Ion Hazzikostas Response to Rumored Second Secret Mythic N'Zoth Phase
During the Ny'alotha World First Race, theories were buzzing around that N'Zoth had a second secret chamber phase at the 25% mark. Ion Hazzikostas responded to this theory in a tweet recently to clarify that it was never the case and Limit had encountered a bug.



HandyNotes - Visions of N'Zoth Addon
Visions of N'Zoth has a lot to keep track of, and this HandyNotes plugin addon helps a lot as you fly around assaults and explore the content of 8.3! Note that this addon needs the HandyNotes addon to run. The Visions of N'Zoth plugin has a multitude of different useful displays, but here are the most helpful. For a full rundown on what it can do, check out the addon page.



  • Displays rare mobs that spawn during the assault on your map indicated by a skull.
    • If the skull is blue, you still have a collectible that hasn't been looted yet from that particular mob.
    • Hovering over the skull will display information on the NPC, including lighting up its multiple spawn points and showing noteworthy loot it can drop.
  • Shows the location and name of the 6 events in each assault for the day, indicated by a yellow pin on your map.
    • These pins will update daily when the assault dailies reset.
  • Displays the different spawn locations for all lootable chests during the assault.
    • Regular chests show up as a chest icon on the map.
    • The once-per-assault locked coffers show up as a spiked chest icon on the map.
  • Both the Elusive Quickhoof and Friendly Alpaca NPCs needed to get the respective mounts are displayed on the map with an alpaca icon. Hovering over this will show an overlay with the multiple different spawn points on the map.
  • Horrific Vision maps display the locations of mailboxes for the Mail Muncher mount as well as other notable areas with collectibles.


Fan Art - Vulpera Class Specific Heritage Armor Concepts
Arthur Lorenz is back again, this time with fan made concept art for class specific Vulpera heritage armor! Check it out by clicking the banner below. For more amazing concept fan art, visit the Arthur Lorenz ArtStation!



Dark Legacy Comics #714
DLC #714 has been released!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ion Response - Mythic N'Zoth Rumor, Patch 8.3 HandyNotes Addon, Fan Art, DLC 714 started by Stoy View original post
Comments 127 Comments
  1. Bloodyleech's Avatar
    On mythic this fight should have been carapace going into last, without a break. Actually decreasing the bosscount on mythic by 1, because you do both fights in one. Ofc without the "secret phase trash mob kill" we got instead.
  1. Yarathir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You are trying so hard to remain correct you can’t even see you’re wrong and move on. Multiple people pointed out no deus ex Machina occurred, you still insist even though there are facts being presented.
    You stated no forces protect the array in Uldum yet multiple people have pointed out there are, in fact, NPCs protecting it.
    The point is, you’re arguing a point that doesn’t exist and has been shown to be wrong. If you don’t like how it was handled, that’s fine. Lots of people dislike the in game cinematic. I liked it, but I think they still should have had a follow up one with fully rendered cutscene involving the characters like they normally do. As for N’zoth, I don’t know how Blizzard have hyped him up for 10 years. Do you say this because he has a cult that have been seen from time to time? So what. That’s not hyping him up, just that he can manipulate people, something he does in the final battle.
    I think at this point you just want to argue to keep doing it because you get enjoyment out of it, or you’re just stubborn. No one with actual facts thrown at them would keep arguing like you do unless they are just that insecure they have to keep trying.
    I think you're projecting a bit, and getting frustrated just because I won't budge to your "nuh uh." Nothing I said is wrong.

    There are no serious forces expended to guard the thing that can wipe out all life on Azeroth and is the primary target of more than one faction of enemies in the patch. This is not a goalpost switch, this is pedantry. "Y-yeah technically there were like.. a few mall guards that were around to.. I guess shoo some faceless away. OWNED."

    And the facts also remain that there was nothing really done to deal with N'Zoth in a meaningful way. The character loses, but it didn't matter, because in the end, through the power of love and Azeroth, they still get to play their role as an anchor point so that N'Zoth can explode and a 20 second cutscene of him exploding and Ny'alotha disappearing can happen. That's garbage writing and anticlimactic, no matter how you spin it.

    N'Zoth has been a presence since at least Cataclysm, arguably earlier-- but Cataclysm is when they officially assigned a name to him, since he was now the primary force steering Deathwing, the Twilight Hammer and everything surrounding it, and since then, there have been plenty of things hinting to him or stuff connected to him, like the puzzle box. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but any halfway decent company would deal with it with more fanfare than what Blizzard did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Sure technically he was afraid of what an old god could do but other than corrupting a world soul there's literally nothing they could do to frighten/harm him. If I go to a malaria heavy place I may do preventative measures to lower my chances of catching it but I'm not cowering in fear at the sight of mosquitoes especially when I return home where there are billions of them but no chance of getting malaria. I'm scared of what I can catch from them(in certain areas) not the mosquito itself.

