Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - April 27
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
Monk
  • [With regional restarts] Mistweaver Monks’ Rising Mist can now extend a heal-over-time effect by up to 100% of its original duration.
    • Developers’ note: When we buffed Rising Mist with the intention of making melee Mistweaver a viable playstyle, players discovered that stacking extreme amounts of haste and cooldown reduction can reach a breaking point of infinite duration on Mistweaver Monks’ heal-over-time effects. Even though it’s exciting to see people discover new builds and interactions, the sheer power level in this case is likely to have a negative effect on the healing game for the remainder of Battle for Azeroth. This change is intended to prevent the infinite extension, while allowing Rising Mist to still enable an effective melee playstyle.

Fan Art - Journey to Gilneas Cinematic Trailer
Voolcan created a nice trailer that provides a little bit more Gilneas content.



Dark Legacy Comics #724
DLC #724 has been released.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - April 27, Fan Art - Journey to Gilneas Trailer, DLC #724 started by chaud View original post
Comments 22 Comments
  1. vilememory's Avatar
    That cinematic, chills. I mean seriously, chills. DLC, always good for a laugh.
  1. ZazuuPriest's Avatar
    It funny that a fan can put together a 4-minute video that's better than every second of the full-length feature film Warcraft.
  1. Kyphael's Avatar
    Damn it! At first glance I thought it would be a pre-patch event to Shadowlands wherein The Alliance re-claims Gilneas, making it a player capital city!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just watched it. Props to Voolcan, incredibly made and amazing editing skills. Blizzard would be lucky to have him.
  1. schwarzkopf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It funny that a fan can put together a 4-minute video that's better than every second of the full-length feature film Warcraft.
    It is also not true ... but we don't want to let reality get in the way of a good whinge now do we
  1. Daedius's Avatar
    Pretty good fan made trailer...
  1. Beet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is also not true ... but we don't want to let reality get in the way of a good whinge now do we
    Well it’s subjective so maybe it is true to him, but we don’t want to let reality get in the way of your chance for an argument do we
  1. schwarzkopf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Well it’s subjective
    Not really ... but if that makes people feel better, then go for it.
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not really ... but if that makes people feel better, then go for it.
    Well, considering the timeline of the lore is off (Worgen did not assist in the defense of Gilneas as they were savage and feral until after its fall), and the narrator has pacing and tone issues, I wouldn’t say it’s better than every second of the WoW movie.
    That stated, it was pretty well done and neat to watch. Definitely more talented at that then I could ever be.
  1. Venziir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, considering the timeline of the lore is off (Worgen did not assist in the defense of Gilneas as they were savage and feral until after its fall), and the narrator has pacing and tone issues, I wouldn’t say it’s better than every second of the WoW movie.
    That stated, it was pretty well done and neat to watch. Definitely more talented at that then I could ever be.
    Tone issues? I'll say; he sounds like an NPC from Red Dead 2, as in someone who is trying to do a bad texan dialect. The cinematic is fine, very fine even, but that voice... Good God!
  1. Railander's Avatar
    what exactly is that cap trying to achieve exactly? as long as you don't stop attacking, the HoTs still have effectively infinite duration.
    i don't see how this changes anything.
  1. thilicen's Avatar
    That trailer highlights what the Caverns of Time should have been..
  1. Inshabel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    what exactly is that cap trying to achieve exactly? as long as you don't stop attacking, the HoTs still have effectively infinite duration.
    i don't see how this changes anything.
    It's 100% duration max, so after it's extended to twice the normal duration, it can't extend any further.
  1. Shezarrine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It funny that a fan can put together a 4-minute video that's better than every second of the full-length feature film Warcraft.
    i thought the orcs in warcraft were more than worth the price of admission. they're "people" even though they look differently. they're interesting, the animation was great, the acting by the humans was stale but a lot of those actors ARE good actors in other things so it was maybe the writing and trying to keep it as a movie that makes sense to wow players and non-wow players

    overall it was a good movie, i've enjoyed watching it a few times. not the best ever but better than most.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tone issues? I'll say; he sounds like an NPC from Red Dead 2, as in someone who is trying to do a bad texan dialect. The cinematic is fine, very fine even, but that voice... Good God!
    fake southern accents always sound like shit, especially to people with a real southern accent

    the best fake southern accent i can think of is the pilot from the expanse, the former martian who is flying with the main crew
  1. Rioriel's Avatar
    Kudos to Voolcan. Nice bit of work.
  1. Lobosan's Avatar
    Eesh. Bad voice acting and a total of ONE worgen, poorly rigged. The rest was pretty but lacked a cohesive narrative so this gets a solid C- in my book.
  1. Shaetha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shezarrine View Post
    i thought the orcs in warcraft were more than worth the price of admission. they're "people" even though they look differently. they're interesting, the animation was great, the acting by the humans was stale but a lot of those actors ARE good actors in other things so it was maybe the writing and trying to keep it as a movie that makes sense to wow players and non-wow players

    overall it was a good movie, i've enjoyed watching it a few times. not the best ever but better than most.

    - - - Updated - - -



    fake southern accents always sound like shit, especially to people with a real southern accent

    the best fake southern accent i can think of is the pilot from the expanse, the former martian who is flying with the main crew
    If the actors are good in other things and the acting is stale it's the directing or editing, not the writing.
  1. ZazuuPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not really ... but if that makes people feel better, then go for it.
    you're right its not subjective the Warcraft movie was panned by every critic. It was a terrible movie, with a poorly written plot, bad directing, worse acting and shoddy CGI. I'm glad we can agree that this is not subjective opinion but a statement of verifiable fact.
  1. Pann's Avatar
    The cinematic was very good.
  1. Scottyjscizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you're right its not subjective the Warcraft movie was panned by every critic. It was a terrible movie, with a poorly written plot, bad directing, worse acting and shoddy CGI. I'm glad we can agree that this is not subjective opinion but a statement of verifiable fact.
    While I'm not gonna argue it was good, who in the fuck cares about critics?
  1. Railander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    It's 100% duration max, so after it's extended to twice the normal duration, it can't extend any further.
    is that meant as each heal can only be extended to 100% extra and then only drops off, or that the duration can only go to 100% of the normal duration.

    if it's the latter it doesn't change anything. the duration won't go above 100% but it won't drop off either as you can just keep refreshing it to keep it always at 200% duration.

Site Navigation