Celebrate 15 Years of World of Warcraft
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
This November marks the 15th anniversary of World of Warcraft, and we have some special things planned to commemorate the occasion.

When: November 5, 2019 – January 7, 2020 (The Americas)

November 6, 2019 – January 8, 2020 (Europe)

November 7, 2019 – January 9, 2020 (Asia)


New Raids: Memories of Azeroth
Chromie has separated the strands of time, allowing you to go back and relive epic raid encounters from Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. Each of these limited-time raids will feature three iconic bosses, and they’ll be available as their own wings through the Raid Finder.

To enter the raid, you need a minimum item level of 380. Players who complete all three wings will receive the achievement Memories of Fel, Frost and Fire which grants the Obsidian Worldbreaker, a Black Dragonflight mount inspired by Deathwing.


Return to Alterac Valley of Olde
Run down your enemies, raze their fortifications, and exchange the tokens you loot from their corpses to summon mighty reinforcements in Korrak’s Revenge, a throwback Battleground inspired by the earliest days of Alterac Valley.

Players who participate in Korrak’s Revenge and complete the Alterac Valley of Olde achievement can earn two new mounts: the Stormpike Battle Ram (Alliance) and the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).

Anniversary Gift
Get ready to celebrate 15 years of World of Warcraft in style! Everyone who logs in during the event period will receive an Anniversary Gift in the mail, which includes a Lil’ Nefarian battle pet, a Celebration Package that increases experience and reputation gains throughout the event, a reusable firework that can be used for the duration of the event, an item that teleports you to the Caverns of Time (usable only during the event), and other in-game goodies.


This pocket-sized Lord of Blackrock is too small to call out any classes, but he can still dish up a good insult.

These events and rewards are available to experience this week in all regions. We’re looking forward to celebrating 15 epic years with you!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Celebrate 15 Years of World of Warcraft started by chaud View original post
Comments 118 Comments
  1. Palapop's Avatar
    1. Where do we queue?

    2. If we earn 1 AV mount on X faction, does it mean we can use opposite mount in opposite faction? (e.g. earned Ram as A, can ride Wolf on H char)?

    soz for INGLISH.
  1. Meebo's Avatar
    Might be a good indicator of when 8.3 hits. Jan 7.
  1. darkthunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. Where do we queue?

    2. If we earn 1 AV mount on X faction, does it mean we can use opposite mount in opposite faction? (e.g. earned Ram as A, can ride Wolf on H char)?

    soz for INGLISH.
    and they’ll be available as their own wings through the Raid Finder
    Through the regular Group Finder
  1. kaintk's Avatar
    So the raids will be lfr? If yes, im happy for this, im casual now and dont want to fight to find a raid

    If not, then ... too bad for me :P
  1. Palapop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Through the regular Group Finder
    oooops... sorry and thank you. I missed that detail.

    know anything about 2nd question tho?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    So the raids will be lfr? If yes, im happy for this, im casual now and dont want to fight to find a raid

    If not, then ... too bad for me :P

    if you play EU-A, I will gladly help you to get it buddy
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    It'll be in LFR. It's three wings. Should be fun!
  1. Psygon's Avatar
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?
  1. Myzou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?
    Classic is only a couple months old. Why on Earth would they hold the Anniversary for 15 years there? Especially when it features content that isn't on Classic?

    A large majority of retail players do not play Classic and have no interest in Classic.
  1. Cerus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?
    You got your classic. If you want these rewards then play retail. Can’t have it both ways.
  1. Lurker1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You got your classic. If you want these rewards then play retail. Can’t have it both ways.
    Well said!
  1. Kayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?
    Classic is Classic, no changes!

    These gifts are for retail only.
  1. Masqerader's Avatar
    Mount should have been the reward for logging in for giving this game life for 15 years.
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?

    lol why would classic get a 15 year anniversary for retail?classic will have its own anniversary
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Mount should have been the reward for logging in for giving this game life for 15 years.
    That's the battle pet. Most people wouldn't have done LFR for the battle pet.
  1. Silakka's Avatar
    Authentic rain forest feel with all these parrots. Cool mount though
  1. Watchers's Avatar
    a nice 13 euros mount, sorry but no.
  1. Fritters154's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Classic seems to fit best for this anniversary!

    As someone who has abandoned retail, I wonder if we'll get the rep bonuses on Classic?
    Classic has been out for like 2 months, why would it be getting an anniversary? Especially one that commemorates 15 years...
  1. Muajin76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Celebrate 15 Years of World of Warcraft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This November marks the 15th anniversary of World of Warcraft, and we have some special things planned to commemorate the occasion.

    When: November 5, 2019 – January 7, 2020 (The Americas)

    November 6, 2019 – January 8, 2020 (Europe)

    November 7, 2019 – January 9, 2020 (Asia)


    New Raids: Memories of Azeroth
    Chromie has separated the strands of time, allowing you to go back and relive epic raid encounters from Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. Each of these limited-time raids will feature three iconic bosses, and they’ll be available as their own wings through the Raid Finder.

    To enter the raid, you need a minimum item level of 380. Players who complete all three wings will receive the achievement Memories of Fel, Frost and Fire which grants the Obsidian Worldbreaker, a Black Dragonflight mount inspired by Deathwing.


    Return to Alterac Valley of Olde
    Run down your enemies, raze their fortifications, and exchange the tokens you loot from their corpses to summon mighty reinforcements in Korrak’s Revenge, a throwback Battleground inspired by the earliest days of Alterac Valley.

    Players who participate in Korrak’s Revenge and complete the Alterac Valley of Olde achievement can earn two new mounts: the Stormpike Battle Ram (Alliance) and the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).

    Anniversary Gift
    Get ready to celebrate 15 years of World of Warcraft in style! Everyone who logs in during the event period will receive an Anniversary Gift in the mail, which includes a Lil’ Nefarian battle pet, a Celebration Package that increases experience and reputation gains throughout the event, a reusable firework that can be used for the duration of the event, an item that teleports you to the Caverns of Time (usable only during the event), and other in-game goodies.


    This pocket-sized Lord of Blackrock is too small to call out any classes, but he can still dish up a good insult.

    These events and rewards are available to experience this week in all regions. We’re looking forward to celebrating 15 epic years with you!
    Isn't asmon hosting a party coming up to commemorate this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol why would classic get a 15 year anniversary for retail?classic will have its own anniversary
    After 14 years. :P
  1. Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    And suddenly, the naysayers proclaiming that Blizzard had lied on the investors call and these raids wouldn't be om LFR, are very quiet...

    Can't wait, I will be gunning for both mounts!
  1. lunethzero's Avatar
    I wonder if they will have a sale for character services as well. I got some toons that need moving

Site Navigation