.
    It does.
  1. Eggroll's Avatar
    I'd like to see MagicFinds official webpage. Who is the owner, who is in charge of what, where does the money come from?

    But it appears the new owners want to keep their true identities in the dark. That seems very ominous to me. Not very trustworthy. What's your agenda?
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'd like to see MagicFinds official webpage. Who is the owner, who is in charge of what, where does the money come from? But it appears the new owners want to keep their true identities in the dark. That seems very ominous to me. Not very trustworthy. What's your agenda?
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
  1. clevin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    ALL the time mate. there is several on the first page already. sometimes they try and conceal it.. but its blatantly political in nature.
    it's not just that, it's that even if someone like that posts about the game, the attitude tends to seep through because it's the same person. End of the day, there's no reason to have a politics or off topic forum here. People can go to reddit etc if they want that. Focus tends to equal success.
  1. Djuntas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
    No, and thats a bad thing.


    Cant even find anything by googling magic find family.
  1. DarkAmbient's Avatar
    Do NOT get rid of the general off-topic section, it's a significant part of the site. It contains almost twice as many posts as the WoW class forums, almost three times as many as the video games section, and almost as many as WoW general discussion. Bottom line = people like it.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    Some thoughts in no particular order:

    • A genuine dark toggle would be nice.
      .
    • Please keep the focus on WoW. That's what I come to this website for.
      .
    • I miss the days when MMO-C offered comprehensive data-mining news more often. Anymore it's mainly number changes, which I don't have anything against... but it holds very little interest for me. It seems things like NPC dialogue (when a build includes it) has been ceded to the unsightly and bloated Wowhead.
      .
    • Anything on the WoWDB front? It's much more of a community problem in terms of usage, but being developmentally dead in the water sure doesn't help. (Or should I abandon all hope on this.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Find a way to connect your databases with Wowhead, there's no reason why you can't be friends.

    Also, bring Chaud back.
    MMO-C tried to during the early years of this decade, but ZAM rebuffed them. I have little reason to believe that ZAM/Fanbyte's attitude has changed since on the matter.
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    No, and thats a bad thing.Cant even find anything by googling magic find family.
    Why is it a bad thing though? You use plenty of things with out knowing much of anything about it.
  1. Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Quite honestly.. fire almost all of the moderating staff. most are just self serving egoists who push their own agenda onto proceedings. this is especially prevalent in the OT sections.. also get a mod who knows how to move political posts into the political section so we can avoid that crap if we want to!
    Just use your filters.
  1. Sunseeker's Avatar
    Buying and selling forums must be as big a stock trading.
  1. Eggroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
    Well, if you wanted, you could look it up. This new owner doesn't even have a working link to their webpage.
  1. Gabriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFind View Post
    An Update on the Future of MMO-Champion
    We’re excited to welcome MMO-Champion to the Magic Find family and are excited to work together! We're a small independent team of people who worked on gaming websites in the past (including MMO-Champion) and are teaming up to build up new communities together.

    Over the next few months we will do our best to ramp up work on the website and work together with all of you to improve performance and work on developing new ideas.

    Acquisitions are always a bit strange and come with a lot of questions, so we'll do our best to answer them and we hope we’ll build trust over time and improve MMO-Champion together.

    If you have any suggestions or issues you’ve identified on the website, now is definitely a great time to let us know about them!
    Strip the mod @Thwart of their mod status. It is the single most obvious case of moderator having their own biases and abusing their mod powers.

Site Navigation