WoW Classic Realm Names and Types
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Starting August 12th, 2019 at 3 pm PST, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three WoW Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PVP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. Realms in the Americas will be:


Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on August 26th at 3:00pm PST.

WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Starting at 00:01 CEST on Tuesday 13th August, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PvP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. The following realms will be available:


Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on Tuesday 27th August at 00:01 CEST.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Announces Classic Server Names and Types started by Stoy View original post
Comments 96 Comments
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    and still the salt is flowing, why does BFA players feel the need to comment on classic all the times? are you afraid that Blizzard will focus less on retail now?
    You brought it up, not me. Projecting much? Christ, I swear you're basically crying via text. Get over it already.
  1. Vrinara's Avatar
    3 things.

    1. I will be on Bloodsail Buccaneers.
    2. Glad they gave us realm names before launch. Now people can figure out where they, and their friends will be playing.
    3. I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC OP! Pugs are adorable!!!
  1. Thelxi's Avatar
    Those EU server names lol.
  1. Arafal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderd View Post
    But nobody is asking the real questions.

    Which one is going to be the new Moon Guard?
    Well, i wittnessed this on the razorfen server today.
    So i imagine in whatever server these people decide to hang out in.
    https://i.imgur.com/xSjuLgn.jpg
  1. RelaZ's Avatar
    Why did US get all the cool names?
  1. Zeanix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You brought it up, not me. Projecting much? Christ, I swear you're basically crying via text. Get over it already.
    it just keeps flowing.
  1. Arafal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Those EU server names lol.
    They aren't that bad, but just way too long.

    Change Hydraxian waterlords, Pyrewood village and zandalar tribe to Hydraxis, Pyrewood and Zandalar and they'd sound a lot better.
  1. Vrinara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Private servers are okay. But the control the admins have is too much. I personally would rather pay and know I won't be banned just because someone doesn't like me. Which happens, and I've seen happen on some other Private servers. EQ and WoW respectively.
    EXACTLY! Thank you for saying this. Someone else realizes that Private server Admins have too much power. The stories I hear about some private server admins is insane. Plus who really wants to buy gear with rl money? Cash shops are what takes the fun our of the game. (And even WoW has done this.)
  1. GreenJesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They aren't that bad, but just way too long.

    Change Hydraxian waterlords, Pyrewood village and zandalar tribe to Hydraxis, Pyrewood and Zandalar and they'd sound a lot better.
    Lol the EU names are pretty cringe though.. Imagine unironically saying "I'm on the Pyrewood Village server!" That's an oof right there.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    As for the names, haven't they simply made 100% sure to not have any crossover in names between Classic and Live...?
    That was what I thought. As for the quality of the names, the EU ones are indeed... oofta.

    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You brought it up, not me. Projecting much? Christ, I swear you're basically crying via text. Get over it already.
    They don't even realize the hilarity of Classic fans a) bitching about "others being toxic" and b) making fun of retail.

    A1) It wasn't retail fans spending all those years infiltrating any thread and every post on news for the game just to say how much better Classic was and how anyone liking the current game were idiots without taste.

    B2) Retail paid for Classic to become a reality and will continue to be the main income of their MMORPGs, so Classic fans had better hope it continues to be profitable because they simply couldn't go back to the very limited revenue stream of a sub income.
  1. Vrinara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, i wittnessed this on the razorfen server today.
    So i imagine in whatever server these people decide to hang out in.
    https://i.imgur.com/xSjuLgn.jpg
    I am calling it.. It will be Bloodsail Buccaneers. Mainly because it's the only pure rp realm (By pure, I mean not RPpvp)
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As for the names, haven't they simply made 100% sure to not have any crossover in names between Classic and Live...?
    That was what I thought. As for the quality of the names, the EU ones are indeed... oofta.



    They don't even realize the hilarity of Classic fans a) bitching about "others being toxic" and b) making fun of retail.

    A1) It wasn't retail fans spending all those years infiltrating any thread and every post on news for the game just to say how much better Classic was and how anyone liking the current game were idiots without taste.

    B2) Retail paid for Classic to become a reality and will continue to be the main income of their MMORPGs, so Classic fans had better hope it continues to be profitable because they simply couldn't go back to the very limited revenue stream of a sub income.
    It isn't often I agree with you, but spot on my friend.

