World First Ragnaros and Onyxia Kill on Classic by APES - Gehennas EU
It only took a week to see the first world first kill of Ragnaros and Onyxia on the new classic server, and we owe the crazy performance to on the European Gehennas server!

The original world first kill of Ragnaros was 154 days after the initial release of the raid, years of game knowledge and practice took this down to just 6 days!



This article was originally published in forum thread: World First Ragnaros Kill on Classic by APES - Gehennas EU started by MagicFind View original post
Comments 459 Comments
  1. ali725's Avatar
    The fact he got killed so fast tells me people are gonna run through Classic content soo fast.
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    The fact he got killed so fast tells me people are gonna run through Classic content soo fast.
    The average player is nowhere near as committed or skilled to pull that off within the next month. Hell, the average player won't even be level 60 by the end of the month. It's an impressive feat.

    Classic will maintain stable population at least until All Hallow's End when people start mount farming. Classic doesn't have holidays and that'll be a downer for all the casuals.
  1. javierdsv's Avatar
    Method might be crying around some dark corner of Stormwind.


    It's ironic some apes cleared Classic first.
  1. Syegfryed's Avatar
    classic is sooo hard
  1. dragnipur's Avatar
    And people said it can't be done week 1.''That there is a reputation and resistance to be farmed.''
    Gratz to Apes.
  1. Wishblade's Avatar
    Well that's entirely disappointing.
  1. Sinaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The average player is nowhere near as committed or skilled to pull that off within the next month. Hell, the average player won't even be level 60 by the end of the month. It's an impressive feat.

    Classic will maintain stable population at least until All Hallow's End when people start mount farming. Classic doesn't have holidays and that'll be a downer for all the casuals.
    Holiday events are ignored by hardcore & casual players alike..
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Holiday events are ignored by hardcore & casual players alike..
    Yep, that's why the zones around Holiday events are so crowded.
  1. Nelle's Avatar
    Ok boiz pack it up. Classic is over. Now come back to BFA.
  1. QwertySham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Ok boiz pack it up. Classic is over. Now come back to BFA.
    This just in, people enjoy classic for more than just witnessing a world first classic kill. derp

    Just to add - They downed Onyxia as well
  1. aeuhe4yxzhds's Avatar
    Dont forget fixed classes, talents and other stuff like the debuff limit being higher makes the encounter easier. They also stacked fire protection potion making it significantly easier, especially during sons spawn
  1. beanman12345's Avatar
    Not surprised, people have been speed running this stuff on private servers for over a decade. Some of the reactions on the forums are pretty amusing though.
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Keep in mind that not everyone in their raid had BiS gear, much (if any) fire resist, let alone that not everyone is even max level. (S)He mouses over a few people who are 58 to 59, and someone even chatted 2x20. Not sure what that means but it’s provably safe to assume they had 2 level 20s. Could be wrong about that last part.
    If also enjoyed the person typing “is this where we delete are characters now?”
    Regardless, grats to Apez.
  1. akse's Avatar
    Has anyone also figured out the character performance difference of 1.12 talent characters vs 1.1 or whatever it was back then.

    And yeah these guys have been running in private servers for years also.
  1. SilenceRedo's Avatar
    Oh, who would've known! The so mighty and harcore vanilla raids were to be roflstomped as if they were not retarded at all.
  1. Xciting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Ok boiz pack it up. Classic is over. Now come back to BFA.
    No one is going back to BfA if they stop playing classic rofl its trash
  1. Valkaneer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    classic is sooo hard
    1.12 was released far after 1.3 when the original kill was made. By then all the classes had massive buffs huge QoL changes, and Rag had multiple nerfs. People remember how hard it was to kill the bosses at the time they were killed. Not over a year later almost at the very end of Vanilla. Rag only had 8 debuff slots when he was killed instead of 16 as he has in classic. Ascent had no voice chat and very few addons. The above video clearly shows multiple addons, dot timers, voice chat, all the class buffs and reworks had been done by 1.12, it's not the same thing.
  1. Vrinara's Avatar
    Atleast they aren't constantly repeating "WE ARE LEGENDS! WE ARE LEGENDS!"

    Congrats to them.. but something isn't right here..
  1. Boomzy's Avatar
    I'll never understand why people are so mad about others having fun.
  1. akse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    1.12 was released far after 1.3 when the original kill was made. By then all the classes had massive buffs huge QoL changes, and Rag had multiple nerfs. People remember how hard it was to kill the bosses at the time they were killed. Not over a year later almost at the very end of Vanilla. Rag only had 8 debuff slots when he was killed instead of 16 as he has in classic. Ascent had no voice chat and very few addons. The above video clearly shows multiple addons, dot timers, voice chat, all the class buffs and reworks had been done by 1.12, it's not the same thing.
    Indeed. MC and BWL will be much easier because if this unless they tuned something about Boss HP etc.

    AQ40 should be more in par with all the changes but yeah I doubt it is much harder for these guys who have been playing years in private servers. It wasn't hard for many of us after you got them in farm..

Site Navigation