Qhira Spotlight

This article was originally published in forum thread: Qhira Spotlight started by Nerraw View original post
Comments 62 Comments
  1. The Butt Witch's Avatar
    Lol.

    [x] Woman
    [x] Black
    [x] Independent
    [x] Strong
    [x] Lesbian (probably)
    [x] Origin: Wakanda
    [_] Disabled
    [_] Non-cis
    [_] Fat

    Not enough, Blizzard. Be better.
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah! Just like last Blizzcon.....right?
    Whatever you may or may not think of Orphea, she was still the first Nexus hero to enter the game. The first one in the almost half a decade the game had existed. It was a pretty big milestone for the team.
  1. Pebrocks The Warlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Whatever you may or may not think of Orphea, she was still the first Nexus hero to enter the game. The first one in the almost half a decade the game had existed. It was a pretty big milestone for the team.
    Yes and there was a big backlash from the community. No one wanted her and thought Blizzcon should be for big named heroes.
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Who the hell?

    Like...just a totally random character out of nowhere? That's really bizarre. Orphea was cool because she was set up a good while back as an original hero but this is just some random generic character from absolutely nowhere.

    When the production rate of new characters is going to be extremely low, it's kinda hard to look at this and not get a little annoyed. It's a shame because her abilities actually look really cool, the character themself is just forgettable though.
    AFAIK she was in development along with a map and some other stuff sharing the theme before the team was stripped down, and rather than scrapping her they decided to just release her.
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes and there was a big backlash from the community. No one wanted her and thought Blizzcon should be for big named heroes.
    Qhira was already in the making before Blizzcon. They're not gonna throw out all the hard work already accomplished just because a few people got mad.
  1. Yes but actually no's Avatar
    Like the whole gengi is a better illidan thing, this just looks like a better sonya.

    Ignoring the soulless spotlight of just spamming her voice lines the hero seems so strange to be in HotS. It's really strange, i expected it to be a collection of themed skins and even after finding out it's a hero i am somehow left disappointed, i've never felt this indifference to a hero release before, even if its a character i couldn't stand or another stupid overwatch hero i've never minded because they belong in HotS (overwatch heroes have no place in mobas though, but they are at least a blizzard franchise so it's expected), this just left me saying what? why?
  1. Tommys's Avatar
    Damn, did they get rid of the guy who voiced these? I really enjoyed him.
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Damn, did they get rid of the guy who voiced these? I really enjoyed him.
    He was moved to another team internally around the same time as a lot of the other developers, and then he left Blizzard entirely a few months ago.
  1. GodEmperor's Avatar
    Just lol at under-qualified diversity hires being in-game now as well
  1. Fetus Rex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Lol.

    [x] Woman
    [x] Black
    [x] Independent
    [x] Strong
    [x] Lesbian (probably)
    [x] Origin: Wakanda
    [_] Disabled
    [_] Non-cis
    [_] Fat

    Not enough, Blizzard. Be better.
    But she is disabled.
  1. unholytestament's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Qhira was already in the making before Blizzcon. They're not gonna throw out all the hard work already accomplished just because a few people got mad.
    Blizzard has scrapped entire games that spent years in development. Scrapping a character in HOTS would mean nothing.

    And as the game continues to decline I think the "a few people got mad" argument becomes more ridiculous. Will you be repeating it right up until they shut down the servers?
  1. Maxilian's Avatar
    This... makes me sad, i mean... its a character with no much story (well we do see that humanoid lizards with mechanical parts exist here), i guess she introduce her whole world and it would only be relevant if they decide to use such place as a new map.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Lol.

    [x] Woman
    [x] Black
    [x] Independent
    [x] Strong
    [x] Lesbian (probably)
    [x] Origin: Wakanda
    [_] Disabled
    [_] Non-cis
    [_] Fat

    Not enough, Blizzard. Be better.
    Lets be fair, its not like they couldn't just have added a random female Zandalari Troll and would have gotten all this but more story. (well no black... but not white either, so... fair?)
  1. caervek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'm mostly disappointed that even with the choice to use a Nexus original... they didn't even utilise any existing Nexus lore.

    Like, the ENTIRE character has come out of nowhere, from a brand new "world" that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before. Orphea tied into the Raven Court lore, so that made sense. Qhira has no tie whatsoever to ANY part of established Blizzard/Nexus lore.
    It does seem that they are devolving with their original characters doesn't it.

    When they created Brightwing/Murky/Lunara for HotS they were at least Warcraft themed original characters and based on W3 units (ones that were actual characters in DOTA too), then when they created Orphea like you say they had established lore even if it was paper thin. With this they just pulled the entire char and backstory out their ****.
  1. Stormcall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post

    [x] Lesbian (probably).
    And you reached this conclusion...how? I mean, I watched the spotlight vid. I didn't hear her talking about a wife or girlfriend. I didn't see her hooking up with another girl, nor making out, nor even holding hands. I barely even heard any backstory about where she came from. Maybe you shouldn't be so afraid of inclusiveness that you start imagining things, that can't be healthy.
  1. The Butt Witch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    And you reached this conclusion...how? I mean, I watched the spotlight vid. I didn't hear her talking about a wife or girlfriend. I didn't see her hooking up with another girl, nor making out, nor even holding hands. I barely even heard any backstory about where she came from. Maybe you shouldn't be so afraid of inclusiveness that you start imagining things, that can't be healthy.
    Blizzard is an SJW company from California, and this character is clearly pandering, so why not check as many boxes as possible? Especially since it costs them nothing at all to have some...relevant voicelines.
  1. Knife Pervert's Avatar
    *Company changes character to be black*

    "hOw DaRe YoU ChAnGe ThIs TiMeLesS ChaRacter! If yOu wAnt RePrEseNtaTion ThEn mAkE YoUr OwN oCs!"

    *Company makes a black OC*

    "wOw! WOW! WhEn WiLL ThEy StOp PanDeriNg tO SjWs?!"
  1. Stormcall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Blizzard is an SJW company from California, and this character is clearly pandering, so why not check as many boxes as possible? Especially since it costs them nothing at all to have some...relevant voicelines.
    They made a character a black woman, my fucking god such pandering!

    And again, you wanna throw some evidence my way? And by evidence I mean real evidence, not whatever paranoia your mind apparently conjures up when you see someone who wouldn't be allowed on the cover of Stormfront.
  1. Maljinwo's Avatar
    Why is this suddenly about her being black?
    Pretty sure skin color is not a defining factor on a character being good or not

    The only dissapointing aspect of the character is that she is an original character instead of a known character of the Blizzard Universe
  1. Stormcall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Why is this suddenly about her being black?
    Certain people, not to name names, believe her being a black woman is a sign of Blizzard trying to crush their white manhood by pandering solely to the SJW crowd that causes them such concern. It seems a weird thing to be paranoid over, but apparently it's a thing.
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    Ivy got blackened up.

Site Navigation