    Worse even still, they would never acknowledge facts you just presented to them.
  1. Vilendor's Avatar
    Is there any info about where these servers are located? Im especially interested in the EU servers. There is a huge (+30-80) ping difference between playing on a server located in Paris or in Frankfurt, this is a huge choice factor for me
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    EXACTLY! Thank you for saying this. Someone else realizes that Private server Admins have too much power. The stories I hear about some private server admins is insane. Plus who really wants to buy gear with rl money? Cash shops are what takes the fun our of the game. (And even WoW has done this.)
    Folks just don't get it. I played on EQ private servers a bit, and know of a couple of folks who were removed from their guild, then later banned because they won an item fairly via the guilds DKP system. Blizzard will obviously do a much better job with Classic, and most of the private servers will die off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    it just keeps flowing.
    Hey, I'm very happy with Retail AND Classic. But I'm also not immune to reality like you seem to be. Get over yourself dumdum, the only person salty thus far, is you. It's literally all over your face.
  1. Veggie50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vando View Post
    How many of those are level 120 characters? That 100k lowest pop server turns to 8k, the high pop 500k server turns to 44k. And how many are 120 alts. The numbers shrinks further. How many have logged in recently? Lots of metrics to keep shrinking the active player base.

    I am more curious in active accounts, not how many accounts that haven't logged into wow in 10 years have 10 characters on a server.
    Wow must be in an amazing spot then...

    If there’s 500 servers with AT LEAST 100k people per server, thats more than 50 million people playing WoW.
  1. aeuhe4yxzhds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

    https://realmpop.com/us.html

    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wrong as well.



    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    People / in game characters. 100k characters turn to 10-15k accounts/people

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't get it... doesn't this equal more servers than what the game released with originally? If so, that's not so bad in any shape or form.



    All of them?

    There's a slider that shows 120's exclusively. Not trying to stop you in your quest to boost your ego by rationalizing away until reality fits your agenda, but just pointing out that the numbers shown can be for any level. 120 included.
    Chaning level does not change server pop numbers
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    1. That's potentially the total number of characters CREATED, logged by a 3rd party statistic tracker that isn't able to track name changes (the only unique identifier for these things). These numbers have nothing to do with currently active accounts. The fact you even bring up this number as having any relevance of activity is just foolish.

    2. Realms are merely separate world environments, they're not tied to physical machines like they were back in 2004. That is, 24 realms are not 24 servers. Plus, it's idiotic to try to tie the number of realms at launch to population limits imposed on a far more demanding game (live). It's even further idiotic to assume that if demand is higher than the AT LAUNCH environments can handle (whether technically or gameplay-wise), they couldn't just easily spin up new realms in mere minutes...

    So, instead of being a toxic mess of a person that is only making the live community look even less appealing to be part of, perhaps just let people enjoy what they enjoy and stop using statistics and tech claims that you don't even understand?
  1. Explicit Teemo Nudes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    Not saying you are wrong or right about the overtaking or not, but to compare it to retail realms is just absolutely stupid considering most of them are DEAD. They could shutdown so many of them and it would have barely any impact on the players as so few would be shuffled to another realm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

    https://realmpop.com/us.html

    Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wrong as well.



    The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    Oh, now I see it was a mistake to quote you. You're absolutely clueless if you believe there are 100k people playing on the dead realms LOL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I agree the EU names are fucking terrible.
    I'm surprised they didn't go for "Hogger", but maybe there's a Russian retail realm with that name already? Or Asian?

    US gets simple, short or iconic names while the EU gets the opposit.
  1. Frosteye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"


    Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......




    LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    Keep in mind most of those 513 servers are completely dead and held together by cross-realm/CRZ
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    People / in game characters. 100k characters turn to 10-15k accounts/people



    Chaning level does not change server pop numbers
    Thats still fine, but when you have 513 servers across the world, and your LOW END ones have 15k active players, that is still really really good. Sorry to burst your bubble.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Not saying you are wrong or right about the overtaking or not, but to compare it to retail realms is just absolutely stupid considering most of them are DEAD. They could shutdown so many of them and it would have barely any impact on the players as so few would be shuffled to another realm.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh, now I see it was a mistake to quote you. You're absolutely clueless if you believe there are 100k people playing on the dead realms LOL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I agree the EU names are fucking terrible.
    I'm surprised they didn't go for "Hogger", but maybe there's a Russian retail realm with that name already? Or Asian?

    US gets simple, short or iconic names while the EU gets the opposit.
    Simpleton. OF course there aren't 100k active, and if you viewed the sliders on the website at all, you could see the disparity even further. But instead, you try to insult someone without ever actually doing any reading or inquiry yourself. Typical.

    No one is saying that dead servers have 100k ACTIVE, but they have 100k+ UNIQUE characters made on those realms. With the website showing roughly 3.9+ million, ACTIVE 120 characters. Sure, some of those are the same account, same person with alts, easy conclusion to draw.

    The point was, with only 24 classic realms, it will never take over retail, as all of those classic fanboys have talked about for the past year on this forum. Suck it nerd.

Site Navigation