    We have people dealing with N'Zoth's shit all over the place and it wasn't guarded by mall cops. It's guarded by the people the Titans themselves chose to protect it. If anything its the Horde/Alliance's/players fault for leaving before clearing out every baddie. And at the end the entrance is sealed and we deal with the shit that was set up previous so its not like it keeps getting invaded repeatedly.
    Your analogy is nonsense. You know a mafia boss might be physically weaker than you, right? But would you still fear one for factors that aren't direct physical might? Sargeras went on his whole crusade and cut planets in half just on the off chance that they could possess a World Soul and therefore be infected by Old Gods. The Old Gods might not be able to stand up to Sargeras in a physical competition, but Sargeras still fears them and what they can do.

    You can diminish this all you want, but it doesn't look favorable when you go "Uhm, actually you're not scared of somebody unless they intimidate you with brute physical strength."

    And I was not really throwing out blame towards any in-game group, so I'm not sure why you're talking about fault. I'm saying it's dumb from a story point that there's not at least half an army guarding a place that can wipe out all life on Azeroth. Could be any army, but at least the Alliance and Horde should take some interest in trying to protect it, especially in 8.3, as I said, when it's a clear objective for more than one faction of enemies.
  1. qwerty123456's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

    Your analogy is nonsense. You know a mafia boss might be physically weaker than you, right? But would you still fear one for factors that aren't direct physical might? Sargeras went on his whole crusade and cut planets in half just on the off chance that they could possess a World Soul and therefore be infected by Old Gods. The Old Gods might not be able to stand up to Sargeras in a physical competition, but Sargeras still fears them and what they can do.

    You can diminish this all you want, but it doesn't look favorable when you go "Uhm, actually you're not scared of somebody unless they intimidate you with brute physical strength."

    And I was not really throwing out blame towards any in-game group, so I'm not sure why you're talking about fault. I'm saying it's dumb from a story point that there's not at least half an army guarding a place that can wipe out all life on Azeroth. Could be any army, but at least the Alliance and Horde should take some interest in trying to protect it, especially in 8.3, as I said, when it's a clear objective for more than one faction of enemies.
    My analogy is in no way nonsense and much better than yours as its not the mosquito or old god that could kill a titan but the potential of its "infection". Mafia boss has weapons and underlings and even if they are weaker than you can still do damage to you. Titan's are so beyond Old gods in terms of power that even the void lords who toss old gods around the universe like they are a dime a dozen are jealous of their power. Old gods and mosquitos only have one potential threat to a titan/human. The void lords you could possibly compare to a mafia boss as they are much closer to titans in power (human to human) as well as having minions and can potentially recruit another human(dark titan) to kill you(titan). And thats not even mentioning that the sizes are much more accurate in my comparison as well.

    I'm saying we are at fault because we(alliance/horde/heroes) were the ones that went in and just left after clearing a couple guys and left it in the hands of the Tolvir. Horde and Alliance just recently stopped fighting and would have still have bad blood between them which is much easier to manipulate. The entrance has been destroyed and Mother has a connection to it not like there needs to be millions of people protecting it especially when shits going down all over the place.
  1. Yarathir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    My analogy is in no way nonsense and much better than yours as its not the mosquito or old god that could kill a titan but the potential of its "infection". Mafia boss has weapons and underlings and even if they are weaker than you can still do damage to you. Titan's are so beyond Old gods in terms of power that even the void lords who toss old gods around the universe like they are a dime a dozen are jealous of their power. Old gods and mosquitos only have one potential threat to a titan/human. The void lords you could possibly compare to a mafia boss as they are much closer to titans in power (human to human) as well as having minions and can potentially recruit another human(dark titan) to kill you(titan). And thats not even mentioning that the sizes are much more accurate in my comparison as well.

    I'm saying we are at fault because we(alliance/horde/heroes) were the ones that went in and just left after clearing a couple guys and left it in the hands of the Tolvir. Horde and Alliance just recently stopped fighting and would have still have bad blood between them which is much easier to manipulate. The entrance has been destroyed and Mother has a connection to it not like there needs to be millions of people protecting it especially when shits going down all over the place.
    If you go around haphazardly destroying planets in fear of another being's capability, even if not their direct physical prowess, then you are afraid of what they are and what they can do.

    It's really as simple as that. Sargeras fears them, but not because they can kill him, but because they can bring about a Dark Titan. His whole Legion was built upon this fear (post all of the retcons), and whether you want to regard it or not, it's a fear of what the Old Gods can do.

    Well, sure, blame either faction if you want, the point is that it lacked protection for something that is more dangerous than a nuclear missile. I know that's done to facilitate gameplay, but that doesn't make it any less silly.
  1. FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How is it not true at all? People hated Ghostcrawler and said as soon as he is removed things will get better. Same is happening with Ion.

