Patch 8.2 - Experience Eliminated Aura
WarcraftSecrets pointed out that Patch 8.2 adds Experience Eliminated, which reduces XP from mobs and quests by 95% if anyone in the group has experience disabled. This was likely done to stop Level 110 characters from boosting players to 120 quickly.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.2 - Experience Eliminated Aura started by MagicFind View original post
Comments 444 Comments
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    There's no need to play the game at all so don't...

    for that matter there's no need for you to post on the forums, so stop doing it.

    I know its hard for you to understand but blizz added the ability for people to turn off xp so people could use said feature and its a feature people wanted for a variety of reasons and you're more then welcome to not use it if you dont want to but to sit there and tell people they shouldn't use a feature they want to use simply because you dont care for said feature is repugnant and you may wanna figure out why you are so concerned with how other people play a game when what they're doing in no way affects you.
    And Blizzard decided they don’t want it being used the way it is. In looking for a solution the one they came up with is this one. If you want to turn off XP and wait for your friend, family, guildie, whatever, you are free to do that. If they really are that close to you then you can still go around together and do quests and tag the same mobs while not being in a group.
    Unfortunately, a side effect is that you can’t do instances together while you have XP off. Your options there are to turn it on for your dungeon queues and back off for world questing. There are still work arounds for people that are truly in the situation you keep stating you are in, while almost completely ending the power leveling that Blizz wants to stop.
    Yes, overall it sucks; but this isn’t really something Blizzard can address towards just the power level abusers. It is unfortunately one of those situations where a blanket fix is happening and others are being brought into it.
  1. SinR's Avatar
    Its funny that this is the big outrage.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Give me a few examples of definitions that change all the time...
    Years ago if you used the word Gay you were most likely referring to happy or fun, Gay old time. Today if you use the word Gay you most likely referring to a homosexual male, definitions shift and since "Video Game Exploit" isn't actually defined in any dictionary it's really not set in stone and is up to the developer to decide what they consider an exploit.
  1. Drusin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and ten no one will do it because why do something that takes longer if it has no reward?
    gamers will always choose the path of least resistance.
    Because they enjoy it. I'm leveling to 60 in classic as a Holy Paladin. When legendary weapons drop in Borderlands 2 during normal mode I vendor them because it makes the game too easy. Only reason I don't like scaling is because it makes the game feel exactly the same from 1-120.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I guess I'm not with the times nowdays, I like to be informed before I post any silly claims or start whinging away.
    Want me to see it put all the information in the same place.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    but it's not Blizzard making all these posts.

    So my stance stands.
  1. Asotcha's Avatar
    I realize that Blizz put a blue post saying that this stupid aura change would just affect people who joined groups manually, but reading the thread on the main forums about it and all the people who use this to run dungeons with xp frozen toons with friends or family, this is just a dogshit idea that should never see the light of day, and Blizz ought to be ashamed if they go along with it.
  1. threadz's Avatar
    prob just killing the lvl boosters before the new 120 boost comes out soon, based on that survey they sent out.
  1. Raelbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Years ago if you used the word Gay you were most likely referring to happy or fun, Gay old time. Today if you use the word Gay you most likely referring to a homosexual male, definitions shift and since "Video Game Exploit" isn't actually defined in any dictionary it's really not set in stone and is up to the developer to decide what they consider an exploit.
    You still on about this? You're discussing two different things:

    The word "exploit" as used conversationally, and the word "exploit" as term used for the purposes for rules of the game.

    People using XP locked 110 characters to boost others is not how the game designers intended the game to work. Doing so detracts from the game in general. According to the English Language, Logic, Rational Thinking and Plain Fucking Common Sense that's called exploiting the situation.

    Now, I can agree with you that it's not an "exploit" in the sense of being a bannable offense. Which is why Blizzard have introduced a system to stop the problem instead of just banning the offenders.

