Patch 8.2.5 on the Background Downloader
Patch 8.2.5 is on the Background Downloader! It has also been flagged as the release build. The download will be much smaller if you already have the PTR installed, as the client will use existing data.


This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.2.5 on the Background Downloader started by Stoy View original post
Comments 39 Comments
  1. Mogai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Isn't that a lot? I really don't follow closely the sizes of the patches.
    I think it's pretty big for a patch that doesn't bring any new zones or raids.
    EDIT: i forgot the 15th anniversary raid is in this patch
  1. Poizo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Isn't that a lot? I really don't follow closely the sizes of the patches.
    Considering it includes all content and changes up to February it's not too bad, most of the stuff is obviously encrypted.
  1. Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    BFA is going to have 4 seasons. I highly doubt they would do 4th season without a bigger patch and a raid tier with an M+ affix suiting that patch's theme.
    Source? Though Seasons don't necessarily conform to patch releases anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Nah. A small patch with no dungeon or raid can't be the only content for ten months.
    Well for October we'll have the War Campaign, November will be the Anniversary stuff which Blizzard will consider "long-term" content for the month and W3:R will probably release though if not then in December. If they announce the Expansion at Blizzcon, they might open Alpha in late December with intent for Beta in Feb/March alongside Classic Phase Two, pre-patch in June with a large themed event spanning the next two months for a release in August/September.
  1. Soeroah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    What is there to download? There is nothing in this patch.
    Anniversary raids and quests and old-style Alterac Valley, plus rewards

    Conclusion of War Campaign, variations for two factions

    About 10 minutes of cinematics

    Unknown number of new quests "around the world"

    Party Sync, Recruit-a-Friend rewards and UI and revamped scaling data related to such

    And who knows what else, considering a Blizzard developer is on record as saying they have stuff in this patch that "won't be datamined".
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Actually the Partysync only could be the best feature of the expansion as it allows to skip BC/WotLK leveling
    But BC/Wrath is the best leveling, I'd rather skip Draenor or Pandaria.
  1. Isiolia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    excuse me, can you explain me how?
    With Partysync you can be grouped by a level 1 char and be scaled to level 60. When you'll quest in a vanilla area, you'll gain XP for your level 60+ so let's say you're 110. When you'll do a level 60 quest with party sync you'll gain 16Kxp which is the usual XP gain for a quest at level 110.

    You only need the guy to be on a true account, and logged in but you can ask for someone leveling in a different region to partysync with you.

    You don't need to be in the area of that guy for partysync to work.
  1. Sluvs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    Considering it includes all content and changes up to February it's not too bad, most of the stuff is obviously encrypted.
    Interesting... This patch might end up better than expected.
  1. Sfidt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Source? Though Seasons don't necessarily conform to patch releases anyway.
    They do in BFA. Every Season has a Seasonal Affix that suits current raid tier. All this stuff about no 8.3. comes from recent youtube videos like "BFA CANCELLED".

    Now some essences like Lens of the Focusing Iris has a requirement for Rank 4: "Season: Season 3 or Later". To me it suggests that there will be another Season after S3 more than anything else would suggest that there is no patch 8.3.

    Also "We will know who the final boss of Battle for Azeroth is after the events of this raid." Means we will have at least a tiny (half) tier like Trial of Valor or another full scale raid.
  1. Musta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    With Partysync you can be grouped by a level 1 char and be scaled to level 60. When you'll quest in a vanilla area, you'll gain XP for your level 60+ so let's say you're 110. When you'll do a level 60 quest with party sync you'll gain 16Kxp which is the usual XP gain for a quest at level 110.

    You only need the guy to be on a true account, and logged in but you can ask for someone leveling in a different region to partysync with you.

    You don't need to be in the area of that guy for partysync to work.
    interesting... cool! ty!
  1. Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    They do in BFA. Every Season has a Seasonal Affix that suits current raid tier. All this stuff about no 8.3. comes from recent youtube videos like "BFA CANCELLED".
    Considering they've been rotating seasons every 20 or so weeks this expansion and the next season reset would be around December during 8.2.5 that might not remain the case and I'm not sure that the Reaping Affix "suited" Battle for Daz. It also comes from the fact there's been little mention of an 8.3 patch as of yet.

    Now some essences like Lens of the Focusing Iris has a requirement for Rank 4: "Season: Season 3 or Later". To me it suggests that there will be another Season after S3 more than anything else would suggest that there is no patch 8.3.
    As above, Seasons aren't necessarily tied to patches especially as the next one will fall in 8.2.5 unless they're planning to have around a two month long seasonal break or a longer season 3.