    People didn't like Ghostcrawlers decisions but he very clearly outlined WHY he was doing them and provided reasoning that made sense. People like Celestalon and

    I said nothing at all that remotely even explained the differences. All I said is people wanted Ghostcrawler gone for similar reasons they want Ion gone (ie harming the game).
    People said the same about mike morhaime, people said the same about jeff, people said the same about chris met, people said the same about celestion, people said the same about alex A.

    people see something they dont like, then choose whoevers name they know and blame them.
    its just a cycle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, but I'd argue it's also easier to create something cool when the theme is as narrow as "vulpera monk" or "dark iron shaman." That's very specific and easy to hone in on compared to "Uldir plate" or "Nazjatar cloth."

    I think one of the issues with doing sets based on armor type rather than class is that the theme has to become more broad. The tradeoff is you get to do more themes overall, at least ideally. The later content seasons in BFA didn't maintain the unique Warfront/PVP sets that made the tradeoff actually worth it in Seasons 1 and 2. Of course, there's also heritage armor in the mix...

    I mean, we can calculate pretty easily the total number of new armor sets added in both expansions:

    Legion:
    • Demon Hunter Starter + Order Sets x 3
    • Quest 1 x 4 Armor Types
    • Quest 2 x 4 Armor Types
    • Dungeon 1 x 4 Armor Types
    • Gladiator x 4 Armor Types
    • Season 1 x 12 Classes
    • Season 2 x 12 Classes
    • Dungeon 2 x 4 Armor Types
    • Season 3 x 12 Classes
    • Dungeon 3 x 4 Armor Types
    • Rare Argus Sets x 2 Armor Types

    Battle for Azeroth:
    • Horde Quest x 4 Armor Types
    • Alliance Quest x 4 Armor Types
    • Horde Dungeon x 4 Armor Types
    • Alliance Dungeon x 4 Armor Types
    • Raid Season 1 x 4 Armor Types
    • Horde Season 1 x 4 Armor Types
    • Alliance Season 1 x 4 Armor Types
    • Raid Season 2 x 4 Armor Types
    • Horde Season 2 x 4 Armor Types
    • Alliance Season 2 x 4 Armor Types
    • Brawler's Guild Set x 1
    • Season 3 x 4 Armor Types
    • Season 4 x 4 Armor Types
    • Heritage Armor x 10 Allied Races
    • Heritage Armor x 6 Core Races

    Unless I miscounted, BFA has introduced about 65 new sets, while Legion introduced... 65 new sets.

    Now, that's not including recolors of old gear like the Order Hall gear in Legion (except for Demon Hunters, which was new) or the Island Expedition gear in BFA. I also grouped pre-purchase gear (DH for Legion, Heritage Armor for BFA, Eternal Traveler for Shadowlands) with their respective expansions.

    I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything, so the two expansions are actually pretty damn comparable when you look at the whole picture.


    Edit: I forgot that there were only rare drop Argus sets for plate and cloth. So actually they both seem to have exactly 65 new armor sets, unless I missed some.
    Dont forget there is also heritage armor sets, and also there is the different upgraded versions of the warfront/pvp sets.
    there was the level 1, level 2, and level 3, of season 1 and 2.

    Also you forgot the x4 benthic sets.
  1. qwerty123456's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If you go around haphazardly destroying planets in fear of another being's capability, even if not their direct physical prowess, then you are afraid of what they are and what they can do.

    It's really as simple as that. Sargeras fears them, but not because they can kill him, but because they can bring about a Dark Titan. His whole Legion was built upon this fear (post all of the retcons), and whether you want to regard it or not, it's a fear of what the Old Gods can do.

    Well, sure, blame either faction if you want, the point is that it lacked protection for something that is more dangerous than a nuclear missile. I know that's done to facilitate gameplay, but that doesn't make it any less silly.
    Sargeras was driven mad. He also stabbed the shit out of Azeroth even though he wanted to fuck her. He also thought that after he destroyed everything he could remake it. If a dark titan could be created any other way he would destroy that too. Just because Old gods are currently the only known way that possibly happens doesn't mean its a fear of them its of what they could do.
  1. Lucetia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    People said the same about mike morhaime, people said the same about jeff, people said the same about chris met, people said the same about celestion, people said the same about alex A.

    people see something they dont like, then choose whoevers name they know and blame them.
    its just a cycle.
    Exactly. Which is funny in a way because people complained about Jeff Kaplan, but now some are saying how they want him back because of what he's done with OW and how he talks to the community and cares. People can't pick a side and find it easier to complain about whoever is the "face" at the time. I mean I get that there are problems at times and people don't like stuff. Just don't blame who the face is and realize it's a team effort.

Site Navigation