The War Campaign Finale Cinematics
The war campaign comes to a thrilling conclusion with the new patch! Be warned, these cinematics contain HEAVY SPOILERS.



This article was originally published in forum thread: The War Campaign Finale Cinematics started by Stoy View original post
Comments 411 Comments
  1. Zmagoslav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Didn't watch the cinematics but I have one question I'd like an answer : Does your choices matters? Especially concerning the : Support the Rebel or Support Sylvanas, does it have an impact in the quest and aftermatch?
    Considering what she says there your choices never mattered.
  1. Lora's Avatar
    seems theres some extra stuff depending if you sided with sylvanas or saurfang
  1. Whiskyjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhh.... she's a Banshee....
    Well not anymore she isn't... her body isn't supposed to come along for the ride..

    Even beyond that what a utterly pointless cutscene it seems more designed to desperately give the forsaken a way to lore wise not support the comic book villain...
  1. Ealyssa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's funny that the only 'Alliance atrocities' Anduin can come up with is Arthas and Jaina's father and he implies that it's equal to everything Horde has done.
    Diplomacy is hard for simple minded people...
  1. Sorshen's Avatar
    Should add the 3rd one for the loyalists conclusion... where Sylvanas admits she's in cahoots with N'Zoth/Azshara and she wants to feed the Alliance/Horde armies to them, and then she'll backstab for "Death".
  1. Teph's Avatar
    Ok, that was just awful. Visuals were nice as always, but wtf is that writing.
  1. Hinastorm's Avatar
    These 2 videos are practically screaming at us that some sort of faction unification is coming.

    Which is good, splitting your playerbase in 2 never really made sense from a design standpoint.

    Sylv and Nzoth team up, almost win, the factions realize they need to unite for the long term. It's all so obvious.
  1. Deadite's Avatar
    That loads of old bollocks just left me even more confused.
  1. Timotei's Avatar
    Taking WAR out of WARcraft is a genius move!
    Congratulations writing team!
    Blizzard could literally hire The Last Jedi screenwriter and he still wouldn't fuck the story up this bad.
  1. discofleshpot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    Well not anymore she isn't... her body isn't supposed to come along for the ride..

    Even beyond that what a utterly pointless cutscene it seems more designed to desperately give the forsaken a way to lore wise not support the comic book villain...
    Even so, this would be cinematic #3 where she's used the smokey Banshee stuff. I imagine she's empowered by Xalatath or Nzoth as they even state she's getting stronger every day. I dunno... the Mak'gora, I expected more from. Like, I honestly didn't think they would pull a Gul'dan from the movie. I don't know... I'm not super critical of stuff like this.
  1. Rogalicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I know, off the top of my head: Garithos, Camp Taurajo, Orc internment camps, and the Purge of Dalaran. Is any of this comparable to what the Horde has done since arriving on Azeroth? Perhaps Arthas, but he wasn't too discriminating in who he killed.
    Garithos? Kind of.
    Camp Taurajo? Blame quillboars, Alliance actually let civilians go.
    Internment camps? As opposed to total genocide of orcs?
    Purge of Dalaran was Jaina's mistake, but Sunreavers really were working with Garrosh behind Council's back.
  1. Hinastorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timotei View Post
    Taking WAR out of WARcraft is a genius move!
    Congratulations writing team!
    Blizzard could literally hire The Last Jedi screenwriter and he still wouldn't fuck the story up this bad.
    Plenty of baddies to be at War with, does not have to be ally vs horde to be Warcraft. Unpopular, true, opinion, I know.

    Splitting your playerbase in 2 never made sense from a design standpoint.
  1. Zappidoo's Avatar
    This doesn't feel like what Blizz had originally planned for Sylvanus, this feels forced........
  1. Cholerabob's Avatar
    And she escapes... Again... WTH...
  1. Whiskyjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    Even so, this would be cinematic #3 where she's used the smokey Banshee stuff. I imagine she's empowered by Xalatath or Nzoth as they even state she's getting stronger every day. I dunno... the Mak'gora, I expected more from. Like, I honestly didn't think they would pull a Gul'dan from the movie. I don't know... I'm not super critical of stuff like this.
    I just like things making sense and for characters to act in a somewhat consistent manner.

    Nothing that happened makes any sense plot wise. Hell lore wise sylvanas died by doing a belly first power slide into frostmourne but now shes a expert hand to hand fighter dispite never using anything but a bow and weird ghost powers?

    It's all just so tiresome.
  1. omeleet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Should add the 3rd one for the loyalists conclusion... where Sylvanas admits she's in cahoots with N'Zoth/Azshara and she wants to feed the Alliance/Horde armies to them.
    That is unlikely given there was a pre-bfa comic that implied the void was at war with death.

    EDIT: Wow I just saw it. Okay, I have no idea what Blizzard is trying to write anymore.
  1. Drpizka's Avatar
    Dead game. Just classic from now on
  1. Masser's Avatar
    Terrible!!!
  1. Life-Binder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Should add the 3rd one for the loyalists conclusion... where Sylvanas admits she's in cahoots with N'Zoth/Azshara and she wants to feed the Alliance/Horde armies to them.
  1. Sorshen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omeleet View Post
    That is unlikely given there was a pre-bfa comic that implied the void was at war with death.
    Should've made my post clearer. Updated.

Site Navigation