WoW Classic Realm Names and Types
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Starting August 12th, 2019 at 3 pm PST, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three WoW Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PVP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. Realms in the Americas will be:


Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on August 26th at 3:00pm PST.

WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Starting at 00:01 CEST on Tuesday 13th August, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PvP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. The following realms will be available:


Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on Tuesday 27th August at 00:01 CEST.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Announces Classic Server Names and Types started by Stoy View original post
Comments 96 Comments
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Back when Official classic servers were just a dream.
    It was speculated that a lot people would not pay for it and keep going to their Free private servers.
    Private servers are okay. But the control the admins have is too much. I personally would rather pay and know I won't be banned just because someone doesn't like me. Which happens, and I've seen happen on some other Private servers. EQ and WoW respectively.
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh 10 servers on live probably easily hold more than half of the US playerbase (Illidan, Tichondrius, Kel'thuzad, Wyrmrest Accord, etc). The only reason other servers exist is because Blizzard is just too afraid of removing them due to being able to trap new players on dead servers and get 25 dollars+ to transfer them to a playable server.
    Do you actually believe this?
  1. Harbour's Avatar
    I think it was really stupid to give the servers the race/faction-specific names. Like good luck to see trolls on other servers - most of them would be rolling on Zandalari Tribe.
  1. Varitok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Your logic being...? Please show your work.
    He hates classic for no good reason and must post regardless and make up numbers. That's how it works my man. I don't even know why they post.
  1. Amerissis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I think it was really stupid to give the servers the race/faction-specific names. Like good luck to see trolls on other servers - most of them would be rolling on Zandalari Tribe.
    Except most people don’t RP and many won’t PvP. They made that mistake once, they won’t roll wrong again.
  1. Regalbeast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    Yeah and like 500 of them are ghost towns
  1. Stockers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    of which 95% of those severs are dead. But server number on retail is pretty irrelevant anyway with all the xrealm shit these days.
  1. Azerate's Avatar
    I have nothing against Classic in general, but after seeing some of the ridiculous hype around legacy servers for wow I can't help but feel some satisfaction about this announcement. This is basically a confirmation from Blizzard, which we can assume is based on solid data, that Classic is nowhere near the popularity of the actual game proper.
  1. McNeil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    The amount of servers mean nothing with all the cross realm stuff features. Its delusional to think all 513 have a healthy population.
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    of which 95% of those severs are dead. But server number on retail is pretty irrelevant anyway with all the xrealm shit these days.
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

    https://realmpop.com/us.html

    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Yeah and like 500 of them are ghost towns
    Wrong as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The amount of servers mean nothing with all the cross realm stuff features. Its delusional to think all 513 have a healthy population.
    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
  1. Vando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wrong as well.



    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    How many of those are level 120 characters? That 100k lowest pop server turns to 8k, the high pop 500k server turns to 44k. And how many are 120 alts. The numbers shrinks further. How many have logged in recently? Lots of metrics to keep shrinking the active player base.

    I am more curious in active accounts, not how many accounts that haven't logged into wow in 10 years have 10 characters on a server.
  1. Zeanix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    you do know that most of the retail servers has been merged right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

    https://realmpop.com/us.html

    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wrong as well.



    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    That is chars created...

    BFA bois are really this salty over classic? dont worry you will still have plenty of store mounts to buy.
  1. Ryanh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.



    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wrong as well.



    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.







    You do realize realmpop only counts total Characters, So most legacy players will have any where from 10-15 characters per server which drastically cuts down the amount of Population per server. So where Lightbringer says it has 202,000 Characters on the Alliance, that means in reality it is around 13000-20000 actual players. Characters does not = Accounts. It is a ridiculous argument to believe that the lowest server has a 100k players.
  1. xanderd's Avatar
    But nobody is asking the real questions.

    Which one is going to be the new Moon Guard?
  1. figbat's Avatar
    And with that, vanilla is dead.

    Not enough servers to spread out the streamers. Gonna be an absolute shit show.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I don't get it... doesn't this equal more servers than what the game released with originally? If so, that's not so bad in any shape or form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vando View Post
    How many of those are level 120 characters? r.
    All of them?

    There's a slider that shows 120's exclusively. Not trying to stop you in your quest to boost your ego by rationalizing away until reality fits your agenda, but just pointing out that the numbers shown can be for any level. 120 included.
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    you do know that most of the retail servers has been merged right?

    - - - Updated - - -



    That is chars created...

    BFA bois are really this salty over classic? dont worry you will still have plenty of store mounts to buy.
    What is there to be salty about? the 24 servers they made? Get real. Classic will die within 1-2 years and they will cancel it. Bye bye.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vando View Post
    How many of those are level 120 characters? That 100k lowest pop server turns to 8k, the high pop 500k server turns to 44k. And how many are 120 alts. The numbers shrinks further. How many have logged in recently? Lots of metrics to keep shrinking the active player base.

    I am more curious in active accounts, not how many accounts that haven't logged into wow in 10 years have 10 characters on a server.
    The neat thing about that site, it allows you to look at some of those factors. Amazing the info you can find, when you look, just a tiny bit.
  1. Zeanix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    What is there to be salty about? the 24 servers they made? Get real. Classic will die within 1-2 years and they will cancel it. Bye bye.
    and still the salt is flowing, why does BFA players feel the need to comment on classic all the times? are you afraid that Blizzard will focus less on retail now?
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Do you actually believe this?
    I mean doesn't Illidan itself have like over 100k+ players? Maybe that was back in MoP though.
  1. Krekal's Avatar
    US got Atiesh, Mankirk, Faerlina, Herod, Whitemane and even Pagle.
    EU got Chromie and that's for the Russians...

    I'm fucking jealous of US server names, they've got infinitely better options. None of the EU (English) even come close

Site Navigation