Patch 8.3 PTR - Bind on Account Item Level 410 Catch Up Gear
Currently on the PTR, it has been discovered that catch up gear has been added in a manner similar to Argus and Timeless Isle. As you venture into Assaults in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossom, you will notice blue gear tokens will drop. Here is what we know so far:



PvP Brawl Changed to Arathi Blizzard
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
In order to fix a technical issue preventing players from leaving the Comp Stomp brawl, we’re changing the brawl over to Arathi Blizzard for the rest of this week.

We plan to then run a week of Comp Stomp starting Tuesday (Dec. 3).

Sorry for the mix-up!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.3 PTR - BoA Item Level 400 Catch Up Gear, Brawl Change to Arathi Blizzard started by chaud View original post
Comments 101 Comments
  1. Corroc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    400 is stupidly low...

    I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.
    Its not any higher than 385 benthic gear. You prolly get higher than 400 gear if you play the assaults and do the new scenario for the cloak just like you can upgrade your benthic gear now if you do nazjatar content.
  1. Appelgren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    You mean you're not doing mythics anymore? How could you be 430-440 without raiding or mythics?
    Not doing them regularly that is.
    Maybe 1 mythic every two-three months. Also being somewhat lucky with titanforging. Never raided anything higher than LFR

    Edit: Was longer since I logged in than I remembered.

    My chars are 420-430. Not 430-440.

    Still... 400 doesnt feel that amazing.
    Especially if you are active doing raids and mythics regularly...
  1. Sfidt's Avatar
    Don't really care about the items. What's the point if you have to grind essencess all over again for each and every alt without anything being really sped up.
  1. McNeil's Avatar
    400 gear is good for freshly dinged alts, though it will feel like a slight upgrade over benthic gear. Hopefully they will increase it to 410 or 415. I wish they gave us proper catch up weapons aswell.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    400 item level seems too low for 8.3 catch-up gear.

    • The tokens are armor and slot specific.
    RIP bag space.
  1. ztkraptor's Avatar
    Adding more junk to the amusement park...
    Their desperation for retail players is showing so hard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    400 gear is good for freshly dinged alts, though it will feel like a slight upgrade over benthic gear. Hopefully they will increase it to 410 or 415. I wish they gave us proper catch up weapons aswell.
    Should just log in to fresh toons in full raid gear right? I mean why not?
  1. DazManianDevil's Avatar
    Imagine the horror if these tokens could Corrupt.
    "Hello rolling this stupid 400ilvl trinket token 312 times to get the right one of 9 combos, with the right tier 3 corruption affix!" /s

    Hyperbole aside, 400ilvl seems okay. In theory, your alt dings 120, has all 400ilvl gear; in a world where Mythic 0 is 430. It catches you up to queue heroic 5mans if you're an ultra casual.
    Realistically I'll just mail every token to my Warlock for enchanting mats :3
  1. Monkeymootwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Adding more junk to the amusement park...
    Their desperation for retail players is showing so hard.
    How is adding catchup gear showing "their desperation for retail"?
  1. aeuhe4yxzhds's Avatar
    ugh why items for every armor type instead of just for one specific slot? 4 times as many items to farm/hold.
  1. Xemioza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    I hope they drop as much as the Timeless Isle ones did. I need some for the 12 new 120’s I have thanks to the anniversary AV
    I wanted to say the same xd

    Atm Im using benthic gear + 380 weapon/rings from Hillsbrad AV vendor .

    I stopped doing emissaries/wqs/islands/anything...just spamming AV and sometimes dungeons using party sync (gives a lot of exp aswell)
  1. Doffen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    How is adding catchup gear showing "their desperation for retail"?
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
  1. Soeroah's Avatar
    Even ignoring the oddly low ilevel, going from Benthic's armourless tokens to armour specific tokens is kinda a backwards step.
  1. Monkeymootwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
    oh I know. I just wanted to hear his response :P
  1. Dan Delion's Avatar
    when i hover over the armor, they show ilvl 410 and 415 for the azerite gear
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Not doing them regularly that is.
    Maybe 1 mythic every two-three months. Also being somewhat lucky with titanforging. Never raided anything higher than LFR

    Edit: Was longer since I logged in than I remembered.

    My chars are 420-430. Not 430-440.

    Still... 400 doesnt feel that amazing.
    Especially if you are active doing raids and mythics regularly...
    thats why its called catchup lol,if you are doing raids and mythics ofc you wont need this,these items are great for fresh 120's or people who come back after a few patches,my uldir characters will get some big upgrades from these
  1. Moonfall's Avatar
    I'm excited to get the raid lfr appearances without having to set foot in lfr.
  1. Zantos's Avatar
    I mean, you can get 400 ilevel pretty easy for alts if they get to nazjatar. I guess this just makes it easier. Glad to see trinkets and rings included though. Hated not having that for the current set. Just wish we could get another place like 2.0 for this type of deal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    400 is stupidly low...

    I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.
    That is true. Compared to what the ilevel is going to be, it is very low. Just barely LFR eternal palace ilevel. Wont be good for catch up gear
  1. Appelgren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats why its called catchup lol,if you are doing raids and mythics ofc you wont need this,these items are great for fresh 120's or people who come back after a few patches,my uldir characters will get some big upgrades from these
    But thats the point. If someone lvl an alt it wont be caught up to their raiding/mythic-chars ilvl.

    It wont even be caught up to my chars thats not doing raiding/mythics. Its too low of a ”catch up”

    Lol...
  1. Mendzia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
    There was no catchup gear in TBC.
    They started it in WotLK with 3 new dungeons that were added with ICC.
  1. huldu's Avatar
    400? It says 410 on the armor and 400 on the ring/trinket. 400 is too low, 410 seems more reasonable. I'm glad they're giving trinkets and rings even tho item level is "only" 400, it's tough getting those on a fresh character unless you're very lucky to see a wq. 410 on armor and 415 on azerite seems decent. I'm going to assume that this means that heroic dungeons will be around 420-425? Not sure now it might be a bit too high... maybe for a "regular" mythic.

Site Navigation