    Also "We will know who the final boss of Battle for Azeroth is after the events of this raid." Means we will have at least a tiny (half) tier like Trial of Valor or another full scale raid.
    This is an unsupported statement made by a single individual who claims to have heard it said by Ion during a Press Summit but has no other corroborating sources from others who attended the same summit. It's very suspect and there's evidence it was only said to give weight to what he read in the dungeon journal whilst previewing the last patch.
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    No new build with any of the feedback (since start of PTR) for the Worgen models has been implemented. Wow, Blizzard sure showed us that the concerns they'd just rush these out was 110% valid. The models themselves are the same as Blizzcon's. The time since might have just been adding the HD verisons of their limited customization options.

    Drastic improvement over the current but still not at the bar of the other HD races, with animations that are small edits and removal of some (male ears don't animate on hd models). It's almost like going Cata level on the original races because it would technically still be better than the old models.

    Oh well, at least my boy is prettier now with a better run and casting animation.
  1. Rhlor's Avatar
    I need new content !!!
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Jesus Christ, can't wait to see the deafening silence from the trolls burping the "there will be no 8.3, BfA's been cancelled!!"-conspiracy theory once 8.3 starts showing on PTR.
  1. Scroolooseuk's Avatar
    Anniversary raids and quests and old-style Alterac Valley, plus rewards
    Is AV really gonna be like it was? 8 hour battles....i can't see it happeneing with the currently class setup we have. One of the best memories i have of AV in 2005 was blink into horde and spamming arcane explosion. i can't see a mage with the current setup doing that??
  1. Gadzooks's Avatar
    In before "That's it?!?! That's all there is?"

    Oh, wait. Too late.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    This is an unsupported statement made by a single individual who claims to have heard it said by Ion during a Press Summit but has no other corroborating sources from others who attended the same summit. It's very suspect and there's evidence it was only said to give weight to what he read in the dungeon journal whilst previewing the last patch.
    No, let's be accurate here. Teliesen of Taliesen and Evitel said Ion said it to everyone, at the streamer meetup at Blizzard, when 8.2 was revealed. They were invited with a host of other streamers (Preach lost out on going by getting banned), and they all spoke to and listened to presentations by the WoW team, after playing 8.2.

    You can choose to not believe him, but I've seen no pushback from Blizzard or anyone else that he's lying. He says it in this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_PjunmaAE

    At the 4:00 mark. "When Ion Hazzicostas told US"

    You can minimize this or attempt to hand wave it away, but I've seen nobody accuse Taliesin of lying, from any of the other attendees of that meetup. Feel free to prove me wrong, however.
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    In before "That's it?!?! That's all there is?"

    Oh, wait. Too late.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, let's be accurate here. Teliesen of Taliesen and Evitel said Ion said it to everyone, at the streamer meetup at Blizzard, when 8.2 was revealed. They were invited with a host of other streamers (Preach lost out on going by getting banned), and they all spoke to and listened to presentations by the WoW team, after playing 8.2.

    You can choose to not believe him, but I've seen no pushback from Blizzard or anyone else that he's lying. He says it in this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_PjunmaAE

    At the 4:00 mark. "When Ion Hazzicostas told US"

    You can minimize this or attempt to hand wave it away, but I've seen nobody accuse Taliesin of lying, from any of the other attendees of that meetup. Feel free to prove me wrong, however.
    Yeah, I remember that.

    It's just that the never-happy-ever-crowd needs to spew the same BS narrative they spew every expansion that they're not enjoying.

    Meanwhile, not even WoD was abandoned. What we got = what they were willing and able to give in the time that they had, the cut content was due to corporate scheduling and the good old "1-year expansions lul!"-pipe dream.
  1. Asotcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You can minimize this or attempt to hand wave it away, but I've seen nobody accuse Taliesin of lying, from any of the other attendees of that meetup. Feel free to prove me wrong, however.
    I'd like to add to this by pointing out that no one was questioning the validity of this statement when we were all waiting to see what the Azshara defeat cinematic would show; so it makes it look even more like this is just trotted out to support that particular talking point.

    On topic, I can't wait to see how they do the war campaign thing and the stuff that wasn't able to be datamined. Plus the new stuff in Stormsong!
  1. Gadzooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I'd like to add to this by pointing out that no one was questioning the validity of this statement when we were all waiting to see what the Azshara defeat cinematic would show; so it makes it look even more like this is just trotted out to support that particular talking point.

    On topic, I can't wait to see how they do the war campaign thing and the stuff that wasn't able to be datamined. Plus the new stuff in Stormsong!
    I also think Bellular has referenced what Taliesin said, on his streams, but I didn't want to plow through a bunch of videos to find it.
  1. Dorfadin's Avatar
    Nothing interesting to log in for with 8.2.5 I see, guess 8.3 is in January, dam that a long wait for the next Raid

Site Navigation