    And it's a good fix.
  1. HordeFanboy's Avatar
    Blizz wants more $$$$$ from boosts
  1. Has lost its way's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Blizz wants more $$$$$ from boosts
    Was my first thought but I don't think you can buy a level 120 boost. Feels like they are just mad no one wants to do their terrible leveling content.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Because they enjoy it. I'm leveling to 60 in classic as a Holy Paladin. When legendary weapons drop in Borderlands 2 during normal mode I vendor them because it makes the game too easy. Only reason I don't like scaling is because it makes the game feel exactly the same from 1-120.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Want me to see it put all the information in the same place.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    but it's not Blizzard making all these posts.

    So my stance stands.
    Lol alright mate that's pretty sad. I'm gunna screen shot this and send this to my friends, we've been playing borderlands since day 1 and "I dont even use legendaries" my dude, without legendaries its literally impossible to do most of the max level content... Holy fuck.
  1. Has lost its way's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol alright mate that's pretty sad. I'm gunna screen shot this and send this to my friends, we've been playing borderlands since day 1 and "I dont even use legendaries" my dude, without legendaries its literally impossible to do most of the max level content... Holy fuck.
    I don't want to derail the thread but that simply isn't true... borderlands is a really,really easy game.
  1. Zeek Daniels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread but that simply isn't true... borderlands is a really,really easy game.
    which borderlands are you talking about? 1, 2 or pre-sequal? In 1 i would say your mostly correct. 2 your dead wrong on overpower levels, pre-sequal your mostly correct.
  1. Redroniksre's Avatar
    People complaining about the levelling experience (which does need work, but not for the reason being complained about). I have yet to play an MMO that is still fun and exciting the 3rd time through (want to feel blessed? Try FFXIV main story for the 2nd time, that is the meaning of painful)
  1. Drusin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    without legendaries its literally impossible to do most of the max level content... Holy fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Because they enjoy it. I'm leveling to 60 in classic as a Holy Paladin. When legendary weapons drop in Borderlands 2 during normal mode
    Hope you haven't showed your friends yet :P
  1. Ariskovar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    i've often been treated in a very Demeaning/made fun of way, But i just diden't let it bother me, since the guild is a means to an end to get the gear, so you just have to put up with it in order to progress. But i haven't gotten back into raiding since Nighthold.

    So i don't really understand how anyone would "Enjoy" raiding, When it is like that.
    Yeah, I can understand. Sorry you've had that experience. I'm by no means the most skilled player, but I instantly block 'skilled' players who treat anyone in such a manner, to save me getting them in LFG again.

    Last night in my first Mythic we had one fail. A damage dealer abused the tank for not moving the enemies out of the AoE. 10 seconds and a few expletives later the tank has left. End outcome: Two angry players, and three others left hanging.

    Hopefully the WoW community will mature again, although I fear it's getting less and less so.
  1. Explicit Teemo Nudes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    How to stop people using exploits to avoid playing the game properly.
    1) They wouldn't have made this possible to begin with if they saw it as an exploit. This is not the first expansion where players are selling boosts like this, so it's not like Blizurd wouldn't see this coming.
    2) If this was an exploit or an uninteded way to play the game they would've a) banned the players doing it and b) fixed this ages ago.

    You're wrong.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread but that simply isn't true... borderlands is a really,really easy game.
    show me you beating true vault hunter mode terramorphus with just purples mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Hope you haven't showed your friends yet :P
    during normal mode, you mean when legendaries pretty much never ever drop, and whenthey do they arnt even that strong...

    it feesl ike your just a fucking weirdo playing a game but not even actually playing it.


    i bet you sell legendaries in diablo 3 too.
  1. Lazuli's Avatar
    Everyone: leveling is atrocious
    Blizzard: *nerfs every method of power leveling*
  1. Hannya84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Its funny that this is the big outrage.
    Link me to a single blue post which **isn't** a huge outrage with the waffle-stomping, mouth-breathing, unmoderated cesspool of the MMO-Champion community.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Everyone: leveling is atrocious
    Blizzard: *nerfs every method of power leveling*
    Leveling is fine. Dungeons are fine, and raids are fine.

    Paid boosting is what ruined this game. So many fucking people boost now that the game stopped being worth playing. The retards don't even realize the redundancy in buying their WoW tokens to pay for boosting, for a game that has no bearing on absolutely anything.
  1. M1r4g3's Avatar
    They wanna sell the 120 boost that's coming soon, no other logical reason for such a change.

Site Navigation